Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm not so sure about this one but... here it is haha Thanks so much to everyone for reading and, once again, the reviews make my life so much better :)

 

         “Mommy, how come we’re waiting here? I’m boring.”

         I looked up at my son and laughed, leave it to him to bring some humor into the situation of being stranded in a fitting room. “Bored hunny. Boring means you’re not fun and you’re way fun.”

         “Oh. I’m bored.”

         “I know, me too. We’re going to leave soon.”

         As if on cue Justin walked into the store, followed closely by Trace. Brady noticed him the second he walked in and ran to jump into his arms, “What’s up Tec?” Justin had a smile on his face; as much as he tried to hide it I saw it.

         “Justin! You’re here! I didn’t see you. I missed you!”

         “Yeah man, I’m here. I’m going to talk to your mother for a minute, ok?” he put Brady down and walked to me, “Are you alright?”

         “Yeah,” I nodded my head, “we’re ok, you really didn’t have to come.”

         He took a deep breath and threw his head back. I guess maybe I should be more grateful, “But thanks.”

         Justin nodded his head; “I’m going to take you guys back, to my house so they don’t follow. You won’t have to stay long. And Trace will bring your car back to my house. Then you guys can leave from there.”

         It sounds like they have this all figured out. It’s like a stealth mission. “I’m sorry we ruined your day. I probably should have just left, or asked the mall security to help us out.”

         Justin laughed, “The rent a cops wouldn’t have done you any good, I’m glad you called.  We should get moving though.”

         I nodded my head and handed Trace my keys, “Thanks Trace.”

         Brady tugged at Justin’s jeans, “Guess what? I know him Justin. He’s your friend and now he’s my friend too cause he came to my house and had pancakes.”

         “Yeah man, I heard. That’s pretty cool,” Justin smiled and turned his attention to me, “I’ll take your bags if you want to hold him.”

         I nodded my head, “Thanks Justin. Come on Monkey, hide your face ok? Like we’re playing a game.”

         Trace walked out the same time we did but no one seemed to care, they were all too busy following us. I held onto Brady tightly and hid his face. The guys were calling out and asking us questions. I don’t think it’s something I could ever get used to. They parked right at the exit so we got right in the car and Justin sped off.  Brady talked to Justin the whole ride to his house. He’s had a lot to tell him in the few weeks since he’s seen him last. Brady really loves him; I don’t understand how really, they haven’t even spent that much time together.

         When we got to his house Brady was excited to see the castle again. We went right through the house and into the yard. Justin didn’t say one word to me, instead he handed Brady the bat and got right to playing wiffle ball with him.

         Since it didn’t seem like either of them had any interest in me taking part I sat down on the patio watching carefully. I absolutely love the way they interact. Justin is seriously trying to teach Brady how to hit the ball and Brady just gets so excited he swings the bat so hard he falls over every other swing.

         Trace came through the sliding doors and sat down next to me, “How’s it going Chloe?”

         “Hey, thanks for taking my car.”

         “Yeah,” he nodded his head and looked over at Justin and Brady, “Is he ignoring you completely?”

         “Pretty much.”

         Trace laughed and stood up, walking right over to Justin and Brady. He said something to Justin and they both talked for a while while Brady practiced his swing and more importantly, practiced how to fall down without hurting himself. A minute later Justin tossed Trace the ball and headed towards me while Trace played with Brady.

         “Do you want a drink?” Justin asked.

         I nodded my head and stood up, “Yeah, thanks.” I followed him inside and looked around the big house. It looks a lot darker and empty without all the people that were here last time I was. I leaned against the counter while Justin grabbed a soda from the refrigerator. When he closed the refrigerator door I almost started crying. The picture Brady made him was hanging right up on it, the only thing.

         “You all right?” he asked as he handed me the soda.

         I nodded my head, “You have his picture out?”

         Justin looked at the fridge and then at the ground, “Yeah, he made it for me,” he answered softly.  He grabbed his drink and went into his living room, sitting down on the couch.

         I guess I should follow him. He’s acting really strange and I’m not exactly into it, “So are we just going to ignore each other then?”

         “I have nothing to say to you.” Wow. Really? “But obviously you’ve got shit to say to me so go for it.”

         “You’re stubborn.”

         “I’m not stubborn, I don’t have anything to say.”

         “Trace says you’ve been moping around the house.”

         Justin looked up at me for a second before shaking his head, “Trace has a big fucking mouth and I’m going to kill him.” I bit my lip, hoping I didn’t get Trace in trouble.  He’s been nothing but helpful to us.

         We sat in silence again; I looked out the window to check on Brady who was having the time of his life with Trace. He’s just ready to join the family, isn’t he?

         “OK. I’ll go first.” I spoke because the silence was killing me. Justin didn’t even look at me and if I didn’t know better I’d think he was just a body and his soul was somewhere else,  “I didn’t mean to say what I said. I’m sorry for saying it, but you have to understand what I meant. It’s a weird situation. It’s weird how we met and how everything happened and then now I’m here with my son. That’s weird.”

         “Then don’t fucking be here, leave then.” He stood up and started pacing.

         “You take everything so personally. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying it’s weird. But if it’s going to work or it’s something that we want to work it can, but we need to discuss it. I mean, I have questions, I’m sure you do to.  You can’t just expect everything to happen so easily. I have a history, I have problems trusting people, I know this. I have baggage. I have a son. I met you at a strip club and you were a complete jackass for multiple times.”

         “That was a long time ago.”

         “I know, and that’s fine but it still happened. I know you’ve been completely different, like total 360, but it still happened and I have to watch out for Brady. I can’t get in your brain, I don’t know what you’re thinking.”

         He sat back down and took a deep breath, closing his eyes before he spoke, “I went to the strip club to go to a strip club. I’ve been before but it’s not a place I usually make a hobby of going to. I was going through a lot of shit and needed to get away from it. My ex-girlfriend fucked me up and I was going through that when I met you. I’ve been going through it for a half a fucking year but that’s beside the point. So I went in, saw you, and it was perfect. I could do whatever the fuck I wanted, be as much of an asshole as I wanted and I was paying you so it was ok. Or at least I had to convince myself it was.  I knew it was wrong; I fucking went home and couldn’t look at myself in the mirror. I don’t do that, I never did, my mother raised me better, and she taught me how to treat a lady. But I kept going back because I got attached, not obsessed. I wanted to take you out of that fucking club, but I couldn’t let myself fall for a fucking stripper so I kept treating you like shit.  Then I saw you out, with the kid, and it changed everything. And then I got to know you and you weren’t that whore dancing for me, but the complete opposite. Just a girl that will do anything to support her son.”

         I didn’t know what to say, but he stopped talking and looked at me as if he wanted some kind of a response. I didn’t expect the honest outburst, I thought I’d have to fight for him to tell me what was going on in his head, but he seemed to answer most of my questions at once.

         “And then you say I’m obsessed,” he continued, “Obsessed? That’s like freaky call the cops shit.”

         “I didn’t mean to say that, I definitely don’t think you’re obsessed.”

         “I mean, I’ve been told I’m obsessed with golf. Girls have told me I’m obsessed with working but I’ve never been called obsessed with another person.”

         I think that was a joke. He has a slight smile on his face. “I’m sorry.”

         “You gotta choose your words better girl, you’re going to give me a fucking twitch.” I let a chuckle escape, I’m glad he’s in a better mood, “But go ahead, now that we’re all being honest. You got questions, I got answers.”

         I smiled as his rapid shift in moods; he seems to be in a much better mood. But, I still feel like I have to watch what I say, especially my wording since that seems to be a problem. “Thanks for fixing my car.”

         “You’re welcome, but that wasn’t a question.”

         “I don’t have one right now, you answered all the ones I was thinking.”

         Justin nodded his head, licking his bottom lip. I think that’s a nervous tendency he has, I’ve noticed it before. “Alright, I got one.”

         “OK,” I answered in a whisper. I knew the question that was coming but I also knew I didn’t want to answer it.

         “What’s the story with Brady’s father?”

         I shrugged, deciding I could tell him without actually giving details. “There’s not much of a story. I left when I found out I was pregnant.”

         “Does he know?”

         “Does he care, is the question. He knows.”

         “Where is he?”

         “Back in Riverside I would imagine, I don’t know. I haven’t talked to him and I like it that way.”

         Justin put his arm around me, as if to comfort me. “There’s more to it than that.” It wasn’t a question, he knew.

         I nodded my head and rested it against his shoulder without even thinking about it. It just felt comfortable, or normal. I don’t know why, he just made me feel like everything would be ok.

         “It’s ok, you don’t have to tell me. But I am interested, and I want to know, when you’re ready to tell me.”

         “And I won!” I heard Brady’s voice, “I told ya I’d win Trace, I’m real fast! Mommy?”

         “In here Monkey,” I called back and saw his head pop up over the counter. He giggled and ran into the living room, climbing right up between Justin and I.

         “Comfortable kid?” Justin asked with a chuckle. He never moved his arm from my shoulder, and I still felt comfortable, even in front of Brady.

         “Yeah,” Brady giggled, “Guess what Justin? I hit it!”

         “No way.”

         “Yes way, for real. I hit it real far and it hit Trace right in the toe.” He laughed, “Huh Trace? He said… you got me good kid.”

         Trace walked in the living room, crossing his arms over his chest, “It’s a true story,” he nodded his head before letting out an aww, “Happily ever after, I see?”

         “He’s a funny man huh?” Justin smiled.

         “Definitely,” I smiled before putting my hand through Brady’s hair, “What do you say sweetie? Ready?” Brady let out a sigh so I continued before he could complain, “School tomorrow. Say goodbye.”

         I watched Brady stand up to hug Trace, he’s become quite the hugger, I’m not exactly sure where that came from. I stood up as well, even though I was very comfortable on the couch with Justin. “Thanks a lot Trace, for everything.”

         “Nah, thank you for making him smile again,” he finished with a chuckle as he looked at Justin’s face.

          I laughed myself, watching Justin give Trace a death glare. Justin smiled as Brady jumped up in his arms, “I’m gonna miss you again. This time you gotta come back cause memba, we still gotta go fishing. Promise you’ll come back and you won’t be too busy?”

         “Yeah Tec, I promise. I’ll see you soon.”

         “Did Trace give you my hug?”

         “He did actually,” Justin laughed looking over at his best friend, “It was very awkward and uncomfortable but he insisted on it.”

         I laughed at the thought of Trace coming home and insisting he give Justin a literal hug. I’m sure just telling him would have been sufficient enough, “Good, thanks Trace,” he winked at me before going back into the kitchen. “And you,” I said grabbing Justin’s hand in mine, “Call me, tomorrow or something. OK?” I wrote my number on his hand.

         “This is a big step,” Justin answered with a smile.

         “It is, don’t wash it off,” I kissed his lips gently, forgetting completely that Brady was still in the room.

         “Mommy!” he spoke in complete shock. We laughed at his reaction, “how come you kissed him?”

         I laughed uncomfortably and felt myself turning red, “Let’s go Brady.”

         “But Mommy, you kissed him!” I could hear Justin laughing as I made it to the car, “How come?”

         “I don’t know darling,” I smiled as I put him in his car seat, before kissing him quickly, “There, now I kissed you too.”

         Brady giggled, “You’re a kissing monster!”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral girlontop boyfriendj stripper chairsex