Author's Chapter Notes:
this is my first time writting fiction, so i hope you like it..Courtney Xx :)

(Layla)

 

I sit in Tennman Records waiting room wondering how faith brought me here. I mean I’ve always been able to sing since a young age but like so many others before me it was a dream. A thought at the back of your mind, a feeling in the pit of your stomach that you could do just as good or if not better then people that are in the music industry, I mean come on Paris fucking Hilton has a record deal, why not me.

 

 But in all seriousness I started thinking why can’t someone like me that craves music to live, do that? So that’s what brought me hear determination, hard work and a little luck on my side. Well that luck I talk about comes in a little package I like to call Maz, my best friend. See she’s probably one of the biggest reasons why I haven’t ran out the double doors of this place and never look back.  She sneakily sent my demo and some of my performances to the one place she new I would never let her. More like the one man I would never let her. Justin Timberlake.

 

 In about 15 minutes I’m going to be sitting across from him singing my lungs out but at the same time concealing my heart. This guy he does things to me, not only me but women everywhere. I mean I’ve never meet him in my life yet I’m eager for his approval.

And I would be lying if there wasn’t a part of me that would be hurt if he didn’t like me, I mean my music.  This guy I’ve listen to on my ipod, danced to at clubs and dreamt about working with would hold my faith and dreams in his hands. 

 

“Miss Smith” a receptionist woke me out of my daze.

“Yes” I stand. Walking to her desk.

“They’ll see you know” she pointed to the doors in front of me.

“Thank you” I walk towards the doors trying to control the scream ready to release itself at any moment.

 

 As I enter the room I can feel the expectation and tension in the room. I look around the room at the small number of faces. 3 people. There are only 3 people in the room but the one face I’m most intrigued by hasn’t even acknowledged my presence yet.

 

“Miss Smith, just enter your cd in and beginning when your ready” an older man in a suit, with slightly graying hair said to me. “Ok” I say as I walk over to the player. As I enter the cd in, I can here small chitter chatter behind me. I press play and walk back over to the conference table and that’s when I see him. He lifts his head up at the sound of the familiar backing. His sitting there in jeans with a white shirt on and I’m certain that all the lines to the song flew out of my head with just that one glance he gave me with his beautiful blue eyes. 

 

I finally muster up the confidence to sing. Here goes nothing.

  Oh, yes
A kiss in the dark
A certain time I can call you
A letter of love
But no name did you sign
Pretending to all
That we were just friends when I saw you
I didn't know that you wanted me to be
I didn't know that you wanted me for your
(For your) To be


1-Your secret love
Why can't we tell somebody
'Cause secret loves
Never last as long
Your secret love
Will never be your true love
I can't be no secret baby
It's breakin' my heart
(You're breaking my heart)


You should've let me know, from the first time baby
That you were not, were not free to love
How could you wait so long
Oh, what a waste of love, baby
I should known that you wanted me to be
I should known
That you wanted me for your (for your) to be
(repeat 1)

I won't be you secret love
'Cause it's just a waste of my love
I'm tellin' you from the start
I won't be the one who gives you love
When your other guy ain't givin' you none

Don't come now, wait for awhile
Let's meet at the place downtown
It's a shame it has to be like this
But I really miss you baby

  I finally open my eyes and all I can see is Justin smiling at me and I can’t help but smile back at him.  “Wow, that was amazing, girl you can sing” Justin says as he ventures toward me.” Thanks” I reply shyly. He laughs slightly at my shyness. “So we gonna sign this girl already before BMG or Epic do guys”. He says in more of a statement then a question.  “YEAH, yeah man I have the papers right here”. The third nameless man says “Wow, you already had a contract written” I asking complete shock. Justin leans into my ear with a sly smile on his face and whispers hoarsely with his southern accent “we’ll we can’t let a pretty little thing like you, with a voice like that get away know can we?” I look back at him with amusement. Was Justin Timberlake flirting with me..? “No, we can’t have that Mister Timberlake, I just can’t believe it” I reply with just as much flirtation. “It’s Justin and your welcome” he says as he hands me a pen to sign the contract.  Right then signing that contract with Justin by my side, I felt like my reality had stopped and my dreams had taken over. I didn’t know signing that contract would not only change my life, but how singing that song would mirror my future.
Chapter End Notes:
"A Secret Love" By Luther Vandross


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story