Author's Chapter Notes:
Two chapters in one day! Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Salina spent the entire next day anxious about her date with JC although she wasn’t entirely sure why. She had technically been with him for a few days, but never had the two of them gone out alone together and simply had time to themselves without worrying about crying babies or family members or work.

They were simply going to enjoy each other’s company. So by the time Salina got home from work that evening it was already 6 and she had to rush to get ready for her date.

Her mother helped her choose something to wear and do her hair as she rushed around the house.

Her father and brothers had gone to a local sportsbar with Juan’s new best friend Justin Timberlake to watch a football game and be guys, so she was leaving her daughter in only her mother’s care.

“Ok, how do I look, mi hija?” Salina turned to the little girl sitting on the bed who giggled and clapped her hands. “Good.” She said just as she heard the doorbell ring.

She picked up Vanessa and her purse and headed to the living room wear JC was laughing with her mom. When she entered he immediately turned to her and grinned.

“There’s my two favorite girls!” He said lifting Vanessa from Salina’s arms and giving her a kiss before turning to Salina. “You look beautiful, hun.” He said as she took in her knee length spaghetti-strap plain black dress.

“So do you.” She replied as she kissed him and took the rose that he held out to her. Her mother took that moment to interrupt.

“Ok, so let me have these.” She said taking Vanessa from JC and the rose from Salina. “I’ll put this in a vase so that you two can get going.”

Salina nodded as she kissed Vanessa’s cheek. “Bye-bye, baby. Mommy will see you tomorrow when you wake up. I love you.” She said as JC got her coat off of the coat hangar and helped her into it. JC said goodbye to Salina’s mother and daughter and with one last look at her daughter Salina walked out the door with JC following behind her. Once they were settled in the car and on the rode, Salina broke their silence.

“So where’re we going?”

”It’s a seafood restaurant on the pier. It’s called Bonefish Grill.”

”The pier? How far is that from here?”

”About 45 minutes. We’re having a late dinner.”

”Oh I see.” Salina said smiling. “What time is your flight on Friday?”

“11, I think.”

“You think?”

“Don’t worry. I have the confirmation sheet at home. I wont miss my flight, Miss Publicist.”

“I wasn’t going to say that.”

“Yes, you were.” He said turning to smile at her quickly. “And while we’re on that subject, no shoptalk tonight, okay? It’s just us.”

Salina agreed while grinning at him like a fool.
They pulled up to the restaurant about 30 minutes later and JC helped Salina out of the car before giving the valet his keys. He took her hand and led her into the building. The waiter seated them in a back corner immediately upon hearing JC’s name although there was a long line of people waiting for tables.

“Did you have a reservation?” Salina asked after they had sat down and were handed menus.

He shook his head. “No.”

She smirked at him. “Is that one of the perks of being JC Chasez, you get immediate seating.”

He grinned evilly. “Actually, I told him I was with Salina Cortez and he seated us immediately.”

She rolled her eyes while smiling. “Yeah, right.”

Just then their waitress walked up and blushed cutely as she noticed that she would be waiting on a popstar all night. “Hi, my name’s Marcy I’ll be your server tonight. Would you like anything to drink or an appetizer to start you off tonight?”

JC grinned at her, causing her to blush even more. “Could you bring us a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc please and do you want an appetizer baby?”

“Uh…let’s try the Coconut Crispy Shrimp.”

“Ok, I’ll be right back.” Jen said quickly and JC grinned at her again as she hurriedly left the table.

“That wasn’t nice, Joshua.” Salina chided her boyfriend.

“What?” He asked innocently.

“You were making that girl uncomfortable on purpose.”

“It’s fun!”

Salina shook her head at him, but let it go. “So, do you bring all your girls here?”

”Actually, I’ve never been here before. My friend Carlos told me about this place, so there.” He said as if he had put her in her place.

“The guy who is helping to manage you for your album.”

“Yeah, Johnny’s kinda busy with Justin and some of his other acts so I just asked Carlos to manage me.”

“Sounds good. When do I get to hear the album?”

”You haven’t heard it yet?” Salina shook her head. “Well. I’ll have to get you a copy of it. Hey, you’re tricky you turned the conversation to work!”

She laughed. “I didn’t mean to I promise.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Did you decide what you want?”

“Yeah, I’m gonna get the Grouper Piccata with mashed potatoes. What about you?”

“I am going to get the…Pistachio Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout with Angel Hair Marinara.”

Salina nodded as Jen walked back to them looking slightly more confident. She poured the two of them glasses of wine and set the bottle on the table for them before speaking more calmly. “Are you two ready to order?”

The two of the placed their order with the young server who promised to bring out their appetizer soon before going back to their conversation.

“So how did Vanessa like Day Care?”

”Oh, she didn’t cry or anything when I dropped her off. She went straight toward the little doll house and never looked back at me.”

“I’m sure she missed you, baby.” Salina nodded. “When is she going back?”

“I’m gonna take her tomorrow so my family can go sight-seeing without the burden of a baby on their hands.”

“Are you going to go with them?”

She shook at her head. “I’ve gotta work.” She said as Jen brought their appetizer and they both began to dig in.

“Take the day off.” She gave him a look that clearly said ‘yeah right’. “I’m your boss and I’m telling you to take the day off.”

“See, now when you say it like that, it makes me feel like Monica Lewinsky or something. I’m dating my boss…yuck!”

“That’s what you told your family.”

“For lack of a better way to explain it. But technically you’re not my boss cause you cant fire me and you don’t pay me. I’m your boss cause I tell you what to do, so there.” She said mocking the phrase he had used earlier.

JC laughed at her while still eating. “Whatever you say, boss lady.”

“How long are you gonna be in New York?” She asked him as he reached for her hand.

“I don’t know. A few days. I’m gonna do my Christmas shopping while I’m there. By the way, what should I get Nessa?”

”I don’t know, but don’t you dare buy a whole bunch of things to spoil her.” She said sternly.

“But I want to spoil her. My sister is too old to spoil and everyone spoils Brianna, Nessa’s all mine!” He said excitedly.

“She doesn’t need to be spoiled.” Salina responded as their food was set in front of them.

They ate quietly for a few minutes before JC spoke again. “You know, if you’re worried that I’ll spoil her and not you, you don’t need to. I’ll spoil you too baby.” He said bringing her hand to his lips and kissing it with a gleam in his eyes.

“Neither one of us need to be spoiled, hun.” She said before offering him a bite of her fish which he accepted.

“It’s good.” He said before giving her a bite of his.

The couple spent the rest of the evening feeding each other dinner and then sharing a piece of cake for dessert before heading back to JC’s house considering it was only about 9:30. Once they got to JC’s, he let her borrow a pair of sweats and a shirt to change into so they could watch a movie comfortably. Salina lifted the shirt to her nose and smiled at the smell of JC just as he knocked on his bedroom door. He walked towards her with a few dvds in his hands. “Let’s watch it in here.” He suggested. She gave him a skeptical glance. “Come on, nothing’s gonna happen it’s just more comfortable in here than on the couch.”

“Okay.” Salina agreed as she plopped down on his bed. “What are we watching?”

“Bad Boys II. Have you seen it?” Salina shook her head. “Me neither, but Justin said it was good. He went to the premiere.” He said as he put the dvd into the player then grabbed for the remote.

“I bet it was good there.” JC chuckled as he joined her on the bed. It took them a minute to get comfortable but eventually they settled in. JC leaning against the headboard with pillows behind him and Salina lying next to him with her head on his chest. JC started the movie and turned the light off and the two of them watched the film together laughing and making comments and having the occasional quick make out session.

Salina rolled on top of JC as the credits rolled and hit the mute button on the remote. She gazed at her boyfriend. His beautiful blue eyes reflected by the light of the television. She leaned forward again to kiss him and he wrapped his arms around her. When she pulled away she grinned evilly, “You promised me a song the next time we were alone and we’re alone.”

JC groaned. “You remember that?” She nodded enthusiastically.

She gave him her best pout. “Please, baby, I’ve been
very, very good.”

“What if I don’t want you to be good? What if I want you to be bad?” He teased.

“I think I can do that.” She said as she started kissing along his jaw and down his neck.

He moaned as she did and whimpered when she pulled back. “So are you gonna sing or not?”

“What do you want me to sing to you?”

“One of the songs from your album.”

He sighed and sat up. “Ok.” He sat up slightly and sang the lyrics to a beautiful ballad he wrote called Build My World. Salina sat and listened quietly in awe of the raw talent and emotion that seeped from his lips. When he finished she placed her hand on his cheek.

“Aww baby are you lonely?”

He looked into her eyes and said seriously. “Not anymore.” He kissed her then deeply and passionately. A kiss full of meaning for the both of them and they were both very unhappy when she had to pull away to check the time. Knowing what she was thinking JC quickly spoke, “Stay with me. Don’t go home…please.”

“I have to.”

“No, you don’t. I already told your mom that you would just stay at my house.”

”JC!”

“What…come on, your mom doesn’t care.”

Salina sighed. “Fine.” She relented and he grinned at her while crawling under the covers and pulling her with him. He turned off the now blank TV screen and pulled her to him.

“Are you trying to seduce me?” She asked.

“Would it possible to do that?”

She shrugged. “Maybe.” He smiled at her through the dark and leaned down to kiss her sweetly.

Salina wrapped her arms around his neck and he shifted so that he was lying partially on top of her. Salina sighed as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her as close to him as possible as he continued to kiss her.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendjc jc justin hospital tabloids joey chris lance solojc