Well here we go. In like 20 more minutes Megan Elise Timberlake will be in my arms. Justin and I arrived at the hospital at 3:30 in the morning, and it is now 10:00 at night. Yep, seven hours of wonderful, exciting torture that I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world. And I say that in all seriousness. Though it would be nice if Justin could take over some of this pain.

This is…wow. It’s all happening so fast. It seems like yesterday when I wasn’t pregnant, and I wasn’t in love with Justin Timberlake.

So I’ve dilated to a ten already, and I’m being moved into the delivery room. A little word of advice, if you ever get pregnant and your about to have your baby. Never look at the ceiling as they wheel you away. It’ll make you nauseous and believe that’s the last thing you want. I looked at the people that were around my bed once they got me settled in the delivery room. I saw my doctor, the nurses, and my mom. Everyone was scrubbed up and ready to go, but I didn’t see Justin. I was extremely tired, but other than that I was pretty normal. I was very happy that I took that epidural when I did. Otherwise…woo.

“Mom, where’s Justin?” I asked as she grabbed my hand as they put my legs in the stirrups.

Even though I couldn’t see her face because it was covered by the surgical mask, I knew she was smiling at me. “He’ll be right here honey. They nurses are getting him…”

“Here I am. I’m right here baby.” I heard Justin say as he grabbed my other hand. I smiled as I turned my head toward him. He was dressed in the sterile clothes that they give you and I couldn’t see his face, but his eyes were all that mattered to me. As long as I could see his eyes everything was fine. I didn’t need to see his face to know what he was thinking. His eyes told it all. He was rubbing my head reassuringly. “Everything’s going to be fine. A few more minutes and our baby will be here.” He said as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

“Ok, Lori. I want you to push on my count, ok? We’re almost ready to go here.”

“Alright.” I said pushing up to get myself into position. My mom and Justin helped me stay in position like we practiced earlier by holding me under my arms. I took a deep breath, leaned my head back a little bit, and closed my eyes.

God I was nervous. I guess Justin caught wind of this and said, “You’re going to do fine. You can do this.”

I shook my head yes in response. I was starting to feel her. I was still pretty numb, but I could feel her now. This is amazing.

“Ok, Lori. You ready?” I heard the doctor say. I closed my eyes, and licked my lips as I shook my head.

“Yes, I’m ready.” I said as I grabbed Justin’s hand tighter. He gripped back letting me know that he was there with me.

“Alright, on one I want you to take a deep breath and start to push. Once I reach ten you can stop alright?”

I shook my head again. Bloody hell! Can’t we just get on with it?

“Here we go. One…”

Then I took a breath and pushed as hard as I could. I heard my mother and Justin whispering words of encouragement, and I concentrated on their voices.

“…Ten. Alright, you can let it go.”

A let out the breath and leaned my head back breathing vigorously. I could feel the sweat already beginning to form. I felt Justin place a firm kiss on the side of my forehead.

“Baby, you’re doing so well! I’m so proud of you! Just a couple more, baby.”

I looked up at him with tired eyes, “You mean that wasn’t it?”

I could see in his eyes that he was amused, “No baby. We still have a few more to go.”

“Well, they better hurry it up.”

I could hear my mother, Justin, and the staff laughing at my comment. But I didn’t see one damn thing funny about it. But I was to tired to argue. All I wanted was to see my baby for the first time, and sleep.

“Alright we’re getting ready for the next round. On my count again, ok?”

I brought my head back up, and shook it yes.

“Here we go. And One…Two…Three…Four…Five…Six…Seven…Eight…Nine…Ten. Alright you can let it go.”

Again I let my breath out with force, and I heard the doctor say, “I’ve got the head, Mr. Timberlake would you like too see?”

I almost smiled when I saw Justin swallow nervously. I saw his adam’s apple move very quickly with the swallow, and then his fell on me. I could tell that he was not very anxious to see what was going on over that sheet. I can’t say that I blame him. “Uh, I think I’ll pass. I’ll wait until all of her is here.” I heard him tell the doctor.

I smiled as much of a smile I could muster and said hoarsely, “Pussy.”

I heard him laugh, “I’ll let you slide this time.”

I could hear the amusement in the doctor’s voice as he spoke up, “Alright Lori, I know you’re tired but just one more time, and you’re baby will be here. You ready for one more round?”

I hoarsely replied, “Not really, but do I have a choice in the matter?’

“I guess not. On my count alright?” The doctor said laughing.

I shook my head, and gripped Justin’s hand, “Let’s do it.” I said.

“And One…Two…Three…Four…Five…Six…Seven…Eight…Nine…Ten. Alright, let it go.” I heard him say.

I heard the cry of a baby, and I immediately started to cry. Justin and my mom let me go, and helped me lay back down on the bed. I was out of breath, tired, and more than anxious to see my child.

I grabbed Justin’s hand again, “Where is she? Did you see her?”

Justin pulled the mask off his face with his free hand, and I could see the tears in his eyes as well, “I saw her. All six pounds and nine ounces of her. She’s fine. Perfectly fine.”

“Does she have all her toes? All her fingers?”

I saw him smile, “From what I could tell she had them all.”

“Where is she?” I said through my tears.

“They’re cleaning her up.”

“I want to see her.”

“You will baby. She’s just getting cleaned up.”

I felt my mother grab my other hand, “I just saw her. She’s perfect darling. Perfect. All ten toes and all ten fingers. You did good, baby.” She said as she kissed my temple and wiped my tears from my face. She kissed my cheek once more, and walked back over to where they were cleaning Megan up.

“We did it.” Justin said as he continued rubbing my head.

I smiled tiredly, “There was no ‘we’ involved in this.”

He smiled back, “So I had no part in making her?”

“Baby for all I know Trace could be her father.”

“You better be glad I know you’re joking.”

Our attention was turned back to my mother who was walking toward us with Megan in her arms, “I think someone is ready to meet her parents.” My mom said as she placed Megan into my arms.

Bloody hell, the water works are starting back up again. She’s so beautiful. “Hi baby.” I said as I gently kissed her forehead. I rubbed my finger into her palm and she gripped it.

“I think we did a good job.” Justin said as he did the same with her other palm.

I looked up at him, “She’s perfect.” I said as he sat down on the bed beside me. He wrapped his arm around me, and I laid my head on his chest.

We sat there enjoying our first moments with her until they had to take her to the nursery and me back to my room. Which for that I was grateful. I needed sleep before I had to face everyone out in the waiting room.




Once I was back in my room it was just Justin and I. I was beginning to fall asleep considering I had been up for almost a full 24 hours.

“Do you want me to stay with you tonight?” I heard Justin say against my hair as he kissed my head.

“You can go home if you want. I’m sure you’ll want to shower, and entertain all our excited guests.” I said as I smiled against his chest.

“Not as much as I want to stay with you. But at least one of us shouldn’t be rude.”

I smacked him lightly on the stomach, “I was in pain, and tired. I’m sure Lynn completely understood and everyone else.”

“I was just kidding baby.” He said laughing.

“When you see them tell them all I’m sorry.”

“I will.” He said as he placed another kiss against my head. “I think I’m going to go now. I’m gonna stop by the nursery and see Megan before I go. You get some sleep.” He said as he slipped out of my grasp, and out of the hospital bed.

“Ok.” I said as he leaned down and kissed me on the lips. Lips of magic were all I could think of to describe them. He pecked me twice on the lips before he finally pulled away. Damn him!

“I love you.”

I smiled, “I love you too.” I said as he began to walk towards the door.

“Hey baby?” I called before he opened it.

“Yes?” He said as he turned back to me.

“Do you think you could get here a little early tomorrow so we could go see her together?”

He smiled, “Of course. I’ll be here bright and early.”

“I love you.” I said again.

“I love you too. Sweet dreams.” He said as he flipped off the lights and slipped out of the door.

I feel asleep before I even heard the door close shut.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story