Author's Chapter Notes:
Just for the record it is not that easy to get rid of Toni!! All the way up to the end. :-)

Justin paced back in forth in his suite. He felt pissed but at the same time he was upset with himself.  He decided that after everything that had happened last night he would give Angie sometime to cool off.  He thought that he could try and talk to her before his interview this morning but when he went down to her room she didn’t answer.

 

After a few more moments of pacing there was a knock at the door. When Justin answered it he was a little disappointed to see that it was only Trace. “Well it’s nice to see that you’re up.” Trace says with a bit of sarcasm.

 

Justin really wasn’t in the mood for it, but he thought that maybe Trace could get Angelina to talk to him.

 

“Hey man do you think you could talk to Angie for me?” Justin asked.

 

Trace just sighed. “J I really don’t want to get into your personal life with her. Why don’t you just try to talk to her on the way to the radio station?” Trace asked.

 

“I’ve been trying to talk to her all morning and she hasn’t answered her door or her phone.” Justin says.

 

“Well she just called me about 5 minutes ago and told me she was downstairs waiting on us so I don’t know what that’s about.” Trace answered.

 

Justin just looked at him confused for a second. Why hadn’t Angelina called him back? Was she really still that upset about last night? Trace was talking but Justin hadn’t heard anything that was said. He just grabbed his things and headed out the door leaving Trace looking very perplexed.

  

As soon as I saw Justin get off the elevator I knew that we were going to have a long day. He looked confused and I could tell when he saw me he wasn’t sure if he should say anything to me at all. However knowing that I had to interact with him today on a professional level I knew I needed to fix or at the least smooth over the personal stuff.

 

“Hey.” I say once I walk up to him.

 

“Good morning Ms. Turner.” He says to me seeming as though he is trying to avoid all conversation of the last 12 hours.

 

I mentally sigh before I continue talking. “You have back to back interviews this morning and a lunch meeting at 1:30.” I say looking at my papers.

 

“Ok. Anything else?” He asked in a challenging tone.

 

This time I sighed out loud. “I saw that you called me this morning…” I start off before Justin cuts me off.

 

“You know what Angi, it doesn’t even matter. You obviously didn’t want to talk to me and the only reason you’re talking now is because of business. So why don’t you just save your breath for work stuff.” Justin says as he walks away from me.

 

This whole thing is just getting more and more out of hand. So I follow Justin to the car and knowing that we still need to wait for Trace and Elisha I ask Mike to give us a minute. I climb in the backset facing Justin, but he’s looking out the window trying to avoid eye contact.

 

“Will you please just look at me while I’m talking?” I ask a little frustrated. He slowly turns and looks at me.

 

“You can’t expect me to be real happy with you about what happened last night and I don’t expect you to be happy about the fact that I didn’t confirm our relationship to Toni when you wanted me to. However if you want this relationship to work then you can’t get upset every time something doesn’t go the way you want it to when you want it.” I say

 

After a moment Justin finally starts talking. “Do you want things to work?” He asks me a little scared.

 

I kinda smirk. “Yes Justin. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t.”

 

“How do I know that?”  He asks

 

I sigh. “I don’t know what you want me to say Justin.”

 

“I want you to tell me that you want this and mean it. I want you to tell me things are done with you and Toni. Most of all I want you to feel the same way I feel about you.”

 

I think I’m a little floored by that last statement but then again I don’t think I’m completely surprised. Mentally I’m thinking how the hell did I end up in a situation like this, but I honestly know how I did. I take that deep breath before I say anything else.

 

“J I think you and I need to seriously talk, but this isn’t the time or place.”  I say seeing Elisha and Trace walking to the car. Justin just shakes his head before the door opens.

  

Later that night…..

  

Walking back into the hotel Justin knew why Angelina choose not to go to the show that night. Things had defiantly been awkward and once again tonight Justin felt like if it weren’t for his fans he would have had a horrible show. Getting into the elevator he felt like things shouldn’t be this difficult. He should be enjoying having Angelina as his girlfriend, but it seemed that things had been getting more and more complicated.

 

When the elevator reached his floor he wasn’t sure if he wanted to go to his room and avoid the impending conversation or if he wanted to go ahead and get it over with. As if she had been reading his mind Angelina opened the door to her room and stood in the doorway.

 

“Hey” She said.

 

“Hey.” Justin replied. “Did you feel my presence in the hallway?” He joked.

 

“No actually I’ve been jumping up looking out the peephole every time I hear the elevator ring.”

 

Justin laughed at that. “Can we talk please?” Angelina asked.

 

Justin nodded his head and made his way to her room.

 

“You can sit down you know?” Angelina half joked.

 

“Yea I know, but I’m not sure if that’s something I want to do right now.”  Justin said leaning up against the door.

 

Angelina sighed as she leaned up against the side of the couch. “Do you want to break up?” She asked Justin.

 

“I think you know the answer to that question. Besides I already told you what I wanted Angi. This really isn’t about what I want anymore. I need to know that you’re here and that if or when Toni comes around you’re not going to be tempted to leave.” He replied.

 

“Why are you so intent on thinking I’m going to leave you?” She asked.

 

Justin looked down at his shoes before he looked Angelina in the eye again. “You left me when you went home. You knew something was on my mind and you left to go be with Toni. You left me to go fuck her.” Justin said bitterly.

 

In that moment Angelina knew what was going on and why things had been so rough lately.

*******************************************************************

 

I felt the tears burning my eyes and I even noticed that my vision had become blurry but that still didn’t make what I was hearing and feeling any less surreal. I guess I should have known that Justin wasn’t as ok with this as he led me to believe. I started to wipe my eyes before the tears started streaming down my face, because truth be told I’m tired of crying.

 

“I can’t tell you that I love you. It wouldn’t be fair. I can’t tell you enough how sorry I am that I hurt you. I can’t even tell you that Toni won’t show up again because I know how she is and I know that she is very persistent. But I can tell you that I want to be with you and I can tell you that I care about you very deeply, so much so that I could very easily fall in love with you. I’m so sorry that I had sex with her Justin but just like I shouldn’t hold that girl over your head you shouldn’t hold Toni over mine.” I say

 

Justin finally sits on the couch and pulls me down to sit with him. “Were you with her last night? Is that why you didn’t want to talk to me?” He ask

 

“I was in my room all night. I didn’t talk to you or Toni. I did however talk to my sister and my mom. It gave me time to calm down and to think and understand why my mother did what she did and how I actually feel about Toni and I as well as how I feel about you and I.” I say

 

“So how do you feel?” He asks.  “I feel like I’m just holding on to something that’s been gone for a long time. In all honesty I knew it the moment I had sex with Toni. That’s not something I was use to from her. I wasn’t use to having sex with her. The emotions felt so different that I knew things were different. When it was over the fact that I felt this huge amount of guilt just further let me know my heart was in a different place now.”

 

“So still why be so concerned about what she’s doing at your mothers house, and…” Justin started saying before I cut him off.

 

“Just because I don’t want to be with her anymore doesn’t mean that I’m a cold hearted person and that I don’t care about her at all. My mother is very protective of my sister and me. I don’t want something bad to happen because she was angry. Justin if you want this to work you have to trust me. You have to know that I’m with you and that I want to be with you. You can’t second-guess me because I don’t do things the same way you do.” I said

 

Justin laughed a little. “I guess this is so new to me because I’m not use to there being another girl in the picture.” He replied.

 

“You treat it the same way as if it where another guy.” I say

 

“So what now?” He asks.

 

“Now we try to work on having a better relationship with everything now out in the open.” I say.

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story