Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope u guys enjoy the story. Feedback is much appercaited.
  Chapter 2 

I make it sound as though I have a real problem with taking this job. Actually I don’t, I just don’t like being pushed into anything and that’s exactly what I feel happened. As I am sitting at my desk going through all of this in my head my phone rings.

 

“Angelina Turner.”

 

“ Hey sweetie!” The sound of my mother’s chipper voice came through the phone.

 

“Hi mom.”

 

“ I was just calling to see how you were I haven’t talked to you in a few days and your sister told me you called while I was out last night.”

 

 I wasn’t really focused on the conversation at hand. I was still reeling over this tour and the fact that I wasn’t prepared for this.

 

“Yeah mom I just called to see how everything was going, but I’m a little busy at the moment. Can I call you later on today?”

 

“ Angie is something wrong?”

 

 I hate when my mom could sense these things.

 

“Mom I just have a lot of work to do.”

 

“ Angie you spend so much time working now a days we never see you anymore.”

 

 I sighed. Just then there was a knock on my office door.

 

“Mom hang on for a second. Come in.”

 

My secretary Jamie walked in and took a seat. I just laughed.

 

“It must be break time.” I say

 

“Yup and I’m curious to know why my boss had a meeting with her boss?” She smiled. “Are we moving up in the world?” She asked

 

“Not exactly. I’m taking over for Silas with his last client.” I say

 

Jamie’s smile only gets bigger. “Not Justin Timberlake?” She asks.

 

“The one and only.” I puff standing up to retrieve some papers.

 

“Oh wow lucky you. Getting to work with that sexy man!” She says and she looks like she is about to start daydreaming about all the things she could do to him.

 

“Um hello earth to Jamie!” I say snapping her out of her daze. “I think you should get back to work.” I laugh

 

“Oh fine ruin my day dream!” She huffs while heading back to her desk.

 

I just laughed at her while I sit back down at my desk and started looking through the papers I had just picked up when I looked over to see that the hold light was blinking and remembered that I put my mother on hold. I quickly picked up the phone.

 

“Mom I am so sorry!”

 

“It’s fine dear, I know you lead such a busy life being you and all.”

 

 I could hear the sarcasm dripping from her voice.

 

“Now you know where I get the sarcasm thing from mom. Listen I just got a new assignment and I have a lot of work to do so I’m gonna talk to you later on.”

 

“ Of course dear that’s what we do best talk later.”

 

 I sighed. “Look mom how bout I drive up to Jersey this weekend and me, you and Renee can hang out. No work stuff involved.”

 

 I could hear the smile already forming on my mothers face. “Oh sweetie that would be wonderful!”

 

“ Great I’ll drive up there after work Friday.”

 

“ Okay sweetie I’ll see you then. Love you.”

 

“ Love you too mom.” With that we hung up.

 

The thought occurred to me that this would more than likely be my last couple of weeks in the office and there was so much that needed to be done. I don’t so much mind going out on tour with artist it’s just usually I have such an advance in notice that it’s no biggie, but Justin’s tour starts in 2 weeks and I know I have to meet with him and his team.

  Two days later 

“Can’t I just do a conference call instead?” Justin asked his best friend while pulling the covers back over his head.

 

“No you have to be at this meeting just like everyone else does J.”

 

“But why? I can meet the new PR when the tour starts.”

 

Trace went into Justin’s bedroom and yanked the covers off him.

 

“Dude would you stop being such a baby and get your ass up! You can sleep on the way back to LA later.”

 

Justin finally got up and dragged his self to the bathroom for a wake me up shower.

 

15 minutes later he was standing in the middle of the room trying to figure out what to wear. “I still don’t see why I couldn’t just meet him or her when the tour starts. What is so important that I have to be at this meeting?” Justin asked.

 

“You know what J? I feel the same way when I have to drag my ass outta bed and do work for your scrawny ass.” Trace yells.

 

“Whatever I’m dressed can we just get going so I can finally get some much needed sleep?”

 

Trace just laughed at him. “Nobody told you to party all damn night.”

 

Justin just glared at Trace. “Fuck you. I’m not in the mood.”

 

They quietly made there way to the car that was waiting so they could head to the meeting.

 

Meanwhile…..

 

I sat in my office going over some last minute things before the meeting with Justin and his people. While in the process of doing this of course my phone rings.

“Angelina Turner” I answered.

 

“Angie is it true? You’re actually coming home this weekend!”

 

I couldn’t do anything but laugh at my sister. You would swear she was a little kid, but in fact she is 16.

 

“Yes Renee, I’m coming home this weekend”

 

“Oh this is gonna be so awesome. You haven’t been up here in like I don’t know when  and I miss you so much and I have so much to tell you and…”

 

If I hadn’t finally said something right now she would have gone on for hours.

 

“Renee while I am sure you have loads to tell me I have a meeting I have to get to like now so let me talk to you this weekend babe.”

 

She took a huge puff. I knew she didn’t want to get off the phone with me, but she did cause it was for work. I finally got up and made my way to the bored room.

 

“I still don’t know why you couldn’t just come with Johnny and be done with this whole thing. I mean Jive already hired this person right?” Justin asked stepping off the elevator.

 

Trace laughed and looked at him. “Dude why don’t you just stop bitching. You’re already here so what difference does it make?”

 

Justin rolled his eyes and followed his people down to the office they were instructed to go to. Once in the bored room Justin spotted a women around his age as well as Mr. Weiss sitting at the head of the table and a couple of other people who he wasn’t sure what there reason was for being there.

 

 “Ah Justin so glad you could make it.” Mr. Weiss said.

 

Justin just plastered his meeting smile on his face. He could think of a few other places he would rather be than at this meeting. But Trace was not letting him out of it at all so here he was stuck.

 

The meeting got under way and Justin soon found that the young woman who he had first seen when he walked into the room was in fact his new PR. She looked rather familiar to him but he couldn’t place where she was from. In this business you meet so many different people and if she worked at Jive there was a good chance that he had seen her around here.

 

Once the meeting was over he and Trace had some time to grab some food before they headed to the airport and the thought occurred to Justin to invite Angelina to lunch.

 

“So Angelina would you like to join us for lunch?” Justin asked.

 

I looked up caught off guard. Does he normally invite his employees to lunch? Did he do this when he first meet Silas? I guess because it took so long for me to respond he broke my thoughts by speaking.

 

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” He laughed. “I just thought it would be a good idea to start to get to know each other a little better seeing as how we’ll be around each other everyday for 6 months.”

 

I laughed a little myself. “I’m sorry. Yea that’s fine let me just go grab my purse out of my office and I’ll meet you by the elevators. Is that ok?”

 

“Yea that’s fine.” Justin stated

 

And with that I left him and Trace while I went back to my office.

 

“She’s hot!” Trace stated

 

“Dude you very much have a fiancé.” Justin stated.

 

“Just cuz I have a very beautiful woman at home does not mean I can’t appreciate another very beautiful woman when I see her. Don’t try and act like you didn’t look at her ass when she walked outta here!” Trace tried to defend

 

“I didn’t look at her ass!” Justin exclaimed.

 

“You’re such a fucking liar! Just cuz you have Cameron doesn’t mean you can’t look. Besides it’s the equivalent of noticing some of the famous woman you have crushes on.” Trace laughs.

 

Justin just laughed. “Ok fine man maybe I did look at her ass.” He relented as they walked to the elevators.

 

“Hey Jamie I’m going out to lunch. I should be back in about an hour or so.”

 

“Ok.” She says giving me a knowing smile.

 

I just rolled my eyes and walked toward where I saw Trace and Justin. I just smiled at them. They look like two little boys up to no good. This is what I’m gonna be dealing with for the next six months? Oh this is gonna be fun.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story