"JUUUUUUUSSSSTTTTIIIINNNNN"

"Lexia, just stop whining. We are almost there." Justin chuckled as she huffed and puffed. Finally he pulled off the winding road and onto a dirt road.

"Wait a minute-" Alex turned around in the small little BMW and looked around her surroundings.

"Are we-"

"Shhhhh." He interrupted. "Just relax baby."

She couldn't believe he was taking her here. With all that had been going on with her life, it had been at least 3 weeks since she had been able to visit her beach. The salty air began to fill her nostrils and she sighed. Definitely, this was relaxing.

Soon, Justin's headlights highlighted deep soft sand and his car came to a halt. "Just wait here for a second. Ok?"

"All right." She smiled as he got out of his car and went to the trunk. Alexandria just looked around her, almost in awe. She had forgotten how much this place meant to her. How much she loved it.

And it hit her. She had never been there at night. It was something she always wanted to do, but was a little creeped out going by herself.

Her head tilted upwards, and if possible ever single star out there was lighting up the sky. And here she was, with this incredible man. She couldn't even fathom her life without him now, and a little more than 3 months ago, he wasn't a part of her life. Just 3 months ago she was contemplating her life. Wondering where it was going go and what the future held for her. And now...it didn't matter.

Just as long as he was there with her.

"All right. It's all set up." She looked towards him, he was opening her door for her and she peeled off her socks and stepped out of the convertible. "Ohh, the sand feels weird all cold in between me toes." She giggled at her own strange little voice and walked over to the little lit up place on the sand.

There was a little lantern that was barely lighting up the place and a big blanket with a basket also. "Sit down." He motioned for her to sit and she did willingly.

He cautiously sat down on the blanket and reached in the basket to pull out 2 Snapple Orangeades. "YES!" Alex cheered and snatched one of the Snapples.

Justin took his own and Alex raised an eyebrow as he opened the bottle and took a big gulp. The bottle stopped at his lips and he pulled it away. "What?"

"So YOU are the one that has been stealing my Snapples." She narrowed her eyes with a smile.

He shrugged. "They're good."

She peeked in the basket and pulled out one of the two Tupperware containers. "What's this?"

"Strawberries."

An amused smile appeared on her face and she held up the other round container in question. He smiled. "Chocolate syrup, frosting whatever that stuff is."

She giggled and sat the two items on the blanket and opened them. "Mmm, my baby gettin' a little kinky."

"Nah. I just thought it would be nice to ya know...come out here since I know you like it so much."

She dipped one of the strawberries in the chocolate and tasted it. "Mmmm, that's yummy."

"I want one." Justin pouted. Alex bit her lip as she fixed him a strawberry and leaned over the blanket to push it towards his lips. He bit into it and grinned as he chewed. "That is yummy."

After a few minutes of silent eating of the strawberries and chocolate, Alex scooted over to his side of the blanket and smiled at him, moving in towards his face.

"Wait, Lexia. I wanna talk to you a little."

Her smile faded and she busied herself with putting up the Tupperware in the basket along with their empty bottles. She crawled to the other side of the blanket and laid down. "Fine, talk."

Within a few seconds he was laying down close beside her pointing up to the sky. "I know what that constellation is?"

"Oh really?" Alex said amused, forgetting about the bit of frustration she felt when he said he wanted to talk.

"Yeah, its tha big dippa."

She couldn't help the laugh that his statement caused. "Justin you helped me study for that Astrology test and that's the only one ya know? That's not even the right name of it."

"I'm just playing." He said quietly.

Alex sighed and rolled over on her side, and rested her head on his shoulder. "Justin, I'm sorry about what I said in the car yesterday. I shouldn't have said you didn't care about your brother. I know that you do. I know that you care about him more than anything. And I'm sorry. I just was frustrated."

"I know, Lexia. It's ok."

"No it's not. I mean I hate that he is so young that he doesn't understand why your life is the way it is. I mean I can't really understand it myself and I'm 19. I'm not going to lie and say that I think what you do is best for Jon, because even before I knew you I had my doubts. But...I know you love it. And I don't know what I'm saying. But, just know that its gonna be hard for me to pick your side over Jon's because I want to support you and everything because I know how much you love this, but I don't want to have to hear about him having nightmares, frequently that are so bad his mother cant help him, and he screams and cries."

"Do you think I want that? I don't Alexandria. I hate that this is causing him to not be able to sleep without being scared. You don't realize how much my career pulls me in two completely different directions sometimes. And I don't know whether to laugh to cry to shout or scream or be happy or what sometimes. But you are right. Music is in my soul, and if I don't do music...I'll just whither away into nothing."

Alex's head lifted off his shoulder and to his face. The lantern was barely giving them enough light to see each other. She could make out his features and his eyes were looking at her. "I'm sorry Justin."

"It's ok Lexia." A smile came to his lips, making her at ease. "I sometimes just get frustrated with it all. I hate being FORCED to make decisions, and well in this business I HAVE to. Sometimes I just can pick one way or the other, so I have to ride the fence, and sometimes that's not a very comfortable place to be."

She just nodded and let her head fall back to his chest. His fingers lightly played with her hair as one of her hands made invisible patterns on his T-shirt. "Do you ever get a break? I mean just a time when you can just worry about yourself and not your group or your family and friends, just Justin time?"

He sighed. "Not really. I mean, I'm not really allowed that time. Being at home, alone I guess."

Her finger stopped it movement.

"But being alone sucks. Ya know? Especially in your own house because then you are like. Man, I don't have anyone to be around. But now you are there." She noticed the change in his tone; her finger started moving on his stomach and chest again

"But, sometimes I just like to go out driving or coming here. I've been here about 4 times by myself ever since you showed it to me. And well there is this little island I went to once, about a year ago went we had all that legal trouble. Do you know about that?"

"Lynn told me I think. The Transcontinental lawsuit thingy?"

"Yeah. Well I needed to get away so I went to this island that is owned, yes I know OWNED by one of my old tutors when I was on MMC. Her husband won like the lottery or something and they bout this little island and built bungalows and beach houses on it, and they rent them out to couples or whoever. You can see the lights of it form here, I think."

Justin sat up a bit and looked over the dark waters of black and spotted one little light in the distance. "I think that's it. Yup, But Mrs. Belask was the coolest teacher. I really liked her."

Alex resituated her position as he lay back down. He started humming something that she never heard, so she just listened to him for a moment until he stopped.

"Justin, someone asked me about you today."

It was a shock to herself once she had said it outloud. She was thinking it, and some how it came out of her lips.

"What?"

"Oh well, umm...some people at the lab had seen the article in the tabloids and Claud, who I went to lunch with asked me about it. She wasn't like, saying she thought it as me, she was just curios about what I thought. It was kinda weird. I really didn't like lying about it."

"Well if anyone else ask, you need to ok? Lie your little heart out. We can't let anyone in on it except those who already know."

"I just hate not being able to tell everyone about you."

"You just cant Lexia. If you do, then you will have to face the media. And believe me, that's something you don't want to do."

"Justin?"

"Wha Lexia?"

"God I love that name." She mumbled. "Anyways, will you sing me something?"

"You want ME to sing?"

"Yeah. You got a voice, just your music sucks."

"Eh now. WATCH IT!"

"No, its ok. Just not good if its like forced in you ears every minute of the Gosh Darn day."

"Ok ok. What do you want to hear?"

"Somethin' jazzy, soulful. And if you start singing "It's Gonna be MAY" I'll hit cha."

He chuckled at her playful voice and thought about what he could sing to her. "Ok, now this is really soulful and jazzy and you probably know it. It's kinda sad though. Anyways..."

Alex smiled as his voice that she could have never pictured with the song filled her ears. She was surprised he knew the song. But then she realized he probably heard it on open mic night at the coffee shop. She bit her lip in remembrance.

"Don't know why
There's no sun up in the sky -
Stormy Weather.
Since my girl and I ain't together,
keeps raining all the time."

Alex's hand traveled down his chest to his stomach and finally to the hem of his shirt. Her hand timidly went under the shirt and she started to rub his stomach muscles and move up to his chest. She smiled when she felt him shift and giggle under her.

"When she went away,
The blues walked in and met me.
If she stays away,
Old rockin' chair will get me..."

He stopped and barely sang the rest as her lips touched his neck, slowly moving up to his jaw.

"Lexia...I'm trying to sing..."

She ignored him and moved her lips down his chin and towards his lips.

"Can't go on.
Ev'ry thing I had is gone -.." He chuckled and stopped sing. "Forget it." And with that he cupped her face and held her lips to his. His tongue gently made its way to hers and as they danced, she managed to make her weight settle on him easier.

After a few more passion-filled moments, Justin's head turned to the side, and Alex ended up kissing his cheek. "Justin.."

"Lexia, It's getting late. And we both know where this might lead. And I'm already gettin' a little chilled out here. Why don't we go back home?" He looked in her eyes and she turned up her nose not wanting to leave that moment.

"Come on..." He gently moved his head to her ear and let his lips brush against it as he spoke. "I'll make it worth your while."

Alex hopped up, and marched to the car.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story