-November 2029- 

“Kat!” Kathryn heard as she walked off the plane. She laughed recognizing Kelsey’s voice. Brasen was behind her with both of their bags, he was tiring to stay low key that day. Justin shushed her so she wouldn’t attract any more attention.

 

“Hey sweetie,” Kathryn hugged Kelsey and then looked up at Justin. “Hi,” Justin wrapped his arms around her and gave her a quick hug and kiss. He stepped back and shook BJ’s hand while Kathryn hugged Claire.

 

“Girls this is BJ, BJ this is Claire and Kelsey,” Justin introduced them to each other.

 

“Hey,” BJ smiled and nodded at each of them. He recognized the look he was getting from Kelsey as one of a fan. Kathryn reached up and squeezed his shoulder. “Do you mind if we get out of here?”

 

“Yeah,” Justin chuckled, “Let’s get out to the car. Do you have any other bags?”

 

“Nope.” Kathryn shook her head.

 

“K.” Justin grabbed Kathryn’s hand and the five of them walked out to the car. Kelsey struck up a conversation with Brasen about his CD. “So how was the flight?”

 

“It was good, short which is always nice.” Kathryn answered. Justin opened the hatch on the SUV and Brasen put their bags in the back. “Brasen you can hop in the front and I’ll ride in the back with the girls.” They got settled in the car and headed towards Justin’s house.   

 

-----------------------------------

 

“There are my two favorite girls,” Lynn hugged Kelsey and Claire.

 

“Hi Nana,” Kelsey kissed her cheek. “Where’s Granddad?”

 

“I think he’s in the kitchen with some sweets for you girls, why don’t you go check it out,” Lynn gently pushed each girl in the direction of the kitchen.

 

“Must you spoil them?” Justin asked and wrapped his arms around his Mom. He kissed her cheek as she hugged him back.

 

“Of course, now introduce me.” She pulled away and smiled at Kathryn and Brasen who had been standing next to Justin the whole time.

 

“This is BJ and Kathryn,” Justin smiled as he introduced the two.

 

“I’ve heard so much about you two,” Lynn hugged each of them, “especially you.” She smiled at Kathryn.

 

“Likewise,” Kathryn answered with a nod and breathed a sigh of relief. Justin’s Step-dad, Paul, came out of the kitchen with both girls behind him. Justin introduced them to him.

 

“The game is on in the den,” Paul said.

 

“Great, care to join us, BJ?” Justin turned to Kathryn’s son.

 

“Sure.” He shrugged. Justin kissed Kathryn’s cheek and squeezed her arm slightly before following Paul out of the room. Brasen followed too.

 

“Can we go play upstairs?” Claire asked.

 

“Of course,” Lynn smiled at her granddaughters. The two girls ran up the steps and disappeared.

 

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Kathryn asked.

 

“I’m sure I can find something,” Lynn answered. “Let’s go into the kitchen and let me see the ring. Justin told me that he had it designed so it matches your other ring.” Kathryn nodded and held up her hand for Lynn to see as they entered the kitchen. “Beautiful.” They chatted while Lynn put her to work getting a dish ready for their meal later that day.

 

“How are you handling BJ’s career? I know it can be hard sometimes,” Lynn asked.

 

“It’s much more demanding then Travis’ ever was, but I am slowly getting used to it. I can’t believe how popular he’s gotten and how fast it has happened. I am so proud of him,” Kathryn answered. She picked up a cookie off of the platter and broke it in half before putting it in her mouth.

 

“Justin’s was just like that,” Lynn said. Justin came in at that moment.

 

“Mine was like what?” He asked opening the refrigerator door and pulling out a drink.

 

“Your job was like BJ’s,” Kathryn answered with a smile. Justin walked over to where she was sitting at the table and kissed her quickly.

 

“You taste like cookies.”

 

“Here,” She handed him the other half of the cookie and he stuffed it in his mouth before grabbing a couple of the treats off of the platter.

 

“Love you,” He said with his mouthful.

 

“Love you too,” Kathryn shook her head. Justin disappeared out of the kitchen as Lynn sat down at the table as well.

 

“Justin says ya’ll haven’t set a date yet.”

 

“No,” Kathryn shook her head, “We haven’t really had an opportunity to talk about it. Plus he just asked a few weeks ago. I was thinking maybe in the summer though, but I have to check with Brasen’s schedule since he’s got a tour or something and I want him there.”  

 

“Understandable,” Lynn patted her hand.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Did you have a good time today?” Justin asked as he climbed into bed. Kathryn was already settled in with her eyes closed. He reached up and turned the light off before scooting closer to her.

 

“Yes I did,” Kathryn answered. “You’re parents are great. Have you thought about when you’d like to get married?”

 

“Anytime is fine. Have you?” He asked as his arm draped over her waist to pull her closer.

 

“I was thinking in the summer,” She answered. “I just want BJ to be able to be there and you, of course.” Kathryn opened her eyes and smiled at him. He moved his hand from her waist to touch her cheek. His fingers trailed over her cheek as he leaned in to kiss her.

 

Kathryn’s eyes closed with a sigh as she moved closer to him. Her hand moved to his waist and her fingers brushed over his bare skin. Justin pulled away for a second when he felt her fingers on waist and smiled. His lips returned to hers.

 

“I love you,” Kathryn said.

 

“I love you too.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story