Author's Chapter Notes:
I really didnt want to end the story like this, but I couldnt go any further with it. Well, I could have but I think it would have taken away from the element of the story. So, I personally think the ending sucks. LOL. But I like it also. Does that make sense? I guess I just didnt want it to end! LOL. But let me know what you think! Thanks for the reviews!
The next morning I went down to the nursery before Justin arrived. I hadn’t had the chance to spend any time alone with just me and her. The last time I saw her was when everyone was in my room. I think I held her for five minutes during that time before everyone else stole her from me.

“Hello Mrs. McBane. How are you feeling?” asked one of the nurses, Jennifer. She was one of the nurses that helped deliver Megan.

I smiled, “Better. Still a little sore but I suspect that’s nothing unusual?”

She smiled back, “No it’s not. You probably still be a little sore for the next couple of days.”

“Well that’s something to look forward too.” I said sarcastically with a smile, “Is it ok if I hold my baby?”

“Sure. She’s right over here. Follow me.”

I followed her until we reached Megan’s spot. As if she couldn’t get anymore precious? She was just laying there asleep with her mouth protruding open just a little bit.

“Thank you.” I said as I looked up at Jennifer. She smiled at me before she turned to go back to what she was doing before I walked in.

I looked down at her still in awe that I was finally looking at my baby.

It was still surreal to me that just a year ago I was wishing that I had everything that I have now. I have a wonderful fiancée that I love more than I thought possible (considering he was the last person that I suspected), and a beautiful baby girl.

I traced my finger gently down her nose, and across her lips.

She was real.

I mean I knew she was real but touching her just made it even more real to me.

I then rubbed my finger into her palm and she grasped it tightly. She opened her eyes and looked straight up at me. And she did the most amazing thing…she smiled.

Ok so maybe that seems so…corny…to you but I was the first victim of her smile. And to me it was like she knew who I was just by grasping my finger. You could have told me different and I wouldn’t believe you.

A single stray tear slid down my cheek and a placed a hand underneath her body and another hand underneath her head and gently picked her up.

“Hi sweetie.” I whispered softly as I cradled her into my chest. I began to softly bounce her up and down in my arms and walked us both over to a rocking chair to sit in.

“You know who I am don’t you?” I asked as I reached up and wiped a tear off my cheek as I smiled back down at her. “You are so perfect. I hope I can be to you what you’ve been to me for the past nine months. You have been an utter and complete joy. You have brought so much love and happiness into my life and have opened my eyes to things that I should have seen that were right in front of my face.”

Despite how young she was she had a full head of hair. It was a light color but boy could you tell it was there. She definitely had her father’s eyes. She was just beautiful all around. I don’t think we could have done any better if we had actually tried.

My head immediately popped up when I heard footsteps nearing us, and smiled when I saw it was Justin.

He smiled back, “I thought you were going to wait for me?” He said as walked over to me and gave me a small kiss on the lips.

“I wanted to spend some time alone with her before everyone showed up.”

He looked down at Megan with so much love in his eyes. “How’s she doing today?”

“The doctor told me she was looking good. They want to keep her one more night for observation and if everything goes alright we can go home tomorrow.”

He rubbed my head softly, “Good. I miss you at home.” He said as he bent down and kissed Megan on the head, “And I’m sure that someone wants to see their room.”

“Can you believe we did this?”

“It’s still surreal to me.”

“Me too. I would have never thought that the man that I was waiting for was right under my nose.”

“You were just waiting on me to get you knocked up.” He said smiling.

I playfully rolled my eyes, “I’m serious Justin.”

“I know baby. If you would have told me last year that I would fall in love with my best friend I would have laughed in your face.”

I looked down at Megan smiling at her, “I guess we owe it all to this little one.

“I think we do.” He said as he captured my lips with his.

I am completely happy with my life right now. Things couldn’t get any better. I have the man that I love and my new baby girl and honestly that’s all that I’ll ever need.

Completed
Jamie Lynn is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Pink Lines also liked 303 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story