Everything was starting to click. That name stuck out in her head. She could remember the night he told her about his favored tutor. About going to her island...about...

"Oh..my..." She whispered, searching the drawers of Justin's kitchen.

"Alex, what did you just say?" Mike asked following her in the kitchen.

"I know where Justin is." Alex spoke a little bit more clearer than before, pulling out the phone book and ripping through the pages.

Joey looked over at JC from the couch where they didn't bother moving. "She just shattered."

"No, listen dude." JC nudged Joey and they watched as Lynn sat Jon down and ran after Alex.

Jon stared at Jen and the other two on the couch for a moment before biting his lip and following his mother.

He was obviously very confused.

"Alexandria, where is he?" Lynn asked, pushing past Mike and standing right beside the girl.

"What was Mrs. Belask's first name?" She inquired ripping through the flimsy pages.

"Uhh I don't remember, why?" Lynn looked between Alex and the phone book. If she thought about it Lynn would have remembered, but she didn't really care about the teachers name in that moment. She wanted to know where her son was. And she wanted to know what Alex knew about that.

Suddenly Alex gasped and stared down at the book. Lynn looked down and saw a number circled in red. It read: "Mrs. Ellen Belask...P.O. Box #9629....(197)298-5108..." There was a line under it that read "Belask Beach Rentals.....(197)298-5110..."

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." Alex chanted quietly ripping the cordless phone from its resting place and punching in the numbers.

"What's going on Lynn?" Mike asked.

"Mommy, why is Lexy acting weird?"

"I don't know." Lynn stared in disbelief as Alex held the phone to her ear and paced the kitchen.

Alex on the other hand waited, nervously, anxiously, through one ring, two rings...three...

"Hello, Belask Beach Rentals this is Ellen..."

A sigh escaped Alex's lips; she fought with what to say. If she was wrong, she would make a fool of herself. She was beyond caring at this point.

"Hello? Hello?"

"Oh, hi. Sorry, ummm.." Alex stuttered.

"Hi, can I help you?" The ladies voice was sincere and kind.

"Umm, this is going to sound really weird but, ok..." Alex took in a calming breath. This might just be the sanity she had been missing the past few days. "...my name is Alexandria Smith, and I know you probably cant..."

"Alex? Justin's girl?"

Alexandria stopped. She just froze for a few seconds. Finally she pushed herself against the wall, and slid down it. "Uhh, yeah...I guess..How did you know?" She meekly said.

"Oh he told me that you would be calling. He was kinda worried though he thought you would have called Tuesday or Wednesday night. But he will be happy to know that you did. He has been talking about you a lot. Are you going to come down here?"

Alex was lost for words. He was expecting her?? How was she supposed to know where he went?

"Are you still there sweetie?" Ellen's kind voice asked.

"Yeah, I'm just a little shocked. We...we didn't know where he went, everyone was so worried."

"Hmm, ok? I don't know why. He said you would know where he was. Are going to come down here? I think Justin would like it."

"Uh, yeah...where..."

"If you take Highway 11 south all the way to the coast it takes you to Right's beach, it's a tiny town. If you get on the main road, which is the strip...right when you pass the first McDonalds there is a dock. There's a fairy that runs about 3 times a day from our island to Right's beach. The last one for the today leaves in about an hour."

"Oh my god...I gotta..."

"It's ok honey. It doesn't take long to get here. Just come on. He'll be happy to know that you are on your way."

"I can't believe that he's there. So he is ok and everything?"

"Yes, he is just fine. He was a little down this morning when he heard you hadn't called, but besides that he's been ok."

"Well umm.."

"Go on Alexandria. Get your things and get down here. He's been waiting for you."

"Ok, um, thank you, bye." Alex clicked the phone off and stared into space for a while. Her eyes moved up to everyone who was now in the kitchen staring at her hoping for information. She thought she heard one of them ask her something, but Mrs. Belask voice was still ringing in her head and she couldn't hear anything more than her voice and her own heartbeat.

Finally she shot up and ran out of the kitchen.

"What just happened?" Jen asked looking around.

JC breathed. "Did she just find him?"

Lynn nodded with a smile "I think."

"Mommy? Where is Justin?" Jon asked stomping his foot.

Lynn chuckled, tears about to pool from her eyes. "I have no idea, sweetie. I have no idea."

Mike shook his head and flipped open his cell and began punching numbers.

"Wait...what just happened?" Joey asked utterly confused.

--------

Less than 3 minutes later...

"Alex, Alex Alex!!...Where is he?" Mike grabbed her arm as she ran through the house with a small overnight back on her shoulder.

She sighed with a look that showed she didn't want to be bothered. "I can't talk right now, Mikey. I'll call you when I get there, bye guys..." Alex ripped from his grasp and ran to the garage door and opened the door and got in her Jeep.

She stopped for a moment before turning on her car and taking a deep breath. "Thank you God. Yes, he is ok."

She smiled. For the first time all day, she smiled. 5 minutes later she was speeding down Highway 11.

And everyone still left in Justin's house was slightly stunned. Lynn was smiling, hugging Jon who was still clueless and very annoyed with the matter because everyone was ignoring him. Mike was talking to Johnny on the phone. And the other three, JC, Joey, and Jen were trying to make sense of what just happened.

"You know what? You celebrities have confusing lives." Jen shook her head.

"Tell me about it." JC grinned.

--------------

30 minutes....

Alex almost groaned when she saw the car she parked by. Justin's BMW was covered, locked up and in the remote section of the parking lot beside the dock. She parked beside the blue convertible just for her own sake. Grabbing her bag from the passenger seat she got out of the car and took in the salty ocean air. Her legs carried her towards the dock, her eyes searching for which boat would take her to the island. She read over the various names of fishing tours and boat tours you could go on, but she didn't see the one that she need.

-Don't panic Alex...it's ok. At least you know that he is ok...you just gotta figure out which one of these....god, it smells....-

"Excuse me miss? Can I help you?"

Alex turned at the voice and saw a man that looked, well, pretty disgusting. He had a cigar in his mouth and his beard was long and gray and he was bald on his head. He had on sweaty wifebeater that didn't cover him enough and slick rain pants with suspenders and fisherman boots.

He looked like a fisherman. He was a fisherman.

"Ohh well, I'm looking for the fairy that will take you to where the Belask beach rental thingys are..." Alex really didn't know what they called the place.

"Ohh, you mean Sunrise Island. Yup, that fairy is the last boat down there, just docked about an hour ago." He pointed towards the end of the long wooden and rickety dock.

"Thank you so much." Alex smiled and walked as fast as she could towards that end.

"Sure."

Once she got to the end of the dock she stared at the boat in front of her. IT was, well, it was a medium sized boat. It looked like a regular old fishing boat with a cabin and all, but it was kinda old looking.

She would love to see Justin on this thing.

She smiled. Maybe she would get her chance.

An old man, probably the same age as the fisherman, but looking much nicer in his hat and sunglasses and casual clothing came up to her. "Hi, I'm Captain Belask. Are you going to Sunrise Island?"

"Yes sir."

"Well let me help you aboard."

"Ok." Alex followed the man down a wobble 4 foot side stretch of wooden planks, trying not to fall and also trying to figure out what he said his name was. -Did he just say Belask?-

She ignored it as the older man held her stuff as she walked up the small, slippery steps an into the boat. He handed her stuff to her and grinned. "We will be heading out in about 15 minutes. Just make yourself at home."

She watched as he walked down the tiny dock onto the larger on and began fiddling with ropes and all other sorts of things.

Alex didn't have a clue as to what she was doing. But she figured if it would get her to Justin, it would be worth it. She clutched her bag and purse in her arms and tried to maintain her balance as she went to a seat on the side of the boat. It didn't look like anyone else was on the vessel but herself.

She began to feel a little uneasy about this whole thing.

The sound of laughter found its way on the boat and she looked at the steps to see the captain helping a couple in their late twenties up on the boat. They talked with him like they new him well before finding their seats in the front of the boat.

Alex just sat there.

A few minutes later Alex was looking up at the clouds when she felt a presence sit near her. She turned her head and smiled at the woman who had sat a few seats down from her. The woman was in her 40s or 50s and she was dressed in casual clothing much like the captain. Sandals, khaki pants, a short sleeve button down shirt and a sweater tied over her shoulders.

She tired not to stare at the woman, but it was kinda hard when the woman was staring at her.

Alex jut turned her head and bit her lip, feeling a bit of nerves wash over her.

Suddenly the woman spoke. "Are you Alexandria?"

Alex's head flipped sharply around with wide eyes. "How did you-"

"Wow, you are even more beautiful than Justin described. He said you were gorgeous but I had no idea you were this pretty."

"Huh?"

The woman shook her head and pushed her hand towards Alexandria. "Ohh, how stupid of me. We talked on the phone...I'm Mrs. Belask."

Alex just stared at the woman.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story