: 3 Months Later:
November

Its taken three months but I think that I have finally gotten adjusted to this whole…thing. I guess that’s what you can call it. And to tell you the truth I am BEYOND excited about this. So I guess I should tell you how everything’s been going for the past three months. Justin has been very supportive. He hasn’t missed a doctor’s appointment yet. In fact we have an appointment today at twelve, and we get to find out the sex of the baby. Isn’t that exciting? I still can’t believe I am five months a long now. Crazy, huh? It feels like yesterday when I found out. Anyway, back to what I was talking about. Justin has been amazing. Work is kind of crazy since Justin dropped his album in September, but of course no one is letting me do too much. I mean I can still see my feet for crying out loud! Trace and I pretty much split up the PA responsibilities. I make sure that Justin gets up on time, has all his shit scheduled, makes sure that he gets to where he needs to be, and that he has everything that he needs. And Trace, well he gets to do all the fun stuff. Like go with him to his public appearances to make sure everything goes smoothly, but you and I both know he goes simply to have fun. But that’s dear old Trace for you. This month has been especially crazy with Thanksgiving just a week away, and having to schedule all his meetings, and public appearances around doctor appointments, which he says is more important than anything, and our trip back to Tennessee.

I stood in front of my full length mirror, and untied my robe. I had just gotten out of the shower. I turned to the side and looked at myself. It was amazing how much my stomach had grown. Not to mention what this had done to my boobs. They were much bigger now. I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it gently, “Hey in there. I’m your mommy. I can’t wait to see you.”

My head jerked up when I heard someone outside my door. I pulled my robe back around my body. For all I knew some weird person could be there, and they’d open the door and get an eyeful.

“Hey Lor. I’m home.”

I sighed when I heard Justin call from outside my door. He had a meeting with Johnny this morning about his upcoming tour, so I’m guessing he just got back.

“Ok.” I said pulling my big white terrycloth robe tighter around me to make sure everything was secure. I pulled open the door and smiled at him, “Do you still want to go with me to the doctor today?” I asked as he walked into my room

Justin just looked at me as if I was insane as he sat on my bed. “That’s the whole reason why I had you schedule that meeting this morning. Of course I want to go with you. We get to find out the sex today right?” He asked making himself comfortable.

I unwrapped my towel that I had my hair wrapped up in and let my wet hair fall around my shoulders. I couldn’t hold back my excitement, and immediately busted out in a smile, “Yes. I seriously can’t wait. Do you know what this means after we find out?” I said as I plopped down beside him on my bed. This pregnancy has brought us closer if that’s at all possible, and to tell you the truth I’m kind of glad it happened. I couldn’t imagine going through this with anyone but Justin.

Justin smiled, “It makes it more real. We get to decide on a name, work on a nursery, plan baby showers.”

Ok my cheeks were starting to hurt from all the smiling I was doing, but I just couldn’t help it. I laid down beside him, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He placed his other hand on my constantly growing stomach. I wasn’t very big, but you could definitely tell I was pregnant. Next month I think I’ll be saying bye to my feet for a while. He started talking to my stomach way back when I had a bump, and at first it was really awkward, but adorable all at the same time. Now though I’ve adjusted to it, and I love it. He’s really embraced this better than I thought he would. Although, I still feel like a huge obligation. But he assures me otherwise.

“You’re getting bigger.” He said looking up at me.

I rolled my eyes, “By the day.” I said as I rolled over onto my back, “When I lay this way I can just see the tips of my toes. So, I figure by next week I won’t be able to see my feet.” I said smiling up at him as I wiggled my toes.

“I think pregnancy looks good on you.” He said. Ok, that was totally random. What? Was he trying to say that I look beautiful pregnant? Was the man blind?

“Are you sure you don’t need glasses? I’ve always said you do, because you squint way too much when you read stuff.”

He laughed, “No I don’t need glasses. I mean I’m not saying that you weren’t beautiful before because you were. But there’s something about you now, you just look different.”

“Maybe it’s the extra god knows how many pounds that I have recently gained.”

“You don’t look fat Lori. You look pregnant. When people look at you they can tell your pregnant, and not have to ask.”

“Really?”

“Really. I’m not just saying that either.”

I knew that. I could always count on Trace and him to be honest with me when it came to that sort of thing. They knew that I really wanted an honest opinion if I asked if a dress made me look fat. They knew there wasn’t some hidden answer that they had to say, and they knew that I wouldn’t blow up on them if indeed the dress made me look fat. I just needed some reassurance every now and then.

I sat up and got up off the bed, but I turned back to look at him, “Thanks. I really needed that.”

He smiled at me, and got up himself. He knew I needed to finish getting ready. He walked over to me, and placed a kiss on my cheek. “That’s what I’m here for. Just doing my job.”



At 12:15 I was already on the exam table waiting on the doctor for my ultrasound. I turned my head to the side, and saw Justin staring off into space in the chair beside me. His leg was bouncing down uncontrollably. “Nervous?” I asked him. But it was obvious he was.

“Just a little anxious.” He said smiling as he leaned forward, and took my hand in his. Well, I didn’t care if he was too scared to admit or not. I was nervous. I guess he could see that I was because he began to rub his thumb against my knuckles. It actually helped. I guess he was pretty good at this.

“What do you want?” I asked. We had never really talked about before. I mean sure we talked about what would happen if we had a girl or a boy, but we never said exactly what we wanted.

“Honestly? I really don’t know. I mean either would be perfect.”

I smiled, “You don’t secretly want a boy?”

“Well kind of.” He said sheepishly. I knew it. “But I kind of like the idea of spoiling a little girl to death.”

I was about to say something else, but I was interrupted by Dr. Spencer coming in. In the past five months we’ve become well acquainted. I, well more like Justin, had to make sure that we could trust her. We both don’t feel comfortable about the press knowing about the baby yet, and she completely understands that. To which we were both grateful. And I of course felt more comfortable because she was a woman.

“Hello Lori. Justin.” She said sitting down on her stool. She looked over some papers for a bit, and then turned to us with a smile, “So are you ready to find out the sex of this baby?”

We both answered at the same time, “Yes.” Then of course we laughed at the same time. Total cliché I know, but who cares?

“So is there a certain sex you’re hoping for?” she asked as she put on the latex gloves, and sat back down in the stool. She wheeled over to us, and got up to prep the machine.

“I’m honestly happy with either.” I said as I pulled my shirt up for her to do the gel thing.

“What about you Justin?” she asked as she rubbed that gel stuff on my stomach. I honestly don’t know what it’s called.

“I’m kind of hoping for a boy, but I’d be completely happy with a girl.” He said smiling over at Lori.

Dr. Spencer grabbed the (AN: Ok forgive me I have no idea what this thing is called! If one of you guys know tell me and I’ll put it there. But for now…thing is gonna have to do! LMAO. Ok back to the story!) thing, “Well let’s find out shall we?”

I gripped Justin’s hand a little tighter, and he squeezed back reassuring me without words that everything was going to be fine. She started pushing the thing around on my stomach, “Heart beat sounds strong. Everything looks good so far.” She positioned the thing (AN: Again I am so sorry for this!) on a different part of my stomach, “Let me see if I can get the baby in a better position so we can see what we’re looking for here.” She said watching the screen. I turned my head to look at Justin, and he smiled at me.

“I got it!” I heard her say in excitement, and my head immediately turned toward the sonogram, “It’s a girl!”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story