-May 28, 2030- 

Kathryn reached over and shut the alarm off, the following morning. Justin grumbled and rolled over to face her.

 

“Morning,” Kathryn said quietly as he put her arm around her.

 

“Hi,” He responded. “Do we really have to get up?”

 

“Not unless you don’t want to get married today.”

 

“I do. I was just up late with BJ and the girls last night.”

 

“Everyone is going to be cranky today, then?” She asked mostly to herself. Kathryn moved so she was sitting up. Justin tried to protest it, but she was to fast. He ended up sitting up himself.

 

“I’ll start some coffee and get everyone up.” Kathryn straightened out her pajamas as she stood up. She grabbed her robe off of the chair and walked out of the room. Kathryn started the coffee maker and headed back down the hall. She stopped at Brasen’s room first.

 

“Are ya’ll up?” Kathryn asked when she heard movement in there.

 

“I am,” Seven answered and opened the door. “I’ll get Brasen up in a second. I was going to hop in the shower first.”

 

“K,” Kathryn nodded and moved to the room that Claire and Kelsey were sleeping in. She got them up and moving before going to pour her and Justin a cup of coffee. She walked into the bedroom and set down both mugs on a side table. Justin had moved into the bathroom and she could here him moving around in there.

 

“There is some coffee on the table for you,” Kathryn said knocking on the bathroom door. Justin pulled the door open with a smile. He was standing there in a pair of jeans with a grin on his face.

 

“Great,” He smiled. “We’re gettin’ married.”

 

“Yes we are,” Kathryn said with a smile. “Are you done in the bathroom?”

 

“Uh-huh,” Justin leaned over and kissed her cheek. He walked over to the table and picked up one of the mugs. Kathryn grabbed her stuff and went into the bathroom. She closed the door and got ready for her shower.

 

An hour and a half later everyone was ready to head out in the direction they were going. Kathryn and the girls were going to get their hair put up, while the boys went to pick up some last minute things and head for the chapel.

 

---------------------------------

 

“Do you girls want to wear some make-up?” Kathryn asked. They were in the bride’s room at the chapel getting ready. Both Claire and Kelsey were already in their dresses and Seven had disappeared when they got there.

 

“Can we?” Claire asked, “Mom never lets us.”

 

“I don’t see why not,” Kathryn smiled. “It is a special occasion.”

 

“Cool,” Claire smiled too.

 

“Come over here then,” Kathryn sat down at the small table. Claire came over and stood in front of her. She finished putting make-up on Claire just as Seven came back.

 

“Where did you go?” Kathryn asked.

 

“To talk to BJ,” Seven answered. “He said he would be down here in a few minutes. The church is starting to fill up.”

 

“Already?” Kathryn asked. “Ready Kelsey?” Claire went to sit down on the couch and Kelsey walked over to Kathryn.

 

“How many people did you say you invited?” Seven asked and sat down on the couch next to Claire.

 

“Around 75, everyone is supposed to be here.” Kathryn answered. The room was quiet for a few minutes.

 

“Knock-knock,” Brasen stuck his head in the room, just as Kathryn was finishing up on Kelsey.

 

“Thank you,” Kelsey said.

 

“You’re welcome sweetie. Come on in BJ.” Kathryn smiled at her son. He was going to be walking her down the isle in just a few minutes. Claire and Kelsey were going to be walking down the isle before them. Justin and she felt it was important for their children to be involved in the ceremony.

 

“Are you ready to go sit Seven?” Brasen asked.

 

“Yeah,” Seven stood up.

 

“Let me have a hug first,” Kathryn stood up too. Seven walked over and gave her a hug, before Brasen walked her out to her seat.

 

“Can we go see Dad?” Kelsey asked.

 

“Of course,” Kathryn responded. She watched Claire and Kelsey leave the room. Kathryn was left alone in the room for a few minutes. She took the time to reflect and pray about the rest of her life, which was going to be spent with Justin. Brasen came back into the room quietly. Kathryn turned around to face him with a smile.

 

“How are you holding up?” BJ asked.

 

“Just fine,” Kathryn answered. “What about you? I don’t want you to think I am replacing you or anything. You are the most important person to me, other then God, in the world.” Kathryn responded. Brasen grabbed a chair and pulled it over to where she was standing. Kathryn sat down.

 

“I am doing fine to. I know how much you love me, and I know that Justin loves you just as much.” Brasen said. “He’s really good for you, and I am glad that Justin is who you are going to be with.”

 

“Justin loves you too, Brasen.” Kathryn reached for one of his hands. “I know I have told you this hundreds of times, but I can’t tell you enough how proud I am. You have grown into an amazing man, over the years – just like your father.

 

“I hope that you will find the same love that I have, one day.”

 

“I think I have,” Brasen said quietly.

 

“Seven? I know.” He nodded.

 

“Please don’t tell her though, we just started dating and …”

 

“I won’t,” Kathryn squeezed his hand and looked at the clock. She sucked in a deep breath. “I guess we better head out.”

 

“Yeah,” Brasen stood. He helped her up and they walked out into the hall. Claire and Kelsey were waiting at the doors to the chapel, and they headed over there.

 

The music started a few seconds later and Claire and Kelsey started down the isle. Brasen and Kathryn stepped into the doorway and watched the two girls.

 

“Are you ready Ma?” Brasen asked. They stood just outside the doors to the small sanctuary. Kathryn could see Justin standing next to the minister. He was watching each of his daughters walk down the isle.

 

“Yes.” She said quietly and smiled when Justin bent over and placed a kiss on Claire’s cheek. He did the same to Kelsey when she got to the front. Both girls sat down, and the wedding march started. Brasen and Kathryn started down the isle. Justin watched every step that Kathryn took with a grin on his face. Kathryn smiled at him too.

 

BJ and she stopped just before Justin and the minister. Their guests sat down and the minister started once the quiet noise subsided.

 

“We are gathered here today in the sight of God and angels, and the presence of friends and loved ones, to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes and blessings to the words which shall unite Justin Timberlake and Kathryn Kelly in holy matrimony.

 

“Marriage is a most honorable estate, created and instituted by God, signifying unto us the mystical union, which also exists between Christ and the Church; so too may this marriage be adorned by true and abiding love.” He started.

Justin was only paying attention to Kathryn as she stood with her arm looped through BJ’s. He smiled at both of them and waited, to take Kathryn’s hand. “Who is it that brings this woman to this man?” “I do,” BJ said and placed Kathryn’s hand in Justin’s. He kissed Kathryn’s cheek and stepped back before taking a seat in the front pew next to Kelsey and Claire.  

 

“Justin and Kathryn life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together. Love is given to us by our family and friends. We learn to love by being loved. Learning to love and living together is one of life's greatest challenges and is the shared goal of a married life.

 

“But a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly measures for even if worldly success is found; only love will maintain a marriage. Mankind did not create love; love is created by God. The measure of true love is a love both freely given and freely accepted, just as God's love of us is unconditional and free.

 

“Today truly is a glorious day the Lord hath made - as today both of you are blessed with God's greatest of all gifts - the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today - and those here in heart - wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success the world has to offer.

 

“As you travel through life together, I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly.

 

“Within the Bible, nothing is of more importance than love. We are told the crystalline and beautiful truth: "God is Love". We are assured that "Love conquers all".  It is love, which brings you here today, the union of two hearts and two spirits. As your lives continue to interweave as one pattern, remember that it was love that brought you here today, it is love that will make this a glorious union, and it is love which will cause this union to endure.

“Justin do you take Kathryn to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only to her forevermore?” 

“I do.” Justin responded with a squeeze of his hand.

 

“Kathryn do you take Justin to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only to him forevermore?” 

 

“I do.” She smiled softly and squeezed his hand back.

 

“A marriage ceremony represents one of life's greatest commitments, but also is a declaration of love. I wish to read to you what Paul wrote of love in a letter to the Corinthians a long time ago. I believe this is a true model of love, and it is a model of love I would hope you both would pursue in your marriage:

 

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels - but do not have love, I am only sounding brass or tinkling cymbals. Though I have the gift of prophecy and understanding all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains – but do not have love, I am nothing. Though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned but do not have love, it profits me nothing. 

 

“Love endures and is kind. Love is not envious or jealous. Love wants not itself, is not puffed up, does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not its own, it is not easily provoked, and thinks no evil. Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness - but in the truth. “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails. 

 

“Where there are prophecies, they shall fail, where there be tongues, they shall cease, where there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect is come, that which is part shall be done away with. 

 

“When I was a child I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child. When I became an adult, I put aside childish things. At present we see indistinctly - as in a mirror - but then we shall see face to face. At present I know partially, then I shall know fully, as I am fully known. So faith, hope, love remain- these three- but the greatest of these is love.” 

 

“I, Justin take thee Kathryn, to be my wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.” 

 

“I, Kathryn take thee Justin to be my husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.” 

 

“Wedding rings are an outward and visible sign of an inward spiritual grace, signifying to all the uniting of this man and this woman in marriage.” 

 

"With this ring, I thee wed. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Justin said as he slipped Kathryn’s wedding ring onto her finger. She had already moved her engagement ring and the ring from Travis to her right hand earlier.  

 

"With this ring, I thee wed. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." Kathryn said as she slipped the ring onto his finger. 

 

“Justin and Kathryn as the two of you come into this marriage uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together - as from this day forward you shall be each other's home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect.

 

"Dear heavenly Father, our hearts are filled with great happiness on Justin and Kathryn’s wedding day, as they come before You pledging their hearts and lives to one another. Grant that they may be ever true and loving, living together is such a way as to never bring shame or heartbreak into their marriage. Temper their hearts with kindness and understanding, rid them of all pretense of jealousy. Help them to remember to be each other's sweetheart, helpmate, friend and guide, so that together they may meet the cares and problems of life more bravely. And with the passage of time, may the home they are creating today, truly be a place of love and harmony, where your spirit is ever present.

 

“Bless this union we pray, and walk beside Justin, Kathryn, Brasen, Kelsey and Claire throughout all their lives together. We ask these things in Jesus name; Amen.

 

“Justin and Kathryn in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony; have promised your love for each other by these vows; the giving of these rings and the joining of your hands, I now declare you to be husband and wife.

 

“May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance unto you, and give you peace. 

 

“Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.” Justin smiled and happily obliged that request. He leaned down and gave Kathryn a short kiss before the two turned to face the crowd. 

 

“I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Justin Timberlake.”

  
Chapter End Notes:
The End.

Completed
Christine is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked On and On also liked 143 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story