Author's Chapter Notes:
“Better out of my way then out of my league.”

Reaching the outside Walker slammed the front door of the building just as he had the apartment’s. Looking up and down the street a moment, he clenched his jaw. Fuck it was cold and he was pissed, anyone could tell this by the look on his face. He’d had a long enough day at work without Justin being a pain in his ass the moment he walked in the door.

Pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket he hit them against his hand before unwrapping the packaging and removing one. Placing it between his lips, he felt a few raindrops and looked towards the sky. “Oh, of course.” He mumbled before lighting the cigarette.

Taking a deep drag, he headed out.

~

At this point the streets were packed. It was Saturday night and everyone seemed to be out. Coming up to the club doors he passed the line of people waiting outside and headed right in offering a nod to the guy checking the I.D.s

“Walker.” The guy greeted.

The male looked around inside, the music was just getting started and a there were few people already on the dance floor. Scanning the room, he made a few guesses on who he should approach to night and whom he shouldn’t.

Within second, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning he saw Logan. “A bit out of your way aren’t you?” The man said with pure hate in his voice. Walker just smiled the two were rivals.

“Better out of my way then out of my league.” He spat back. Logan was an ass; of course, Walker was also an ass. They both had connections and they both had big mouths. Sometimes one would have to wonder why they didn’t get along. Countless times Logan had offered a partnership but Walker worked alone. He wasn’t the kind who needed or wanted anyone else in his business or in his life. There was Justin but that was special circumstances.

“Hurt yourself with that one?” Logan asked. Walker just ignored him and headed for the bar.

The other wasn’t done just yet however. Offering a nod to the two men that were with him, he followed Walker. He had something more he wanted to say.

Sitting down just next to the other male Logan order a drink. Walker just rolled his eyes, he was clear annoyed with the fact that Logan had attacked himself to his hip but he said nothing. He was just not in the fucking mood.

“I hear you’re having some problems.” He stated in a matter of fact tone. “Word on the street is that Marcus isn’t too happy with you.” Again, Walker just ignored him. Sighing some, a smile formed on his lips and he nodded. “You should have known that deal was a sour one, but I can help you out.”

“Go fuck off.” Was the only answer he got. The word on the street was right. Walker was in some trouble. Marcus was the man they all got their shit from and Walker owed him. He owed him big time. He wouldn’t lower himself to being his partner and he sure, the hell wasn’t going far enough to be his lackey.

“Course with a mouth like that, I’m sure he’ll put you to some use.” That was it, as the words left his lips Walker’s fist made contact with Logan’s jaw.

This had been just what Logan had been looking for, he wanted a reaction and everyone knew that Walker was a hot head. He was thrown out of more clubs in one night then most people hit in a week.

It took maybe a minute for the bouncers to break up the fight. One of the large men grabbed Walker by the back of his shirt and begun pulling him towards the door. “You’re out of here.” He said simply before throwing him through the open door and back out into the street.

Wiping the blood from his lip Logan just smiled. “See.” He called after him over the music. “That’s your problem boy you put pleasure before business.” Yeah, he would be doing some great business tonight now that Walker was out of the way.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story