Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delayed update school has taken over my life:( hope you all enjoy the update Xx Court
(Justin) The next day

As I lay here next to Jessica with the morning sun piercing at the opening of my eyes, all I can think about is her. My head is completely messed up and confused and it’s not because of the massive hangover which is causing me to contemplate canceling everything on today and go back to bed, no its Layla. One minute she’s this shy and innocent girl and the next minute she’s the devil in disguise. Ok, I admit I deserve the treatment I got from her last night. It was an asshole thing to parading Jess in front of her like that, but what was I supposed to do. She had just flown in from London and wanted to spend some time with her man. And I’ll admit I may have used Jess as away of trying to get to Layla. But it worked didn’t it? I mean I found out a lot about her last night. I found out that she’s not the shy little innocent girl that I had taken her for. She’s bold and won’t take shit from anyone, especially me. But the most valuable thing I found out last night was that I’m not the only horny frustrated one out of the both of us. I mean I don’t know what to do. Two months ago I was happy and content with my girlfriend but now all I can think about is her, about the way her lips felt against my skin and her hips swayed rhythmically to the music.

Making my way down to the kitchen, all I can hear is the clanging of pots and pans together. Note to self: never share a house with Trace again.

“Good Morning player would you like some bacon and eggs for breakfast. It’s the best hangover cure you know” Trace said more loudly then usual.

“Trace bring the volume down a bit my fucking head is pounding” I say as I pour a glass of orange juice.

“Yeah, well whose fault is that. You shoulda seen your face when Lalya rocked up. What do they say? Price of a glass of beer $5, Justin’s face when being sprung….PRICELESS” Trace said all too happily. “J, in all honesty man, if you want her so much then just tell her. Don’t play these fucked up games with her, like you did with all the others”.

“Man I don’t like her in that way and I’m not playing any games with her. I can’t help it if she has a little crush on me. What can I say it’s the Timberlake charm” I say not all that convincingly. “Yeah ok whatever man you keep telling yourself that but I saw the way you both looked at each other last night and that my friend was not just her”. Trace said with that ‘I know you better then you think” tone. I hate that he knows me that well. Maybe it was time for a new best friend……

“Trace it’s nothing, just shameless flirting. When did you get all serious on me brother?”

“I got all serious Justin since the last time you did this to a girl. This isn’t any girl you can play around with Justin. Let me remind you she’s an artist on your label. Not some random fuck. You have to work with her and see her day in day out. This is a disaster waiting to happen and you know it J”.

“Well you have nothing to worry about man. She knows I have a girlfriend”. I say as I polish of my breakfast.

“Yeah and that’s what I’m worried about most man. That girl feels something for you that I’m not even sure an obstacle of a girlfriend could stop and I think you feel it to”.
What am I supposed to say to that? I know his right. I know there’s something between us but there’s this whole other mess to deal with. It’s not all black and white. In all honesty I don’t know Layla that well to act on my feelings and risk my relationship with Jess. I know she’s gorgeous and spunky and full of fire but I have Jess and my mum raised me to be faithful and truthful, for the most part.

“You know what man your right. She’s an artist on my label. What the hell am I thinking? I have Jess, who I love to death. What would I do with out you man?”
I said but Trace is looking at me weirdly.” Man that’s not what I meant. I just mean you need to serve your own heart because if you don’t that’s the greatest injustice you’ll do to both of these girls” Wow since when did Trace get so deep.

“Trace don’t worry I’ve got it sorted out. I’ve got a girlfriend and I have a newly signed artist two different people. That’s all there is too it”

“So what you going to do about Layla since you’ve have this new found clarity of yours?”

“What do you mean what am I going to do about Layla. Everything’s sorted there’s nothing to talk about. Man we’ve been talking for so long we’re barely going to have any time to take Jess to the airport before heading to the studio”.

“I’m ready to go when you are J. I just mean, you’ve you know, you’ve lead her on to believe there’s something there and now your just going to march on in there and act like nothings happened between you to?” Trace made a good argument. I mean am I going to be able to turn my feelings of that easily.

‘Well I’ll just have to show her that I’m boss and what I say goes” yeah there’s the arrogant Timberlake we all know and love.

“Whatever you say man, we better get going Jess is going to miss her flight” Trace says. As we make our way to the front door. I reach for my girlfriend and link my hand with hers and I can’t help but swallow down the guilt that automatically rushes over me. I was going to have to hurt Layla. I was going to have to make her hate me to the earths end and back because although it’s an injustice not to listen to my heart my greatest fear is to lose the warm touch of the women standing next to me.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Layla) at the studio

Last night was interesting to say the least. Of all the things that could go wrong, they did.
Lets see there was; Catch Justin making out with his girlfriend upon arrival. Check. Feel like a complete and utter idiot for thinking you and Justin could be more then just friends. Check. Get angry and pissed at him for being an egotistical bastard. Check. And last but not least my favorite I got so hot and bothered over the way he makes me feel that I almost took him right there in a club with his girlfriend present at the time. Check,
Check, Check.

The funny thing is after all those things I had Justin eating out of my hands. Who new that last night which had huge potential to be a disaster actually turned out in my favor. I know it’s not that simple. I know he has a girlfriend that is beautiful and talented but his reaction to me last night demonstrated that we have this spark. After our heated confrontation that subsequently ended up with Justin’s hand ever so close to my outer folds, I snap back into reality. I realized we where in a club and that his girlfriend was there. Know matter how much I wanted his wondrous hands to continue my conscience wouldn’t let it. I had this feeling of shame rush over me. I started to think that all I was to
Justin is some girl he can play around with then go home to fuck his girlfriend. If I thought I was confused before not knowing how he feels I was wrong.

Right now I’m at the studio with Tim, Maz and a couple of Tim’s friends waiting for Justin to show up. I’m so nervous I have no clue how to react towards Justin. Do I act like nothings happened and file it under to much alcohol in his system? Or do I run up to him and take him right here and now. Damn my fucking emotions being all over the place.

“Hey L you alright” Maz said bringing my attention back to surface. “Yeah I’m just a bit tired and confused” I said realizing that Maz would be able to read through any lie I told her.

“It’s about him isn’t it?” I nod meekly “what’s wrong girl? Last night you too made progress?” I rolled my eyes in response.

“Yeah if you call progress as us hooking up moments after me finding out he has a girlfriend. Then yeah we made heaps of progress” I answer sarcastically.

“Girl you think way too much. The boy likes you and you know it. You just like to dwell on shit. What we really need to talk about is me and Trace”.

I raise my eyebrow “you and Trace? Was I to caught up in my own business that I missed something?” She nodded

“Yeah something happened between us, while you and mister “I’m bringing sexy back got freaky” she said jokingly as I smacked her arm.

“Whatever tell me everything Bitch” I said with a huge smile plastered across my face. She didn’t get the chance to tell me as my smile was wiped clear of my face when Justin entered with Trace and an unexpected visitor on his arm.

“Hey all the master is in the house” Justin projected as he greeted everyone in the room but me.

“Hi Layla” a soft female voice peered from behind me.

“Hey Jessica. What are you doing her? I thought you had a flight to catch?” I said while trying to hide my disappointment.

“I did but I missed it because Justin and Trace were talking like they where two suburban housewives” she said laughingly. I hated when people laughed at there own jokes, it’s so obnoxious. “So I’m just going to catch a later flight”

“Oh well cool, I hope you don’t get too bored here” I said hopingly.

“Nah I won’t I’m not staying I’m going to catch up with a couple of friends I bumped into at the club last night for lunch” she said while approaching Justin.

“Baby I’m off I’ll talk to you when my flight leaves” she said reaching up for a kiss. Justin caught a glimpse of me and then passionately kissed Jessica. Was that meant as a hint, if it was it worked. They finished there embrace as I walked over to Trace and Maz.

“Ok LALA hop in the booth we have a lot to lay down today” Tim says in anticipation.
Its funny this will be the first time both Tim and Justin will be producing a track with me together. As I walk into the booth I didn’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

“Ok I’m ready Tim” I say through the microphone but the whole time looking at Justin. Something’s off about him. He won’t look directly at me, usually that’s all he can do is stare at me. He looks frustrated, like his thinking about his next move.

“Kay LALA just sing the Chorus for me and well go from there, ok?”

“Ok” I say as Justin finally lifts his eyesight from the ground towards the booth. It’s not one of intrigue or lust that I saw from him yesterday. It was one of anger and his eyes looked so distant like he really doesn’t want to be here. Is it me, have I done something?


Have you ever loved somebody so much
It makes you cry
Have you ever needed something so bad
You can't sleep at night
Have you ever tried to find the words
But they don't come out right
Have you ever, have you ever

I sharply open my eyes when I hear Justin’s voice in the booth. “Layla those vocals where all wrong and your pitch is way off” he say with a harsh tone. I look around the rest of the studio to realize everyone is looking at Justin just the way I am. Like he is completely crazy.

“You’re kidding right, I sound great on that and my pitch isn’t off at all. Are you losing your good ear to old age already Timberlake” I say jokingly. But the look on Justin’s face is far from amused.

“ Layla last time I checked I’m the boss and I sign the pay checks so when I say jump you sat how high, you got it?” is he trying to be an arrogant bastard or is it just me.

“Yeah I got it Justin” I say with attitude.

“Good, glad where on the same page. Now can you just sing the verse for me” he said while sitting backing in his seat.

“Yeah” I said on the verge of tears. I could tell Maz heard my teary voice because she sat up immediately when she heard me.

Have you ever found the one
You've dreamed of all of your life
You'd do just about anything to look into their eyes
Have you finally found the one you've given your heart to
Only to find that one won't give their heart to you
Have you ever closed your eyes and
Dreamed that they were there
And all you can do is wait for the day when they will care

“STOP” Justin screamed into the booth. “Layla what the fuck are you doing? Can’t you hear that your voice is straining” this is about all I can take. His being an asshole deliberately now and everyone in this studio knows it. “Tim why the fuck did we give her this song if she can’t sing it. It’s not even good material lets just try another song”. Is he really saying that about the song I wrote about how I feel about him. Those words were the trigger for the water that had been threatening to spill out of my eyes for the last 20 minutes to cascade down my checks.

“Fuck you Justin” I say as I enter back into the main studio. As he turns around to my outburst I notice everyone’s faces are shocked about what is happening before them.

“Excuse me Layla, watch your fucking tone when you talk to me, this is my studio and you’re my artist so you’ll do whatever the hell I want you to do, ok” he says as he starts to turn his back away from me and as if my mind was a light bulb it finally hit me.

“You’re scared?” I say in a surprised manner through my tears.

“What” he asked in annoyance.

“You’re trying to push me away, you’re scared of the feelings you have towards me. You don’t know how to deal with them so instead of dealing with them you’re trying to hurt and push me away” I say as I walk closer to him. But all he does is laugh.

“You think I like you? In your dreams sweetheart. Why would I want a little girl like you when I have a beautiful woman in Jessica waiting for me at home? Just because you have a crush on me and you wet your little panties every time you see me doesn’t mean the feelings mutual baby” he says with a sly smirk and leans into my ear. “You know you do feel nice wet though, I enjoyed it” he say harshly in front of everyone in the studio.

All I can do is stand here frozen with tears streaming down my face. Justin has single handedly ripped my heart out and humiliated me in front of all these people in her that can’t do anything but stare at the sight before them.

“You know what Justin I thought I wanted this. I thought I wanted to be a recording artist but I’ve just realized that if I have to deal with arrogant assholes like you on a daily basis I’d rather be working with cow shit. Mission accomplished Mr. Timberlake, I’m gone”. I say while running through the doors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Justin)

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck. That wasn’t meant to go that way. Sure I meant to push her away and make her hate me but never did I expect her to walk away from her dream all because of me. Now everyone in this room thinks I’m the biggest insensitive bastard in the world and I think I’d have to agree with them.

“Layla shit, Trace I’m going to go find her I’ll be back” Maz says as she walks towards the studio door. But she doesn’t exit the room.

“you know what Justin right now I think you’re the lowest piece of crap in this world and personally if I was layla I would never speak to you again, but I think you deserve one more thing” she says as she walks closer to me. “You know that song she was just singing that you happened to say wasn’t any good, it was about. Every word in every single line was about you” she says caringly as she taps my shoulder and leaves to find Layla.

“Fuck, Shit Trace what the Fuck just happened? It wasn’t meant to go like that. She was meant to be pissed off not completely walk out of my life” I say as I go to sit down next to him and Tim who are the only ones left in the studio.

“Dude did you hear any of that shit you just said to her. You pretty much said she was nothing. You said she was inferior and only a blip on the raider compared to Jess. You told her that her feelings meant shit all. If you said that shit to me I would of reacted a lot worse then she did. Dude sometimes I wonder where your head is. I mean you have deep feelings for her right?” I can’t even speak all I could do is nod my head.

“Tim man what do you think?”

“I think you completely and no doubtingly royal screwed up. You know what at that club she was crushed when she saw you and Jess together and told me it was stupid for her to
ever think you would like her and I told her she was stupid to think that. I told her you felt the same because man I’ve seen you around her. You’re alive when you’re with her I’ve never seen you like that with anyone else not even Jess” he paused for a moment.

“Why the fuck are you still here go find her but take Trace with you cause Maz might kick your ass if she sees you” he says laughingly


Have you ever felt completely vulnerable like know one can console you.

All I have stuck in my head is ‘Why would I want a little girl like you when I have a beautiful woman in Jessica waiting for me at home’ I mean could he sugar coat it any more. What a complete and utter asshole. Right know I’m in some sort of conference room in the studio complex so no one can find me not even Maz. I love her to death but right know she would be telling me his not worth it and that I can do better and that’s not what I need right now. Because even though he was brutal and mean that doesn’t erase
my feelings for him. I don’t get. It he spoke to me so cruelly but yet his the one I want right next to me to comfort and kiss it all away

As I sit in the dark corner I can her footsteps coming up the corridors. As the door opens and lets light in I sniffle my tears back up. It’s then when I lift my head up to see who’s at the door. His just standing there looking down at me not saying a word.

“What do you want another shout at me again because I don’t think there’s much left that you haven’t already attacked. So if you wouldn’t mine I’d like it you’d leave me alone” I say harshly.

“Layla, I’m sorry” he says as he enters the room and shuts the door behind him.

“Don’t…” I say as a fresh loud of tears appear.

“LaLa come here I’m so sorry” he says as he sits down next to me pulling me into his lap. He gentle starts to wipe away the tears as I look up into his eyes.

“Why?” I ask barely above a whisper. I just needed an answer. I needed to know.

“You were right, I was scared of what I was feeling” he says as his gaze never leaves mine “I thought if I got you to hate me that I could go on ignoring my feelings for you. But as soon as you said you wanted nothing to do with me and walked out of that door, I couldn’t picture my life with out you”.

I was lost for words, I had the guy I wanted right in front of me telling me how he felt. I then edged forward placing my forehead on his. “Justin..”

‘Yeah baby” he said while eyeing my lips.

“Make love to me”.























Chapter End Notes:
SONG: Have you ever BY Brandy


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story