Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been a little while. Thanks so much to everyone for reading and reviewing :)

 

The burger place down the street happened to be Lucky Devil’s in Hollywood, home of the fifteen-dollar burgers. Brady was impressed with the high tech atmosphere but I was just confused.

“Why did you take us all the way to Hollywood?” I asked after sitting down.

“It’s the best burgers around,” Justin smiled.

I nodded my head but honestly I’m a little upset he took us this far. I don’t get him; I wish I could understand what’s going on in his head. “Do you want a cheeseburger or a grilled cheese?” I asked my son.

“Cheeseburger” he answered quickly looking through the menu as if he could read it. I looked around at other people eating their enormous burgers and decided quickly that there is no way Brady would eat that. This is not exactly the burgers little kids like.  When the waitress came I ordered a grilled cheese for me and a burger for Brady, although I’m sure it will be the other way around when the food comes.

“How’s the fishing going kid?” Justin asked as he grabbed a crayon and started coloring on his placemat like Brady was already doing.

Brady giggled, “Bad. Mommy said we can’t go.”

“Why can’t you go?”

“She scared of da fishies.”

Justin chuckled before looking up at me from the placemat, “What?”

“I can’t take them off the hook.” I answered honestly, “They’re all slimly and gross.”

Justin threw his head back as he laughed. Brady giggled along with him while I took a sip from my water. The way Brady looks at Justin worries me. Justin is like he’s his hero, and he’s not exactly someone I want my son to aspire to be like.  It seems like I always get myself caught up in these situations with Justin. He tricks me into doing something and then I get the feeling of regret in the pit of my stomach. I should not let Brady have any contact with him; he’s already getting attached.

The waitress placed Brady’s milkshake in front of him, “Can we get our food to go? And maybe a cup for the milkshake too?”

“Aww, come on Chloe, I’m only kidding,” Justin stopped laughing and turned his gaze to the waitress, “We don’t need boxes, we’re all set.” 

“It’s not that. I just think Brady and I should get back,” I made sure not to use the word we so Justin wouldn’t assume he was part of the word, “I have to get my car fixed and-“

“I’ll look at your car when we get back,” he wouldn’t let me come up with any more excuses, “Relax, enjoy yourself.”

I took a sip from my water and tried to do exactly what he said. “How’s the milkshake Monkey?” I laughed looking as my son’s cheeks that were caved in as he tried to suck the thick milkshake from the straw.

“I can’t get it!”

“OK hunny, let me help,” I took the milkshake in my hand and shook it around, “We just need to wait for it to melt a little.”

“Or you could eat it with a spoon,” Justin held a spoon out. I haven’t seen Brady’s’ face light up that much in a long time, and all it took was a little spoon. I thought we were about to witness a tantrum.  Justin smiled at me and shrugged, “I’ll take you fishing sometime Tec,” I gave him a look and he returned it, “You don’t want that pole to go to waste. You can come.”

I let out a sigh of relief as the food came. Brady took one look at his burger and looked up at me, “Kind of big huh?” I asked with a chuckle, “Want to share my grilled cheese?”

“Mommy, it’s big and yucky!” he pushed it away.

“I know,” I put the grilled cheese in front of him, “This is more your speed.”

“Sorry, I thought-“

“It’s ok,” I smiled at Justin as I took a bite of the burger. He couldn’t have known little kids only like little burgers, the kind from McDonalds that have more bun than actual burger.

“We can get you another grilled cheese,” he offered.

I shook my head, “I wanted the burger.”

“Ah,” Justin laughed and nodded his head, “Sneaky.”

“Smart,” I corrected him.

Justin smiled at me and then looked back at his burger, “So Tec, how’s school going?”

“Good, I’m good. I’m not bad, huh Mommy? I can go swimming and I can play cause I’m good.” Brady nodded his head pulling the grilled cheese apart.

“That’s good, I’m glad. You’re keeping your hands to yourself?” Brady nodded his head, “Good boy.” I’m a little surprised Justin just said that, he told me it wasn’t that big of a deal. Maybe Brady will listen to Justin, I’m just so nervous he going to turn into a punk.

“I’m a real good boy, huh Mommy?” Brady asked me as he took a bite of his sandwich. I nodded my head, “I’m done, I don’t want no more,” he pushed it away.

“Then you better get working on that milkshake huh?” Justin smiled as he took a bite from his sandwich. Why is Justin being so nice and like… mature? He’s acting like an adult and he’s trying to help me with Brady. When we went to get my dress he did keep Brady occupied, but now he’s acting like he’s his father or something. I’m not ok with that.

Justin finished his burger and I stopped even though I wasn’t done because I’m ready to go home. This whole thing is just making me feel uncomfortable. He insisted on paying and I didn’t really object. He did take us here without my knowledge or permission.

As we walked out of the restaurant there was a crowd of people waiting for Justin to come out.  They had cameras and were shouting from the second he stepped out. Brady looked scared to death so I picked him up and covered his face. The last thing I need is his face in magazines. This is absolutely ridiculous.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know it would be this crazy,” Justin said as he tried to back out of a spot with all those people standing around the cars taking pictures.

I ignored Justin, I don’t really accept his apology, he had to have known this would happen. Hell, I know it happens. I’ve been to Hollywood before. I know how crazy the paparazzi are and I know they spot people like they have a celebrity detector and find them from miles away.

“Brady, hunny. Put your hands over your face ok? Like this,” I looked back and covered my face with my hands. He did the same; the poor kid is so scared he’ll do whatever I tell him to do.  I put my purse up to cover my head, “He’s scared to death.” I said softly.

“I know, I’m sorry. I didn’t think they’d…” he paused to beep the horn, “Move out of the fucking way asshole.”

“Please don’t talk like that in front of him.”

“Yeah, sorry. They won’t move.” He looked back, “Don’t worry Tec, they’re not going to hurt anybody.”

He managed to back out and sped out of the parking lot and down the street. I felt my heart in my throat, “Can you not drive like a crazy person? There’s a child in the car.”

“Sorry,” he apologized once again, “I don’t want them to follow us.” We drove in silence for a while; well it was more like me hanging on for my life as Justin weaved in and out of lanes.

“Please, slow down.”

“Alright,” he answered softly and finally drove at a normal speed. “I don’t think I should take you home because then they’ll know where you live. You don’t want them knowing where you live, trust me.”

I took a deep breath and looked out the window, I feel like I’m in a nightmare, “Then what are we going to do? Ride around all night?”

“I don’t know. We can go somewhere. Isn’t there an indoor playground up the street?”

“Can’t they come in?”

He shook his head, “they can’t go in a building.”

“Fine,” I answered quietly. I feel like this is all part of his plan. He pulled into a parking garage along with the cars that were following us. They may not be allowed in the building but they sure as hell seem to be allowed in the parking garage. I couldn’t even see with all the flashes. Brady wouldn’t let me hold him; instead he wanted to walk with Justin. I didn’t argue because there were so many people and I figure we just need to get in the building as soon as we can, but I wish he wouldn’t.

“Brady, hunny, come with me,” I grabbed onto his hand as Justin went over to talk to the owner. I sat on the bench and pulled him close to me, “be careful ok? And be nice, don’t play rough.”

“I won’t Mommy, I’m good, memba?”

“Of course,” I smiled, he’s so adorable. I took his shoes off and tapped my lips with my finger. Brady giggled and kissed me quickly. I don’t want him to ever grow up. “Go Monkey, have fun.” I slapped his bum and he ran up the slide like he’s been waiting years.

Justin finished talking to the owner and jumped in the ball pit. He ran around and played with Brady like he was five too. It was kind of cute actually. Brady was having a ball.

“Alright Tec, I’m going to go play with Mom now.”

Brady giggled, “No suh, Mommy’s not playing.”

Justin laughed, “OK, then I’m going to go talk to her. One more time, come on,” he picked Brady up and threw him in the ball pit before coming over and sitting down next to me.

“He’s having fun.”

“Yeah,” he nodded his head and laughed, “I’m having fun too,” he looked at me and I smiled, “You’re not having fun though.”

“It's just weird being followed like that.”

“I know, it sucks. I’m sorry, I didn’t think it would be like that.”

Why do I have a feeling he’s playing dumb? “Justin, we’re in Hollywood. I’ve never been followed by paparazzi but even I knew they’d be here.”

“You think I did this on purpose?”

“I didn’t say that. All I know is that you just showed up at my apartment and then I go to leave and my car doesn’t start. Then you take me, just to pick up Brady and that turns into you taking us to dinner, in Hollywood, where we’re followed by a hundred paparazzi.”

“So I’m a stalker that breaks cars, is what you’re saying,” he’s getting pissed off and honestly he has no right to.

“I didn’t say that. I just think it’s weird. This whole thing is weird.”

“What whole thing is weird?”

Can he honestly not get it? I can’t be the only one that sees how strange this is. “Everything.  Like how we met, and you kept coming back. Why did you keep coming back?” I didn’t wait for a response;  “I mean you pay me for things you could get for free. And then there’s the whole way you talk to me when we’re there. Then you ask me to come to the show with you and you meet my son. And you try to get close to him. And you tell your mom I’m your girlfriend and like the whole world when we were on the red carpet. You were like a complete asshole there and then like a switch went off and you started acting like a good guy. And then we go back to your house and you call me baby, and tell me it’s all about me. It’s weird Justin. I’m just supposed to see you at the club. You’re not supposed to know my son; you’re not supposed to get into my life like this. It’s like your obsessed or something.”

Justin’s face went white when I said the last sentence and I immediately regretted it. “I’m not obsessed,” he answered in a whisper before standing up, “get your kid, I’m taking you home.”

I watched Justin walk away, now I feel bad. “Come on Brady, it’s time to go.”

“But I don’t wanna!”

“Not now sweetie. It’s late, you have school tomorrow, let’s go.”

Brady is getting to the age that he can tell when I’m serious and when not to whine. Thank goodness, I couldn’t deal with that right now. I put his shoes on and we went to the car where Justin was already sitting. I helped Brady in and we drove back to my apartment in complete silence. No one followed us; in fact they were all gone by the time we left. Justin stopped in front of the apartment, still not saying a word.

I got out of the car and helped Brady out, “What do you say?”

“Thank you Justin!” he crawled up to give Justin a hug.

“Yeah, no problem. See you later kid.”

“Thank you,” I answered softly. He just nodded his head as a response for me.

I grabbed Brady’s hand and walked to our apartment. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral girlontop boyfriendj stripper chairsex