The One Nighter by BrandyRae
Part II:  Chapter 25
 

By ten a.m. Cassidy felt like half the day was gone. Tired didn’t even begin to explain it considering they’d been up since six and surrounded by people since seven.

Now Justin… Justin was “on” more than she’d ever seen him. It was really fun to watch. She was enamored by him, completely captivated. Sort of like the millions of girls who “loved” him so much. It was so easy to be reminded why he was as popular as he was. He had “it” more than anyone else out there.

Watching him work the interviews was like watching Michael Jordan play basketball—pure skill. He was charming, articulate, funny and completely irresistible.  And the journalists ate him right up. Not to mention the fact that he was amazingly handsome. Finally shaving, along with the haircut his barber had given him that morning, he was 100 percent groomed. She’d even watched him get his eyebrows trimmed.

Cassidy thought she’d been head over heels for him before, in a mere four hours time her feelings had tripled. When break time finally came, she was ecstatic to actually have a minute to talk to him. Of course, what she really wanted to do to him was impossible at the moment!

Quickly she followed him into the adjoining room, where a full spread of food and drinks were set up, all specifically to Justin’s liking. He grabbed a bottle of Fuji water, raising his eyebrows at her suggestively before taking a drink. Her stomach took an automatic dip, but she had no time to react. Jeff, the publicist, was on both their heels. “So far, so good,” he voiced.

Justin nodded, his eyes lingering just a second longer on Cassidy before focusing on Jeff, and the two other team members behind him. Jeff turned to look at the others and they automatically dispersed.

“Real quick,” the man continued, eyeing not just Justin, but Cassidy too. “Matt and T are on their way down with Cody, then I’ll let you all have a minute to yourself, but first—” He didn’t even stop to take a breath during all that— “NBC is offering a rather nice spot on prime time for a family interview with Matt Lauer. They’d show pieces on the Today show, of course, you know the format…” He was nodding his head as he spoke, as if he was subliminally asking for a yes on the whole thing. Jeff was a fairly young guy, late 30s, an obvious “go-getter”, dark blond hair, average build, probably 5’ 10” ish, and probably an L.A. County resident his entire life, if Cassidy had to guess. She knew for a fact he was fairly new to Justin’s team, but Justin had nothing but praise for the guy.

Justin tipped his head, obviously stewing over the thought. His eyes were on Cassidy, waiting, and as she glanced at Jeff, she realized he was doing the same. “What?” she finally asked.

“He’s bringing this to both of us, not just me,” Justin clarified. Then he took the last drink of his water and tossed the empty in the trash beside the long buffet table they were standing in front of.

“We’ll clear out of here so you can discuss, but I need to let them know as soon as possible, either way.”

Ten seconds later they were completely alone. Unfortunately the desire she’d had to tackle him moments earlier had been overturned by their recent proposition.

“It’s up to you,” she told him.

Already he was shaking his head. Stepping close, he wrapped both arms around her waist and nuzzled his face close to hers, placing a tender kiss just below her ear. “No,” he said softly, “it’s not. I don’t want to make this decision for us. I want us to make the decision for us.”

“I think I’m open to it.”

“You think?” he asked, his arms still curled around her, but his head tilted back enough to look her in the eye.

“I think I would probably need a few more details before agreeing to it, but as long as it’s on our terms, I think maybe it might help things a little. Maybe if we do it, they’ll stop bugging us so much.”

He planted a sweet kiss to the top of her cheek. “Baby, I hate to tell you, in theory that idea sounds good, but in reality, it probably won’t happen.”

She gave a slight nod in understanding and decided it was time for a quick change in subject before their son popped through the door. “We’ll figure it out,” she said, pressing her lips to his just briefly. “I did have something I wanted to tell you at break time…” she said with a sly smile.

“What is it?” he asked, “Did you forget?”

Shaking her head no, she smiled wide, enjoying the warmth of his body so close, as she rested both arms over his shoulders, her hands locked behind his head. “I wanted to tell you how much I’m enjoying watching you work.”

His expression told her that he was pleasantly surprised. “Oh.”

“Yeah, it’s kind of a turn on.”

“Really?” He sounded it out, his head tilting just slightly.

She nodded; a tight grin across her lips. “It’s kind of like watching a pro play basketball.”

Justin laughed out loud at that, and then planted the wettest kiss to her lips. “I love you so much,” he told her, both hands braced lightly at her jaw. “I think that’s the best compliment you’ve given me yet.”

She brushed her lips over his lightly and whispered, “Better than when I tell you how perfect your dick is?”

He was smiling wide when he kissed her again, but he still managed to answer with “just barely.”

Unfortunately, that’s when they heard the “eh hem” from behind. They immediately broke away from each other, Cassidy knowing she had to be a little flushed after all that. She grabbed a Diet Pepsi and smiled as Cody, Lynn, Matt and T were all just a couple of steps away. It had been T who’d given the verbal warning. Cassidy just hoped they hadn’t been close enough to hear what she’d just said. That might be a little embarrassing, especially if Justin’s mom had heard. Maybe she needed to keep her blunt comments in the bedroom!

“Hi mommy,” Cody smiled at her, his eyes already focused on the cookies on the table.

“You can have one,” Cassidy told him automatically.

Justin was already explaining the offer that Jeff had brought them a few minutes before. T took stance beside her and Cassidy eyed him conspicuously. For some reason, she just knew he’d heard her and she had to ask. But before she even opened her mouth, he was already nodding. “Your whispers aren’t very whispery,” he said.

She was instantly mortified, no doubt as white as a sheet.

“But I do have ears of radar,” the man continued. “I’m sure I’m the only one that heard.”

Cassidy swallowed and looked away, making a mental note to try and keep her mouth shut in public, or even semi public.

“And just so you know, I think I might have nightmares after hearing that,” he teased.

Finally grinning, she smacked his hefty arm. Of course, it was the equivalent of a piece of paper hitting a rock. He chuckled deeply and moved away from her, to the table of food. The action had caught Justin’s attention, as he eyed her curiously. She shook her head to ward of his questions and he responded with a slight nod, continuing with his conversation. She took stance beside him, half watching Cody as he was eyeballing the rest of the cookies.

“Cody is getting kind of bored up in the room,” Lynn remarked. “Can I take him out? How does he do at the movies?”

For some reason Cassidy found she was looking at T again. “He does fine, but is it safe? You think?”

T nodded; his mouth full of pastry. Swallowing, he said, “We can make it happen. No problem.”

“I think that’s a great idea,” Justin added.

“Okay. Well, its fine with me,” Cassidy said.

“Do you want me to go with them, or should I stay here?” Matt asked, looking at Justin for an answer.

“I think they’ll be fine. I have some stuff I need you to do,” Justin answered. Then he turned his attention to Cassidy, “Babe, do you need to see them off? Help get his stuff ready?”

If she wasn’t mistaken, Justin was trying to get rid of her. She looked at him kind of funny. “Yeah, I guess.”

At that, he kneeled down and called out to Cody. “Come give Daddy a big hug before you go.” Cody did just that, Justin squeezing their little boy tight. “Have fun, okay? I love you.”

“I love you too, Daddy.” Every time Cassidy heard it, she just wanted to melt. Hearing them exchange ‘I Love Yous’ was the best thing she’d ever heard in her life.



Justin made sure they were all out the door before he turned back to Matt. “I want to do something special for Cassidy and I need your help.” He looked down at his watch. Break was over in 5 minutes. Matt pulled out the Blackberry Justin had issued to him.

“Okay, I’m ready.”

Justin began listing the items he needed Matt to complete, while Matt compiled a digital task list. “If you could have all that information for me by the time I’m done here, I’d appreciate it.”

“No problem, boss,” Matt remarked.

Justin grinned with appreciation. It was nice having an assistant again. “Great.”

Jeff walked back in. “Justin, they’re ready for you.”

Justin nodded. “I’m coming right now.”

He gave Matt a pat on the shoulder as he walked past. “Thanks,” he said. “Tell Cassidy to come in when she gets back.”

Matt nodded in understanding and Justin went back to work.

For the next three hours he worked his magic, dodging questions about his personal life and trying to keep the focus on a movie he wasn’t even that excited to promote. But that was life… his life, anyway. Luckily all interviewers had been given strict instructions not to mention Macie. It was a tough call to make considering she was in the movie, but the producers agreed it was okay. Honestly, they all knew the numbers for this movie would be huge because of the recent controversy. They weren’t pushing the issue too much.

Justin hated it when his personal life dominated the outcome of one of his projects… sort of. It was nice to know that something was going to do well from a financial stand point, but as far as his work is concerned, he’d much rather get the kudos for a good performance.

Either way, he wasn’t complaining. As long as he could finish the day without seeing Macie he’d be happy. Supposedly she was just down the hall, which wasn’t exactly how he’d requested it, but so far they hadn’t had any run-ins so it had turned out okay.

“So, in the movie you play a recovering drug addict, how did you research that?” Travis O’Connell, correspondent for E! Entertainment channel was sitting across from him. He could just barely see Cassidy from the corner of his eye, sitting all pretty and quiet. He couldn’t let the feeling she gave him show, though, because he was on camera and if it was obvious they’d definitely play off it. Been there, done that.

“The producers actually set me up at some local N.A. meetings,” Justin answered, “It was interesting.” It wasn’t really, but he had to make it sound good. Really, he’d gone off his own personal experiences more than anything. Who didn’t know someone in recovery? He knew several.

“Critics are saying this is one of your best performances yet.”

“Are they?” He’d heard that all day, too. He nodded his head and tried to look humble. “I won’t complain about that!”

Travis O’Connell said a few short words and wrapped it up. It ended and he reached across and shook the man’s hand. Next thing Justin knew, Travis was motioning towards Cassidy. “She’s a real spitfire,” he said. “We had some classes together at UCLA.”

Justin wasn’t sure how to take that. A spitfire? He watched as Travis walked over to his girlfriend, said hello, shook her hand and started up a conversation. He was halfway out of his seat to join in, but the next interviewer was already taking seat in front of him. Dammit. Why was a streak of jealousy shooting up his spine all the sudden? He watched as Travis finally left the room, Justin’s eyes roaming back to Cassidy. She shrugged and shook her head.

Justin knew there was no reason to feel jealous about what had just happened, but the instant reminder that she’d had a past before him—other than her jerk of an ex-husband—was not sitting well with him at all. While he did his best at rushing through the last two interviews, he really just wanted to get her alone and remind her why he was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

When that time finally came, Matt practically bum-rushed him, no doubt wanting to give him all the information he’d asked for before Cassidy was in earshot. His eyes slid over her, she was talking with one of the camera men, and even that was making him feel jealous all the sudden.

“Everything is all set,” Matt said quietly, “for tonight and for the weekend. I emailed you the itinerary.”

“I guess I need to start carrying a Blackberry too.”

“I could have printed it out for you. I was trying to be discreet.”

“No, that’s fine.” Justin was quick to correct. He hadn’t meant the comment in a negative way. He was more thinking to himself. “I’ll check it up in the room. Flight details are set and everything?”

“Yes, and your mom and Cassidy’s parents are going to share time watching Cody.”

He looked at her again, to make sure she wasn’t listening. “Do you think she’ll be mad I did this without asking?”

Matt shrugged. “Nah, what woman doesn’t want to be whisked away on some romantic getaway?”

“That’s what I was thinking,” Justin smirked. Dre and Cassidy were both just a couple of steps away. He wanted to ask her about Travis, but he couldn’t. He needed to wait until they were alone. He wasn’t going to be that guy. Not with her.
 

It was 3:30 PM when they finally made it to the peace and quiet of their hotel suite. Cassidy was beat-tired. She could only imagine how Justin felt. It had been a long day and it wasn’t even over. She just wanted to lie down and take a nap.

“I’m going to take a quick shower, wash all this crap off me,” Justin told her.

She nodded in understanding, knowing he was referring to the light bit of make-up he’d had on. “Don’t be upset if I’m asleep when you come out,” she said with a grin.

“Oh, don’t worry, I know how to wake you up,” he smirked.

Plopping down on the bed, she flashed a grin before he disappeared in the bathroom. Part of her wanted to hop in with him, but the other part needed a few minutes to just not move. Slipping off the Christian Louboutin heels she’d been wearing all day, she let out a deep breath and relaxed her head against the pillows. The bed was neatly made. The room was clean. Suddenly, she was wondering how her son was doing out with Lynn. She hadn’t heard from them since they’d left. She figured no news was good news.

Closing her eyes, she pictured Justin in the shower, naked, and smiled. Then she thought of how pleasing it had been to watch him all day. If only she had enough energy to join him. For now the visual in her brain would have to do. She just couldn’t seem to motivate herself to get off the bed. Next thing she knew her eyes were too heavy to keep open any longer. She dozed off, a smile on her lips.



It was the weight of his fit frame that woke her. He’d positioned himself directly on top of her, smelling absolutely wonderful, clean and fresh. She grinned, taking in a deep breath, her eyes still closed.

“Did you have a nice little catnap?” Justin asked, sexiness just oozing from his vocal chords without any effort on his part, she was sure.

She finally let her eyes pop open and hummed. “You smell good,” she smiled.

“That’s ‘cause I just got out of the shower.”

“Makes me just want to eat you right up.” Her hand rose to his head, smoothing over his hardly damp hair.

Now he was smiling too. “I have to ask you something before you distract me anymore with sex,” he said.

With a chuckle, Cassidy told him, “okay.”

“Did you go out with Travis O’Connell?”

She couldn’t help but look at him funny. “Does he look like my type?” she asked in response, arching the left side of her brow for effect.

“If I had to guess I’d probably say that I wasn’t your type either, but here we are, aren’t we?”

His tone was a bit serious so she decided it may not be a good time to toy with him, even though she really wanted to. “I did not go out with Travis O’Connell.”

Justin just looked at her, like there was more on his mind, but he didn’t want to ask.

“I didn’t sleep with him, either, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

Justin still didn’t say anything.

“Were you jealous? Thinking maybe I did?” She was grinning again, even though it probably wasn’t all that appropriate at the moment.

“He called you a spitfire,” he finally told her, straight faced.

“Really? Okay, I did go out with a friend of his.”

“Ah ha! The truth comes out.”

“Justin, I did have a life before we met.”

“I know,” he said softly. “I just wasn’t ready to be reminded of it.” Finally he let a grin form at his lips. “It’s not that difficult thinking about you married to the jerk, but when I think of you with other guys, and in the way we discussed them when we first met, it’s kind of hard for me.”

Cassidy smiled. “Tell me your number and I’ll tell you mine.”

“Oh, hell no,” he laughed, kissing her before she could say anything. Her body wanted to indulge in every ounce of him, but her mind was still reeling.

“Afraid I might run away if I knew?”

“No, I’m afraid yours might be bigger than mine,” he smarted off with a smirk.

Her brow immediately furrowed into displeasure. “That was kind of a not nice thing to say, don’t you think?”

His features fell immediately blank. “I swear I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Just because I’m open and honest when it comes to sex, does not mean that I’ve slept with the entire male population.” She was mad. She couldn’t help it. She was scooting away from him, feeling more hurt by the second.

His look of panic was completely deserved. He should have never said what he’d said. “Babe, I swear that’s not what I meant. I just…”

“No, obviously, you did. I can count my number on my fingers. Can you? I bet you can’t even count yours on your fingers and toes. Probably not even on your fingers and toes and my fingers and toes!”

Crawling towards her on his knees, he was shaking his head, obviously confused as to how he’d gotten them to such a place. Luckily for him, her back was already against the headboard and she couldn’t scoot any farther away from him. “Stop for a minute,” he told her. “Cassie, I’m sorry. Okay? I do not think of you like that. I love how open and honest you are about everything, not just sex, and I do not think you’ve slept with the entire male population. And you’re right, I probably couldn’t count my number on both of our fingers and toes put together. I’m not really sure, to be honest with you, but…” Realization clouded his eyes and he smirked. “I just told you way more than I wanted to.”

She was grinning, wide. Before saying anything else, she planted a kiss on his lips with a smack. “That’s okay. It’s probably more like all my fingers and maybe a couple toes.”

Justin covered his ears. “I don’t want to know,” he said with a grin. Then he repeated it in a whisper, “I don’t want to know.”

“Justin,” she pulled his hands down and told him very stoutly, “I love you.”

He grinned, sort of shyly, “I love you too.”

“I don’t care how many women you’ve slept with before me as long as you don’t plan on sleeping with anymore now that you’re with me.”

“Me too,” he said.

“We cannot freak out every time we run into an ex, or a friend of an ex, whatever. We just can’t. Especially me, because I’m sure it’ll happen to me more than it’ll happen to you.”

His head tilted with faux annoyance. “Thanks.”

“Hello, you just said it’s more than 40 at least. I mean, thankfully we’re not talking Gene Simmons territory or anything… are we?”

“No! Hell no!”

Cassidy chuckled. “When is your mom coming back with Cody?” she asked.

He looked at the clock. “Any time.”

“Damn. I really have this urge I need to satisfy.”

His grin turned into something sexy and wicked. “Don’t worry. We’ll have plenty of time for that this weekend.”

“Really?”

“Yep. There’s something we need to discuss.”

“What’s that?”

“Which bikinis you want to pack for Mexico.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes. I’m taking you on a romantic getaway.”

“And who is watching our son?”

“Our parents. Mine part of the time and yours part of the time.”

“You have this planned already?” Cassidy was feeling quite smitten by his spontaneity. To be honest, no one had ever gone to such an extent for her. EVER.

He nodded. “You’re not mad, are you?”

“Mad? Are you crazy? I’m ecstatic!” She threw her arms around him and squeezed him as tight as she could.

“Oh thank God. I was nervous you’d be upset I planned it without asking first.”

Shaking her head no, she kissed his barely stubbled cheek. “We need this… bad.”

“I know,” he agreed, his hands running down her back. “That’s why I did it.”

“Oh my gosh. When do we leave and how many nights do we get alone?”

Justin chuckled, obviously amused. “Just three nights. We leave tomorrow.”

She was so giddy, she could hardly contain it. “Don’t even tell me where we’re going,” she said excitedly. “It doesn’t matter! I plan on keeping you in bed the whole time anyway!” And with that she nearly tackled him, pushing him down on the bed and falling on top of him.

Laughing, he curled his arms around her as she attacked his face with kisses. “Man, this is a way better reaction then I ever imagined.”

She stilled then, looking him in the eye. “No ones ever done anything like this for me,” she told him with all seriousness.

“Are you kidding?”

She shook her head no.

“Well, be assured that this is only the beginning, sweetheart. I plan on spoiling you as much as possible, because you deserve it.”
 

© BrandyRae 2008



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj soloj visual