The limo ride to the restaurant was a very uneventful one. There wasn’t much talking at all. Once at the restaurant however that was a different story. I don’t think it was done to try and impress me or anything but we were all lead to a table that was way off in the back sorta hidden from view. I’m fully aware of how hard it is for people like Justin to go out to eat or do anything. After we are all seated we start a bit of small talk.

 

“So how long have you been working at Jive?” Trace asked

 

“ I just started with Jive about 4 months ago, but I’ve been a PR for 3 years.” I say putting the glass of water I was drinking from down.

 

I can feel Justin looking at me. “Are you like one of those really shy girls or something? You know the one that doesn’t really feel comfortable around people and shit?” He laughs.

 

“Oh I’m very much a people person other wise I would most defiantly be in the wrong business. I’m just very observant when I meet new people. So I come off as quiet.” I say smiling. “I’m sure that you don’t just jump and give away all your personal life Mr. Timberlake.” I smile again

 

He laughs. “What personal life? If you haven’t noticed mine is pretty much plastered all over tabloids.”

 

I put my water down again. “Ah while that is very true that your life more than most of the time is in the papers not every part of it is. I’m sure I haven’t read anything about your sex life with Cameron Diaz.” I say eyeing him to see his reaction. Trace however choked on his water laughing at my comment.

 

Justin eyed me very strangely. I can usually tell what people are thinking or feeling after I say something like that. But Justin seems to be hard to read. Finally he opens his mouth to say something.

 

“Are you always this sarcastic and feisty?” He asks

 

“Most of the time. You can blame my mother though.” I say still eyeing him. I think I may have hit some nerve with him but he looks like he won’t let it bother him.

 

“I’ll make a mental note to let her know how her daughter represent her.” He says with a hint of sarcasm right back.

 

“I hope I didn’t offended you or anything. Don’t think I’m one of those people who think you asked to have your personal life invaded because of what you do. On the contrary I think the media is a pain in the ass about that kind of thing.  I just wanted to see what type of skin you have. Silas said you were pretty thick skinned though.” I say

 

Justin looks at me curiously. “You know Silas?” He asks me

 

“Yes I know him very well.” I answer as our food is brought to us.

 

Trace is the first to speak after the waiter walks away. “ Hey maybe that’s why she looks familiar.”

 

Justin looked up at Trace surprised. He hadn’t said anything to Trace about thinking Angelina looked familiar. However he just smiled.

 

“Yea I meet you guys once before at an after party for an awards show. Silas and I are good friends.”

 

“How long have you know him?” Justin asked.

 

After swallowing a bite of food I answered. “About 5 years. I meet him while I was still in college. He helped me get a job in this business.”

 

Justin found that maybe it wasn’t going to be so bad being around this girl if she was friends with Silas then he was sure they would be able to get along just fine. After lunch was over Angelina headed back to her office while Justin and Trace made there way to the airport.

 

“I like her man.” Trace says

 

“Yea she seems pretty cool.” Justin says a little distracted.

 

“Dude I thought you were gonna lose it when she made that comment about you and Cam!” Trace said smiling again

 

Justin turned and glared at him a little. “I don’t know why but it didn’t piss me off that much when she said it.”

 

They continued their conversation all the way to the airport.

   

Back at Angelina’s office 

“So how was lunch with Justin Timberlake?” Jamie asked taking a set

 

Angelina looked up a little surprised to see Jamie sitting in front of her

 

“It was fun, but don’t you have work you should be doing?” I smiled

 

“Actually I’m done with everything you asked me to do and don’t give me something so I can’t get details.” She said.

 

I just laughed. “You know I have a lot to take care of before I leave and it would be nice if my secretary would help me out.”

 

“Oh don’t even try that Lina you know I’m here and if there is something important you need done I’m on it, but lets face it you don’t have anything that you need done right at this very moment.”

 

I look at Jamie and it amuses me that she is so hell bent on details about this damn lunch outing. “What’s your obsession with Justin Timberlake?” I ask

 

“I don’t have an obsession with him I just like his music and he is a decent actor. I just wanna know what he’s like. Is that so wrong?”

 

“Are you really trying to make me feel guilty?” I ask.

 

“No I’m not!” She says sounding shocked that I would suggest something of the sort.

 

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions. He’s really down to earth and nice. What I’ve seen of him. Ask me my opinion of him in 6 months and I’ll let you know how I feel.” I say noticing I have a call.  “Angelina Turner” I say

 

“You could have called and told me you went ahead and took the job instead of having me worry about the whole thing.” Silas said

 

“Oh hey Si I went ahead and took the job not that I had much of choice seeing as you called my damn boss.” I say

 

Jamie exited my office noticing that I needed sometime to talk to Silas.

 

“Ok I’m sorry I should have just let you make the decision all on your own but I was worried you wouldn’t do it.” He says.

 

I roll my eyes. “Yea whatever.” I answer.

 

“Justin said you guys had lunch today.”

 

“We did is that ok?” I ask a little annoyed

 

“Come on Angie don’t be mad at me! I hate when you have an attitude with me.”

 

“Well lets never push Angie into a corner like that again shall we.” I say

 

I hear Silas sigh on the other end. “I promise I won’t.”

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story