Author's Chapter Notes:
Short little update!
We got as far as the side of Debby's Coffee Shop, then Justin was pressing me up against the side of the building, coming down on me, quickly, our bodies welding together fast and desperate. There were too many clothes to be shed, there always would be when he was this close.

"I have thought about you..." His hands slid down my arms and around my waist where he cupped my ass and pulled me, hard, into him. Feeling him solid against my thigh was too much, and when his hands came up, sliding beneath my top and tentatively fingering my stomach, his skin was like fire against mine. Every bone in my body rolled with chills, then warmed up to his wandering hands. He leaned in close, his breath mere inches from mine, taking my jaw in one hand and reaching farther up my shirt with the other. He lifted my chin and licked the glistening patch on my neck, moaning against my skin. I could feel his breath, uneven and ragged when he pressed his lips against my neck with fervor, working his way up to my ear, my cheeks, then he lingered. Right at my lips. I needed him to kiss me so bad I could taste it. "Every fucking minute." He whispered, "I have thought about you." A slow smile spread on his face, "And I don't know why."

Any other woman would be offended at his being so baffled at the thought of her, but I wasn't. Blinded, I was. By the heat in his eyes, the heat of his fingers, the heat in his pants. I wrapped one arm around his neck, smiling back, but maintained just that whisper of distance that kept our lips apart. This was a man that I'd just spent several hours in a car with that felt like thirty minutes. This was a man that had seen me, then my sister, and had picked me-- both times. This was a man that I was quickly developing feelings, real feelings, for, and it hadn't hit me until that moment. Walking away from him was something that was not going to be easy to do but it was something that was inevitable. What if I fucked him right now and got attached? Even worse, what if I fucked him right now and he got attached? I hadn't taken into consideration the possibility that he could have any feelings in this because before this moment he had been nothing but a man I'd concocted in my own personal fantasies. A face and body and a status that I took a molded into my own perfect person. Now here he was, a real man, with real man emotions, and the sudden weight of responsibility that was presenting itself to me was frightening.

But it did nothing to eliminate my arousal. I was seventeen and horny. A bulldozer wouldn't be enough to eliminate my arousal.

I smiled softly while reaching into his front pocket. He sucked in a deep breath and my hand brushed against his cock, pressing against he zipper of his jeans, anxious for release. The first touch had been an accident, but the second, which could only be described as a squeeze, certainly was not. "What you got in there?" I whispered, brushing the tip of my nose against his.

His eyes lit up, "Something for you."

"Oh yeah?"

He nodded, biting his bottom lip. He wasn't being overly aggressive, indicating that, for the time being, he was willing to let me run this whole show. From the look in his eyes, though, it was clear that it was only for the time being.

I shuffled around in his pocket a little more, then pulled my hand out. He frowned unconsciously, clearly upset that the contact had ended so abruptly. I held up his cell phone, which had been the whole reason I'd gone in his pocket to begin with. When he leaned into the kiss me I flipped it open, creating a Motorola shield between both our lips.

"For next time?" I explained to the perplexed expression on his face. I keyed in my phone number and, to my complete shock, actually typed the name 'Nic'. I erased that, promptly, and thank god I did, because, just as I programmed the correct name and number, he'd taken the phone back into his own hands.

His face was playful and seductive all at once, "Didn't your mother ever teach you that it isn't polite to snatch?"

"My mother always taught me to take what I wanted without hesitation or apology." I undid the button of his jeans and his hard dick took care of the zipper. I slipped my hands into the opening and twirled my hand to clutch him, "Do you have a problem with that?" I asked, gently.

His eyes had fluttered shut, and his lips were parted and trembling. Clearly, there was some sort of human response dancing on the edge of those lips, which I'd yet to kiss, but he couldn't quite manage to get it out.

I couldn't believe I had him in my hand, touching him, stroking him. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe anything even remotely close to this would ever happen. Yet, here I was and here he was, hard and ready. To think that I elicited this, that I was the reason he was in this state... Jesus, I knew I could go all night on that thought alone. "You like that?" I asked, releasing him from his boxers and taking him into a firmer grip.

"Fuck yeah." He placed his hands on either side of the wall, one next to my head and the other next to my waist, thrusting into my fisted fingers.

I released him for a moment and wet the palm of my hand, before taking him, again, finding a rhythm, quick, then slow. He buried his mouth in my neck, which stifled his groan, and submerged his fingers in my hair, "Fuck, KiKi, just like that..."

Okay, this was fun. Fun, fun, fun. I almost laughed out loud in pure delight, that's how fun this was. In fact, I was forced to lean into him and put my on lips into his neck to quiet myself down, never losing my pace, of course.

Then there they were. Walking down the same hillside that I'd followed Justin down earlier that night were Lynn and my father, arm in arm. My father never wore the color orange, he detested it, and that was probably why I hadn't recognized him on first glance. After a moment, however, of taking in his delicate features, carmel skin and, of course, the curly headed woman on his arm with a youthful stride and permanent smile on her face, I gasped in shock. Lynn and my father were less that a hundred feet away and were closing in on us... fast.

Fuck. No. Fuck, talking about timing. My father turned his head toward me, and I gasped in shock, then exhaled when he looked back to Lynn, having not seen me, at all. Still, they were too close and if they saw me and Justin together they would completely blow my cover. I had to get the fuck out of there. "Shit." The unfairness of it all! I actually whimpered.

Justin didn't seem to notice, he was probably assuming the gasp was due to his lips which, at the moment, were assaulting my neck. He pulled away, breathing heavily and cupped my face in his hands, "Why'd you stop?"

I hadn't even realized that my hand, which had been all too eagerly petting him, was now at a complete stunned standstill in thin air. His heat stood at complete attention without either of our assistance, wet and glistening. Oh god, I thought of all the different ways I could ride that thing, I wondered how it felt, what it tasted like. It probably tasted sweet-- fuck, I couldn't think about that!

Justin leaned in to kiss me, but I pulled away. I had only a moment to take in his confused and wounded expression because within two seconds I was gone.

Running. I was running in the complete opposite direction of my father and Lynn, praying that I got away before either of them saw me and that Justin managed to compose himself before either of them saw.... uh, him.

--

"That's what you get for trying to get you swirl on in a public fucking area. Hoe."

Jess had an electric toothbrush shoved deep into her mouth, so the only words I processed were "swirl", "hoe" and "fuck". Man, I was horny. "Man, Jess, I'm horny." I shook my head and met her amused eyes in the mirror.

She laughed out loud, causing foamy white toothpaste to leap from the private confines of her mouth where they belonged, and out onto her chin and the bathroom counter. It was fucking repulsive. She, however, was too busy laughing to realize that she was not cute at the moment. This was how the last fifteen minutes had been since I'd arrived back at the house and told her what happened. Me being near tears because I was a girl who was horny with a father that was perpetually destroying any chance of my having good sex, and Jess... laughing hysterically. She was now almost completely collapsed against the side of the bathroom counter, about to fall off, holding her stomach in pain. She was in pain. That was how funny she found all of this.

"I'm thrilled that my life is so fucking amusing to you, Jess." She laughed harder. "You know what? Fuck you." I kicked her in the ass with my bare foot and stomped out of the bathroom, completely aware of her laughter increasing with every passing second. I had no idea why I tried to talk to her about some things. Once I left our room, entirely, and was out in the great room, it was like a breath of fresh air. It was as if the sound of Jess' cackling had put a momentary intermission on my brain function, but now, in the quiet, it was slowly creeping back to me. This was just one night. We were going to be in Tahoe for the rest of the week! I had plenty of time to fix all of this and get my swirl on with Justin. Next time, I just had to make sure we got down to it in a much more private place. A place with windows and locks. Yes. Windows and locks were good.

The sound of the front door slamming shocked me so deeply that I jumped to my toes, screamed out loud, and managed to scare myself so badly that I covered my mouth with both hands, gazing towards the door with circular eyes. "Fuck!" I screamed.

Justin stood in front of the slammed door and, man, the look on his face... I wasn't sure that there actually would be a next time by the look on his face.

He swept off his jacket, stared at me, then turned to the door and threw it, hard. He must have had something solid, probably expensive, in his pocket, because I was fairly sure that I heard a crack before it fell into a heap at the floor. Whatever it was, it obviously wasn't something he cared enough about, because he turned back to me, lips in a straight line and eyes hard, "I'm pissed and I need to work it off."

I wondered if he was asking me for a suggestion. I hoped not, because I had nothing that didn't involve me being naked, him being naked, or all of the above. "What do you propose?" I croaked.

Cooking. Twenty minutes later, we were cooking. This, apparently, was what Justin did to calm himself down when he was upset. And I'm not talking about the bullshit cooking that people like me do when we're starving and Pizza Hut isn't open. I'm not talking about Cup-A-Noodles, Lean Cuisines or grilled cheese sandwiches. In fact, if it's a meal that can be prepared in a microwave in under five minutes, it did not apply. Justin decided that he was going to cook enough gumbo for the entire family, which I found ludicrous because, hello, no normal person has all the ingredients necessary to make gumbo on hand.

Justin Timberlake, however, is not a normal person.

"Make sure the sausages are cooked all the way through, but don't burn them." He coached me, calmly, giving me meaningless little tasks but making it seem like I'd ended world hunger every time I completed one. "That's fantastic, Nic. Now set the peppers aside and start on the okra, it's very important that you don't slice them too thin, all right? I'm trusting you." I had to smirk. He was a little ridiculous. Soon, after we both had our supplies and tasks, we were working quietly but efficiently in the kitchen. Going around each other for extra things we needed, passing each other utensils that we somehow knew the other was looking for. Every once in a while we would both look up from the stove at the same time, meet eyes and smile.

I was always the first to look away. The poor fool had no idea how close he was to being molested on the spot.

Finally, after several dozen minutes of complete silence, I had to ask, "So you left the cabin and hour ago excited and you came back pissed off. Apparently, pissed off enough to inspire a round of gumbo for the whole cabin." I took my finger in my mouth, tasting the succulent juices, and looked up at him innocently, "Wanna talk about it?"

His eyes were riveted to my finger when I pulled it from between my lips, then he rose his eyes to mine, "Don't touch anything with that finger until you wash your hands."

I held up the finger, lingering in front of his face, then tapped his nose, lightly.

"Cute." He smirked, watching me walk to the sink and wash my hands, "I just don't understand you women, Rocks. I just don't understand you."

I came back next to him and continuing cooking the sausages, "What's not to understand? We're hot, we smell good, we're always right... seems pretty simple to me." I shrugged, then got serious, "Justin, I'm your future sister. I'm not a prude, you can talk to me about these kinds of things. You have to get it off your chest one way or another."

He frowned in hesitation, then tilted his head away from me as if he'd smelled something foul, "You're just a kid..."

That hit me harder than I imagined it would. I stared up at him, waiting for him to take that back, or at least apologize for being so god damn condescending, but nothing came. Bastard. I began to chop the onions with extreme and obvious vigor. I was angered by his words and I wasn't afraid for him to know it. As the minutes ticked silently by, I wondered if he was the stubborn type. The type that wouldn't apologize for anything regardless of how wrong he was. A kid. A kid. I'm just a kid. That one sentence had broken my heart right in two. That one sentence had just completely justified everything that I'd done up until that point. If I wanted Justin he could never know who I really was, because he already had his mind made up about who I really was just because I was a few years younger. It was enough to make a girl homicidal! I was homicidal, towards the okra and onions, anyway.

His voice suddenly filling the suffocatingly silent air startled me, "She was touching me..." He threw me a look, weighing my expression, clearly trying to decide whether or not I could handle this. I bit back the urge to ask him why he didn't just give me a fucking bib and a pacifier?! He licked his lips and stared intently into the large pot that was quickly growing with ingredients, "She was jacking me off on the side of Debby's Coffee and then she ran away. She just... ran..." He gazed off into space for a long moment, then looked down at me.

I couldn't respond only because I was shocked that he'd told me the truth. The actual truth. If he honestly looked at me like a child he would have never told me what he just told me. Right? I didn't know what to say, so I repeated him, "She just... ran?"

"She ran. Ran away." He nodded once, then shook his head.

"Well..." I tried to imagine how a normal person would respond to hearing something like that, and realized that Jess hadn't been so wrong for laughing as hard as she had. It was kind of funny. For a quick second I wondered where Jess was. She had to be smelling all the delicious smells wafting out of the kitchen by now so why hadn't she come out?

"Why would a woman do that?"

I watched Justin, closely. I wanted to answer him honestly, but I couldn't. So I said what I really believed, without including the whole truth, "Well, Justin, I'm sure that if a woman ran away from you and your penis... she probably had a damn good reason for doing so."

He dropped the wooden spoon into the pot, wiped his hands on a towel and threw it over his shoulder while coming to face me completely, "Like what?"

"Like..." I had no idea.

"Please, Nic, don't be shy, because I'm seriously at a loss. This is the second time that this woman has run out on me in two days and I... please. If you have any inkling... any theories, I'll take them with open arms."

"Well..."

"Don't be shy!"

"Um..."

"Any... theory... will do."

Okay, I was officially trying not to laugh, "Maybe she got her period and was embarrassed? Maybe your dick is so huge that she got scared? Maybe there was someone walking up behind you guys and she freaked out?" I bit my lip to shut myself up.

A wave of realization washed over his face, then doubt, then realization, again. "Fuck. You know what? My mom. I saw my mom and Vince walking into the coffee shop like five minutes later."

"Did they see your dick?"

"No. I put that away while I was chasing after KiKi."

"Is that her name?"

His eyes took on a glaze that made my entire body chill, "Yeah. God, that's it." He whispered. To my complete surprise, he leaned down and wrapped his arms around me, pulling my body to his. When he stood tall, he took me with him, bringing me up to my toes. After recovering from the initial surprise I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged back. Hey, I had no idea why he was doing this but, shit, when Justin Timberlake hugs you, you don't ask questions. You hug back and pray that it never ends. He moaned, softly, "Thank you, Nic." He pulled away, but held onto my arms, "She used to be a fan so she probably knows what my mom looks like. I bet she saw her and was embarrassed."

"Yeah." I nodded eagerly, rubbing his arms. Could we hug, again, please?!

"Jesus, I was so mad," He squeezed my arms as he said this, "You really are a genius, you know that?" He reached up to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. Then he froze.

My heart stopped.

"Is this a wig?" He asked, taking the strand he'd tried to tuck between his fingers. He inspected it, closely, leaning down to get a better look, then his eyes met mine. There was no suspicion in them, because I'd never given him a reason to suspect me of anything, just curiosity.

I came so close to lying. So very close. "Yes." I whispered. I knew that my eyes were full of shock, concern, but I tried to play it off. Thinking back on miserable childhood memories, (I had a ton of those) I attempted to conjure up some fake tears, and it worked, "When I was a child I acquired a... a very rare... scalp condition... and... my hair..." I weeped and covered my mouth, as if it were all too much to take. I turned away from his stunned face, keeping one hand over my mouth and leaning on the counter with the other. "Oh god!"

I could hear him sigh from behind me, "Oh, fuck, Nic, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I had no idea." He came around to face me and tried to wrap his arms around me. Just to maintain some credibility, I pretended to be too hurt to hug him and pushed him away. He wouldn't have it, clasping my arms and pulling me to him. I placed my hands on his chest in an attempt to push him away and we stayed that way, him pulling and me pushing, for far too long. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I was secretly beginning to enjoy it.

"No." I jammed my eyes shut and turned my head away from him, "No, it's too late. Even the five hundred dollar wigs aren't good enough. You'll never look at me the same, again, will you?"

"Nic." Justin seemed genuinely hurt by these words, and I wondered why I was taking it this far. What was I so desperate to pull out of him? He released one arm to hold the other with both hands and drew me to him. "I'll never look at you the same? Are you kidding me?"

The tone of his voice washed over me like warm milk and I slowly found myself allowing him to pull me, and he did just that, he pulled until my arm was around his waist. Then he grabbed my other arm and put that around his waist, as well. Ah, this was nice. This touching Justin Timberlake business was something I could definitely grow used to. His hand stroked the back of my wig and he cradled me against his chest. Fuck, he smelled good. His nipples were inches from me. I could see them, just above my eyebrows, poking against his black shirt. Mmmmm.

His chin rested against the top of my head, "I'm sorry. Shhhh. I'm sorry. I'm an asshole. I shouldn't have been so blunt." He pulled away and looked down into my eyes. Tenderly, he swept away my fake tears, appearing honestly distressed, "Nic, you could be black, green, fat, smelly... whatever. You had me. You have me. You're pretty much... pretty much my favorite person in the world, right now, you know? And you know what? You're probably right, I'll never look at you the same, again, because every minute that passes I find out another thing about you that I really like, and that I want to know more about. You're always changing in my eyes, for the better...."

The tears in my eyes were officially real, and I only realized that when one feel from my eye as I was staring up at him, and ran all the way down to the bottom of my chin. He wiped that tear, too, and lifted my head, lowering his own. I. Couldn't. Breath as his eyes slowly took in every inch of my face. I didn't know whether to be worried or enamored. How closely was he digesting my features as his eyes traveled from my lips, to my nose, lingering on my eyes? Was he picking up on the tiny similarities I had to the woman he'd just been with? Or was he seeing Nic? Only Nic? I couldn't imagine that if he was seeing Nic he would have the look in his eyes that he had at that moment.

"Don't lie." I said as another tear escaped my eyes. He caught that one at my cheek, brushing it away long after it was gone, "You would hate me if I was smelly." I sniffled.

"Yeah, more than likely. Yeah." He smiled widely, but it slowly fell. He hesitated, pressed his knuckle to my cheek, then shook his head, "No." He whispered, smiling so softly that I barely saw it. "You had me at melanin." He stroked my cheek, "Remember that?"

I nodded and, though pure instinct, my eyes fluttered shut. 

"Bitch, I thought you told me that you packed my..." My eyes popped open. Jess. My head snapped to the door of our room and I jumped away from Justin just as Jess croaked, "Mouthwash." Her eyes jumped from me to Justin. From Justin to me. Then back again. Her eyes landed back on me and her voice was high and squeaky, "Nicole, may I see you in our bedroom for a moment?" She turned and hurried away before I could answer.

I whirled toward Justin, who was adjusting his shirt, which was already perfectly ironed and didn't need adjusting. Our eyes met and he shrugged, "I can handle the gumbo for... a while." Then he turned away from me before I could answer.

Sheesh.

I hurried into Jess and my room, for the first time eager to get away from Justin, and closed the door after me. She was leaning against the headboard of my bed with her legs crossed at the ankles. Though she was cleaning her nails, her eyes were riveted to the door as I locked it behind me.

She gave me a moment, and when I didn't say anything, she sighed, "Oh! Please, allow me to begin. Um..." Her eyes narrowed, then landed back on mine, "What the fuck was that?"

I hurried over to the bed and climbed in next to her, eager for the closeness. I missed her. "We weren't doing anything. I was crying and he was comforting me."

"People who aren't doing anything don't jump away from each other when another person walks into the room, KiKi. Okay? People who aren't doing anything don't turn as red as that fucking man just turned out there."

"He turned red?" I asked, smiling.

"Are you serious?!" Jess picked up the nearest pillow and whacked me smack in the face. Hard.

I wasn't even mad at her. I needed that. "I don't know what I was thinking, Jess. I was out of my mind. When I look at Justin I forget my own name sometimes. I completely forgot that I was supposed to be his future step-sister Nic in that kitchen. All I knew was that I was completely attracted to him and wanted to kiss him. I wanted to kiss him."

"KiKi, you are my sister and I know you well. I know that you do not go in for a kiss unless you are getting a complete metaphorical green light from the man. You don't have the balls, otherwise."

"It's different with Justin."

"I highly doubt that. What kind of signals was he sending you in there?"

"None."

"So you came onto him without provocation?"

Why was she talking so fast? "No."

"He came onto you? Knowing that you're his seventeen year old future-step sister? Because if he did then this whole thing has been a colossal waste of time. You should have just stayed exactly as you were since the dude obviously has no problems fucking around with his future kin."

Oh my god, somebody shut her up. "He didn't come onto me, either. We were hugging, Jess. That's all. It was a sweet embrace that would appear intimate to the casual observer but it wasn't. Believe me, I've seen Justin when he is captivated by a woman--"

"He seemed pretty fucking captivated to me."

My eyes widened, then fluttered, "Really?"

She grabbed the same pillow and knocked the shit out of me. My entire body actually swayed.

I rolled my eyes, "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Freak." The look on her face was full of concern, like I'd just escaped from a mental ward.

"Seriously, though, Jess. I've seen Justin when he's turned on. The look on his face... his eyes, I know when he's hot for a woman and that out there..." I pointed to the kitchen, "That wasn't it."

She didn't say anything, but I could see my words had little to no impact on her or her opinions. As usual. "Can I ask why the two of you were hugging to begin with? Or do you have some bullshit excuse for that, as well?"

"He almost busted me, Jess. He asked me if my hair was a wig."

She gasped, and finally! An appropriate response. "Fuck." She hissed.

"Yeah, that's right, Jess. He asked me, flat out, is that a wig? So, I had to make something up really fast, so I told him I had a scalp condition and pretended to start crying about it. That's why he hugged me. Because he felt bad that he'd made his sister cry. Not because he was trying to get his jollys off, but because he's kind."

She stared at me, really stared, and for a long time. I could almost hear the minutes ticking away on the dainty watch she wore on her wrist. Her eyes danced through a series of contrasting tones from shock, to disbelief, to flat out confusion. Then her eyes met mine and the tinniest smile crossed her face before she grabbed her stomach, threw her head back and collapsed onto my lap with a wail of laughter that quickly grew into hysterics.

I really hated her sometimes.

With a little too much force, I shoved her head off of my lap, and it bounced onto the mattress a few times, never silencing my sister's thunderous roaring.

I rolled my eyes and tried to talk over her, "So, I'm going to go back out there before he realizes we're talking about him." She didn't respond and I mumbled, "Whore."

--

We finished the gumbo in silence. Complete silence. Only when Justin was pulling out two bowls did he finally speak to me. He looked down into the bowls, turned to me, and didn't say anything for a second. "Do you think Jess will want some?"

I squinted, "Eh, probably not. She's on that no carb, no sugar, no fat diet."

He closed the cabinet, "Wow. How's that working out for her?"

"It's only her second eating disorder of the month so it's a vast improvement from July."

"Yeah." He chuckled, "So... just you and me, then?" A moment of silence passed and he raised his eyes to mine.

I held his gaze, even though it was strange. Strange in all the right ways. "Actually all that taste testing has got me pretty full. I honestly don't think I can eat another bite at this point. Maybe later?"

He was running his finger around the edge of the pink bowl. My bowl, or so I assumed, since the other one was blue. "You sure?" He softly asked.

I nodded once, then again, since I couldn't think of anthing else to do, before motioning behind me, "I think I'm going to go scope out the game room. I didn't have a chance to do it earlier what with feeling like I was going to die and all..."

"Yeah, yeah." He smiled.

"I remember seeing an air hockey table in there and I am the air hockey, champ. We should play when you're done eating."

"Yeah, yeah." He said, again, and I realized it was a nervous habit of his. Again, I was baffled at what I could possibly be doing to make him nervous. Maybe my standing in front of him, shuffling my feet and 'aw shucks-ing' him into oblivion was what prompted him to fidget about the way he was now.

I turned away from him in a hurry and made my way across the cabin to the game room. Fuck. Why had I almost kissed him? What the fuck was I thinking? Where was my head?

That was the problem. I hadn't been thinking. I hadn't been of sound mind. I never would be of sound mind when I was within two feet of that man and that was what would make or break this entire trip. If I couldn't control myself around him when I needed to, how could I be trusted to control this entire situation on my own? With Jess too busy laughing me into oblivion I had absolutely no help. I coudn't carry all of this on my shoulders. It was way too much.

Then it hit me, just like that. Cindy Morenacca. My best friend since Ms. Story's kindergarden class where I'd mistaken her pink Barbie backpack for my hot pink Barbie backpack. God Cindy! I hadn't spoken to her in days, which was like a miracle with us. That girl was my other half and I knew she'd have my back until the day I died. Just thinking about her made my whole body swirl with longing. God I missed her. I wondered what she was doing at that very moment and how she would react when I told her that not only was Justin Timberlake about to be related to me but that I planned on christening that relation as frequently as possible before it happened. Man, that is so unholy.

I made my way into the game room and closed the door, strangely conforted by the buzzes, bangs and cartoon explosions that surrounded me. An ice hockey table sat in the middle of the large room and was practically screaming my name. Jess and I would definitely have to hit that later so I could kick her ass. Pin ball and video game machines were pushed up against every inch of the wall and at the far end of the room were shelves upon shelves of boardgames. If I wasn't mistaken, I was sure that every game in exisistence was up there, Connect Four and Scrabble being my all time favorites.

I took a seat on a couch at the far end of the room and flipped on the television. As an orange juice infomercial came blaring to life before me I took my phone out of my pocket so I could call my baby Cindy. The moment the phone was in the hand, however, the door to the game room opened. After being momentarily startled, I smiled when Justin stepped through, blue plate in hand.
He looked towards the ice hockey table, first, then towards the couch. When his eyes caught mine, he returned my smile, but lingered in the doorway.

"Hey." I spoke first, slamming my phone shut. Cindy would have to wait. "Is there something wrong with the gumbo?"

"No." He looked down into the bowl, "No." Then back up at me, "No, I just... I just don't like to eat alone. May I?"

When I realized he was motioning to the couch I visibly jolted, then proceeded to throw a bunch of pillows and cushions out of the way, "Of course, of course. I'm just watching infomercials."

He closed the door and made his way over, setting his bowl on the coffee table and taking a seat next to me on the couch. He was close, but not close enough. For a moment, he watched the television, leaning his elbows on his knees, taking a spoonful of gumbo every other minute.

While he ate and watched the infomercial, I watched him. Quietly, hoping that he wasn't aware.

Then he said it. "Nic, I understand that you used to be a big NSync fan, my mother told me all about it... and I think it's great. Don't get me wrong."

Oh god, what the hell was he about to say? He was about to say something to piss me off, I already knew it.

"But we have to be realistic here. You're my future sister. I'm your future brother. You're seventeen, I'm twenty-six." He sighed, deeply, studying his gumbo closely, "I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

When his eyes landed on me my entire body froze.

"Nic, I just need you to not come on to me, anymore. All right? I know it's hard, but... please. You can't do that. It puts me in a really awkward position."

Oh. My. God. I saw red. I saw red. I wanted to say a million and one things in response, that I hadn't come onto him in the kitchen, at all. And even if I had, I had merely been responding to the completely obvious signals that he'd been sending me. Was he seriously going to sit there and act like this was all one sided? Or was he honestly delusional enough to believe that it was? I sputtered, but no words came out.

"Okay?" He asked, his eyebrows knitted tightly together. "Deal?"

Before I could stop myself, I reached forward, threw my arm out and knocked his entire bowl of gumbo off the table. Justin's eyes followed the bowl as it flew, clear off, and sailed-- sailed across the room where it smashed against the side of the Ms. Pac Man machine and tumbled to the floor in musical shards. All over the coffee table and wood floors were thick coats of gumbo juice, veggies, sausage, shrimp, you name it. The silence that followed was suffocating.

Justin stared at the mess with a face that could only be described as staggered. He turned to look at me, but I hopped off of the couch and stormed out of the room before he could do that or even say another word to me.

I slammed the door shut when I left, too.

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that maybe knocking his food off of the table was a tad immature of me, but... I am only seventeen, after all. For the first time in my life, I might as well act my age, since it's what everyone else will reduce me to, anyway.

What Justin didn't know was that pissing me off was the last thing he wanted to do. I had a woman inside of me that he didn't know I had, a power. If he pushed me far enough, I could make his life a living nightmare.

Hell hath no fury like a KiKi scorned.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my... well, you know! :p

Incomplete
Tenille is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 27 members. Members who liked Water, Water Everywhere also liked 743 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jailbait interracial