For the next minute or so you could here a pin drop in my room and then just as suddenly as it got quiet the room was filled with screaming. So much so that my mother came running up stairs scared out her mind at what was going on.

 

“Renee what’s the matter with you? Angie what happened?”

 

“MOM!!! SHE’S…. OMG OMG… MOM SHE’S!!!”

 

“She’s what Renee?” My mother turns to look at me. “What’s going on Angie?”

 

I couldn’t do anything but laugh at my sister’s reaction. I mean I knew that’s what she was gonna do, but still it’s funny to see her freaking out like this.

 

“I’m going on tour with Justin Timberlake for 6 months.” I say trying to catch my breath.

 

My mother knows how much my sister loves Nsync and Justin so it wasn’t a surprise as to why she was screaming once she heard what I would be doing. After we finally calmed my sister down and got dinner together I was able to tell them everything that was going on as to why I was so fated to land Justin as a client.

 

“So do you think you could get me tickets to the show. Or even backstage to meet him?” Renee asked.

 

“Renee you can not use your sisters job for your own personal gain!” My mother reprimanded her.

 

 I just laughed. “ I don’t know about all the backstage stuff but I’ll see what I can do for you.”

 

The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. I went out with my sister to the mall and we shopped like we use to. I had to make her swear that she wouldn’t tell any body about who I was working for. I wouldn’t even let her tell her best friend. I did however promise her that if I could get tickets I would make sure that Tamara had one as well. My few days at home seemed to fly by and Tuesday night was here before I knew it.

 

“I can’t believe you’re leaving tomorrow.” Renee whined.

 

“I know the days went by so quick.” I heard my phone ring as I was finishing my packing.

 

“Hey Renee could you get that for me?” I asked putting the last of my clothes in my bag.

 

“Hello? No I’m sorry this is her sister Renee, but if you give me a second I can give you to her. Hey Angie it’s some guy on the phone.” She says while handing me the phone.

 

“You picked up my phone and didn’t find out who was on it first? What if I didn’t want to talk to them?” I laughed.

 

“Then you shouldn’t have had me answer your phone.” She replies.

 

I look at the phone to find out for myself who it is and I’m a little perplexed when I just see a number that I don’t recognize.

 

“Hello?” I say

 

“Hey Angelina, this is Trace. Justin’s personal assistant.”

 

“Oh hey. Um not to be rude or anything but how did you get my number?” I ask

 

“Silas gave it to me. I hope you don’t mind, but I needed to go over a few things with you.” He said.

 

“Well no it’s not a problem, but at the moment I’m packing.”

 

“We don’t have to talk this very minute. I don’t know if anyone has told you that we’re starting the show here in LA.”

 

“It was mentioned.” I replied sitting down on my bed.

 

“Well seeing as your coming out here on Saturday I thought maybe we could talk after you get settled in.” He suggested.

 

“Yea that’s fine. So I’ll talk to you then?” I ask.

 

“Yup. Thanks again Angelina.”

 

We hung up and I threw the phone on the bed. I think that Trace and I are going to get along just fine. I mean his fiancé is so sweet. I meet her at a party and she is really down to earth. I can’t see her being with somebody that’s a prick. I notice my sister staring at me and I just wanna bust out and laugh.

 

“What?” I ask looking at her.

 

“Who was that?”

 

“Somebody from work why?”

 

“It just sounded so cryptic.” She says shuddering a little.

 

“Cryptic huh?” I laugh

 

“I’m glad you think it’s so funny. I just don’t want my big sister getting into any trouble and I don’t want you getting into any funny business with a married man or something.” She says eyeing me very wryly.

 

My eyes get big and I just full out laugh. “You watch way to much TV you know that?”

 

“I do not. Those kinds of things really do happen!” She defends.

 

“I’m sure they do, but I’m not in anything like that. I swear it was work Renee.”

 

After that lovely heart to heart with my sister about my non-excitant love life I mange to get some sleep so I would be ready for my day tomorrow. I knew that I wouldn’t make it back to my place until that afternoon because I am not going to battle rush hour traffic back to NYC.

 

I feel like the next few days just flew by and before I knew it I was on my way to LA. I always feel a little out of place when I have to come out here. I guess because everybody out here (well almost everybody) is so superficial. I finally make it to my hotel and get settled in and then I call Trace to let him know I’m ready to meet whenever he is.

 

We agreed to meet at the hotel restaurant and he informed me that he would have to bring Elisha with him. (His fiancé) Which was fine with me. I guess for me it was just the warm up before I had to deal with Justin on a regular bases. It would give me a chance to get to know what he is like. I spotted them sitting at a table when I walked in and made my way over to Trace and Elisha.

 

“Hello” I say

 

“Oh hey girl I’m glad you could make it.” Trace says standing up.

 

“It was no problem. Hey Elisha” I smile.

 

“Hey Angie. And how many times did I tell you? You can call me Lish.”

 

“Slipped my mind.” I laughed.

 

“You guys know each other?” Trace asked very surprised.

 

“Yea we see each other at a lot of parties in New York. We just hit it off. I kinda look for her when I know I going to be at a party there.” Elisha laughs.

 

“Yup Lish is cool people.” I say.

 

“Well that’s a plus, seeing as Elisha will be out on tour with us as well.” Trace says.

 

“Oh that’s cool I won’t be the only girl around a bunch of guys.” I laugh.

 

“Believe me I know how you feel on that end.” Replies Elisha.

 

“Ladies we came here to discuss business.” Trace interrupts and Elisha and I giggle.

 

Basically Trace needs help with his personal assistant duties. I remember Silas mentioning something along the lines of helping Trace with this kind of stuff. Not a big deal though cause hey I can imagine Justin’s schedule must be hella crazy with movies, music, and whatever else he has on his plate.

 

So the tour officially kicked off on Tuesday and I’m a little nervous. Although truth be told I’m not sure why considering I’m not the one taking the stage. I just need a moment to gather my thoughts before I start to do anything else so I duck into a room that I am passing and close the door quietly like I’m afraid to get caught.

 

“Hiding out?” I hear a voice ask me and I jump

 

I quickly turn around and realize I must be in Justin’s dressing room when I see him putting on a shirt. “ I am so sorry I’ll leave.” I say quickly

 

Justin just laughs. “It’s fine. I know Trace must be driving you crazy!” He says

 

“I’m just not use to all this. I very rarely go out on tour and when I do I’m hardly ever backstage.” I laugh

 

“I understand. Why don’t you have a seat. I could use the company.” He says

 

I take a seat not really sure what to expect. I mean sure Trace and Elisha said that Justin was really down to earth, but for some reason he’s making me nervous. I really don’t understand it.

 

I hear Justin laugh again. “I thought that you were just observant when it came to meeting new people?”

 

I look up a little confused. “I am but what does that have to do with me sitting here now?”

 

“Well you seem nervous and closed off.” He replies.

 

I laugh a little. “ I don’t know if you want the relaxed me just yet.” I say

 

“Oh I think I could handle it. You act like you’re going to be more than I can handle.”

 

“So you think you can handle me Mr. Timberlake?” I ask. The sarcasm back in my voice.

 

“You’d be surprised at what I can handle.” He smirks.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story