-December 2029- 

It was the last day of school for the semester, and Kathryn was setting up her classroom for the Christmas party they would be having after her students got back from their library time. She moved the two tables in her room together and laid out the supplies they would need for the reindeer ornament the students were going to make. Her room "moms" came in a few minutes later with a couple of bags of food and drinks.

 

"How are you ladies doing?" Kathryn asked as she opened a box of popsicle sticks and laid them out on the table.

 

"We're doing good. How are you?"

 

"Great," Kathryn answered. "I have to get the kids in about twenty minutes." She looked at the clock on the wall. The three of them chatted while they got the classroom set up.

 

"Knock knock," Kathryn looked up when she heard his voice.

 

"Hey Justin, what are you doing here?" She walked over and gave him a quick hug.

 

"I thought I would come by and visit. Is that okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah. Did you check in at the office?" Kathryn asked him.

 

"No." Justin answered.

 

"All right. I'm going to take him to the office and then get the kids from the library," Kathryn put her hand on Justin's back and moved him towards the door. She followed him out. "What brings you by?"

 

"Well I had today off, so I flew in. I was wondering if you wanted to come out with me for a few days. If you can," Justin said.

 

"When would we leave, and be back?" She asked. Kathryn pulled open the front office door and walked to the counter. She grabbed the clip board and handed it to him. Justin filled it out and set it back down.

 

"Tonight. We'd be back early on the 24th." Justin answered and followed her out of the office.

 

"I have in-service tomorrow. I can leave probably early evening tomorrow." Kathryn and Justin walked towards the library.

 

"Oh," Justin sounded upset.

 

"Do you have to leave tonight?" She asked. They were standing outside of the library now. She had her hand on the doorknob ready to open the door.

 

"Yeah, I have an early interview tomorrow." He answered.

 

"We'll talk about it later. I have to get my kids," Kathryn pulled the door open with a smile. Her students were already lined up. "Thanks Mrs. Homburg. What did you guys read today?"

 

"The Polar Express," One of them answered.

 

"How cool, did you like it?" She asked. Several of them nodded. "We need to be quiet while we go down the halls." Justin held the door open while the class filed out behind Kathryn. They headed back to the classroom and started their Christmas party.

 

Kathryn felt pure enjoyment watching Justin discuss something with the few kids he was helping out across the table. It was just like watching him with his own daughters, and she loved seeing him with them. Justin looked up for a second and winked at her. She smiled and reached for the glue to help the little girl she was working with.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Are you sure that you can't miss tomorrow?" Justin asked. They were in Kathryn's SUV on the way to her house.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered. "I have to clean up the room and make sure I have my lesson plans ready for next semester."

 

"Would you want to come up to New York tomorrow, after work?" Justin asked.

 

"Sure," She said. "I'll have to let BJ know as well. He's supposed to be home on the 22nd." Justin nodded.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Kathryn was supposed to meet Justin at the hotel after her flight, so she caught a cab at the airport. She walked into the hotel and up to the front desk.

 

"What can I do for you Miss?" The concierge asked.

 

"My name is Kathryn Kelly and Justin Timberlake said you'd have a key for me." Kathryn stated.

 

"Ah yes, Mrs. Kelly. I just need to check ID - it's cautionary." She explained.

 

"Of course," Kathryn smiled and pulled her wallet out of her purse. She found her drivers license and showed it to the lady.

 

"Thanks," She glanced at it quickly, "the bellhop will take your bag. Mr. Timberlake is in room 817 and here is your key, Mrs. Kelly. Please let us know if you need anything."

 

"I will," Kathryn nodded. "Thanks," she said to the bellhop when he grabbed her bag. They rode up to the eighth floor in silence. He showed her to the room and set her bag inside.

 

"Have a nice stay," He nodded and closed the door on his way out.

 

Kathryn grinned seeing the vase of flowers resting on the coffee tale in the living area. She walked over to it and picked up the card on the table.

 Kathryn, I'll be back at eight. Don't eat unless you are really hungry. I'm glad you're here. Love, Justin  

She set the card back down on the table and looked at her watch. It was almost seven, she could wait another hour. Kathryn grabbed her bag and moved it to the bedroom. She could tell he'd been here for awhile because it was a little messy. Kathryn straightened up a little bit before going back into the living room and settling down to watch TV.

 

Justin came in right on time and Kathryn grinned seeing him.

 

"Hey," Justin set his bag down before coming over and kissing her.

 

"Hi," Kathryn yawned. "Sorry."

 

"That's okay," He smiled. "Did you get my note?" She nodded. "Do you want to go get something to eat or room service?"

 

"Room service sounds nice. I've had a long day," Kathryn answered.

 

"Sounds good," Justin grabbed the menu off the counter and handed it to her. "You look and I'm going to change."

 

"K," She said as he disappeared into the next room. Justin came out a few minutes later, pulling a shirt on. Kathryn looked up from the menu and smiled. He was still in great shape for his age.

 

"Did you decide?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, do you know what you want?" Kathryn asked as she reached for the phone. They ordered their meal.

 

"Oh, I talked to Brasen and he said he doesn't have anything planned the last week in May. So if that weekend is okay with you, I'd like to get married then." Kathryn said.

 

"Let me look, I can always cancel things too," Justin stood up and disappeared for a second. He came back with a calendar and a pen. "I can do that. So the 28th?"

 

"Yes," Kathryn answered. She watched Justin write it down. "I'll be done with school then, as well. I want Brasen and your girls to be involved in the wedding, I think it's important."

 

"Me too," Justin agreed. "What did you have in mind for that?"

 

Kathryn explained how she had thought Brasen could walk her down the isle and give her away and what the girls would do. Their meal came shortly after and they discussed the wedding while they ate.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"So are you ready for a day of promos?" Justin asked Kathryn as they got into the car the following morning.

 

"Of course," Kathryn smiled. "I haven't done this in awhile." Justin's latest CD was supposed to come out the day after Christmas.

 

"It's interviews, so don't be surprised if they want to ask you a question," He said.

 

"That's all right," She grinned and kissed him. Kathryn's cell phone rang and she dug through her purse and found it. "Hey BJ," She said into the phone.

 

"Hey Ma," Brasen said. "Did you get to New York okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, sorry I forgot to call." She said. Justin rested his hand on her thigh. "Make sure nothing is planned for you May 28th."

 

"You set the date huh?" he asked.

 

"Yeah," Kathryn answered. "You're going to walk me down the isle right?"

 

"Sure," She could hear him smile over the phone. "What are you kiddies doing today?"

 

"BJ …" Kathryn paused and said, "Justin has promotional stuff today, so I am hanging out with him. What are you doing?"

 

"Just stuff, like usual." He answered. "When are you going to be back again?"

 

"The 24th, so you will have the house to yourself for a couple of days." Kathryn answered. "So no parties."

 

"Geez Ma, ruin all of my fun why don't you?"

 

"It's my job," Kathryn laughed. "I am going to go, since we are almost too wherever it is we are going."

 

"All right. Call me later," Brasen said. "Love you."

 

"I love you too, Brasen." Kathryn said and hung up the phone.

 

"So what is he up to today?" Justin asked as she put the phone back into her purse.

 

"Stuff, that's what he said," Kathryn answered and shook her head. "Who knows, he's always so busy anyway. So where are we going anyway?"

 

"The View," Justin answered.

 

"Fun," Kathryn said. "I can't believe that show is still on the air."

 

"It's popular," Justin shrugged. "And then I have a couple of magazine interviews and photo shoots. Just as busy as always."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"So we hear that you are engaged," One of the hostesses stated.

 

"Yes," Justin picked up the cup of coffee that was sitting on the table and took a sip of that.

 

"Have you set a date?"

 

"Just last night actually, she had to see when her son would be free." Justin explained.

 

"He's BJ Kelly right?" Justin nodded. "What do you think of him?"

 

"He's great. Very talented, and Kathryn did a wonderful job raising him by herself."

 

"How are your girls?"

 

"Great. Growing up too fast if you ask me."

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Do you want to do it Kat?" Justin asked. They were at a photography studio later that afternoon, and they had asked if Kathryn wanted to be in some of the pictures. Kathryn sat down on the couch in the dressing room. Justin walked over to the rack of clothes where his stylist was.

 

"Do you want me to?" Kathryn asked and reached for a magazine.

 

"It might be fun," He shrugged. "The pictures wouldn't have to be published. We don't have any of us, for ourselves." Justin grabbed the shirt and pants from the other man and walked over to her. "What do you say?" He put them over his shoulder as he leaned down and gave her a kiss. "Please Kathryn?" He could tell that she was kind of hesitating about it.

 

"Okay," She gave in to his pout. "Who knew a 48 year-old could look so adorable." Justin rolled his eyes at her baby voice and chuckled. He kissed her cheek quickly.

 

"Mr. Timberlake are you ready?" There was a knock on the door.

 

"Not yet," Justin answered and opened the door. "Kathryn is going to be joining me, so she'll need something to change into."

 

"All right, Mrs. Kelly if you will follow me." Kathryn stood up and kissed Justin as she followed the intern out of Justin's dressing room. She led Kathryn into another room that happened to have women's clothes in it and someone to help her out. Kathryn was introduced to another stylist who was helping out that day as well.

 

"What do you do for a living Mrs. Kelly?" She was digging through the racks.

 

"I teach at a Catholic school," Kathryn answered.

 

"So nothing to revealing?"

 

"No way," She laughed. "I'm too old for that stuff anyway."

 

"Well I'm sure you've seen the way some of the ladies today dress," She said and handed Kathryn a top and pair of pants. "How does that work?"

 

"Looks nice," Kathryn took the stuff from her. The top was just a red v-neck sweater with some black pants. "I think I wore something like this earlier this week. Where do I go?"

 

"Right in here," She showed her the little room off to the side. Kathryn went in and changed. Someone came in and fixed her hair and makeup. When she was done, Kathryn left the dressing room and saw that Justin was already in front of the cameras.

 

Justin smiled when he saw her come out of the room. The photographer instructed him to change positions as he changed out roles of film. Kathryn just stood to the side of the photographer and watched Justin for a few more minutes. She had been to a couple of Brasen's photo shoots so it wasn't anything too new.

 

"Go ahead and change out of that Justin and we'll start on the ones with you and Kathryn," He said. Justin walked towards Kathryn and gave her a quick kiss before disappearing back into his dressing room. "Are you ready Kathryn?"

 

"Yes," She answered. "I've never done this before. I've just watched Brasen."

 

"BJ?" He asked and Kathryn nodded. "He was a natural. I photographed him a few months ago for his cover. Sweet kid he is."

 

"Nice to know that my son has that reputation," Kathryn smiled. "He'd hate it, so don't tell him people think that." The photographer laughed. They chatted for a few more minutes while Justin changed.

 

Justin came out and the photographer situated them in front of the camera. He had Justin standing behind Kathryn and she had her head turned so she was looking at him. They took a few pictures like that before they changed positions. Justin was kissing her cheek in a few of the shots and vice-versa. They finished taking their pictures together after another thirty minutes.

 

"I'll send you guys the proofs before anything is picked for the magazine. And you can just let me know if you want it in there or not." He explained.

 

"Thanks," Justin said. "We'll be able to get copies for ourselves if we want the?"

 

"Yeah, Rachel should be here soon for your interview."

 

Justin and Kathryn sat down in his dressing room after they had changed back into their street clothes. Rachel showed up ten minutes later looking like she had been dragged from one end of the world to another. She sat down and they started the interview. It was mostly questions for Justin, but Kathryn was asked a few as well when it came to their relationship.

 

The rest of the day went pretty much the same, except Kathryn stayed out of the way and just let Justin work. They went out to eat for dinner before turning in early for the night.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story