A few minutes earlier.

-----------------

"Talk about what mom?" Alex questioned, walking further into her room, pushing the door closed as she stepped.

"Sit down." Here mom patted the space in front of her on Alex's soft bed. Alexandria did not like that smug little grin her mom had on her face. But Alex sat down anyway and looked up at her mom, bored.

"Babe, you might not appreciate this question. And, well I could be wrong. But I doubt I am." Her eyes widened a bit and her teeth appeared between her lips in a smile. "Are you sleeping with Justin?"

-Oh god..-

"Uhh, what makes you think that?" Alex said quickly. Her mom and her were best friends. They had always been close, being the only girls in the family. Alexandria had been brought up kinda rugged and a bit tomboyish, but her mom had taught her the ins and outs of being a girl like a best friend would, not a mother. But she was 19 years old, and she didn't want her mom knowing everything there was to know about her.

"Well, ever since you two stepped off that plane you've been very...touchy feely. A lot more than the last time I saw you. The looks you to give each other. Well they aren't, "Aww you are cute" they are "Aww, can I your rip your clothes off"."

"OH MY GOD!" Alex's eyes widened as far as they could. Her mom was a little outrageous, but lord! She had never heard her mom be like this.

"And baby, I know. I've been there. I can remember when I met your dad. Well, I know you don't want all the details. But I know what you are feeling. Just know that you can come to me with anything. In fact, I thought you had gone all the way with Cole."

"Ewww." Alex cringed.

"But obviously, not. But Justin, whew babe. I might get mad if you didn't."

"I can not believe you are saying this to me." Alex's voice was mumbled and like that of a robot.

"Alexandria, I saw what you did to him at dinner." Alex's face burned.

"W-w-what?"

"It wasn't very nice baby. Why did you anyway? I mean what if your dad saw. Oh lord." Sandra leaned forward a bit and grabbed Alex's trembling hand. "But it was funny seeing him sweat like that."

"Moooooommmmm." Alex whined, falling over on the bed.

"Alex...I'm happy for you I really am. It's a little soon, but I mean you can't deny the feelings you two share for each other. They're strong baby." Her mom's voice was finally soothing.

"So you aren't like...bothered by it?"

"By what? You having sex with the fine boy."

Alex's hand flew up in the air. "MOM! STOP! Ok, that's just not cool."

"What? Are you mad because I said sex or because I called him fine."

"Both." She giggled.

Sandra smiled and laughed as well. "Well, they are both facts."

"But..you are my mom..." Alex cringed, burying her face in her hands. This had to be the most embarrassing moment she had ever experienced.

"Hey ladies."

They both looked at him shocked. Alex's face turned bright red and her mom's eyes widened and she burst into laughter.

"Come on in Justin, we were just talking about you." Sandra said between giggled.

Alex gasped. "MOM!"

Justin chuckled and walked on in, smiling. "Have a seat Justin..." Alex's mom scooted over and Alexandria shook her head.

"I can not believe you are doing this." She mumbled.

"Doing what?" Justin asked cluelessly as he sat down on the bed.

"We are talking about sex." Sandra replied coolly.

Justin pushed himself off the comforter. "I think I'm going-"

"Sit back down." Sandra pulled on his arm and he gave Alexandria a pleading look. Alex was covering her face, just letting her eyes be shown.

"God, strike me with lightening. I'm begging. PLEASE!" Alex begged.

"That's not nice babe." Sandra smiled and grabbed one of each of their hands in hers. "Now, I know what it's like to be your age. I just want you two to be careful. We don't want any mini Justin's or mini Lex's running around."

"Oh god..." Justin said quietly.

"You two know about protection. You are bright young adults. But sex isn't something to take lightly. Just use your best judgment, ok?"

"Yes mom. Can you please leave? You've mortified me for life." Alex mumbled.

"All right babe. And don't worry I wont tell your dad. Because, well...Justin you would be dead by now." Sandra giggled as Justin chew on his bottom lip. She leaned over and kissed his head and did the same with her daughter.

"Bye you two." With that, she hopped off the bed and walked over to the door, shutting it quietly.

Alex stared at Justin. Justin stared at Alex. "Oh my gosh." They whispered simultaneously.

Finally a giggle escaped Alex's lips and it was passed on to Justin. Before they knew it the sound of laughter was echoing around her room.

"Just shoot me now, please...." Alex begged, crawling over to the she was no longer sitting across from Justin but beside him.

"That was absolutely horrible. I had no idea yall were talking about that. She was so cool about it though. Cooler than my mom even."

"I KNOW! For a second there I thought she was going to ask how good it was." Alexandria mumbled.

"WHAT?" Justin said with laughter.

"So what did you and the men talk about downstairs?" Alex giggled as he relaxed back on her many pillows and turned his head to look at her.

"Not anything like that. They basically just asked me harmless questions. Your dad talked for a while about my BMW. He is so obsessed with that."

"I know. He's always wanted one. Mom's thought about getting him one, but they are kinda expensive and not very practical for Alaska."

Justin smiled at her as she played with the hem of her long sleeve UCF shirt. "Lexia, what were you trying to do at dinner?"

She stopped her hands and grinned. "Just getting ya back for the whole snowball fight."

"Hmm, you seemed to be obsessed about that area of me ever since-"

"Ok, shut up...we've had a long day. I'm changing into my pjs. Come back here in a second and will talk some more."

"Ok, babe." He leaned over and kissed her cheek sweetly. But soon his simple kiss had turned into kisses that were leading her mouth. She smiled against his lips and pushed him away. He just chuckled and left her room with a wink.

----

Few minutes later...

Justin knocked on Alexandria's closed door. He heard her yell, "come in" and he turned the knob and opened the door. Her bed was already pulled back but she was no where in sight.

"Lexia?"

"I'm in the bathroom." She peeked her head out of the open doorway and he smiled. He shuffled over to the bathroom and leaned against the doorframe. He watched her silently as she took her contacts out and put them into their small white case. He had to smile at her in cute and innocent red flannel pjs. She looked up at her reflection, blinked and locked eyes with him. She smiled, but then it faded. Her hands fumbled as she reached for her glasses and slipped them over her eyes.

"When did you start wearing glasses?" She turned and walked over to him.

"I've had them since I was 13. I just don't wear them. I'm just a little farsighted, so they are basically reading glasses. But I've grown use to not wearing them."

"So why put them on now?" She asked, flatting her hands against his chest and looking at him.

"I don't know. I heard women say they think guys look sexy in glasses. So..." He grinned.

"You look like a dork." She giggled when he pretended to be hurt. "I'm kidding." She patted his chest and walked back into her room, scrambling up on her bed like a little kid. "I can't believe I didn't know you wore glasses though. Hmmm."

He followed her and sat down on the edge of her bed. "Well there's a lot you don't know about me."

Her light blue eyes glanced over his face that was looking at her comforter. "What's wrong?"

"Do you think we are going to fast?" He sighed, turning to look in to her eyes.

She was startled by his question. She was even more taken by the serious worry in his face. "I-I don't know. I mean, I guess some people could say that but, I don't...I don't feel that way."

"Me either." He whispered.

She sighed in relief. She was afraid of their relationship at this point, because he was right. She didn't know a whole lot about him and the same with her. But they were learning, and the more they learned about the other, the more they fell harder and deeper in love. "Then don't worry. I know that I might not have known you for very long but what I feel for you doesn't come with a time limit. I don't think there is a certain rule that says you have to know this much or known the person this long to be in love with them."

"I'm glad we agree on this stuff." He chuckled and pulled his legs up on her bed and laid casually across her bed, perpendicular to her stature.

"So then, tell me Justin. What's something that I don't know about you?"

"Umm, hmm, well, when I was 14 I was arrested."

"Oh my gosh, I'm dating a criminal?" Alex gasped.

He chuckled. "Uh, yeah. Me and my best friend Trace, who you HAVE to meet sometime. The boy is insane, cracks me up, anyways...I told my mom I was spending the night with him and he told his mom he was staying with me, and we thought it would be stay up all night. Trace's idea. Oh my gosh, it was so stupid. Anyways, so we were being stupid kids and I had some spray paint and uhh, well we were...oh gosh...this is embarrassing, we took all the speed limit signs in our neighborhood which were like 25 mph and spraypainted 69 over them, because we were 14 year old dorks. Anyways...we got caught."

"What did Lynn do?" Alex asked enthralled with the story.

"She never knew. Trace's uncle who was a police officer in Millington caught us and he was on shift that night. He took up in the copcar and made us walk through the jail and then he locked us in a cell for about two hours. Then he told us we had to work for him that summer, like yardwork for elderly and stuff. Then he took us home. By then it was like 8. I went home and so did Trace and my mom and his mom never knew. Just thought we had come in early and that we were good 'ol boys trying to help the little old ladies in our town."

"Oh my gosh, Justin that is bad."

"I know. I was a bad kid. What about you? Done anything illegal?"

"Not that I know of. Speeding?" She chuckled when he gave her a bored look. "Really. I'm a good girl. I mean, I have very high morals about like breaking the law and stuff. It's weird. Like I would never consider vandalizing or stealing or anything like that."

"Well then tell me something I don't know..." He asked curiously.

She thought for a moment staring at the navy material of the sweatpants he wore. "Well, you don't know that my dad grew up in Oregon then moved up here after college and met my mom. But that's not about me, uhh..." She looked over at her case of basketball trophies and awards.

"I had been offered a full ride to go to Alaska State for women's basketball."

"REALLY? And you didn't go?" Justin asked shocked.

"No..I had to get away Justin. And just think, if I did, I would have never met you." She smiled at him. Justin licked his lips and grinned.

"Tell me more Lexia..." He paused and turned to his back, staring at her ceiling and smiling. "I want to know more about you...I want to know it all..."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story