Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been forever ... but if you're reading, I'm sorry.
Justin

“O?!” Sly yelled running through the house. “Babe? Where are you?” he asked going to the baby’s room. She was no where. Not answering his calls, not answering his texts, not answering him. He couldn’t take it. Babe where are you? He thought to himself. He was worried. No, fuck that he was beyond worried he was bugged the fuck out. Had been every since he heard about what happened. Every since that call from Mike telling him that she had an incident with an unsuspecting enemy.

***
Sly looked at his cell phone as it began to vibrate on the corner of his desk. He looked up from his computer and went reached for it. “Yeah?” he answered not caring who it was. “Aye, boss. It’s Mike. Something happened with your family.” Mikal said in his deep voice. The news made Sly’s ears perk.

“Talk to me.”
“That issue you let slip through your fingers came back to bite you in the ass.”
“Man, I ain’t got time for the cryptic. What’s up with my family.”
“Fred, the Jamaican, cornered O at the market when she was out with Kalib, this afternoon.”
“What!”
“Yeah, according to Jay, the bootleg kid, he say Fred walk up to O, put his hands all over her. Patted up little man and left her shaking in an alley.”
“That mutherfucker! Mikal, find that bastard. He got a meeting with
My nine piece real quick like”

***
And that’s where the call ended. Sly had jumped in his ride, broke every law of the road and got to his home in twenty minutes flat. Now here he was running up and down stairs looking for his people. Then he heard the faint sound of the front door close. He ran down the stairs to the door. “Babe!” he yelled and then came to a stop when he seen Mick at the door hanging up her coat and he purse.

“Mick, where’s O and lil man?”

“Justin, I don’t know. What’s wrong with you?” Mick asked looking at him with concern. Sly instantly caught the look in Mick’s eyes and then gave her his best sincere smile.
“Nothing, ma, I just came home to see them and they’re not here.” He said truthfully. Mick looked at him for a minute longer and then patted him on the cheek. “They’ll turn up somewhere, honey.” She replied then walked around him and up the stairs to her room.
Sly watched her disappear out of sight and then he let out a breath that he hadn’t known that he was holding. Yeah, Mick, that’s what I’m afraid of. He thought and, then, ran out the house to his car.

Olivia

There comes a point in every person’s life when they have to make that decision on whether or not they are going to take control or let the world control them. And I must admit that I, time and time again, had let my world control me. But I was not going to follow that road this time around. I couldn’t. Not for me and not for my baby.

I was confronted today by one of Sly’s ‘friends’. He was a tall man. One of deep chocolate skin and black coal eyes. He wore his head in dreads, framing his face. I had caught sight of him out of the corner of my eye as I was shopping for fruit in the market. He walked quickly to me and stopped just short of a foot from me and Kalib.

“You Sly’s woman.” He stated.

“Do I know?” I asked , bringing Kalib closer to me. I watched him closely as his eyes roamed over my body. “No, but I know your man, and he and I have unfinished biznass.” He spoke in a tongue that I could only guess was Jamaican. “Well, any business that you have with Sly has not a damn thing to do with me.” I replied trying to step around him. He caught my arm and took me to the nearest alley.
“Look, bitch, your days on earth are number and you can thank you man for that. I should off your ass here to prove a point. And then send Sly his son in boxes. But, you, I need you to tell Sly’s punk ass a message.”
“And that is?” I asked with as much attitude that I could muster up at that time. “That I’m coming for his spot and I’m bored enough to start a war.” He answered and rubbed his hand down Kalib’s cheek and then walked away. I waited until he was completely out of sight before I ran me and my baby to the car.

I guess I can only blame this on myself. I knew that this was going to happen one day. It was totally like me to think that I would never be confronted with what it is that Justin really does. I expected women from the past to confront me, dumbass stick up kids to step to me on occasion, but never a full blown death threat. This just got really real to me.

Now normally, I would run home looking for Justin. Cuddle up next to him for hours, holding on to him for dear life. But it wasn’t just me anymore. It hadn’t been just me for five months now, and truthfully nine months before that. I had Kalib and I was not going to let no one hurt my baby as an indirect payback to his hoodlum ass father. No, not going to happen. I was taking control of this situation and I was getting me and my son out of dodge. Fuck the consequences and if what Justin said was true then he would find me and hopefully, if he was smart, then he would stay hidden with us.
Chapter End Notes:
feed me back. :")


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story