I hate LA in the mornings. No, I mean seriously hate LA in the mornings. If you had somewhere to go anywhere from seven to at least eight thirty, and had to be there on time, you could almost bet you were going to be late.

So that was back in January when I made that wish, and it’s now July. Still no sign of Mr. Right and no ever growing belly. In the time span of 7 months I have managed to date asshole after asshole. One guy seemed to fit the bill perfectly. We dated for about 4 months, but it turned out that he wanted to be seen next to someone who had links to someone big. Yeah, he hit the curb, and was real close to shattering my heart, but Trace and Justin mended it back together. It’s sad when the only men that you can depend on are them two. Wow, what is my life coming too?

“Come on!” I yelled, slamming my right palm against the steering wheel of my black 2002 Mazda 626. It’s my baby. Nice, but not to flashy, and not exactly hard on the pocket book either. I propped my elbow on the side of the door, and pressed my thumb and fore finger on the bridge of my nose. I rolled my eyes when I heard the sound of my cell phone ringing from the cup holder. I looked at the caller ID and thought seriously about ignoring it. But knowing that one ignore would result in a million more calls until I picked up, I answered it.

I pressed the green phone button on my Black Slvr, and answered with nothing short of bitch in my voice, “Hello?”

“Where are you?”

I gripped the steering wheel tighter at the sound of Justin’s voice coming through the phone, “I am stuck in traffic on the interstate, because you just had to have your coffee from one Starbuck’s at the end of the earth, and not the one a block from your house.”

Luckily he’s my best friend and knows how I function. I am just as useless as he is in the mornings, especially on mornings where I didn’t get much sleep the night before. He laughed at the tone of my voice, “Did they not have your coffee that you wanted?”

Damn he knew me too well. “No, they didn’t. Something about a low supply and a new shipment. They offered me a free one if I could wait because the shipment was due to arrive any minute, but I informed them that I had a bitchy pop star on my hands, so I would have to make due with out it.” Finally reaching an exit where I could get the hell off Interstate from Hell, I angrily flipped on my left turn signal, and made my way off into freedom. God, did it feel good to be going over 15 mph.

“I’m sorry. What if I make you a Justinbuck’s coffee? I can’t promise the best, but I can try.”

I had to smile, his coffee was hell, but I needed something or as the day wore on I would be intolerable to be around. “I don’t know what I’m walking into, but I need some sort of pick me up so I’ll accept.”

“How far away are you? Should I put it on now?”

“Not too far. I just got off on the closest exit, so it shouldn’t be long.”

“Alright. I’ll see you in a few.”

“Ok, bye.” I said as I hit the end button and placed it back in the cup holder.

Ten minutes later, I was getting out of my car in Justin’s garage with my laptop bag/briefcase, purse, and Justin’s coffee. We met each other at the garage door with coffee. He held the mug out to me, and smiled, “Truce?”

I laughed, and shoved his coffee at him, and grabbed mine, “I guess.” I said as I took a sip. He let me enter, and I laid my bag and my purse on the counter in his kitchen.

I leaned up against the counter, still sipping my coffee, as I came up to me, “So what do we have planned for me today?”

“You have studio time today at two o’clock to put some finishing touches on that song that you and Tim were working on, and then we have the rest of the day to do whatever. I think I’m going to catch up on some sleep.”

“Sorry, I kept you out last night.”

“No problem, although I don’t understand why my opinion on the songs were so important.”

“I value your opinion, you’re my best friend. Besides you’re the only person I could get an honest opinion out of. Everyone else will just tell me what I want to hear.” Justin said taking a sip of his coffee. It wasn’t so hot now considering it a reasonable amount of time to cool off.

“Well, then, I’m glad I could help.” I say patting him on the shoulder and reaching up to place a kiss on his cheek. I walked around to the other side of the counter and unzipped my bag taking out my laptop.

“So, Trace and I were talking about going out tonight? You think after your much needed beauty nap, you’ll be up to it?”

My head popped up at the comment, “Beauty nap?”

“Well, let’s face it. You’re not exactly looking your best right now. You practically look like you rolled out of bed.”

My jaw fell open. He better be glad I knew he was kidding, “Well I’m sorry I don’t wake up with the Gods of Beauty on my side.” I said fixing my gaze back on the screen of my laptop.

“So are you saying I’m gorgeous?” he said wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

“Yeah, if you call a dogs ass beautiful.”

This time Justin’s jaw dropped, “Ouch.”

“Aw, did that poke a hole in your ego?”

“I am taking my coffee and drinking it elsewhere.” Justin said as he grabbed his coffee and turned to walk into his living room. I had to laugh. I swear sometimes he can be such a girl.

“What time are you and Trace going out?” I asked not taking my eyes away from the screen, and sipped my coffee.

“I’m still not talking to you!” he called from the living room.

“What time?” I asked again rolling my eyes and smiling.

“I’m not going to tell you until you apologize!”

“I can just as easily call Trace. You could just save me some minutes and tell me now!” I called back.

“And you can save my ego from deflating into oblivion by apologizing!”

“Fine! I’m sorry!” I called back smiling.

“I don’t think you meant it!”

“My god Justin! You can’t be serious!”

“As a heart attack!”

“Fine.” I said as I got up from my stool in the kitchen to walk into the living room, “I’m sorry for questioning your looks, and comparing them to a dog’s ass.”

“I forgive you. We were planning on somewhere between nine and ten. Is that enough time?”

“Sounds fine with me, except one of you two are going to be the DD and not me this time. I have major plans for myself and a bottle of something hard.”

Justin smiled, “Hard week?”

“Yeah. Between dealing with your shit, and dealing with asshole number 308, I’ve had more than my fill.”

“How long were you and this one dating?”

“A month.” I said as I fell into the couch beside him. I was this close to giving up on my dream of having the perfect relationship, and the whole male species. I could deal with being single for the rest of my life, and I was already well acquainted with my mechanical friend that was hidden in my nightstand drawer and my adjustable shower head, why not make a relationship out of it? Besides the only good orgasm I’ve had in three months is one that I gave myself. The last person that knew what he was doing in the bed was the asshole that almost broke my heart that I was telling you about. I guess I should tell you his name is Brandon, and man was he hot.

As if he read my thoughts, “Don’t worry. You’ll find him soon enough.” He said as he stood up and walked into the kitchen. I followed close behind. “Does that explain the zombie motif you’ve got going on today?” He asked as he grabbed his keys from the hook over his phone.

My mouth dropped as he laughed. I slugged him hard in the shoulder as I walked over to my laptop to shut it off. I stole a glance of myself in the patio door. Did I really look that bad? Ok, maybe I did. I took in my reflection and decided that I needed to get myself together before I went out with Tracetin tonight. Yeah, I gave them one of those celebrity relationship names since they’re practically a couple anyway. But I guess when you add me into the relationship you get Tracetinlai. Anyway, back to the point at hand. My reflection was hideous. My hair that’s chestnut brown, shoulder length, and layered was shoved into a messy ponytail. My normally make-up clad face was make up free, and showing every flaw that my Ivory complexion had. My blue eyes were a shade darker than normal showing just how tired I was, not to mention they were puffy from the crying that I had done only a few hours earlier. My well kept figure wasn’t hidden to bad with the clothes that I had on. Although my choice in clothes on a normal day wouldn’t consist of a black pair of velour pants, and white tank top. While comfortable it’s not something that I would normally wear to work even though my employer is my best friend, and we didn’t really have anything scheduled that required the normal work attire.

Justin saw me giving myself the once over in the patio door. He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug, “I was thinking. Since we have nothing to do until two how about you go pretty yourself up and we’ll go out to breakfast and goof off until two?”

I wrapped my arms around him, but looked up at him with a gloomy face, “Are you saying that you would want to go anywhere with me when I’m anything less than presentable?”

Justin rolled his eyes, “I couldn’t care one way or the other but I know you will. So that’s why I suggested you go use the girly shit that you leave in the guest bedroom, and do whatever it is you have to do so we can go eat.” He said as he placed a kiss on the top of my head, and pulled away.

I sighed, and took his advice, “Give me ten minutes.”

Justin rolled his eyes and took a swig of his water. He knew full well that then minutes was going to eventually turn to twenty before they could get out of the house.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story