After work on Friday I made my way to my car and prepared myself for this nice little journey. I was sitting in rush hour traffic trying to make my way up to New Jersey where my mother and sister live when my phone rings and I don’t recognize the number but I answer it anyway. “Hello?”

“Hey beautiful do you realize that I haven’t talked to you in two weeks?” The voice on the other end says.

I laugh, “Yes I do realize that and I am so sorry that it had to happen like that. I really have been busy.” I say

“ I’ve been busy too but it didn’t stop me form calling my best friend.”

“ Ok Derek. I’m sorry that I haven’t called you or anything. Can you please forgive me?” I say

There is silence on the other end then. “ Sure I can, just don’t let it happen again.” He laughs.

I laugh as well. “ I won’t I promise.”

“ So what are you up to on this lovely Friday afternoon?” He asks.

“Sitting in traffic.” I sigh

“What? You’re driving?”

“Yea. Why do you sound so shocked?”

“Cuz I hardly ever hear you driving to or from work.”

“Well I don’t always drive up to Jersey for the weekend either.” I say

“Oh going to visit the family. I see I see.” He says

“Yea my mom is feeling a little neglected because of my job.” I laugh

“Doesn’t she always?” He asked as a joke.

“Well yea, but over the past few weeks I haven’t really called at all. You know how I use to call maybe like every other day? Now she’s lucky if she hears from me once in a two week period!” I say.

“Damn girl you gotta stop working so hard. You know they say all work and no play can make you a bitch.”

I laughed a little. “Well I’m gonna be one hell of a bitch cuz I’m like gonna be on super work mood soon. I just landed Justin Timberlake as one of my clients and he starts touring in like a week and a half.

“Ah shit my girls moving up to the big leagues!” Derek laughs.

“Oh you think you funny huh?”

“Nah. I’m proud of you though. So um can I get sum free tickets?” He laughs again.

“Dude you are such an ass sometimes.”


“I still don’t understand why you don’t want me to come to your rehearsal with you? I’m leaving next week to start shooting my new movie and it’s gonna be a month before I see you again!” Cameron whines.

“Look babe I’m sorry. I’m gonna be really swamped with the whole choreographing thing and I won’t really be able to spend anytime with you. I just don’t think it’s fair and if I see you sitting there I’m gonna feel all guilty and then my concentration will be all fucked up and that defeats the purpose of this rehearsal.” Justin says

Cam just kinda pouts before saying. “Fine then.” She’s kinda quiet for a minute before she makes her next statement. “So I hear you finally got a new PR.”

“Yea her name is Angelina Turner. She’s a good friend of Silas and she seems pretty cool so far.”

“Well that’s good.” Cam replies while playing with her nails.

Justin looks up and notices her nervous habit and smiles. “You’re not jealous or anything are you Cam?”

“Why would I be jealous? You’re my man and I know you love me.” She smiles.

Justin crosses the room to give her a hug. “You’re right I do love you and this tour will be over before you know it and I’ll be right back in your arms.”



After battling with traffic for two hours I finally pull in to my mothers drive way. Renee was outside on the porch waiting for me when I pulled up. She quickly runs over to the car and basically almost jumps me.

“OMG OMG you’re actually here!” She screams.

“Yes I am actually here, but will you calm down before the neighbors think I’m murdering you!” I laugh

I see my mother walk out the door not really paying attention. “Renee what on earth….” Her sentence is stopped short when she notices it’s me in the driveway.

“Oh honey, I’m so glad you made it up here.” My mom smiles while engulfing me in a hug.

“I said I was coming and here I am.” I smile.

I make my way into the house and see that not much has changed since I went off to school in New York. My mom did get some new future but for the most part it’s still the same. I have to admit that I love coming home. There is just something so calming about it. To be in the place you grew up and feel the safest. I just wish my dad were still around.

I leave my bags by the door and walk into the living room where I spot a family photo from when I was a sophomore in high school. I remember that picture was taken a few months before my father died and every time I look at the picture I want to cry because I miss him so much. I guess my mom saw me looking at the picture because I heard her voice break through my thoughts.

“You know despite the fact that you work so much your father would be so proud of you. In fact I’m sure he is up in heaven smiling at how successful you have become.” I turn to see my mom smiling at me.

“I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to come home and visit. Work has just been over whelming and I’ve taken on somebody else’s clients now so it’s about to get even crazier.” I say stopping the tears I know are about to fall.

“Well we can talk about your crazy work schedule at dinner tonight. I’m making your favorite. Home made cheeseburgers and fries.” She smiled.

“Thanks mom.” I smile and give her a hug before I grab my stuff and head up to my room.

My mother made it a point to never change the way my room looked after I left. I bet whenever Renee goes away to school she will do the same thing if she keeps this house. I don’t know that she can handle being here all alone once Renee leaves next year for college. But that is still a year away and I shouldn’t even dwell on it. I start to put my things up when my sister comes into the room and flops down on my bed.

“So can we go shopping tomorrow and just hang out like we use to when you came home for weekends in college?”

She looks so cute and hopeful I can’t say no to that. “Of course we can. We can go to the mall, buy some new clothes some cd’s whatever.” I laugh

“Don’t get to telling me I can have whatever. I might break you!” She laughs.

“Who told you I was spending my money on you chick?” I laugh while hanging up some of my clothes.

She just looks at me and rolls her eyes. “ Um not that I’m complaining or anything, but it looks like you have more than two days worth of clothes. Does that mean you’re staying more than two days?”

“Well if you don’t mind I’ll be here till Wednesday.” I laugh

“OMG are you serious?” She asks full of excitement. “What about work?”

“Well I have a special assignment and I basically finished all the work I needed to do before I leave so I figured I could spend a couple of extra days out here before I go home and do some hella packing.”

Renee’s eyes get really big. “You’re leaving to go some where? For how long?”

I’m not sure I even wanna attempt to tell her who I will be working for for the next 6 months. She would probably freak more than you will ever know. I mean ever since I started working at Jive she has been trying to find a way for me to get her there so she can meet Justin. I know I can’t very well lie to her though so I sit down and prepare my self for the screams, the OMG’s, and anything else she is about to do.

“Renee sit down for a sec we need to talk.” I say

“Angie what’s wrong? The last time you sat me down like this you told me that boy I liked was an ass!” She says half worried.

“It’s nothing like that it’s just that…. Well….” I say not exactly sure where to start.

“Ok Angie you are totally scaring me. What’s going on? Are you sick or something? Is that why you’re going away?” She asks half scared

I sigh. “No girl it’s nothing that damn dramatic. It’s just that you wanted to know where I’m going.” I took a deep breath before I started. “ For the next six months I’m going to be touring with Justin Timberlake.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story