I didn't even realize I had dozed off until I heard a loud knock at the door. I looked over at the clock and realized it was 2 in the morning. I let whoever's at the door know that I'm coming. I sluggishly get out of bed and make my way to the door.

 

"Who is it?" I ask

 

"It's me." I hear a voice say.

Even in my sleep I know that voice. I sleepily open the door to let him in. "I'm sorry it's so late. Did I wake you?" Justin asks

 

"Yea, but it's fine." I say closing the door. "I actually thought that you would be here a lot sooner than this. I didn't even realize that I had fallen asleep." I say walking back to my bed. I hear Justin following me.

 

"Are you angry with me because I didn't come earlier?" He asks.

 

"No I'm not. Is there any reason why I should be?" I ask taking a seat. 

 

Justin takes a seat in a chair opposite the bed. "No I don't think you should be." He says rubbing his face. "Why did you leave the show early?" He asks

 

I sigh. "Because I needed sometime alone before we finished this conversation. I'm sorry if I upset you or anything." I say honestly.

 

"I'm not upset. I was just surprised that you left that's all. I wasn't sure if you wanted to even finish this conversation tonight because you left. I wasn't going to come down here at all, but I felt like I wouldn't be able to rest until I talked to you." He says.

 

I shake my head slowly. "So what is it exactly that you do feel bad about?" I ask going right back into things.

 

"I just want to say that I really do care about you, so don't think any differently on that please." He says in a pledging voice.

 

"Ok" I say slowly

 

"I felt bad because I was too much of a coward to break things off with Cameron sooner. Before you even came into the picture I knew that I should end things with her. I saw her caring way more than I did and I didn't want to hurt her even though I knew that the longer I stayed with her the worse things would get. Then I met you and I wasn't expecting to feel things for you, but I did and I basically used the friendship that we developed as a scape goat." He says

 

When I don't say anything he continues talking.

 

"Tink I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for the way I treated you when she was around. I'm sorry for the way she disrespected you. Hell even the way I disrespected you. I never meant for anything like this to happen. I don't regret having feelings for you but I regret the way it played out and the fact that you may have been hurt." He says

 

I'm still quiet. I don't even know what to say to that. I mean should I be upset about it? I guess in some ways I should be but I don't think I'm upset. I see that Justin is getting ready to open his mouth again to say something so I hold up my hand as a way to shh him.

 

"I'm glad you were honest about this. A part of me feels like I should be angry, but I'm not. I'm not sure I know how I feel exactly." I say still lost in the moment.

 

"Maybe I should go." Justin says getting up and heading to the door.

 

"Is that what you really want to do?" I ask

 

He turns and looks at me. He sighs before he says a word. "I want to be here with you." Is all he says.

 

"So stay."

 

 

 

Justin lays there just watching Angelina sleep. It was 5:30 in the morning and he still hadn't been to sleep. He just didn't feel at peace with himself. Even though he had said everything that he wanted to say to Angelina something still didn't feel right. He thought maybe it was the fact that even though she wasn't angry with him he still wanted her forgiveness.

 

Luckily for him there was no show today or anything work related to do so perhaps somewhere in the course of the day he would be able to get the sleep he was missing now. Justin wasn't sure why but he just needed to talk to someone. He wasn't dare about to wake Angelina up. They talked for 2 hours before she finally fell back to sleep and he didn't really wanna bother Trace because that would involve bothering Elisha and he didn't want to do that either so he took his cell phone out of his pocket and walked to the balcony to call his mom. After 4 rings she answered the phone.

 

"Is everything ok baby?" Lynn asked in a concerned tone.

 

Justin sighed. "Ma I feel like I made a really big mistake."

 

"What happened?" She asked now fully awake.

 

"I told Angelina that I kinda used her as a way to break up with Cameron. That's not to say that I didn't or don't like her it's just that I knew things weren't going well with us and instead of breaking it off I kept things up with her. Then Angelina came into the picture and she was just so wonderful and fun and I just shared this connection with her."

 

Lynn sighed on the other line. "Have you told Angelina this?" She asked.

 

"Yeah I did."

 

"And what did she say." Lynn asked

 

"Surprisingly not much. She wasn't mad at me or at least she told me she wasn't. After I told her we mostly talked about how I was feeling and basically it was all about me. Mom I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose her. I mean I know that she won't just up and leave until her job is done, but I don't think I would be able to take it if I ruined a really great friendship and the possibility to be with her."

 

Lynn was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. "Well Justin you shouldn't think the worst just yet. She hasn't said anything about it yet. Maybe she just needs a little time to sort out her feelings. However you can't blame her if she doesn't want to continue to be friends with you anymore because no one likes to be used or even feel used." Lynn replies.

 

"I guess that's my own fault and I would have to live with it, but I wouldn't want to." Justin says

 

"I know baby, but this is one of those things that no matter what happens you do have to deal with the consequences wither it be good or bad. But give her sometime I'm sure she'll talk to you."

 

"Thanks for listening mom. I'm sorry if I woke you up." Justin says

 

"It's fine you know you can always call me no matter what time." Lynn says with a smile on her face.

 

"I'll talk to you later ma. Love you."

 

"Love you too Justin, and try and get some rest." Lynn laughs before hanging up.

 

Justin looked at his phone and smiled. Leave it to his mother to always know when something is going on with him. He put his phone back in his pocket and continued to stand on the balcony just watching the sunrise. His mother was right there was really nothing he could do other than wait for Angelina to talk to him and he couldn't force her to talk no matter how bad he was feeling.

 

 

I'm awaken to the feel of a nice breeze across my face. Or at least I think I'm awake. I don't remember having the air on or a window open. Finally I mange to open my eyes and I notice that the space next to me is empty. I remember falling asleep with someone. I know this fucker didn't spill his guts and then run cuz he doesn't want to deal with the aftermath of what he did.

 

I look around the room and I notice that Justin's shoes are still near the chair, which means he couldn't have gone far because he's not going to leave his shoes. I then notice that the balcony door is open so I figure maybe he's out there. I get up and head to the bathroom to use it and wash my face. When I'm done I see that he is still out there so I head to the doors. I stand there for a moment noticing how lost in thought Justin seems.

 

"Penny for your thoughts." I say quietly

 

He turns around to look at me and smiles slightly. "You know dollars could make you richer right now." He laughs

 

I walk over to him and lay my head on his shoulder while we look out at the city. "I thought you ran out on me." I say

 

I can feel his head turn. "I couldn't do that, but I didn't want to wake you so I just came out here for a while. Try to clear my head some." He says

 

"I thought you got everything you were thinking about out last night while we were talking." I ask lifting my head up to look at him.

 

"I did tell you everything I was thinking about. That doesn't mean that I'm not still worried about what you're thinking." He turns and looks me in the eyes. "I'm scared that even though you say I didn't make you angry there is a chance that I hurt you and that hurt could lead to us not being able to start a relationship if you choose or worse we wouldn't be friends anymore." He says sounding really scared.

 

I sigh. "Look Justin I'm really not upset and we're still friends. Yeah I think you handled the situation wrong because you knew you were feeling a certain way and you were too much of a chicken to get out of it on your own. You took the easy way out to some extent because I'm not going to say it was completely easy to break up with her, but you used me as an excuse and that's not cool."

 

Justin cuts me off before I can say anything else. "I know what I did and I'm so sorry..."

 

I stand on my tippy toes and place a soft gentle kiss on his lips to shut him up. When I pull back I can tell he doesn't know what to say or do so I use this to my advantage.

 

"I know you're sorry. I know you feel bad about what happened. I forgive you ok. We're fine. I just didn't know what to say to you when you told me all this last night." I say

 

I hear him take a huge breath. "We're really cool?" He asks afraid that this is some joke or something.

 

I laugh. "Yes Randy we're fine. I don't go around kissing people I have beef with." I smile.

 

Justin reaches over and embraces me in a tight hug. "I swear I will never do anything like that again. I am so sorry." He says hugging me tight.

 

"Please stop apologizing." I laugh

 

Justin pulls away from me and looks me in my eyes again. "Hey how about we spend the whole afternoon in the back of the bus just you and me." He suggests.

 

"I'd like that. Are you all packed?" I asked seeing as we're leaving in a few hours.

 

"Yea. You?" Justin asks.

 

"Yup. You wanna go get your stuff out your room and bring it down here? We could have breakfast in here and maybe take a shower together?" I ask.

 

Justin raises an eyebrow. "Are you suggesting something Tink?" He laughs.

 

"Yea I am. I'm suggesting we take a shower together. Nothing more. Nothing hidden." I say and I look at him to let him know that I really mean it.

 

He smiles at me and shakes his head yes before he says anything. "That sounds like a good idea. I'll be right back.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story