Author's Chapter Notes:

This is where you'll find that happy disclaimer, a few notes and the credits for songs and themes.

Disclaimer

I'm not affiliated in any way, shape or form with the public figures I may have a whim to write about. Don't know 'em, have no dealings with 'em at all. Other characters and story elements are simply figments of my twisted imagination and wild creativity. Any resemblance, likeness or similarity is completely unintentional. Any borrowed elements (song lyrics, themes, etc.) are given their proper credit.


Story Notes

Feedback is a greatly appreciated thing. Let me know if I'm wasting my time, if you want to see it go on or if you have constructive criticism that I might put to use. I'm pretty much an open book, so if you've got something to say, lay it on me.

stories/363/images/Jen_400x300.jpg

This is Jen.  I do not own this photo, and I have no idea who this beautiful girl is (I believe I saw the name Kelley Thompson somewhere in the tags, but who knows), but I saw her during a Google search and my brain just screamed "That's her!"  So, everybody please meet Jen.

 

Credits

 

Story Title and Description Song credit: Come Down to Me by Saving Jane

 

Chapter Two

Movie reference is to Teen Wolf - one of the absolute best cinematic offerings in my lifetime. *laughs* Love that movie. The nickname Boof is introduced in this chapter and will be used frequently throughout the duration of the story.


Chapter Three

Song credit is to Michael Jackson's Black or White, of course. And yes, I tend to dance just like this in my own kitchen, in my socks and at top volume. *grin* Just imagine a fat girl doing the moonwalk across linoleum . . . yeah, makes me giggle, too.


Chapter Five

I think this one's kind of obvious, but the lyrics at the end of this chapter belong to When I See You Smile by Bad English. I know it's corny and absolutely full of cheesiness, but isn't that what those old prom songs are supposed to be? *laughs* JC seems to approve, since he throws back to it in Chapter Six as well.


Chapter Seven

First of all, obvious song credits go to Richard Marx's Now and Forever. Awesome song and I personally think JC did an awesome job with it back in the day.

Secondly, I too have read FictionLyn's It's Only Me. There are elements contained in this chapter that also appear in some capacity in IOM, only I believe I've used them in different contexts. The bracelet scene is kind of similar and there is a section with a few references to Disney characters that appears in a similar fashion. After some consideration on my use of those elements - the situations are different, Lyn used colored beads rather than charms/Robin Hood instead of John Smith, different characters/settings/dialogue/etc. are involved, etc. - I believe that these elements appear in a different light here. If she'd like credit for these ideas, then I'm more than happy to give Lyn that honor.

Lastly -- I'm obviously not using a timeline to arrange the layout of my little story here. Dates are more than likely not going to match up and I don't really plan on stressing over getting them exactly right, either. I'm already putting some extensive research into other portions of the story line and having it match exactly with true to life events is a little bit beyond me. *laughs*


Chapter Eight

Several song credits and references: Here and Now by *NSYNC, Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrinBrown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison and Foolish Games by Jewel

Also, in case you’re interested, when I refer to Jen’s singing, I imagine her to sound like Tori Kelly. Look up her performance of Soul’s Anthem (It Is Well) on YouTube and I think you’ll understand why.

 

Chapter Nine

In case you're interested, the instrumentals that Jen submits to Alex are Homeward Bound by William Joseph and I've Always Thought of You by Tommy Emmanuel

Violet Beauregarde: The gum-chewer from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Other song credits:  You're Still the One by Shania Twain and Champagne High by Sister Hazel

 

Chapter Ten

Song credits:  One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men and Commitment by LeAnn Rimes

 

Chapter Eleven

Song reference:  Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer

 

Chapter Twelve

Song references/credits: Sailing by Christopher Cross, Stand By Me by Ben E. King and One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men

 

Chapters Fourteen & Fifteen

There is a very heavy reference to the musical Les Miserables for the duration of these chapters, with direct lyrical content from the songs I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own and A Little Fall of Rain.

Spoiler Alert!  If - by some outrageously odd coincidence - you haven't seen or heard of this musical, specific plot details are discussed that give away key elements of the storyline.  I was exceptionally happy to give Jen the role of Eponine, as I felt it was perfect for her character.  :-)

 

Chapter Eighteen

Madusa: A little throwback to one of the ladies of nineties wrestling.

 

Chapter Twenty

Lots of song titles through this one, but the only lyrics included are from God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You by *NSYNC

 

Chapter Twenty Two

Movie reference is to While You Were Sleeping - one of my absolute favorite Sandra Bullock flicks.  And yeah, I might have had my own little crush on Jack back in the day, too.  *laughs*

Song reference: If Not With You, For You by Chris Klafford

 

Chapter Twenty Four

Song reference: If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul

(Totally not a song that would get air play today - definitely not PC - but I have very fond memories of bopping to it as it blared from my Dumb Ditties eight track in the eighties. And it's definitely on my Apple playlist. *laughs*)

 

Chapter Twenty Five

Song references/credits: God Must Have Spent by *NSYNC, Iris by Goo Goo Dolls and Uninvited by Alanis Morrisette

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers mmcera debutsync presync jc justin joey chris college lance eurosync