"And I guess that's why they call it the blues. Time on my hands..." Alex quietly sang along to the stereo as she ran a paper towel with 409 soaked into it, over her sink.

"....Living like lovers, rolling like thunder, under the covers." A perfect male voice sang out behind her. She turned around and saw Justin leaning against the frame of the doorway to the bathroom. He smiled and came in.

"What else do you need to be done?"

"Umm, You and Jon could take the sheets off my bed and put new ones on. That sounds bad." She giggled.

"Nah, its all good. Where are your clean sheets?"

"Right here." She opened a closet that was in her bathroom and exposed tons of sheets and towels. She picked out the print that went with her comforter and handed the sheets and pillowcases to him.

"Thank you." He grinned

She smiled continuing her scrubbing of the sink. "No, Thank you."

He waved a hand in front of his face and blinked. "Whew, those are some strong fumes, girl."

She nodded coughed slightly. She watched out of the corner of her eye as Justin led Jon in to bedroom. The end of the bed was all she could see. She watched as pillows were thrown on the floor and then the comforter.

She had been so wrong about Mr. Popstar. She should have known better. Someone with a family like Lynn, Paul, and Jon, just couldn't be like she had presumed him to be. Egotistical, stuck-up, self-centered, bitter, and uncaring.

Instead he was the exact opposite.

She smiled. It had been a long LONG time since she had hung out with someone her own age and it was very refreshing to not have to be constantly remembering that you had a 7 year old with you and couldn't say or do certain things. Of course that 7-year-old was still there, but she was still happy another 19 year old was there too.

So what if they had been cleaning all afternoon? She bet not many people got to see Justin Timberlake lipsing and karoke to Madonna, Billy Joel, and Britney Spears using a broom as his microphone. She about died from laughing when her mixed CD played "Lucky." Justin had gotten so "into" the song that her and Jon thought they were going to have to restrain him.

"Hey Alex, where did you get this CD, it's really good." Justin called from her bedroom.

Her eyes went wide and she chewed her bottom lip nervously. She looked into her bedroom where him and Jon where letting a sheet slowly descend on her bed. He looked up at her as he tucked in the sheets at the end of the bed.

"I uhh, umm, made it."

"Uh ohhh, we got ourselves a little music pirate here huh?" Justin stood up and put his hands on his hips. Jon scrambled into view and went over to her computer, plopping down in her chair. He pointed to the box that was her CD burner and spoke. "Yeah, she got a CD maker Justin."

Justin looked at her and walked over to her computer. He moved the mouse to take off the screen saver, and wasn't surprised when he saw napster already up and running. "Uh huh." He said shortly.

"I'm sorry." She bowed her head and looked at the floor in shame. She was going to have to go to best buy and tell Darrell she wanted a refund now. She felt bad.

He chuckled. "Don't be. I understand."

"But you are against it."

"Yeah, but there ain't anything I can do about it. As long as you aren't selling CDs for profit I cant do anything."

She slumped her shoulders. "But now I feel bad."

"Don't worry, I'm not mad." Justin smiled at her, looking at her deep icy eyes as she removed her glasses and cleaned them with the bottom of her tank top. Her fit stomach was exposed and Justin stared at it like it was artwork. She looked up and he quickly turned his head back to Jon so she wouldn't notice he was staring at her body. Jon was trying to put a pillowcase on a pillow. But he wasn't being very successful. Justin walked over and helped him.

Alexandria walked into the room and walked over to her computer. She smiled happily and breathed a "yes."

"What?" Jon came up beside her.

"You'll see." She got up and walked into her den. Justin looked down at Jon. "I like her."

"I told you so." Jon responded matter-of factly. Justin brought the 3rd pillow into his arms and sighed. "How many pillows does one person need?"

"I don't know, mmmm, I like the way they smell." Jon said sniffing the 4th pillow and only one that wasn't covered with a pillowcase. Justin plucked it from his grasp and smelled it, closing his eyes in the process.

It smelled....unlike anything he had ever smelled before. Sweet. Intoxicating. Wonderful. The scent filled every part of his body. He couldn't describe it. He knew he would never forget that smell.

He heard the music cease coming from the living room and Alex reappeared she walked over to her computer and sat down. "I've been meaning to download this song for ages. I love it!"

She clicked play with her mouse and turned up the speakers on her computer and smiled as "Can't fight the moonlight" by LeAnn Rimes filled the room.

"Under a lover's sky I'm gonna be with you.." She sang as she got up. She walked into her living room again still singing the song.

Jon tugged on Justin's pants leg. "Justin, JUSTIN!"

"What Jon?" He turned to look down at the little boy.

"You were staring at her."

"I was not. Let's finished making the bed. OK?"

"OK." Jon giggled as they silently made the bed. Listening to the song. Justin could hear her voice from the kitchen. "You can try to resist Try to hide from my kiss But you know, but you know That you, can't fight the moonlight Deep in the dark you'll surrender your heart..."

Justin sighed and looked down over at Jon who was singing also. He smiled. He had missed his brother so much. They had perfectly made the bed and went into the living room.

"We're done!" Jon yelled.

"We're done." Chester mocked him.

Justin walked over to the cage. "So, he talks."

"Yeah, sometimes." Alex pushed herself up on the counter eating an apple. "Well, guys. Good job. You shouldn't have helped me, but I thank you none the less."

"Oh, we had fun, didn't we little J?" Justin came around the bar and leaned against the counter across from her, beside Jon.

"Yeah, whenever you are with Lexy, you have fun." He smiled at Justin then at Alex. She rolled her eyes and took a big bite out of the apple.

"Well, Jon, we need to go. Joey is going to be waiting for us."

"You sure you don't want to go, Lexy?" Jon looked at her hopefully.

"Nah, you boys go on and have fun."

"Come on, come with us." Justin spoke sincerely and softly. She gulped the bit of apple in her mouth and forced herself to shake her head. "I really need to study."

"Well, all right. But, next week I'll give you a call and we can all go to the beach. Jon says it's a lot of fun, with you." He added the last part shyly.

"OK. Sure." She whispered. She hopped off the counter as they slowly walked to the door. Justin opened it and they both walked outside. She stayed in holding the door open.

"Thanks guys."

"Sure." Jon smiled brightly.

"Thank you, for being such a wonderful person, with Jon." He grinned.

"Oh OK." She didn't really know what to say.

Jon came up to her and hugged her waist, she hugged him back and bent down to kiss his forehead. "Bye guys."

"What? I don't get a hug and kiss too?" Justin pouted.

She looked at him like he was crazy. "You can't be serious."

He gave a half smile and stepped closer to her. "But I am." He engulfed her in a hug and her eyes went huge. What was he doing? Justin Timberlake? Heartthrob? Nsyncer? Boyfriend of Britney Spears? Hello? What was he doing hugging little ol Alexandria Smith?

He pulled away and lowered his head. "Come on, I want a kiss too." He said impatiently.

She couldn't BELIEVE she was going to do this. But she did. Her lips went forward and kissed his smooth forehead. What was SHE doing? She could smell his cologne. Intoxicating. She stepped away from him and he stood up straight.

"Bye Lexia." He whispered huskily.

Lexia, that was a new one. She had many nicknames derived from her name. Alex, Lexy, Lex, Lexus, she'd even been called Andrea before but never, never in her life had she been called Lexia.

She looked at him and managed a small, scared smile. She looked at Jon who was covering his eyes as if they had REALLY been kissing, and giggling.

"Bye." She squeaked. Justin pulled the door shut, winking at her.

The door clicked and she gasped for air. WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!?!

She gulped and licked her lips. For the 2nd time that day her mind was blank. Justin had made her mind blank. She rushed to the CD player and popped in a different CD and pumped up the volume.

She flopped back over the loveseat. Her leg draped over an armrest and her head against the other.

She stared at her cloud covered ceiling as Cranberries "Dream" calmed her racing nerves and harmones.

That boy was trouble. That boy was trying to make her fall. There was no other reason for his actions.

That boy, that man, that person, was getting to her. Guys didn't get to her. She had giving up on them and had put up a lock around her heart that was impossible for anyone to open.

But Justin.

Nuh uh. This couldn't be happening. He COULDNT be unlocking her. He just couldn't.

It was impossible. She wouldn't LET him get to her.

Yet she couldn't get the smell of his cologne and shape of his mouth when he gave her a half-smile out of her mind. Or the way his dark blue eyes turned darker when he looked at her.

She stood up quickly and scanned the room. Perfectly clean.

"This cannot be happening to me." She whispered allowed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story