: One Month Later:

It was eight thirty in the morning when Justin and I walked into the studio. It was now nine thirty and I was hugging the toilet in the women’s rest room. Once I was finished heaving in the toilet, I reached up to flush it. I stood slowly and walked out of the stall. I looked at myself in the mirror, and did not like what I saw. In the past month I had gained 3 pounds, and how I don’t know because for the past couple of weeks I couldn’t even stand the sight or the smell of food. Not to mention all the throwing up I’ve been doing. I grabbed a towel, wet it, and began to wipe my face. My mascara was running from where some tears had escaped while I was throwing up. I touched up my make up, and deciding that I was as presentable as I was going to get, I walked out of the bathroom.

“Are you ok?”

I jumped when I heard Justin’s voice coming from the other direction. He was leaning against the water fountain on the right side of the women’s restroom. “Shit, you scared me. I didn’t see you standing there.”

He walked over to me and grabbed my hands, “I’m sorry I scared you. I heard you in there. Are you ok?”

I smiled the best I could, “I’m fine. I think I just have a bug or something. I’ll get over it in a few days.”

“I think you should take the day off, and go see a doctor. I don’t really need you here today anyway.”

“Justin, I’m fine. It’s just a bug that I’ve got. I have some meds at home that’ll take care of it. I promise.” I said patting the side of his cheek gently.

“Lori, I’m worried about you. What if it’s something serious?”

I laughed softly, “Justin, you’re being overdramatic. Nothing is wrong with me.”

“It could be!” He said defensively, “I would be more comfortable if you went to see a doctor.”

I rolled my eyes, “Justin I am not going to go see a doctor over something this small. It’ll be out of my system in a few days, don’t worry.”

Sighing he got a serious look on his face, “Fine, but if you’re not better in two days you are going to the doctor if I have to drag you there myself.”

I rolled my eyes again, “Fine.”

“Now go home. Take the next couple of days off. I’ll come over and see how you’re doing when I’m finished here.”

“Justin I am…”

“I don’t want to hear it. What if what you have is contagious? You don’t want anyone around here getting sick now do you?”

“Fine, but I am perfectly capable of finishing out today.”

“Not when you’re hugging a toilet every ten minutes. Now go.” He said as he pointed toward the elevators.

“I need to get my stuff.”

“I’ll bring your laptop and stuff over tonight. You have your purse right?”

I sighed again, “Yes.”

“Your keys and cell phone?”

“Yes father.” I said with an annoyed tone. I swear he really knows how to stomp on all my nerves.

“Then that’s all you need.” He said as he wrapped an arm around me and we walked toward the elevators together. We stood there for a few seconds then he hugged me, and placed a kiss on my cheek. “I’ll be over when I’m done here.” He said as he walked back toward the studio door.

“Alright.” I said as I pressed the down button on the elevator.

“I mean it Lori go home and rest.”

“Alright, alright. Chill.” I said as stepped into the elevator. I hate being sick. I mean really, really, hate being sick. But I guess shit happens.



I had been home for three hours lying in my bed watching all sorts of stupid shit on TV. When you want to watch TV there’s never anything on. Not even a good movie. So imagine my excitement when my roommate and my friend walked in from work.

“Kel?” I called out from my room. Her name is Kelly, and she’s twenty three. She’s only a year younger than me, and boy is she crazy. She ranks right up there with Justin and Trace on the Friend Scale. She’s very beautiful. She’s 5’7” she has the perfect model body. You know the tall, slender physique that we “blessed” girls work hours on hours in the gym to get, but never get it? Yeah, she was born with it! She’s got some Latino in her, so her complexion is to die for. She has long black hair that falls right at her shoulder blades and it’s of course naturally straight. You know that naturally straight look that we have to work with a straight iron to get? Yep, you guessed it. She was born with it. She has very beautiful hazel eyes, but she hates them. I couldn’t ask for a better roommate. She doesn’t freak out when my friends come over, or when she sees me on TV trailing behind Justin making sure everything is perfect.

I heard the door to my bedroom open, and she was standing in the doorway, “Lori? What are you doing home? I though you had to be with Justin all day today?”

“He sent me home.” I said turning off the TV and setting the remote on my nightstand. She walked further into the room, and sat on my bed.

“Did you guys get into a fight?” she asked. Yes, Justin and I fight. But of course we make up like ten minutes later. I can’t stay mad at for too long. She was the only person that I told about mine and Justin’s drunken endeavor last month.

“No, we didn’t get into a fight. He sent me home because I was sick.”

“Still? Lori, you should go to the doctor.”

I rolled me eyes, “Justin said the same thing. No, I am not going to go to a doctor. It’s just a little…whatever the hell it is. I have enough meds to get rid of it.”

“What if it isn’t some little bug?”

I threw my head back into my pillow, and closed my eyes. Did Justin put her up to this? “It’s nothing serious!”

“Oh, I know. I don’t think you catch what I’m saying though.” She said

I leaned my head back up, and opened my eyes, “What?”

“Well it’s been a month since you and Justin…you know.”

I grimaced at the thought. I had almost forgotten about it. “Yeah, your point.”

“Well, you’ve been sick for a couple weeks now. When have you not gotten sick in the morning?”

“Last night. I was hugging the toilet from twelve until three this morning.”

“Twelve is still considered morning. Lori, have you thought that maybe you could be pregnant?”

My eyes practically bugged out of my head. There was no way in hell I could be pregnant! It wasn’t how it was supposed to go. So there was no way I was. I hadn’t met Prince Charming yet, and I wasn’t even married. Plus, I didn’t even remember it!

“No. No way.” I said shaking my head frantically.

“Come on Lor. There’s a pretty good chance you are. Did you guys use protection?”

My mouth stayed shut. How could answer that? I didn’t even know myself.

Her mouth flew open, “You didn’t use anything did you?”

“I don’t know!” I said panicked. I hadn’t thought of this. Oh god this was not good. What if I was? Justin didn’t need this right now. His album was almost ready to drop. I would be working my ass off, and traveling city to city this whole year. No, no, no, I couldn’t be. “Kelly, I can’t be.”

“There’s only one way to know.” She said smiling.

“Stop smiling! This is not a smiling matter.” I threw my head back into my pillow again, and placed my arm over my eyes. “I don’t even remember it. I don’t even know if I had an orgasm. I don’t even know if it was good.” I said on the verge of tears. This was so not how I imagined everything to be. Oh god what would my mother say? Well, she would be thrilled. She wanted me to have a baby more than I wanted to have a baby. Plus, she thinks that Justin walks on water anyway. As if on cue my phone chirped from the night stand. I grabbed it and looked at the ID and saw it was my mother. I threw my arm down still holding my phone. “Fuck. I can’t talk to her right now.”

“Here. I’ll talk to her.” Kelly said as she took my phone from me. I tried to fight back my tears as I heard her end of the conversation, “Hello? Oh his Mrs. McBane. Yes she’s here, but I don’t think she’s up to talking right now. Yeah, just a little under the weather. Yes mamn I sure will. Ok, you too.” She said as she hung up. “She wants you to call her when you’re feeling better.” She said as she placed my phone back on my nightstand.

“Great.”

“So do you want to find out or not? I’ll go down to the drug store, and buy two of the best.” She asked me as she stood up.

Well isn’t this just a marvelous way to end my day. “Sure, I guess.”

“Ok. I’ll do it, but you have to promise me something.”

“What?” I asked

“That you’ll go see the doctor first thing in the morning whether it shows Positive or Negative. I’ll go with you if you want me too. I’ll call in sick or something.”

It was nice to have someone to talk too about this, because I definitely couldn’t talk to Trace right now or Justin. But I guess I’ll have too soon enough. “Ok. I’ll go.”

“Good. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She said as she walked out of my bedroom door, and I soon heard the sound of our door opening and closing as she walked out. This was great. This would only happen to me.



Thirty minutes later I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub with Kelly on the floor next to me. I was watching the two cups intently hoping for the best. “Has it been five minutes yet?” I asked.

Kelly looked down at her watch, “Two more minutes.” She said as she took my hand in hers for support. “Everything’s going to be fine. I promise, even if it turns out positive. It’s what you’ve always wanted right?”

I shook my head yes. It’s just…wow. I wasn’t expecting this for another few years. Oh well. I guess fate has a way of kicking you in the ass every once in a while, huh?

“Ok, it’s the moment of truth.” Kelly said, “Do you want to like at them or do you want me too?”

“You do it.” I said way too quickly. She stood up and walked to the counter. Oh god I couldn’t watch. Couldn’t I just bypass this moment? She looked back and forth at both of them, then up at me. I could tell she wanted to smile, but didn’t know if it would be best.

“Well?” I said getting annoyed at waiting.

“According to both of these you’re pregnant.”

I sat there in a daze staring at absolutely nothing. I was pregnant. I was carrying the Timberlake heir. Shit. Shit, shit, shit! A few tears escaped and fell down my cheeks. I didn’t know if they were tears of joy or…whatever else I was feeling at the moment.

“Oh honey. It’ll be ok.” Kelly said as she sat next to me on the bathtub. She wrapped me in a hug, and I cried silently into her shoulder. “Who knows? Maybe the test at the doctor’s office will say something different? It’s not the end of the world. You’re going to be a mom…” her encouraging words were cut short by the buzzer. My head shot up quickly. Shit. Justin was supposed to be bringing my stuff.

“Damn it. That’s Justin. He’s supposed to bring me my stuff that I left at the studio.” I said standing up. “I can’t see him right now. He’ll know something’s up and I can’t tell him right now. At least not until I get my shit straight.”

Kelly stood up at the sound of the buzzer going off again. “I’ll get buzz him up. You go in your room, and I’ll tell him that you’re resting and don’t want to be disturbed.”

“Ok. That might work.” I caught her by surprise as I threw my arms around her and hugged the hell out of her. “You are a life saver. I couldn’t have done this without you.”

“That’s what friends are for. Now, go one before he freaks out.” She said as she pushed me out the bathroom door and into my room. I heard walk to the buzzer, and buzz him up. I listened intently once he got to our door at the conversation going on outside.

“Hey Kel. I just came by to check on Lori. How is she?” he asked as Kelly let him in.

“She’s feeling better. She hasn’t thrown up again yet. She’s resting right now she didn’t get much sleep last night. To tell you the truth neither did I.” she said with a nervous laugh. I could tell she was having a hard time acting normal. But if I was out there he would have me confessing what was wrong in three minutes. I just couldn’t have that. Nope, nope, nope.

“Well if she’s resting I won’t disturb her. Just tell her that I dropped by, and brought her stuff. I’ll call her tomorrow.” Justin said opening the door.

“I will.” Kelly said

“Take care of our girl. Don’t let her do anything stupid.” Justin said with a laugh.

“I promise. I’ll call you if we need anything.”

Aw, he called me his girl. Well, not his per say, but he was included in that “our.”

“Ok, bye.” He said and a minute later the door shut behind him, and I heard Kelly sprint to my room. She threw the door open and slammed it behind her. “Holy shit. That was weird.”

“I know.” I said, “Imagine how it’s going to be once I actually tell him.” I winced at the thought, “I don’t even want to think about it. I just want to curl up in my bed and sleep the whole nine months away.”

“Sleep sounds like it might be best for you. I’ll go order us some take out, and call you when it’s here.”

“Ok.” I said as she shut the light off in my room and closed the door behind her. I instantly fell asleep, and didn’t even wake up when she called me to eat. I needed all the sleep I could get. I had a busy day ahead of me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story