Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm glad you guys are still enjoying the story. I just realized that I made 2 chapter 34s and this is going to be a long chapter just so you know. Hope you guys like!!

It had been a week since Angelina had been back. Things were going just fine even the growing relationship between Angie and Justin was going good. However Justin had to admit he wish they would share a room again at least so they could have sometime to be a little more affectionate than they had been. Yeah they kissed and held hands they even cuddled, but it seemed to Justin that he was getting more action when they weren’t together. Although he didn’t want to say anything to Angelina about this and make her upset. They had been getting along so well but Justin didn’t really know what to think. While Justin was deep in thought Angelina had walked into the room talking on her cell phone.

 

“Yea well what did you expect of him? I already told you that he told me he didn’t want a relationship.” Angie said sitting on the couch next to Justin. “Ok look I need to go because I promised my boyfriend I would watch a movie with him.”  Angie said while smiling.

 

Justin had to smile at that. He liked the thought of being her boyfriend. Tonight Justin had no show and they thought it would be good to just stay in and not deal with the fans or the club scene or any of that celebrity stuff. As Angie got off the phone Justin actually noticed the DVD’s she had in her hand.

 

“You like James Bond?” Justin asked a little surprised although he wasn’t sure why.

 

“I never really watched any of them but Mia told me this one was good so I picked it up. I didn’t think you wanted me to get some chick flick.” She laughed.

 

“It wouldn’t have mattered I just wanted to spend sometime alone with you. I really missed you while you were still at home.”

 

Angie leaned up to kiss him. “I missed you to.”

 

Just as the movie ended Angelina’s cell phone rang and she saw that it was Renee so she cut the movie off and answered the phone. Justin watched her intently for a moment when he knew that something was wrong.

  

I’ve defiantly heard as well as used the expression that you finally grew some balls. But trust you me with this situation somebody was growing some huge balls! Renee called to inform me that about 20 minutes ago Toni arrived at my mother’s doorstep wanting to talk to her. Renee said she snuck downstairs to make sure that Mom hadn’t killed Toni. She was surprised to find that they were sitting at the table drinking coffee and talking calmly. What fucking world have I morphed into? I stayed on the phone with Renee for about an hour and Toni was still there when we got off the phone. She told me that she would call the second she found out anything.

 

I went back out into the bedroom area and saw that Justin had fallen asleep. I looked at him for a moment and felt really bad about the fact that I was suppose to be spending time with him and I ended up on the phone with my sister for about an hour or so. I turned off the TV and crept in the bed so as not to wake Justin. I lay there for a while just staring at the ceiling wondering what possessed Toni to go see my mother. For that matter what made my mother actually talk to her?

 

Next Day…. 

Justin has a TV interview this morning so we didn’t really get a chance to talk. Not that I really want to tell him what’s going on because even I’m not completely sure. Further more conveniently no one not even my sister is answering their phone. Elisha slid in the sit next to me as I hang up from trying to call my mother for the umpteenth time.

 

“What’s going on with you hun?” She asks a little worried.

 

I take a breath before I answer her. “My sister called me last night to tell me that Toni and my mother were talking. I have no idea about what and no one is answering my calls which is really driving me crazy.”

 

Elisha looks a little perplexed for a moment. “Wait didn’t you say your mom isn’t all that fond of Toni anymore?”

 

“Yea” I answer.

 

“So why talk to her?”  She asks

 

“I have no idea.” I say as Justin and Trace walk up to us.

 

“Hey we need to get to the venue soon.” Trace says looking at his phone.

 

We all get up to head to the cars. Justin is lagging a little behind and he pulls me back toward him. I’m not sure if he wants to talk or if he just wants me near him.

 

“What’s going on?” He asks

 

I look at him a moment deciding if I want to tell the truth or lie. But then again nothing good ever came from lying in situations like this. So I tell him what’s going on. When I’m done I can’t really tell what he’s thinking. He’s so quite and he’s not even looking at me.

 

“Do you care why?” He suddenly asks.

 

“Do I care why what?”

 

“Do you care why Toni was talking to your mother?” He asks more clearly.

 

I’m not sure how I should feel in that moment. I take a deep breath before I answer. “Yea I kinda do care.”

 

“Why” He asks

 

“What do you mean why? My mother was so upset with Toni that she told me the next time she saw her she would strangle her on spot. So yea I would like to know what they could possibly be talking about.” I say

 

Justin turns back to looking out the window and doesn’t say anything else. Is he mad at me because I want to know what’s going on? That can’t be. So I bite the bullet and ask.

 

“Are you mad at me about this or something?” I ask

 

“Or something.” He answers

 

“Are you kidding me? What the hell are you upset about?” I ask

 

He turns and kinda glares at me. It’s a look I’ve never seen Justin give me before. “I don’t understand why you’re so concerned about this whole thing. So what if Toni went to go see your mother. It doesn’t concern you.” He says.

 

“What do you mean it doesn’t concern me?” I ask a little offended.

 

“Don’t you think you should be more concerned about the relationship we have going on here? You left me last night to go play secret spy with your sister. You’ve been gone for about 3 or 4 weeks and all that time you were basically with Toni so if you were so concerned about her why didn’t you stay your ass at home?” He asks

  

I am completely taken aback. 1st off Justin has never cursed at me. 2nd this doesn’t seem anything like him and 3rd I’m not sure if I want to smack him or just plan get away from him. Either way I still have about 10 more minutes to stay in the car with him. This is already an argument and depending on what I say it could get a whole lot worse. So really I’m trying to choose my words carefully.

 

“Lets get something clear right now Mr. Timberlake. I have never cursed at you like that so don’t do it to me. 2nd I care about what’s going on in our relationship but if you don’t find a better way to talk to me you will be minus a girlfriend. 3rd I didn’t spend all my time with Toni while I was at home and it’s not so much her I am concerned about more so than my mother hurting her. So get your panties out a bunch.”

 

The rest of the ride was silent. This is our 1st fight as a couple and it’s over this stupid shit. When we finally pull up to the venue Justin hops out the car as fast as he can with Tiny trying to get him to wait. I just sit there a shake my head for a moment. Oh what a day this is going to be.

 

I made it a point to steer clear of Justin. The show starts in about an hour and Justin goes on in about 2 hrs I hear somebody walk up behind me. As I turn I see its Trace.

 

“Hey Angie you have somebody here to see you.” Trace says.

 

I look very perplexed. “Who” Was all I could ask.

 

“They’re waiting for you in the dancers dressing room.”

 

When people don’t really answer your questions it never seems to be a good sign. As I’m making my way to the dressing room I have a pretty good idea I know who it is and all I’m thinking is why me and I don’t need this shit right now. As I walk in it doesn’t surprise me to see Toni sitting in a chair waiting on me with white roses and calla lilies.

 

“Why?” Was all I could get out.

 

“I needed to see you and tell you this face to face. I went to talk to your mother…..” She said before I cut her off.

 

“I heard, but you couldn’t wait till I came home?” I ask

 

“No I couldn’t. I know the last time we talked wasn’t exactly a very nice conversation and I apologize for that. Angi and I really do love you and I just want to be with you. I’m sick of going back and forth with you. I just want another chance. I know you’re scared that I’m going to hurt you again but I know what I want and that’s you.”

 

As if straight out of a movie Justin walks in. “Well I highly doubt MY GIRLFRIEND is going to give you another chance.” He says closing the door.

 

I turn to face Justin. “J will you please let me handle this?”

 

“Your girlfriend? Don’t you think your being a little presumptuous? Toni asked

 

Justin looks at me. “Aww baby you didn’t tell her? We’re together now.” Justin smiles almost bitterly.

 

He’s really starting to piss me off. “Justin stop it!” I say

 

“Angi is this true?” Toni asks.

 

Before I even have the chance to answer Justin is talking shit. All that does is piss Toni off and they start to go at it. I’m trying to calm the both of them down but to no avail. Finally I get Trace in there to help me. I step between the 2 of them and finally get them to stop bitching and pay attention to me.

 

“Justin you have a show to get ready for. I think you need to go with Trace. Toni I think you need to leave period.” I say

 

“But…” Toni tries to say.

 

“No buts you need to leave and you need to finish getting ready.” I say in a firm voice.

 

As they both make there way out I take a deep breath and Elisha soon comes in.

“Hey are you alright?” she asks

 

“No I’m not. As a matter of fact I’m going back to the hotel. I’ll see you later I say as I walk out the door.

  

Justin was fuming how was he supposed to just let that go? Further more it was like she was scared to tell Toni the truth. Was she just using him? He wasn’t sure but he knew at the moment he was beyond pissed and he still had an entire show to do.

 

Not surprising to anybody Justin managed to let his fans get him in a better mood and have a great show but some of his anger returned when he found out that Angelina had left before the show even begin. As they made there way back to the hotel Justin had some time to think about his actions. On the one hand he was worried about if Angi was using him but then on the other hand why would she have come back and want to work on a relationship with him if she still wanted to be with Toni.

 

Justin started thinking that maybe her having sex with Toni was bothering him more than he thought. He just didn’t know what to do about it. It wasn’t like he hadn’t gotten laid recently but the person he wanted to make love to hadn’t been the one he was with.  As they pulled up to the hotel Justin knew he needed to go and talk to Angelina.

 

Once in front of her door he knocked kinda softly. He didn’t want her to know that he was still a little upset. After a few minutes there was still no answer so Justin tried calling but there was no answer that way either. Getting frustrated Justin went down to Trace and Elisha’s room. When Elisha answered the door Justin just started grilling her.

 

“Are you sure Angelina said she was coming back here?” He asked

 

Elisha just sighed. “Yes Justin I’m sure. Did you ever stop to think that maybe she doesn’t want to talk to you? You and Toni did give her a hard time. This isn’t the kind of situation anyone wants to be in.” She answers back

 

Justin just sighs. “So what now I’m just completely wrong now?”

 

“I didn’t say you were wrong. You have a valid point being concerned about the situation, but you should have come to Angi in a better way. This isn’t easy for her either.” Elisha says.

 

Justin doesn’t say anything else he just turns and walks down to his room to try and relax.

  

I know that avoiding Justin isn’t the answer to my problem but I just don’t know that I’m ready to talk to him. He and Toni both have been trying to talk to me. Toni called by the time she got back to the car she rented saying we needed to talk. The only person I really wanted to talk to I haven’t gotten the courage to call because I didn’t know what to say with out snapping out.

 

Finally after laying in bed for what seems like days I reach over and grab my cell and call my mothers house. After 3 rings my mother answers the phone.

 

“Hello?” She says

 

“Hello, I figured you would answer the phone by now. Did you take Renee’s phone from her?” I asked calmly

 

I hear my mother take a deep sigh. “Angi hun…” She starts but I cut her off feeling my anger start to rise.

 

“You know what mom I would rather just talk to Renee and maybe when I’ve calmed down we can talk.” I say as calmly as I can

 

I hear some movement before I hear my mother call for Renee to pick up the phone.

 

“Hello?” She says with a hopeful voice.

 

“Hey it’s me.” I say

 

“Oh Angi I tried….” She starts off but I cut her off before she starts babbling.

 

“I had a feeling you tried to call. When I called your cell phone and you didn’t answer and it took you too long to call back I was sure that mom had taken your phone and wouldn’t let you have any phone calls for fear of giving me a heads up.” I said.

 

“Yea. She told me Toni had come over to apologize for everything that had happened before and that she really missed coming over and things like that. Mom said that people do deserve a second chance and that it was up to you if you were ready to give her one but she had forgiven her for the past.” Renee said.

 

“What about you? Do you forgive her?” I asked.

 

Renee was quiet for a moment. “I don’t know. I mean I can understand she didn’t cheat, but she still broke your heart.” Renee says.

 

“Yea.” I say in a small voice. “I came here thinking that ok I need to try and get over her because I started feeling like maybe I was just holding on to the past and what we use to have as well as what I wanted us to have. Now I’ve been dating Justin and seeing all these new opportunities to be happy with someone again and here comes Toni. It’s just so frustrating!” I say

 

Renee sighs. “Angie do you still love her?” She asks

 

I think on that for a moment. Suddenly the picture of Toni and I having sex in her office enters my mind and all I can think of is how much it felt like sex. Like I just really needed to get off because it had been so long. But more than anything the immense amount of guilt I felt when it was over. It hit me just as I was buttoning my shirt back up and I wanted to cry right then and there.

 

“I still love her and I always will I just don’t think I’m in love with her anymore and if I am then it’s not as strong.” I answer

 

“Do you love Justin?” She asks with a hint of a smile.

 

“I don’t know that I love Justin yet, but I know I feel something very strong for him that could be growing into love and I don’t want to take the chance of letting it go and go back to Toni hoping that things will be the way I wanted them to be only for them to be worse.” I say

 

Sitting here talking to my sister just reminds me how much she is growing up and how close we are. Further more how I can talk to her just as easily as if I was talking to Mia or Derek. She helped me calm down enough to talk to my mother. Between the two of them I was on the phone for about 2 and a half hrs. It was well after 2 in the morning when I got off the phone with them. I was so exhausted I didn’t even have the energy to change into my pajamas let alone try and go work things out with Justin or call Toni. So I turned over and went to sleep.

 

I was awaken at 7:30am by the hotel phone. I could have sworn that I didn’t have to be up for another hr. When I answered it was only to be met by Toni’s voice.

 

“I didn’t really think you would have answered your phone if you saw it was me. At least this way I would have a chance.” She says

 

I laugh a little as I sit up in bed. “You actually would have had a chance. I’m not as pissed as I was last night.” I say

 

“Does that mean you’re still pissed?” She asks.

 

“No I’m not. What’s up?” I ask

 

“Can we go to breakfast and talk?” She asks.

 

I think about that for a moment. “You know what that maybe a good idea right now. Meet me in the lobby of The Fairmont in 30 minutes ok?”

 

“Cool” She says before we hang up

 

I get up and shower get dressed for work and head downstairs with my stuff so I can just leave from the restaurant when we’re done. When I get off the elevator I see Toni waiting on me near the bathrooms.

 

“Hey” I say walking up to.

 

“Hey. So where we going?” She asks

 

“I was thinking we could stay here and go to the restaurant in the hotel. A lot more convenient.” I answer.

 

We make our way over to the restaurant and are seated. After the waitress takes our order we settle into a small talk conversation. But once our food arrives it seems like all the words start to flow.

 

“So you went ahead and got with Justin?” She asks.

 

“Yes.” Was all I said.

 

Toni was quiet for a while. “So that’s it? I mean you’ve made your choice seriously?”

 

I look at Toni for a moment wanting to laugh. “Do you know how long I waited for you to tell me you were wrong and that you really wanted to be with me? That you wanted me to be your everything. Now that someone else is on the scene you show up and expect me to drop all of it for you. How fair is that? You told me you needed to see what else was out there for you because you weren’t ready to settle down. Now I need to see if Justin is what I really want, because I refuse to sit and wonder what if. If you and I are meant to be then we will find our way again.” I say taking a sip of my coffee.

 

Toni looks at me for a moment then she takes a deep breath. “I can’t say that I’m happy about the situation. I can’t act like I don’t want another chance, but you’re right you deserve to get what makes you happy and if that’s not me right now then I can step aside. But I know you and I belong together.” She says before she leaves some cash and walks away from the table.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story