Two Months Later – Last Week of February
Baby Due Date – MARCH 7


I’ve tried everything! Everything! And this kid still wants to torture me. I’m so desperate that I’ll have sex with Justin! Not that it would be so bad, but I don’t want anyone touching me right now ya know? As you can tell I’m very impatient! I know I only have a week, but I’ve had this feeling that she wasn’t going to come on her due date. I’ve always had this feeling she was going to come earlier, but I guess she wants to make a liar out of her mother.

By the way it’s three in the morning. She also gets a kick out of keeping her mother up at all hours of the night. I guess if she’s not comfortable she’s going to make me uncomfortable right along with her. So here I am in the living room pacing back and forth with a bottle of water in my hand. I would much prefer a cup of coffee but she also prides herself on not letting me have coffee. I mean if she won’t let me sleep she could at least make a compromise and let me have my damn coffee! I have been a HUGE grouch!

“Baby, what are you doing down here?” I heard Justin say from the entrance to the living room.

Oops. “I couldn’t sleep.”

“So you’re pacing?”

“Yes, I’m pacing. She likes this for whatever reason. If I sit down or lie down she starts kicking like crazy. Let me tell you that’s not the most comfortable feeling in the world.” I said putting my hands on the small of my back as I continued my pacing. I glared at Justin as I heard him laughing.

“This is not a laughing matter Justin Randall.” The laughter immediately ceased. “I’m miserable here.” I whined. I heard him snicker and make his way over to me. He wrapped his arms around me from behind as best he could and surprisingly they fit all the way around me. He placed a kiss on my cheek.

“I know you are honey but just think in a couple days all this will be over.”

My contractions had already started but they were still irregular. My doctor told that if they start coming in patterns to time them and see how far apart they are. How the hell did she expect me to time them when all I could do was sit there and wince in pain much less look at a damn clock? So far no pattern! Damn it!

“That’s easy for you to say. You’re not the one in pain here.” I said whining again. The kicking began to start again, “Ow! Damn it. I’m starting to get dizzy from all this pacing.” I said as I began to move out of his arms, but he pulled me back.

“Dance with me.” He said as he began to sway with me.

“Justin come on it weren’t three in the morning and I wasn’t pregnant I would dance with you, but your daughter likes to pace so I’m gonna have to get back to you on that.” I said as I started to pull away again but with now success.

“She obviously likes the movement. So dancing is just as good as pacing except it saves you from dizziness.”

I smiled at him. He’s been wonderful throughout this whole thing. But I don’t want to keep him up. At least someone in this relationship will be getting sleep.

“That’s sweet but why don’t you back up there and get some sleep? At least someone in this house will be.”

“Nope, I can’t do that. Remember I said I’ll be with you in this whole thing? Besides I can’t sleep without you there anyway.” He said turning me around to face and wrapping my arms around his neck. Isn’t he the sweetest man alive?

“Well, when you put it that way…” I stopped mid sentence and doubled over grabbing my stomach. Damn contractions! “Ow! Damn!”

“Baby are you alright?” I heard Justin say. But I couldn’t say anything.

“Contractions.” I said in between breaths. Damn this one was huge!

“Is there anything I can do?”

“No, no.” I said still doing the breathing techniques I learned from the first week of Lamas class that I went too. A few more minutes and it was gone.

“Are you ok?” Justin asked again.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Damn that one was huge.”

“Should we be worrying?”

I grabbed his hand reassuringly, “No, Dr. Spencer said only to worry if they start become a pattern and become closer together.”

“I think you should come lay down.”

“She seems like she’s calmed down. And I could use some sleep.”

“Alright come on I’ll help you.” He said holding on to my hand and leading me toward the staircase.

I began to climb the stairs and I hadn’t even reached the third one when I felt this…I don’t even know how to describe it. But my pajama pants were soaked. Uh-oh! I thought to myself, and I stopped on the stair. I don’t even know what kind of look I had on my face when Justin turned around.

“Honey, why did you stop?” He said then he saw my face, “Are you alright?”

“Uh-oh.” I said aloud.

“Uh-oh? What the hell is uh-oh?” he said coming back down the stairs that he climbed. Obviously I had got some on the stairs, “What the hell?” He said picking up his sock clad foot and moving back up a step.

“My water broke.” I said blinking my eyes in disbelief.

“Your what broke?”

“My water…Ow!” I said as I grabbed on to the banister as tight as I could. Another damn contraction.

So do you think it’s time to worry yet?

Contractions are in a pattern.

They hurt like a mother fucking bitch.

And I have this wet…stuff all over me.

Yeah, I think it’s time to worry.

“Baby? What’s going on?” Justin asked as grabbed a hold of my face that was contorted in all different expressions. Mostly pain.

“Baby…water…broke…hospital.” I said as coherently as I could.

“What baby? I can’t understand you?”

HELLO!! Can he not see I’m in pain? I can’t exactly answer questions at the moment! Can’t the dumbass see that I’m going in to labor!

Ahhh…that feels better. It’s over.

For now.

“My water broke.” I said almost out of breath. “We need to get to the hospital. I’m in labor.”

“Now?”

“YEAH NOW!” I said still clutching my stomach

Justin rubbed his hand across his head, “Alright, alright. Um, you wait here. Let me go get some clothes on…”

“I am NOT going in there looking like this.”

“Honey, you’re…”

“I am soaked from the waist down! I am NOT sitting in this all night.” I said as I pushed past him up the stairs, but I paused on the top step and turned back around to Justin. I sighed, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to blow up on you. I’m not really in the best of…moods. This shit really fucking hurts.” I said as he stopped on the step under mine which brought us dangerously close. He had no shirt on. He had just his pajama bottoms on. I grabbed him by the face and brought our foreheads together. For once I was the tall person. “Anything that sounds remotely…bitchy that I say after this point, I do NOT mean. For a little heads up, I love you, and I’m sorry for anything that I say in advance.”

He grabbed my face too, “You’re forgiven.” He said as he kissed me, “In advance.”

He grabbed my hand as he climbed the last step and led me to our room, “Now let’s get ready to get this baby borned.” He said with a fake southern accent.

Oh God. Here comes another one!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story