Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks 4 the reviews keep them coming guys. i hope you like this chapter , it's gonna get good soon i promise. I hope to get another chapter up asap Xx Courtney
 

Chapter 2

 

(Layla)

 

These past two months have been crazy. All I’ve been doing is writing and laying down tracks in the studio. After our meeting, Justin insisted on me getting right in the studio. So he flew me down to Virginia Beach in a matter of days, to work with the one and only Timbaland. I’d be lying if I wasn’t a little bit disappointed that Justin wasn’t coming, but he had his own career and was doing some promoting for his new album FS/LS in LA. Tim is amazing though and I was surprised that I got along with him so well. Some how we just gelled really well and the music is sounding as hot as hell. I hope Justin likes it. And that brings us to Justin, that’s all I can talk about. When Maz rang me after signing the contract all I could talk about was him and how perfect he was, that I actually forgot to tell her I got signed. The thing is I’m a pretty confident and bold person but when he comes around I get insecure about myself and I go back to being a 15 year old school girl ,that gets tongue tided when she sees the guy she likes.

 

“LALA…”Tim yells at me. Its funny how quickly you get nicknamed around here, I think it took all but 5 minutes for Tim to settle on calling me Lala. I like it though. I wonder what Justin would nickname me….

 

”Sorry Tim I faded out, what’s up?”

 

“Its alright, I just want to get the chorus down before Jay gets here”. Wait up did he just say Jay. “Justin’s coming?”

 

“Yeah” Tim said giving his full attention back to the sound board.

 

“I thought he was in LA for another week”. I can’t believe this. I’m not ready for him to be here yet.

“Yeah, well the interviews for his album took less time then he thought and he said to me he wanted to come down and see how his new star recruit was going” I laughed. He was coming to see me. Sure it was for business purposes, but that couldn’t wipe the smile of my face.

 

“Girl, what are you waiting for? Go hop in the booth and lay down the chorus, he’ll be here in like 15”.he finishes as I open the door  and put my headphones on.

 

“You ready?” he asked. “Yeah, I’m good” I say as the backing comes on.

  I just know
When you put your hands on me
I feel sexy
And my body turns to gold
I just know
When you put your hands on me
I feel ready
And I lose my self-control

   

 

And as if he new I was singing about him the one man that does that to me walks right through the studio door.

 

(Justin)

As I walk through the door with Trace right behind me, her voice fills the room like

smooth honey. Making my way over to Tim she spots me from the booth and smiles at me. Damn that girl turns me on just with her smile. Ever since meeting her at the Tennman offices in LA, I couldn’t get her out of my mind. From her long blond hair to her nice tan legs, Layla had me tripping from the first note she sang.

 

“LALA….that sounded great. I just want you to repeat the third verse and then start at the top of the chorus again and we should be done beautiful” Tim says as I make my way over to the seat next to him. He and Trace continue to talk, as I observe Layla.

I will have to agree with Tim on one thing, she is beautiful.

  When you put your hands on me..

I won't notice
Or pay you no mind
Boy I couldn't care less
What you do with your time  

As she continually gets lost in the song. My eyes travel over her, while her hands run up and down her body .


Your fingertips on my hips
Just move me like one of a kind

As she sings she starts tapping her hips and just when I think its safe to look she opens her eyes and catches me red handed. Quickly looking away, all I can think of is the way her faced looked when she caught me. She wasn’t angry or embarrassed, no it was more

a look of lust and amusement. Like she had been touching her body deliberately, just

to turn me on.

 

As I turn my head around to look at her again, I’m surprised to see her still looking at me with a cheeky grin on her face. While her eyes never leave mine.


When you put your hands on me
I feel so sexy
And my body turns to gold
I just know
When you put your hands on me
I feel ready
And I lose my self-control
  

I’m woken out of my gaze from Tim’s voice. “Girl, you sound so hot on the chorus, those vocals are burning” he says as Layla enters back into the studio. “Thanks Tim”.  “J, what do you think. Do you like the song?”

 

“Yeah man it’s hot, that defiantly needs to be on the album” I direct to Tim but the whole time looking straight at Layla. “Hey man I’m gonna bounce Trace and I are going to go get something to eat, are we still going to the club in south beach tonight man?”

 

“Of course man, I gotta get my pimp on” Tim says laughingly.

 

“That’s my man” I say as I turn my attention to Layla.” Are you going to join as Layla?” I say as she lifts her head up surprisingly.

 

“Umm sure, is it alright if I bring my friend Maz. She just flew down here from New York to visit me for a couple of weeks and I don’t won’t to leave her at home by herself”

 

I laugh lightly “Of course, the more hot girls around us the better, right boys?”

 

“Yeah” both Trace and Tim say together.

 

“Cool, I’ll see you tonight then Justin”

 

“Bye Layla”

 

As I walked away from Layla I was confused. All I could think about was Layla in the booth looking at me while her hands touched her body. Was she singing that song to me?

Chapter End Notes:
When you put your hands on me By  Christina Aguilera


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story