Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you all, once again, for reading. You know the feedback makes my life, and you all are doing great! haha 

I hope this one's not too boring lol Thanks again! 

 

         “Alright Brady, so, I know that old school was scary and you’re not going to go there. But we’re going to look at a few nice schools. I need you to be on your best behavior and remember to say please and thank you. If they ask you questions you answer nicely and no running around or misbehaving.”

         “Mommy, I know!” he giggled, “Justin said I’m gonna be good.”

         “Oh, so you’re going to be good because Justin said so, not because I said so?”

         Brady smiled like he had been caught and then giggled because he knows I can’t get mad when he giggles like that. It’s not like I’d be mad anyway, I like that he listens to Justin.

         When I pulled into the parking lot to the school I felt like I was in a dream. This is the kind of school I imagined Brady would go to. No bars on the windows, no drug deals going on in the playground. Oh my gosh, look at the size of that playground.

         “Mommy! Look at the playground! Can we go play instead?”

         “Um, no but maybe we can go play after. Sound good Monkey?”

         “Sounds great!”

         I grabbed onto his hand and walked into the school. I need to calm down a little; I’m getting my hopes up. But this place is amazing. We walked in and there was a secretary sitting at the desk in the office. “May I help you?” she asked with a smile.

         “Hi, we have an appointment.”

         “Ms. Young and Brady?”

         “That’s us,” I smiled.

         “You can follow me.”

         Brady swung his hand in mine as we followed her into the principal’s office. I absolutely love this place; I feel like I need to sign on the dotted line and I’m ready to do it. 

         The principal was absolutely amazing. Everything about the school is amazing. I’m in love.

         “You’re interested in signing him up for this year?”

         “Yes,” she asked it like I was kind of crazy for doing that.

         “There’s a waiting list. We’re the most sort after elementary school in the area. There’s a three year waiting list.”

         My heart stopped beating, “Oh. See, we just moved out here,” I lied. I know it’s not good to lie, especially in front of my son, but I really want him to go here.

         “I’m sorry. We can put him on the list, maybe something will open up.”

         I nodded my head, “Thank you. I didn’t realize there was such a wait, I’m sorry to waste your time.”

         “No, not at all. I can give you some information on other schools without a wait list. I’m really sorry we can’t help you.”

         Why does she have to be so damn nice?

         We went to the playground after she gave us more information. As Brady played I looked through different brochures.

         “Mommy?”

         “Brady?”

         “Is this gonna be my school? Cause I like it! I like it soo much.”

         “I don’t think so Monkey, we’re going to keep looking. Tell me when you’re ready, we have a few more places to go.”

         “Oh I know! How’s about McDonalds? I’m getting hungry Mommy. My belly’s going roar!”

         I laughed as he climbed up the latter, “We’ll see. You know Mommy doesn’t like you eating too much McDonalds.”

         “Oh. Yeah. But I get the apples. Too though, not instead. Cause I like French fries too. I get both.”

         “Oh really?” I asked with a laugh.

         “Yeah. And a ice cream cone ok? Cause I like ice cream.”

         “Brady, what am I going to do with you?”

         “You gonna buy me a ice cream cone?” he suggested with a giggle as he slid down the slide. He’s way too perfect to go to a crazy school like the one with bars on the windows. I need to figure something out. “Mommy’s phone!” Brady screamed as my phone rang.

         “Alright buddy, we’re leaving as soon as I’m off the phone, so get all your running around out of the way. Got it?”

         “Got it good.”

         I laughed as I grabbed my phone from my purse. Brady really knows how to keep me smiling. And on the phone is the other guy that gets me smiling, “Hello?”

         “Hello. How’s it going?”

         “There’s a three year waiting list.”

         “What?” I’m glad he’s as shocked as I am. By the way she was talking I thought I was the only idiot that didn’t know.

         “Yeah, I know. Apparently you’re supposed to sign your kid up for kindergarten when he’s two.”

         “That’s ridiculous.”

         “I agree. But she gave me some pamphlets for other schools so I guess we’ll go try some of them.”

         “Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.  I can sneak away from here for a couple hours, can I meet you guys somewhere for lunch?”

         “Yeah, that’d be good. Brady’s stomach is going roar,” I laughed.

         “So is mine,” he laughed, “There’s a place down the street from you, Isabella’s. It’s good, is that alright?”

         “Yeah, it’s fine. Hold on. Brady!” that would be my son, climbing on top of the roof of the playground. Seriously, you’d think he’s Evil Knieval’s son. “Get down! Are you out of your mind?”

         Brady giggled and jumped down.

         “He’s out of his fucking mind,” I spoke into the phone.

         “What’s he doing?” Justin laughed.

         “On top of the little roof thing of the playground like he’s king of the world. Hands in the air, waving at the dog walkers as they pass screeching, look at me! Look at me! He’s crazy. Anyway, sorry. Yeah, we’ll meet you there.”

         “Cool, I’m right down the street.”

         “OK, we’ll leave now. See you soon.” I hung up the phone and waved Brady over, “Why are you climbing up on there? You know better.”

         He giggled, “Yeah, sorry Mommy. It looked fun.”

         “Oh well, as long as it looked fun. You need to think, use that handsome little head of yours for something other than holding hats.” I laughed at the look of confusion that covered his face, “Come on Monkey, we’re leaving.”

         “Where we going? To get food right? My tummy’s going ROAR! Like a lion, ROAR!”

         “Alright my friend, let’s go get some lunch. Try not to be too silly though, alright?”

         He’s hyper; the quiet Brady is gone and replaced with the crazy one. I just hope he manages to calm down for lunch. When I pulled into the parking lot of Isabella’s my heart sank a little. This is a cute little bistro type place and I’m sure is wonderful but not exactly a good place for Brady. Justin tries, really hard, but sometimes he just doesn’t get it.

         “Justin’s here!” Brady screamed as I pulled into a spot next to him, “I didn’t know he was comin!”

         “Yeah, he’s here. But you have to good, real good. Promise?”

         “Promise and cross my heart.”

         “What’s up Tec?” Justin asked as he opened the door and helped Brady out of the seat.

         “Hi! I didn’t know you was coming. Are you hungry like me? I’m hungry. My belly goes ROAR! I’m hungry like a hungry hungry hippo! Mommy broked it! She broke my hungry hungry hippo. His head popped off.”

         “OK Brady, relax.”

         Justin laughed, “I am hungry Tec, so it all works out. What’s up Chloe?”  He grabbed onto Brady’s hand and kissed my forehead.

         I smiled like a loser, not knowing exactly what to say. He makes me like, giddy. I haven’t felt that way before.

         “Mommy. This isn’t McDonalds,” Brady said as soon as we walked into the restaurant, “You said we was going to McDonalds.”

         Would you listen to this attitude? “No Brady, I did not say that. I said we’ll see but I don’t like you eating too much McDonalds because you’re going to get a big belly like Santa Claus.”

         Brady pouted, crossing his hands across his chest. “You said I was gonna get apples and French friends AND a ice cream cone.”

         What has gotten into him? This is the first time he’s acted like such a brat in front of Justin. It’s embarrassing. I guess it’s because he’s getting comfortable, but it’s not happening. I gave Brady the look, “you need to stop, right now, or we will leave,” I said sternly, “You’re being very rude. You need to apologize.”

         “Sorry Mommy,” he answered softly.

         “That’s the end of it. This is a nice restaurant. You need to learn to like other places besides McDonalds. Now apologize to Justin for being so rude.”

         “Sorry Justin, I was bein rude.”

         It’s kind of adorable the way Brady apologizes. It’s hard to stay mad at him.

         Justin smiled, “It’s alright man, thanks for apologizing.”

         “I’m sorry.” I said to Justin as I looked through the menu.

         “It’s cool, don’t worry about it,” Justin laughed.

         Luckily the waitress came and brought Brady crayons. That kept him occupied for most of the time while Justin helped me look through the pamphlets. 

         “I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for,” Justin admitted with a smile.

         “Me neither,” I laughed, “I just can’t get paying 20 grand for kindergarten. That’s a little excessive, I mean college costs that much.”

         “Yeah, but if it’s a good education.”

         “How good can it be? I mean he’s five,” I laughed as I looked over at Brady, currently trying to balance the cup of crayons on his head.

         Justin laughed as he looked over at my son. “You have a point.”

         I nodded my head and grabbed the cup from on top of Brady’s head. “I don’t think he needs like a real expensive education, I don’t know if there’s an actual difference between the actual educations. I just don’t want him going to a school with bars on the windows.”

         “We’ll figure it out.”

 

         We did, in fact, figure it out. Not at lunch, but on the drive back to the apartment he called me.

         “I got it,” he said before I could even say hello, “Why don’t we just use my address? I’ll go with you to sign him up. They have good schools over here. It’ll be a bit of a drive, but I mean, it’s free and it’s a good school.”

         And it’s perfect. Obviously they have the best schools where all the huge houses are. I bet all the kids parents’ care and show up to Kindergarten Meet Your Teacher Day.

         The next morning Justin came to pick us up at 7:30 in the morning. Today happens to be the first day of school so he said he’d come with me to sign Brady up in case they give us any problems.

         “So Tec, are you excited?” Justin asked, looking back at him as he drove.

         Brady nodded his head, he looks nervous as all hell. “There’s nothing to be worried about Monkey. You have that new backpack and that new lunch box and that new haircut. You’re ready for Kindergarten!”

         Brady giggled, “And I got new shoes.”

         “That’s right. The all new, big boy Brady.”

         “You know what though, I can’t tie um yet. I’m gonna learn though. Mommy said they gonna teach me stuff like that.”

         “I thinks she’s right,” Justin laughed, “You’re gonna get real smart on us.”

         “I already really smart. I can count to a hundred. Ready? One, two, three, four…” oh god, he’s going to keep going.

         “Look, we’re here!” thank god.

         I grabbed onto Brady’s hand as we made it into the school. He’s so nervous it makes me nervous. I can’t believe he’s going into Kindergarten. My little baby is all grown up.

         “Can I help you?” the secretary asked as we walked into the office.

         “Yeah, we have the big guy here, ready for kindergarten.” I smiled.

         “Sure, fill these out please,” she handed me a clipboard of papers and told us to sit down.

         Justin talked to Brady, calming him down a little as I filled out the papers, “I don’t know your address,” I whispered.

         He took the clipboard from me and wrote it down.

         “Thank you,” I said as I stood up and handed it to the secretary, “We’re all set.”

         “And you live together?” she asked. I don’t know how I feel about lying to her straight out like that.

         “In the guest house,” Justin stood up to respond.

         “Oh, ok. Are you ready for kindergarten Brady? Can we show you to the room?”

         Brady nodded his head but held onto my hand tightly. “He’s a little nervous.”

         “Oh, there’s nothing to be nervous about. Mrs. Little is the best teacher around. You’re going to have so much fun. And there’s a room full of little boys and girls just like you.”

         “I’m a big boy though.” He answered softly.

         The teacher greeted us at the door with a huge smile.  She’s pretty young, and the room is decorated very colorfully and creatively. I love it already.

Brady wouldn’t let go of my hand so I knelt down to talk to him.  “Monkey, you’re going to have so much fun.  Look at the new friends you’re going to make. I want to hear all about them, ok? I want you to be very good, and I’ll see you soon. I love you hunny.”

“I don’t want you to go. Can you stay? Just today?”

“No silly, I’m too old for kindergarten. I wish I could though, I loved kindergarten and you’re going to have so much fun. Give me a hug and a kiss and have fun.”

I know deep down he wanted to cry but he didn’t want to do it in front of everyone. Instead he gave me a hug and a kiss, waved at Justin, and went to sit down on the rug with the other kids.

 I walked out quietly and felt Justin’s hand massaging the back of my neck, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m just kind of sad. I can’t believe he’s all grown up. Thanks so much, this school is perfect. I owe you so much.”

“It’s not a big deal, I want him in a good school too.”

“I know.” How did I get so lucky?

 

 

After we dropped Brady off at school we went back to Justin’s so he finish packing. More like start packing. He has to go to New York to do Good Morning America tomorrow morning. I won’t even talk about how weird that is. Not only that he’s going to be on television, but also because he’s going across the country for a day. It seems like a waste.

I don’t know why it worries me that he’s leaving. I guess I just think he’s going to go and realize how stupid he’s being to waste his time on me. I’m paranoid. I get that. I took him to the airport and he gave me an amazing kiss, making me feel like I have nothing to worry about.  When I got back to my apartment I had no idea what to do with myself. This is like the first time I’ve had to myself in a long time. But I’m going to actually look for a job or do something. I’m on the right track now; I’ll find a job.

It was eleven o’clock when my phone rang. I was laying in bed watching television when a smile covered my face once I realized who it was, “Hello?”

“Hey, you sleeping?”

“No, I’m up. How’s New York?”

“Cold, besides that it’s cool. How was the first day?”

I love that he asks about Brady right away. It’s real, like he really cares about Brady, it’s not like he’s just saying it because he knows Brady’s important to me. Brady’s important to him too.

“It was great, he loved it. He made lots of friends, he loves his teacher. He even wanted to go to bed early so he’d be ready for tomorrow.”

Justin laughed, “That’s great, I’m glad he likes it.”

“Yeah, it’s a relief.”

“For sure. How was your day?”

“Good, sent out some applications.”

“Good.”

“Yeah, how about you? Shouldn’t you be out partying?”

He laughed, “Nah, this is it for me. I had to go to a dinner with the restaurant people to see how that’s all going. And then I have the show in the morning so, this is it.”

“Isn’t it real late there?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty late here.”

I giggled like a little schoolgirl, what is wrong with me? “So shouldn’t you go to sleep?”

“Nooo, I’m not tired.”

“You have a show in a few hours.”

“Yeah, that sucks,” he laughed.

“Go to sleep! I don’t want you to be tired in the morning.”

“I’m fine,” he laughed, “I’m used to working without sleep. I’ll sleep on the way home. I want to talk to you.”

Here comes the giggling again, and he thinks it’s funny. He thinks it’s hilarious actually.

“Anyway, what time do you have to get up?”

“Four thirty.”

“Justin! What time is it there?”

“Uh, two.”

“Oh my god, go to sleep!”

He laughed, “I told you I’m not tired. But I’ll let you go.”

“No…”

“Make up your mind!” he laughed, “I get in tomorrow at nine, can I take you guys out for dinner?”

“That’s kind of late for Brady. But you can come over for me.”

“That works,” he laughed, “I’ll bring you some food.”

“Perfect. I’m going to watch you on television in the morning.”

“Alright cool, I’ll do the nose twitch or something.”

I laughed, “Then people are going to think you’re a witch.”

“That’s fine. Alright, I’m going to let you go to sleep and I’m going to… lay in bed and think about how much I wish I was there.” Wow, that’s kind of amazing. He laughed, “That just came out. Not exactly my coolest moment.”

I laughed, “I miss you, have fun. Goodnight.”

“Tell Brady I say hey. Sweet Dreams Chloe.”

I took a deep breath as I closed my phone. What have we gotten ourselves into?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: missionary oral girlontop boyfriendj stripper chairsex