-March 2029- 

"Would you like to come to Memphis this weekend and meet Claire and Kelsey?" Justin asked.

 

"Sure," Kathryn answered. She reached for a box of cereal and placed it in her cart. She was off of work that week since it was spring break.

 

"I can get you a flight out on Friday. Is that okay?" He asked.

 

"Sounds great," She smiled and walked around the corner. "I better go so I can finish shopping. Call me later with flight information."

 

"Will do, talk to you later Kat."

 

"Bye." She turned the cell phone off and stuck it back in her purse, before walking down the next isle.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"You're going to show me around right?" Kathryn asked as her and Justin stepped inside his house. He had just picked her up from the airport. She looked around the kitchen as they moved through there.

 

"Of course I am," Justin smiled. "Leave your bag here for now." He took it out of her hands and set it on the kitchen table. "This is obviously the kitchen." Justin grabbed her hand and walked her into the dinning room and through the living room. He showed her the downstairs and then took her upstairs.

 

"This is Kelsey's room and next door is Claire's." Justin showed her their rooms and then walked her down the hall. "Here is your room and mine is right here."

 

"Very nice," Kathryn nodded. Justin smiled and kissed her.

 

"I'm glad you're here," He said.

 

"Me too," She kissed him again. "Where's the bathroom?"

 

"Right there," He pointed to the door behind them.

 

"Thanks," Kathryn dropped his hand and walked into the small room. Justin headed downstairs to grab her bag and put it in the guestroom.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Kat," Justin whispered. He was standing in the doorway of the guestroom.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn asked. She had just barely fallen asleep. She moved over on the bed and lifted the sheet up that was covering her. He came into the room and lay down next to her.

 

"How'd you know?" He asked.

 

"Don't know," she shrugged with a smile. Kathryn rested her head on his chest and Justin put his hand over hers.

 

"Kathryn?" He asked quietly.

 

"Yeah?" She asked and closed her eyes with a sigh.

 

"I love you," Justin said.

 

"I love too," Kathryn smiled. It had been a long time since someone other then BJ had told her that. She leaned closer to him as he moved to kiss her. She sighed when they pulled away from each other.

 

"Good night," Justin said quietly and kissed her again.

 

"Night," Kathryn moved closer to him and buried her head in his chest. He wrapped his arm over her hip and both of them fell asleep shortly after.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Kathryn opened her eyes and rolled over the next morning. She blinked and realized that Justin was gone. Kathryn waited a few minutes before getting out of bed and going downstairs. Justin was in the kitchen sitting at the table. He had a newspaper and an empty cereal bowl in front of him.

 

"Morning Justin," Kathryn said. She stood behind him and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

 

"Hey Kat," He smiled, "Did you sleep okay?"

 

"Yeah, where are your mugs?" Kathryn asked as she walked over to the coffee pot.

 

"Cabinet above," Justin watched her get the cup out and pour herself a cup of coffee. She walked back over to the table and riffled through the paper.

 

"So what's the plan for today?" She pulled out the 'arts' section of the paper and found something interesting to read.

 

"I have to pick up the girls at ten, and then we can go from there." He answered. Kathryn looked around the room for a clock and saw that they had an hour or so before they would be leaving.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Justin came out of his ex-wife's house. Kathryn had waited in the car while he went in to get Claire and Kelsey. Claire, his seven-year-old, was in his arms, while Kelsey was walking right next to him. He had a bag thrown over one of his shoulders.

 

She could hear him laugh about something Kelsey had said. He opened the back door and Kelsey climbed in. She moved all the way over to the other side and Justin set Claire down on the seat, and put the bag on the floor by her feet.

 

"Hi," Kelsey said to Kathryn as Justin walked around to the driver's side.

 

"Hi. You must be Kelsey, and you're Claire." She looked at each of the girls respectively with a smile. Both girls nodded. "I'm Kathryn."

 

"So what do you girls want to do today?" Justin asked as he got in the car. He started it up and pulled away from the house.

 

"Shopping," Kelsey answered.

 

"And a movie," Claire added.

 

"Shopping and a movie?" Justin asked and smiled at the girls in the mirror. "How does that sound Kathryn?"

 

"Sounds like fun," Kathryn answered. She reached over and grabbed Justin's hand. Justin squeezed hers back in response.

 

"Can we listen to BJ?" Kelsey asked from the backseat.

 

"Sure," Justin asked and looked over at Kathryn. "You don't mind do you?"

 

"Of course not, I'm always up for listening to him," She answered with a smile.

 

"Could you get it out?" Justin asked and opened the center console. Kathryn found the CD in it and put it in the player.

 

"Daddy met him at the AMA's. Do you know BJ?" Claire asked.

 

"Yes I do," Kathryn turned around in her seat. "He's my son."

 

"Really?" Kelsey asked, "Can I have an autograph?"

 

"Kelsey!"

 

"Dad!" She replied.

 

"It's not a problem. I'll see what I can do," Kat said, "and I will get them to your Dad for you guys."

 

"You don't have to do that," Justin said.

 

"It's okay," Kathryn smiled. "I like doing stuff like that."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"You're girls are great Justin," Kathryn said as they were getting into bed that night.

 

"Thanks," Justin smiled he leaned over the bed and kissed her cheek. He was glad that they had all gotten along and had a great time that day. He hoped for many more like that in the future.

 

"Are they just here for the weekend?" She asked.

 

"They have their spring break this week, so they are staying with me." Justin got into bed next to her.

 

"That's cool."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story