Author's Chapter Notes:
ok so I seriously had a bit of a panic attack when I saw the site was down. Thanks SO much for fixing it! :)

After Justin spent the day shooting all of his daughter’s hopes and dreams down I offered to have Ayden stay with me for the night. Justin obviously did not have any complaints about that. So Justin spent the night getting drunk either by himself or with a bunch of whores he found on the street, I’m not exactly sure. I am sure that he did get drunk though.

You may wonder how I know he got drunk last night. You may think I’m exaggerating in assuming that he spent the night getting drunk. He probably just went to bed early right? Watched a movie, took a night off without his daughter and went to bed early.

Ha.

Ayden and I made popcorn and watched Monsters Inc. I dozed off for a few seconds before the ending but Ayden stayed up for the whole thing. She woke me up when she saw my eyes closed. After the movie I put her to bed. Surprisingly she didn’t fight too much to stay up longer. By the time her head hit the pillow she was fast asleep before I could even read her one of her new bug books.

But now it’s morning and Ayden woke me up about twenty minutes ago. We went downstairs and just as I was about to leave the house and walk across the yard to get her breakfast I noticed her father… passed out on the lawn, with a beer bottle in his hand.

There are a few things I think a daughter should never see. Perhaps the most important being her father passed out drunk on the lawn. I do wonder what it’s going to take to get his alcoholic ass straightened out.

I found Ayden something to eat at my place before sneaking outside and turning the sprinkler on her father. It took him a few seconds to realize the water was on him before he actually stood up and got away from it.

“What the fuck?” he glared at me.

“I had to water the grass. It’s on my list of things to do today… water the grass.”

“You’re a bitch,” he answered groggily and wobbled into the house.

I smiled at him, which pissed him off even more, and went back to take care of his daughter.

Ayden and I stayed out of the house for the morning. It was a beautiful day so I decided we should go for a walk. Just as we were about to leave I heard the door open and Justin was there. “What’s going on?”

I prepared myself for whatever his crazy request was going to be, “We’re going to go for a walk.”

He nodded his head, stretching his hands over his head, “Sounds good, I’ll come.”

I don’t think he has ever gone with us for a walk since I started working for him. In fact, I don’t think he’s ever gone for a walk in his life. Surprisingly enough he wasn’t a complete asshole all day. In fact, the next week he made it, for the most part, pretty much low key.

That is of course, until all the shit hit the fan.

It was 7:19 when my cell phone woke me up. I answered groggily, “Hello?”

“Sari, I need to see Justin and you in my office at 8:30.” It was Johnny.

“At 8:30?” I looked at the clock, “He’s sleeping.”

“Wake him up.” Johnny usually doesn’t treat me like shit so I know something’s going on, “And leave Ayden.”

“Leave Ayden? Where would you like me to leave her?”

“With the nanny.”

“She doesn’t have a nanny.”

There was silence on the other end of the line, “I thought you had a nanny.”

“We did, but she left Ayden alone so we kinda fired her.”

“Then get another one.”

I took a deep breath, “I have been trying. There’s no one.”

He returned my deep breath, exaggerating it more, “She can’t come.”

“How are you possibly going to tell me a three year old can’t come? What would you like me to do with her? I can stay with her,” I suggested.

“You need to come,” he answered quickly, “We’ll be at Justin’s house at 8:30. Make sure he’s there,” the phone was clicked off before I could respond. Wonderful.

I sat up and looked at the clock, trying to decide if I should call him now or give him a few minutes. It’s hard to win with him because sometimes he wants more sleep and other times he gets mad when I don’t give him enough time to get ready. I decided I’d take a shower before calling him.

When I did call him he was surprisingly already awake. “Hey,” he answered the phone, that’s always a wonderful sign. He usually answers his phone with “what?”

“Hey,”

“What’s up?” he asked before I could continue.

“Johnny called and said he’s coming over to talk to us.”

I heard him laugh, “Are we in trouble Sari?”

“It sounds like it.”

“Why are they coming here?”

“They said not to bring Ayden. I told him we had to or I could stay home and he said I had to be there.”

“Shit, what did we do?”

“I didn’t do anything.”

Justin laughed, “I’ll be here, I’m up. She’s still sleeping though, what did you do to her?”

“She never gets up this early, she is your daughter,” he’s never up before noon, which is why I’m surprised that he’s up now.

“I know, but I’m bored. I want her to wake up.”

He’s so weird.

“Don’t wake her up,” I answered.

“I’m know, relax Sari.”

I finished getting ready and by the time I got over to the house they were both sitting at the table eating cereal. It’s kind of cute when they’re sitting there, both eating the same way. They look a lot alike when they’re doing the same thing.

“Hi Sari!” Ayden waved with a smile.

“Hi Ayden, good morning.”

“Good morning Sari,” Justin smiled. He was in a surprisingly good mood. I’m not used to that, “You ready for this shit?”

“I didn’t do anything wrong, so I’m not worried.”

That was funny to Justin, and apparently Ayden as well. She just laughs every time her father does, even if she has no idea why.

It was exactly 8:30 when there was a nock on the door. The suits walked in, Justin’s manager, attorney, agent, and two other guys I don’t think I’ve ever seen. It was honestly a little scary. Ayden even ran over to me and grabbed onto my leg when she saw them. I picked her up and followed them to the dining room table where they sat down, making themselves at home.

“It’s ok,” I whispered to her as she hugged onto me tightly.

“Relax Ayden, damn,” Justin laughed as he sat down, “What’s up guys?”

Not one of them said anything or smiled, they just looked at each other and put their briefcases on the table. Johnny pulled out a couple magazines and threw them on the table. On the cover of every magazine was a picture of Justin, Ayden and myself walking down the street.

“On the cover of every. Fucking. Tabloid from here to… Guam,” Johnny said as he threw more magazines on the table from around the world in different languages, “Is this lovely photograph of pop star Justin Timberlake and his daughter. His daughter that we have been hiding for the past three fucking years.”

I covered Ayden’s ears as he spoke. It’s not even the swearing, more the fact that he’s saying everyone is trying to hide her. I know she probably doesn’t know what it means but still.

“It’s just a picture,” Justin answered.

“Just a dozen pictures Justin,” his attorney answered.

“I don’t see the big deal,” I answered and got six men glaring at me.

“The big deal, Sari, is that we have taken drastic measures for the past three years to make sure that there were not pictures, like these,” he threw the magazine on the table, “To ruin his career.”

“ I don’t think it’s that big of a deal though,” I got the glares again; maybe I need to shut up.

“So now we have to worry about what we’re going to do next.”

He was expecting me to say something and when I didn’t he continued.

“Why did you go out walking in the streets with them?” he asked Justin. I don’t think this guy realized that the question should be why he never has before. Ayden is his damn daughter, why am I the only one in the universe that doesn’t see something wrong with the fact that there are finally after THREE FUCKING YEARS pictures of Justin and his daughter?

“Isn’t the more important question why there were photographers in the gated community?” I asked but was ignored.

“We’ve come up with plan to save your career.”

It doesn’t need saving, they’re freaking out over nothing. I looked over at Justin and he was just sitting there, looking into space. He is never able to keep his damn mouth shut except with he should be bitching them out he’s silent.

“We are going to tell the press that Ayden is Sari’s daughter.”

Wait… what?

“Ayden is actually Justin Timberlake’s assistant’s daughter. What a wonderful person he is to hire a personal assistant with a three year old daughter who he lets come along on all of his adventures,” he continued.

This can’t be serious, he can’t be serious. I looked at Justin, hoping he was seeing what a stupid idea this is but he was still just looking into space.

“Um… ok, I don’t think…” I began but was caught off immediately.

“You’re practically her mother anyway,” one of them answered.

“Ok, but I’m not. We can’t just pretend I gave birth to this child three years ago. I mean I know people, people know I don’t have a daughter.”

“We don’t need to worry about that now.”

“But I really think this is going to be a huge mistake. People are not going to care that he has a daughter, why would anyone care?”

“We’ve been lying to everyone for three years, they’re going to care.”

Well then why the fuck have they been lying? I’ve been saying this is the stupidest thing ever for a long time, and now it’s like they only get dumber.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea,” I answered. I want to state my case even though I know no one cares what I think.

“Justin?” they asked. He’s still in his own world but he nodded his head. I can’t believe he’s actually agreeing to this.

I took a deep breath and stood up, I have to leave the room for a minute or I might kill one of them. The truth is I would absolutely love to have Ayden as my daughter, but she’s not. It’s not fair for her to have her actual father pretend he’s not her father. She already has a mother that wants nothing to do with her she shouldn’t have her father do the same. I swear I just think everyone in this damn industry is seriously fucked in the brain. And in a few years Ayden is going to be fucked up just like the rest of them because she’s being brought into all this.

“Them guys is scary,” I heard Ayden and looked down to see she had followed me into the other room.

“Yeah, they are aren’t they?”

She giggled as I paced around the room; I’m about to have a bit of a panic attack. Ayden followed me giggling.

“Ok Ayden, sit for a minute, alright hunny?” she nodded her head and sat on the couch as I reached for the phone to call Justin’s mother. She is the only one that will be able to talk some sense into all of them. Justin’s mother ALWAYS answers her phone when I call. Always except right now, the one time that I really need her to answer the phone.

Justin walked into the room and sat down on the couch. He didn’t say anything; he just sat there, still staring into space like he was doing in the other room. Ayden crawled on top of him and he picked her up and put her back on the couch, still not saying a thing.

“This is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard,” I decided I’ll talk since he isn’t going to.

“I know,” he finally answered, although he wouldn’t look away from the wall.

“So tell them no.”

Justin looked at me for the first time, “I just think they know what they’re talking about.”

“Justin, you really think they know what they’re talking about when they tell you to pretend she’s not your daughter and she’s mine?” I whispered so Ayden wouldn’t hear me.

“I don’t fucking know Sari! All I know is I can’t go with the other option.”

“Why not?”

He took a deep breath before standing up, “Sari just… please? Just try it.”

Justin’s eyes were pleading with me, and I’ve never experienced anything like it before. It made me very uncomfortable. I looked over at Ayden who was sitting on the couch humming a song and kicking her feet.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“I know.”

I took a deep breath and knew I’d regret it before I said anything, “Fine, but I’m doing it for her because I don’t think it’s fair that everyone acts like they’re so ashamed of her.”

“I’m not ashamed of her, give me a fucking break.”

I rolled my eyes; “I’m doing it for her, not for you.”

“That’s fine,” I saw a smile slide on his face, “It’s your fault the whole thing happened anyway.”

“My fault? How is it my fault?”

“You made me go on that damn walk.”

“Oh my god, shut up. I hate you.”

“I hate you too. Thanks Sari.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj assistant court