Author's Chapter Notes:
If you want it, here it is
Come and get it
Make your mind up fast

If you want it anytime I can give it
But you better hurry 'cause it may not last
- "Come and Get it" - The Beatles
I’m about to share something that could completely change the future of the music industry forever. I mean, one of the biggest artists in the world has a secret that could shatter the image that people have of him.

What is that secret, you ask?

Oh, I would love to tell you.

Justin Timberlake sucks at Guitar Hero.

I know, shocking. I couldn’t believe it myself, but after kicking his ass three times in a row, I’ve come to accept that Justin is not perfect. In fact, I’m pretty sure my baby cousin could do better at Guitar Hero, and she doesn’t have complete control of her hands yet (she’s 8 months old). Yeah, I said it. Justin Timberlake sucks.

Although, I will admit that having this little revelation has completely made my day and if ever I’m in a bad mood I’m just going to replay this moment in my mind and everything will be OK.

“Seriously, can you even find the buttons?” I duck as a pillow sails in my direction and laugh at the dirty look on Justin’s face.

“Shut up, Jude.” He throws the plastic guitar down on the floor and flops next to me. We’ve just spent the majority of our day off playing on the 360, and I have successfully beaten Justin in every round of Guitar Hero. I will cherish this moment forever.

“I thought you were an amazing musician?” I have to rub it in a little more.

He turns to stare at me, his eyes half closed in a very un-amused fashion. “It’s a fucking game, Jude. Give me a real guitar and I’ll school you any day.”

I reach over and pat him on the knee, giving him a grin.

“Sure thing, Boss man.” I lean back and stretch, letting my muscles relax and my body fall back into the cushions of the couch. “Just wait until I tell Trace about this. He’s going to shit.”

“Don’t!” He really looks concerned and I can’t help but laugh. “No really, Abbey, it’s going to be a living hell if he finds out about this. He’ll never leave me alone about it.”

“And you think I will? C’mon, Justin. Mr. Perfect just got his ass kicked by his own artist. You really don’t think I’m going to let this one slide.”

“Whatever, I’m having a bad day. I’ll kick your ass the next time we play.”

I scoff. “Right, because you’re going to practice every free second you get on the bus.”

He stares at me, seemingly unable to think of a comeback. I laugh again and truly enjoy this moment because they’re rare. Justin is disgustingly good at just about everything, and finding something that he sucks at is like…it’s like…like getting a major record deal with the biggest artist on the planet.

“Are you hungry at all? I could use something to eat.” Justin starts to toss the remote in the air and I laugh again when he misses and it hits him on the head.

“Good one, Boss man.” I stretch out on the couch and rest my feet in his lap. “Yeah, I could go for some food. What do you have in mind?”

“I don’t know, should we go out or stay in?”

“When’s Trace supposed to get in?” I kick when he starts to tickle my feet. I hate having my feet touched, especially tickled.

“He won’t get in until late. His plane lands sometime around 11 or something like that. Rachel’s going to pick him up.” He gives up his attempt to tickle my feet when I kick a little too close to his junk. Ha, that’ll teach him.

“Let’s stay in then. I don’t feel like getting dressed and being seen with you means more pictures in those trashy magazines and I’m not in the mood for that.”

“You’re a riot, Jude, really.” He slaps me on the leg and I kick at him again. “Seriously, if you kick me in the balls I’m going to have to hurt you.”

“Whatever, that would be the most action you’ve gotten in a long time. You’d enjoy it.” He glares at me and I laugh.

I have to admit that today has been a lot of fun. I was pretty embarrassed after the whole drinking/crying episode and I avoided being around Justin for a while. We’ve officially been on tour for two weeks and every night has been amazing. Aside from getting into it with John and missing my home, I love being on tour. I mean, the hours are nuts and I’m exhausted a lot, but there is nothing like being in front of thousands of people every night and hearing them sing along to your music. The more show’s we’ve had, the more the crowd has embraced me and I think I could do this forever.

Justin slaps my leg again and it brings me out of my daze.

“What?”

“I asked if you could call Rachel and see if she or the dancers want to join us. We should have a movie night.”

“Yeah, sure.” I grab my phone off the table and start to dial when it rings. It’s John. Things have gotten better with us, he sent me flowers after Justin ripped him a new asshole, but as time goes on we just get back into fighting. It’s starting to get on my nerves.

“Hey,” I want things to be better with us, but I’m not sure how to do it when I’m moving around the country.

“Hey baby, how’s it going?” He sounds happy and I hope that this means we can have a civil conversation this time.

“Not bad, just hanging out today. We had the day off so Justin and I are playing some video games and we’re about to order food.”

“Oh,” The happiness slips a little and I wonder if it has to do with the mention of Justin. I never figured John to be the jealous type, but he’s been acting a little green lately. “Should I leave you alone then? Call you back when you’re not busy.”

I refuse to get provoked. I refuse to be dragged into this fight.

“No, we can talk now.” Justin throws me a look from the other end of the couch and he picks up his phone again. I’m assuming he’s going to call Rachel and the others, now that he’s called for the food. “How’s everything going at the studio?”

“It’s great, actually. We just landed a big deal with this skateboarding company to design a new line of boards for Ryan Sheckler.”

“Hey! That’s awesome. Ryan Sheckler is a cutie, too.”

“Yeah, well, if I get to meet him I’ll be sure to tell him that my girlfriend has a crush on him.” I think it’s supposed to be a joke, but it certainly doesn’t sound very lighthearted.

“You should.”

“Yeah, and then you can spend all of your time with him instead of Justin.” Now I know that wasn’t joking.

“Right, and I’m sure that Ryan wouldn’t give me shit for spending time with my friends.” I know I said I wouldn’t get dragged into this fight, but apparently my will power isn’t that strong.

“Whatever, Abbey. I don’t give you shit, I just don’t understand why every time I call you you’re either with Justin, or your leaving Justin, or you’re about to meet up with Justin. Hell, maybe you should just shack up with him!” He pauses and I know what’s coming next but I still can’t believe it comes out of his mouth. “Or maybe you’ve already done that.”

“I’m hanging up now.”

“Am I hitting a little too close to home, Abbey?” Oh, now he’s just being a jackass.

“Really, John? Are you really sitting here and accusing me of sleeping with my boss?”

“Well, that’s one way to assure another album with him.” The contempt in his voice is making me sick to the stomach.

“Fuck you, John. I really can’t believe that you’re saying this and I’m going to assume that you’re drunk or something and that you have no idea you’re speaking like this.” The tears are welling up and I really don’t want to cry.

Justin grabs my ankles and gives me a look. I shake my head at him and shrug. He reaches over and before I can stop him he’s grabbed the phone. He hangs up and throws it somewhere across the room.

“Are you OK, Jude?” I shake my head again and bite my lip so I don’t break out into tears. “What did he say?” I shake my head again and Justin pushes me a little so he can slide down the couch and lie next to me.

“I’m sorry, I just ruined our good day.” He gives me another look and I try and curl into myself. I’m really, really tired of this happening, especially when Justin is around to see how pathetic I am.

“Did I hear you say something about him accusing you of sleeping with me?” I don’t answer, but I guess for Justin that’s answer enough. “Jesus, Abbey! What are you still doing with that asshole when all he does is find ways to bring you down?”

I’m not sure how to answer that, and I think it’s because I’m not sure I know the answer. I’ve been asking myself if all of this is worth it, but I can’t seem to get a yes or no. I mean, I haven’t seen John in about a month because of all the press and such I had to do before the tour took off, and sometimes I wonder if our issues come from that.

“I don’t know.” I finally manage to answer. Justin wraps his arms tighter around me and instead of bringing comfort it just makes me cry harder.

“Is he still coming out to Memphis next week?” I know that Justin wants me to tell him ‘no’ and I can’t blame him. He’s probably worried that John and I are going to ruin all the fun in his home town by fighting all the time. Hell, he’s probably right.

“Yeah, at least I think so.” I wipe at my face and take a deep breath. I was having such a good day, too. My phone rings again and I try to sit up so I can find it but Justin holds me down.

“Don’t answer it, Abbey. It’s only going to ruin your night even more.” He’s right, so I collapse back down and let out a shaky sigh.

“I’m sorry, Justin.”

“Don’t. Please, I don’t care if you cry all night, just don’t apologize for that asshole.” I throw him a skeptical look.

“You really don’t care if I cry all night?” I know that’s a bunch of bullshit if I’ve ever heard it. Justin hates it when people cry. I’m surprised he hasn’t run to get Rachel yet, but he’s probably hoping that she shows up soon.

“Well, I would rather you enjoy yourself. My point was, I don’t want you to apologize for the dick head.” He lets go of me and sits up, getting off the couch and sitting in front of me on the coffee table. “Will you be OK, Jude?”

“Yeah, Boss man. I think so.” There’s a knock at the door and I’m happy for the distraction. I need something to keep my mind off of John and as much as I appreciate Justin’s help, this situation is better handled by some females. Speaking of, the dancers all crowd into the room and I’m happy to see Rachel. She’s a great listener and she’s been in on all the drama with John, so I’m hoping she’ll have some advice for me.

Most of the female dancers crowd into the room, and Marty and the guys follow in after. It’s a good thing we’ve got some huge ass hotel rooms, because there are a lot of people in here now.

“Let’s party!!” Kenny lets out a yell and the rest of the group cheers. Unfortunately I can’t quite share their enthusiasm.

“Hey Abbey.” Rachel sits down next to me and I can tell by the look on her face that Justin’s already said something to her. He can be such a girl sometimes, I swear he spreads gossip and news faster than all of us girls combined.

“He told you, huh?” She nods and we move to a quieter corner of the room. I’m thankful for the guys presence because no one seems to notice that Rachel and I aren’t partaking in the festivities.

“Are you OK?”

I shrug and then shake my head. “Not really. I just don’t get why he’s being like this. He had never said a hurtful thing to me before…and suddenly all he seems to do is make snide remarks and piss me off.”

“He’s probably upset about you being gone and he doesn’t know how to deal with it.” She attempts, but I snort out a laugh.

“He could tell me he misses me.” I run my hands over my face and let out a breath. I do not want to be dealing with all of this shit right now.

“Justin said John accused you of sleeping with him.” This time I really let out a laugh.

“If it weren’t so ridiculous a suggestion I might be offended by it. I guess what got to me was how he made it sound like I only have this record deal because I’m boning my boss.” The thought makes me shudder a little and Rachel laughs.

“I would just ignore him for a while. He’ll probably realize what an ass he’s been and want to grovel, and he’ll have to wait to do it in Memphis.” The thought of ignoring him sounds like a perfect idea at the moment.

“I don’t want him to come to Memphis if he’s going to ruin it for everyone. I know how much Justin is looking forward to seeing his friends and family and the last thing I want is for John and me to screw it all up by fighting all the time.” Rachel grabs me on the shoulder and makes me look up at her.

“Trust me, Abbey, there are plenty of people on this tour that would kick John’s ass at the first sign of any bitchassness. You shouldn’t worry about it. In fact, I think we should stop this conversation right now and join everyone.”

“That’s the best idea I’ve heard all night.” We make our way back over to the rest of the group and I remember the great news I had to share. “Oh, hey! I forgot to tell you.”

It gets quiet at my announcement and I grin when they’re all looking at me.

“I kicked Justin’s ass three times at Guitar Hero today.” A pillow flies in my direction and the room erupts into cheers and jeers directed at my boss. He looks pretty miffed and I can’t help the triumphant smile that crosses my face. Yup, just made my night better.

“Who want’s to play a drinking game?” I grab a DVD from my bag and jump onto the couch between Marty and Justin.

“What kind of drinking game?” Marcy asks from the floor, but I can see her digging out a bottle of tequila. Other bottles of liquor are finding their way into hands and I know that this is going to be one hell of a night.

“Boondock Saints drinking game. Every time a character says ‘fuck’ you take a shot. We each pick characters and we all get trashed.”

Judging by the excited yelps that come from around me everyone is up for my idea. I toss Kenny the DVD and settle back into the cushions. Let the games begin and fuck John Woods.

Oops. Shot for me.
Chapter End Notes:
thanks to everyone that's reading and reviewing. I can't tell you how much it means and how cool it is to see people liking my stuff :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers tourj