Huge. I am huge I tell you! I officially cannot even see the tips of my toes anymore. For all I know my polish on my toes could be chipped and ugly. But I guess it’s all worth it. I smile as I look at myself in the mirror. Megan Elise. We decided on her whole name and we didn’t even fight over it. Aren’t you proud of us? Well, I’m glad that we finally got the name and the nursery all squared away. At least now I don’t feel like a dead beat parent. Ok I know this is a random fact but my boobs are huge. I used to be a 34 C now I’m a 34 D. Crazy huh? That’s one major perk of this whole thing. My closet was full of all my old clothes but I had bought all these adorable maternity clothes thinking I would be getting out of the house more than I am, and I’ve barely worn all my outfits. I have this one amazing black dress. It’s maternity but it’s beautiful. It’s a halter cut and the only part that it really hugs is my boobs, and from the breast line down it has this flow type feel to it and doesn’t hug my stomach at all. It’s probably the most comfortable dress that I own. I tried it on one day just for kicks, and I have to say that I looked pretty in it. I’m starting to get a little restless. I want to get out of this house. I want to see more than just the backyard. I want my job back. I want to actually feel like I’m in a relationship with Justin. We haven’t even been on an official date and we’ve been together now for two months. I want to feel pretty. Ok enough of looking at myself in the mirror. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and made my way downstairs.

“Hello Sunshine.” I heard Trace say from his spot at the counter. He was drinking coffee. The son of a bitch was drinking coffee in front of me. He knew damn good and well that I couldn’t drink coffee while I was pregnant. Oh he was a sorry bastard.

“Is it your goal in life to torture the shit out of me?” I asked him as I grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge.

“No, it’s my job.” He said coming around the counter and kissing my cheek. He still had the mug of coffee in his hand.

“Well consider yourself fired.” I said as I returned the gesture. I caught a heavenly whiff of the coffee in his mug. Damn. Of all the things that I miss out of this pregnancy I miss coffee the most.

I felt him wrap his arm around me, and pull me to him from the side in kind of a from the side kind of hug. “You ok?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

“You're getting enough sleep?”

“Yeah, it would probably be safe to say that I’m getting too much sleep. It’s sad when the only place you go is too the doctor.”

“So that’s what I’m seeing that’s different.”

“What do you mean?” Weird, I didn’t know Trace could read people. Well that’s one good thing with Trace, you never know with that kid.

“Well I could tell that something’s up with you. I knew you weren’t having problems in the relationship department because I would have already heard about that from either of you. Then I thought it was just the pregnancy taking its toll but you’ve had this…glow the whole time so I knew that couldn’t be it. So now you’ve confirmed my suspicions. You’ve got to Cabin Fever.”

I smiled, “Yeah I do. There are only so many books you can read, and only so much TV you can watch before you get sick of it all and want to throw it out the window. I want to go out to dinner with my boyfriend. I want to breathe fresh air other than the air that’s in the backyard. I want to actually get the chance to wear my maternity clothes.”

“Have you talked to Justin about it?”

“Well, it hasn’t really bothered me much until now. I don’t know why but today it’s just really gnawing at me.”

He kissed my temple, and walked around to where he was sitting before. “Well you’ve only got two more months to go.”

“I know.” I said rubbing my hand over my stomach. “Feel free to stay as long as you want. I think Justin had some sort of meeting this morning he should be back before noon. I think I’m gonna go upstairs.”

“Ok. Listen if you want to go do something I’ll be more than happy to take you. We can go grab a late breakfast; we can even go shopping if you want too.”

As much as I wanted to do all those things, I love Trace I really do but he wasn’t the one that I wanted to do them with. I wanted to do something with Justin.

“Thanks Trace, but it’s alright. I’ve survived this long; I’ll survive a little longer.” I walked around to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. “Thanks though. It means a lot that you care.”

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re my best friend too ya know? I’m just as loyal to you as I am to Justin. It’s Justin that pays me for it though.” He said with a smile as I smacked him on the arm.

“I’ll see you later.” I said as I walked toward the staircase. I guess I could use a nap.




Two hours later I found myself awake with a smiling boyfriend leaning over me. “Hey.”

I smiled and stretched my arms over my head, “Hey.” I said sighing as my arms fell.

He pushed some hair out of my eyes and rubbed the side of my cheek with his thumb, “Are you feeling ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Did you just get home?”

“Yeah, it’s 11:30.”

“Is Trace still here?” I asked as I began to sit up. I leaned back against the pillows and yawned.

“He just left. But I talked to him though.”

“What about?”

“He told me how you’re feeling lately. I’m sorry that you’ve been stuck in the house this whole time. If I would have known…”

“Hey it’s fine.” I said silencing him with my finger against his lips, “Just like I told Trace. It’s never really bothered me until now. You know me I don’t like staying holed up for to long. At first I had the things that I was doing for you to keep me busy, but now all I have our books and TV and there’s only so much of that that I can take to keep my attention span entertained.”

“I know and I’m sorry. I was the one that thought that it would be best for Trace to take over it all until you were able to come back full time. I should have known better.”

“Hey, it’s not a big deal, seriously.”

“Yeah it is. He also told me about you wanting to have dinner with me, and how much of a sorry boyfriend I was for not taking you on a date.”

I smiled, “Well you’re not that sorry.” I said as I grabbed his hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

“Really? Because you apparently have a closet full of maternity clothes that you haven’t worn yet.”

“Justin, its fine. Besides you wouldn’t want to go to dinner with someone who looked like a huge whale.” I said looking down at his hand.

“Lori, you’re not a whale for the zillionth time. You’re pregnant and you look beautiful and I would love nothing more than to go on a date with the woman that I love.”

My head popped up. Ok I knew that he loved me, and he knew that I loved him. I mean we both admitted over Thanksgiving that we were in love with each other, but we’ve never actually said I love you to each other.

“You love me?” I asked with a smile on my face as I played with his fingers.

“Yeah I do. So, you wanna go out with me? We could go see a movie or something. When’s the last time you did that?”

“Like seven months ago.” I said with a smile.

“Well it’s your choice we can do whatever you want.” He said as he leaned over and kissed me.

“Can we stay here and kiss all night?” I said as I smiled and let our foreheads rest on each other’s.

“We could or we could go out and I could show off my pregnant girlfriend.”

Shit, if we go out to dinner what if someone notices us? He doesn’t need that kind of publicity right now, and we don’t need it on the baby.

“What if someone see us? We don’t need that kind of publicity. For you or the baby.”

“You’re right. Well, how about we lay here and kiss a while and your amazing boyfriend will think up something before the day is over with. Then we can go on our official first date.”

I smiled, “Sounds like a plan to me.”




At five thirty that night I found myself in my pretty black dress sitting on the beach between Justin’s legs with his arms wrapped around me watching the sun set. He had his coat wrapped around me, and it was all just amazing. We didn’t go to dinner or anything. We just figured we could dress up and spend the evening at the beach and maybe grab McDonalds on the way home. It wasn’t much but it was wonderful to me. I smiled as I felt Justin’s face against the back of neck as he placed a kiss under my ear lobe and he placed his chin on my shoulder.

“Do you regret this?” he asked.

“This night?”

“No, I mean this whole thing. Me getting you pregnant, my professing my undying love to you, keeping you cooped up in the house, etc. etc.?”

I laughed, “Do you really think that?”

“Well come on. We’re together yes, we love each other yes, but how everything got laid out…let’s face it wasn’t a picture perfect romance and I know how much you’ve always wanted that.”

“Ok, yes you’ve got a point. But no I don’t regret any of it. No it wasn’t picture perfect, but seriously when has anything in my life been picture perfect? This, meaning how things happened between you and I, is how I do things. It wouldn’t be me if it were like some Cinderella Story.”

“So knowing what you know now, would you still go out with Trace and I that night?”

“Yep.” I said leaning my head back against him and positioning my head where I could see him. I placed a kiss on his jaw. “Except, I think I would lay off the Jose a little bit so I could have at least remembered the sex.”

I smiled when I heard his laugh, “Me too.” He said as he placed a kiss on my forehead. “Just think it’ll be better on our wedding night. It’ll be like our first time, except technically it’s not, but at least we’ll remember that one.”

“What makes you think we’re gonna wait until our wedding night?”

He looked down at me surprised, “I just figured.”

“Oh if you only knew.” I said laughing.

“Knew what?”

“These hormones are a killer. Why do you think I’m never in the room when you come out of your shower?”

He laughed, “So you’re saying it takes all you have not to jump my bones?”

“I guess, but being pregnant really increases the sex drive. So, Trace even looks appealing right now.” I said jokingly.

“That’s wrong.”

“I’m just kidding. But seriously it does increase the sex drive.”

“Well, I promise once this baby is born I’ll make it up to you.”

“Really? Can I get that in writing?” I asked positioning my head again to where I could see his face.

“You can get any way you want it.” He said flirtatiously as he kissed me.

Oh I could definitely get used to this.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story