Author's Chapter Notes:
:)
I stepped off of the bus and walked across the street to my house at exactly five o’clock and began to walk over so that I could get some sleep. I hadn’t done that lately and I was tired as hell. Sly had been my mind heavily and it wasn’t just because I was going full force with the avoiding him thing that I’m sure he noticed. It was more or less the fact that for the past week I had been waking up at the crack of dawn to spend an hour making friends with my toilet bowl.

Once again I had built up a bubble of innocence and naivety, and this time I was the one that burst it. Two days after my first make out session with the toilet I had wised up and brought an e.p.t. and sure enough after eight sodas and two minutes the blue plus reared it ugly head and had announced to me that I was in fact carrying Sly’s seed. And even though I paid the bill at my house I knew that my mother wasn’t kidding. She was prepared to kick my honey brown ass out at the drop of a hat. So not only was I carrying around a baby, I was carrying around a secret that had to be kept until I could figure out just what the hell to do.

I had made it to the front door and was putting the key in, when I notice that my door wasn’t locked. In fact, it wasn’t even closed. I pushed the slightly ajar door opened and stood right where I was because if I moved from this spot I was going to have a break down. What I saw was starting to get to me more because I took a step into my childhood home and saw nothing. Not the plastic covered couch, the bed spread that dressed the windows or even the pictures of me and Rich that had covered the walls. “Ma!?” I screamed running to the back of the house and noticed that the same thing had happened to the rest of the house. Empty. This whole place was empty and my mother wasn’t no where to be found.

I felt a slight pounding in my skull grow and then as if someone had kicked my legs from under me. I had collapsed on the bare floor beneath me. And then I hear heels on the thin carpet floor in the living room and I make a made dash to see who it was and what I was confronted with was more disconcerting then coming home to a house filled with nothing. There my mother stood in her Sunday’s best and her best wig with the biggest smile that I had ever seen on her regally beautiful face. And I knew that it had everything to due with fact that not even one foot away from her was Sly, leaned against the front door looking like the devil himself. He too was dressed to impress and it looked like he had gotten a fresh shave to go along with his buzzed cut.

“Ma, where is everything?” I asked her stepping closer. She rushed over to me and for the first time in I don’t know how long, she wrapped her long arms around me and hugged me for dear life and I couldn’t help but return the same hug. I had been dying inside and it felt good to have someone just hold me. But as quickly as it happened, it ended. “Baby, I had been watching you closely since that night you came in here, and I wasn’t surprised to see that pregnancy test that was in the garbage. So I went looking for the young man that got in this mess and I was pointed straight to Justin and he was so surprised. He wanted to talk to me about everything and we went out to have lunch and then he went to church with me this morning while the movers came in and took our clothes to his house and took the rest of that junk to junk yard.” She said. See the words were coming out but I didn’t quite understand what she just said.

“His house?” I repeated. “Yeah, baby, his place. He said that he was going to take responsibility for you and the baby and he said that he would be honored to have me come along too.” Mick beamed. I looked at Sly and he was still standing in that same spot just staring at me. “Mick, can Justin and I get a moment?” I asked and before I knew it she had hugged me again and said she would be in the car. Once she was out of the door all the words that I had lost from the moment that I had came home had found their way back to me. “What are you some kind of psycho? You’re brainwashing my mother, going to church with her, moving us to your big ass house on the other side of L.A.? What are you doing?” I asked and to my surprise he starts to chuckle. Then he steps closer to me. “I told you from jump that you were mine. You know that I want you and as much as you would hate to admit it, I got you. Imagine my delight when I found out that you were carrying my seed. I damn near lost my mind.” I took a few steps away from him. “Sly, we can’t move in with you. My mother doesn’t even know the real you. You’re dangerous and I can’t be with someone that has me looking over my shoulder every five minutes. I won’t put my mother or my baby in that situation.”

“The way I see it, O, you ain’t got a choice. Your mom’s glowing knowing that she doesn’t have to stay in this hell hole any more and if you think that for one second I’m going to let you raise my seed in this place. You must be on my product.” He answered. “That’s not funny. Your a lair, probably a murderer and God knows what else. This is serious.” I reply and then with a flash he was standing directly in front of me with his arms wrapped around my body. “You don’t wanna be wit me?” he whispers softly. “That’s not the point.” “Yes it is. Baby, I’m 27 I’m not looking to do this drug shit for much longer and I mean it this time. Here you are carrying a little me and I’m trying to do right by you’ll. Move you out of this bullshit ass hood and into something that I know you gone love. You can quit that busted job and maybe start taking some classes. We got a family now. What you gone still try to run away from me?” He delivered that speech with heart and that is exactly why I had started to build another bubble around not only me but us this time. “You gotta promise that nothing is going to happen to my mother, she can’t find out about the real you. You gotta also swear that nothing is going to happen to us, this family. You gotta swear or I will stay in this empty ass house.” “Baby, I swear. Nothing will ever happen to us and your mom’s will never find out what I really do.” And with that we left the only home I knew and step into a black impala that was going to take us to a new world with a new bubble.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story