February 25th afternoon

-----------------------

She was bored. It was as simple as that. She had gone to church that morning. It had been a while since she had been to church and she had a lot she needed to go and pray about.

But now it was the afternoon. She didn't have to baby-sit, or be at the lab. She didn't really want to study and she had nothing to do. Before she met Justin she reveled in times like these. Times when there WAS nothing to do and she could just think or read or whatever she wanted.

But now she was bored.

She had gone for a swim. Got cold. She had got in the Jacuzzi. Got hot. And now she was leaning on this kitchen island...bored.

She looked down at the empty plate of left overs she had from her food the night before. She was bored, she ate. But now with a belly full and nothing to do she wondered how on earth she could spend her afternoon.

Justin was still in LA. He had taped the MTV ICON thing the night before. He was supposed to be home late that night, but that was like 6 hours from now. She was bored and not having fun at all.

An idea came to her that she didn't like, but she figured was pretty necessary. Cleaning. She always did it in her apartment when she was bored. And even though Justin house was not even close to being call dirty, she could wash some dishes, change sheets, vacuum.

A sigh escaped Alex's lips and she pushed herself away from the counter, and walked towards the sink.

She might be bored anymore, but she still wasn't having fun.

She wished Justin was home.

------------

After standing in front of the linen closet, which she had found in the laundry room, for about 5 minutes, Alexandria had pulled out a beautiful set of white satin sheets. She figured, if she was going to be living there, why not sleep on the good stuff. She had put the delicate cloth on her bed and then went back to the laundry room to shut the linen closet door.

She had been so excited when she saw the nice sheets she had forgot to close it. She had never slept on satin before.

But when she went to close the door something caught her attention. Her arm reached to the very back of one of the shelves and pulled out a set of sleek, black silk sheets. There was a lot of material and she figured it would fit Justin's King-size bed.

A smile slowly spread on her face.

Her long legs carried her upstairs and in his room, where she laid the silk sheets on the bed and went to his stereo. She looked at his CDs and realized she wasn't in the mood for hip-hop or r&b. So she settled on the radio and spent a few minutes standing there, pressing the "forward" button to skip through stations. Finally it landed on a song she hadn't heard in a while.

And for some reason it was the perfect song for her at that moment.

She turned the volume up, almost as loud as it would go and walked back over to the bed. She ripped off his pillows and comforter and pulled the sheets and cases off as well. She sang quietly as the music echoed through the house.

"I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they're blowing
As free as the wind
And hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning"

She danced around the bed, swiveling her hips and turning as she tucking in the mattress cover. She hadn't been able to do this, act like a kid, in a while.

"More than this
You know there is nothing
More than this
Tell me one thing
More than this
You know there is nothing"

Her hands grabbed the shiny, silk sheet and lifted her arms high in the air, letting the sheet slowly descend.

"It was fun for a while
There was no way of knowing
Like a dream in the night
Who can say where we're going
No care in the world
Maybe I'm learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning"

Blue eyes smiled and watched the scene in front of her as the sheet delicately touched the material below it. Another pair of blue eyes stared in front of him but not at the bed, at the slender figure, bent over at the base of the bed, tucking in the sheet.

"More than this
You know there is nothing
More than this
Tell me one thing
More than this
You know there is nothing"

He couldn't get over how natural and beautiful she looked in plain old black cotton shorts and a white tank top. He could see the dark colored bathing suit underneath the white material. Nothing was more beautiful than her. Nothing...

"oooh aaaah"

Her humming halted when she heard his voice. His beautiful tenor voice sing loudly throughout the room. She couldn't move, couldn't breathe. Nothing was more beautiful than his voice. Nothing...

"More than this
You know there is nothing
More than this
Tell me one thing
More than this
There's nothing"

She finally got the strength to turn around and face him. He was just standing there staring at her. She wanted to run to him and tell him she had been bored without him in her presence. Tell him she missed him and loved him. Yet all she could do was stare at his eyes that were looking back at her.

"Hey." He smiled and half shouted over the loud music.

She yelled back. "You are back early."

He nodded and stepped in the room, walking over to the stereo and turning it off. His voice returned to its normal smoothness. "Our flight got bumped up and we got back a lot earlier than expected."

"Good." She sighed. "I'm glad."

He stepped closer to her, his eyes darkening. "I missed you."

"I know. Is this healthy? It was like 4 days and I was going through my Justin withdrawals."

His lips tilted into a crooked grin as he stood a foot away from her. "Withdrawal eh?"

"Yeah, but I have made use of your pool and Jacuzzi and the huge bath tub you have."

"I see, but next time don't get in the pool or the Jacuzzi or the tub..." He stopped and smiled evilly. "...without me."

Her eyes rolled sharply back to the bed she had been trying to make. "I put new sheets on your bed."

"I see that." He whispered. She didn't look at him, but he seemed to be closer.

"I put the white satin ones on my bed. Is that ok?"

"Just fine." She could feel his breath float across her ear and cheek.

"I think the black ones look nice on your bed, they feel..." Her eyes closed when his hands wandered around to her back and pressed her into him. His face was inches from her. "... good, too."

"Lexia, would you stop talking so I can kiss you?"

Her light blue eyes turned back to him and he smiled at her slightly shocked expression before leaning in and pressing his mouth to hers. He was like a drug. With that minor touch her stiff body relaxed and seemed to fall into his. Her hands grabbed his shoulders for support as his lips parted hers and slid back, letting his tongue run across her bottom lip. She moaned and her hand left his shoulder and grabbed the back of his head, not letting him move.

Her resolve was breaking. And even though he was just in plain old jeans and a tee shirt she couldn't get over how sexy he looked and felt and smelled. It was hard, being away from all this for a few day and then BAM! He was back in her grasp. She was an addict. She was addicted to the Timberlake drug.

Right now she was overdosing.

She pulled away from his kiss and sighed. "I'm happy you are back."

"Me too. That's the last thing we have to do for a while. Now I just get to chill for like a month. Just record and write and spend time with you." He swayed with her in a hug.

"I was so bored without you here. I mean, it was awful. I've been cleaning all afternoon because I was so bored."

"Well, you could have studied. I know you've been missin' classes and I don't want my girl to get behind."

She turned her nose a bit. "I just wasn't in the mood."

"Oh, well there was a message down stairs from Jen, guess your music was too loud, but it was reminding you about some big Astrology test."

She gasped as she stepped back from Justin and her hand flew over her mouth and her eyes bulged. "Oh god."

"Forgot didn't ya?"

She just nodded, still in shock.

"You ok? Come on its only 5. You got time."

"But that's like my hardest class and I haven't been able to catch up and the professor...what am I going to do?" She bit her lip, worry written all over her face.

Justin grabbed her shoulders and looked at her directly. "Listen, you are going to go and start studying. I'm going to take a little nap. Now in an hour you wake me up and I'll find us something to eat or go get something. Then for the rest of the night; well until 1, I'm yours to help you study ok?"

"I guess." Her voice was like a whine.

"All right, come on..." Justin pulled her to his bedroom door and pushed her out in his hallway. "..go study!"

"But-"

"Lexia, just go study. It'll be ok."

"I'll try." She mumbled

"Good, now wake me up in an hour, ok?"

"K."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "I love you."

"All right." She stared blankly at his chest.

"ALEXANDRIA!"

"What?" She asked quietly, moving her eyes to his, not blinking once.

He chuckled a bit. "Just go study baby. You'll be ok. Stop worrying. You are gonna do fine."

"Ok." She took in a deep breath and turned around, leaving him. For some reason in his sincere words she found the courage to stop worrying.

She wasn't bored anymore.

But studying sure as hell wasn't going to be fun...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story