“Room service!”

Charlotte jumps back immediately as a voice hollers from inside and she doesn’t trust herself to glance back as she turns to run back into the room. Justin watches her go, the slight bounce of her ass hypnotizing as she hurries inside and out of sight. He shakes his head slowly, dazed and wobbly and he can’t even remember the last time he was this affected by a woman. Sex always did that to him, made him so much more aware of the curves of her body, the smell of her skin and the want, the pull in his belly was always so much stronger. His mind wanders briefly, flicking to Charlotte’s legs wrapped around his waist, fingers in his hair and then spirals off into fantasy, her bent over his desk, straddling him in the hot tub, on her back in his bed. He jerks his head to the side, trying to wrench the thought from his brain. He can’t think that way, has to control himself. Amelia’s face floats into his mind and the duality of his guilt chokes him, sickened by the fact that he’s fantasizing so willingly about another woman and ashamed that in order to quell that guilt his mind bent Charlotte into positions of his liking, cheapening it and making it something dirty, making it meaningless.

“I got a rosé because I wasn’t sure what you wanted,” Charlotte says, her eyes surveying the bottle as she walks out, a wine glass in her hand and her hair is beginning to dry now, fuzzy and tangled and he longs to run his hands through it.

“That’s fine,” he says, dropping his towel on one of the lounge chairs before rounding the tub and climbing up the stairs to the little deck that surrounds it.

Charlotte is tipping the pink liquid into the glass when she hears him hiss and the glass nearly slips from her fingers as her mind is driven back to when he’d hissed in her ear, his body pulling pleasure from her she’d never even imagined and she fights against the memory. They were over that. It wasn’t going to happen again, so there was no use torturing herself with remembrances of his skin and his mouth. She shifts slightly, setting the wine bottle on the wooden deck next to him.

“Here you go,” she says softly, holding out the glass and when her eyes flick to him she finds him submerged up to his freckled shoulders and his hands are waving underneath the bubbles, his eyes watching them amusedly. She can’t help but smile.

“Oh thanks,” he says, pulling a dripping hand out of the water and his fingers brush hers as he takes the wine, swirling it in his glass before taking a sip.

He smacks his lips, raising his eyebrows as if pleased and she watches him for a moment, her heart fluttering in her chest. She feels like this was a near miss, that she could have lost him tonight, really lost him. She knows she still needs the space because sometimes the line between friendship and romance blurs in her head but she doesn’t want to lose him. What it comes down to is that she wants him in her life and when he looks up at her, the warmness in his eyes says that he feels the same.

“I should go,” she says softly and his brow wrinkles, a slight pout pulling at his full lips.

“Come on Charlie you know you wanna put your feet in,” Justin says, bringing his glass to his lips and her stomach flutters at the quick grin he gives her before his lips curl around the rim of a glass. “Charlotte I mean…sorry.”

“Oh quit,” she says, rolling her eyes as she rests her elbows on the edge of the pool, propping her chin on her hands. “The apology is worse than the stupid nickname.”

He smirks. “Knew I’d wear you down eventually,” he says reaching behind him to set his glass on the deck next to the bottle and situates himself more firmly in the water. “Mmm you sure you don’t wanna put your feet in?”

Charlotte’s mouth goes dry at the way his eyes sink closed and his head tips back, the long column of his neck stretching tight as he relaxes and she shakes her head. She needs to get out of here.

“Nah, you enjoy the quiet,” she says, reaching to pat his shoulder affectionately before turning to leave. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“What time?” he asks, his voice lazy and she can tell just by the sound of it that his eyes are still closed.

“Seven,” she says as she crosses the threshold and she can hear the sound of derision pull from his throat.

As she’s making her way through the expansive living room she’s stopped by the shrill ring of his cell phone, the accompanying vibration rattling against the glass of the coffee table and nearly wiggling it to the floor. Charlotte reaches for it, checking the caller ID on the front as she moves back towards the door to bring it to him. But she stops suddenly, seeing that the screen reads “Amelia” and an uneasiness settles over her as she debates whether or not to bring it to him. She tells herself it’s because he’s trying to relax and she doesn’t want to disturb him. She tells herself it has nothing to do with the fact that it’s his fiancé on the line. She’s not that girl. She doesn’t purposefully go after taken men. Although she can’t help the quiet part of her that triumphs in the fact that she’s with him now and Amelia is so far away. She closes her eyes, the ringing of the phone continuing on and her fingers curl tightly around small plastic device, trying to silence it but her conscious gets the better or her.

“Justin, your phone–” she starts as she hurries back out onto the veranda but her voice cuts off as the ringing does and the three quick beeps announce he’s missed the call, “–was ringing. Sorry.”

She feels guilty as she pads back over, holding her hand out and he sits up a little in the water, taking the phone from her and flicking it open. He cringes when he sees Amelia’s name in his call log and he knows she’s probably just calling to make sure that he’s going to bed at a decent time, is ready for his meetings tomorrow, found something in his closet she wants to get rid of. His thumb hovers over the send button but he hesitates. He doesn’t really want to talk to her right now, still not sure as to how he wants to handle the fact that she’s had her minions spying on him for god knows how long. They aren’t doing a very good job were they? He cringes again.

“I’ll call her back later,” he says with a shrug, trying to nudge the weight of his guilt off his shoulders as he turns the phone off, knowing she’ll call over and over and over again if he doesn’t answer.

“Okay, well…” Charlotte trails, shifting awkwardly. “Good night. Again.” She chuckles awkwardly as she turns away to leave.

“Charlotte come here and put your damn feet in the water,” Justin sighs, unable to keep the smile from his voice and she turns, glaring at him exasperatedly before her brow creases as if debating.

She sighs. “Twenty minutes and then I’m leaving,” she says firmly as she walks around behind him and he grins triumphantly, feeling her climbing up the stairs behind him.

She walks around the deck, putting a good two feet between them before she crouches down and lets her legs slip into the water, groaning slightly as the water caresses her calves sensually. Justin watches her as she settles, kicking her feet back and forth lazily through the frothy water and she reaches up to tuck her hair behind her ears before taking a deep breath and heaving it out in a sigh, turning her face up towards the sky, her eyes closed, seeming to enjoy the warm night air.

“This is nice,” she breathes after a moment and he smiles, “I was wondering why she made me get you the penthouse. Now I get it.”

“Mmm,” Justin responds, reaching for his wine glass and taking a sip, trying to push the guilt down.

“Did you like living here?” Charlotte asks regarding him curiously and he smiles, his eyes surveying the dark mountains in the distance, the lights of Beverly Hills twinkling merrily at him.

“Yeah,” he says, a tinge of sadness in his voice. “I did.” He drains his glass.

“Why’d you move?” she asks, her eyes riveted on the distance and when he doesn’t respond she looks at him, finding him giving her a pointed look. “Oh…right.” She chuckles.

“She likes New York,” Justin says with a shrug, pouring himself another glass of wine. “You want one?”

Charlotte opens her mouth to respond but finds she can’t fight her chuckle of disbelief. She purses her lips, scrunching up her nose as she shakes her head. He can’t help but grin.

“What you think I’m trying to get you drunk?” he asks, sipping his glass slowly, his blue eyes twinkling. “Think I’m going to have my way with you?” he ventures and laughs as her jaw drops at his brazenness.

“No,” she spats, kicking her leg out and splashing him a little.

“Quit!” he whines, pushing some water her way so that it splashes onto her thighs.

“You’re so fucking obnoxious!” she exclaims, wiping at her legs and he can’t help his eyes following the motions of her hands as he sips at his wine. “Ugh,” she growls, reaching over and giving his head a playful shove, the short bristles of his hair scratchy against her palm.

“Hey now!” he exclaims reaching up to rub at his head. “Violence is never the answer,” the seriousness of his tone lifting at the end when he can’t control his laugh.

Charlotte sighs, regarding him for a moment, her palm still itchy from touching the short strands of his hair and she can’t stop the words as they leave her mouth. “I can’t believe you shaved your head.”

Justin cringes as he watches the wine in his glass swirl, his chest tightening just slightly. He gulps down the last of his glass and the tightness dissipates somewhat as warmth spreads through him. It almost feels wrong to talk about this with Charlotte but at the same time it feels perfectly right. She’s his coconspirator in his egregious act but she’s also the person he runs to when things aren’t going right with Amelia. If he were honest with himself he would agree that they were actually the same thing.

“She likes it that way,” he says carefully, pouring himself another glass. “I just felt…”

“You were trying to make it up to her,” Charlotte provides evenly, ignoring her own pang of guilt and sadness, trying to be his best friend.

Justin laughs then but there’s no humor in it. “Yeah…as stupid as that is,” he says with a shrug, sipping from his glass and Charlotte notes that the bottle is nearly half way through. He should probably slow down.

“I dunno your hair isn’t quite as bad as that necklace you got her,” she teases, hoping to bring up his mood and he narrows his eyes at her.

“What you wouldn't want something like that?” he replies, eyeing her over the rim of his wine glass and she snorts.

“If you bought me something like that I’d think you had something to hide.”

They both cringe and there goes her damn mouth again. She takes a deep breath, preparing to apologize but he holds up a hand, closing his eyes and giving her a slight shake of his head. Guilt and sadness burn him and he wishes that it was different, wishes that he could have just kept his hormones in check, wishes that Amelia didn’t drive him up a wall, wishes that he wasn’t having to navigate through conversational landmines with Charlotte. Most of all he just wishes he could figure it all out. He sets his wine glass down, letting his head tip back, a heavy sigh pulling from his throat and the warmth of the water along with the warmth of the wine is making him drowsy. He gives in to that a little bit, letting his mind go blissfully blank for the first time in days.

They’re quiet for awhile, each leaving the other to their own thoughts and Charlotte can’t shake off the nagging feeling in her chest, her eyes flicking to Justin’s cell phone every now and then as she watches her feet kick back and forth in the water.

“Do you…” Charlotte starts, her mouth going before her brain could quite catch up and she snaps her mouth shut again, not really wanting to ask.

“Do I what?” Justin prompts, not even opening his eyes but he can feel her confliction and she shifts uncomfortably.

“Do you think she’s testing us?” Charlotte asks, a wave of nervous heat rolling through her as she utters the words she’s been fearing for the past six months.

Justin’s eyes snap open, looking up at Charlotte and finding her bottom lip caught between her teeth, her green eyes pensive and unsure. Her arms are locked at her sides, bracing herself against the deck as her legs kick hazily under the surface of the water. Her hair hangs over her shoulders and her cardigan has opened just slightly revealing a thin cotton camisole underneath and its like a punch in the gut when he finds her neck bare, missing the glint of platinum where her compass necklace usually resides.

“No,” Justin says shortly, reaching for his wine glass, nearly knocking it over his fingers clumsy from the drink. He should probably slow down but he likes the fuzziness of his brain, the pleasant feeling of untroubled apathy towards everything.

“I just…” Charlotte starts, shifting nervously. “I just feel like she keeps sending me with you on purpose…” Her heart is practically beating out of her chest as she adds. “I feel like she knows…”

Justin snorts, bitterness tugging at the back of his throat and his mouth goes off before he has a chance to stop it. “She doesn’t know or care about anyone but herself.” He cringes at his own honesty, feeling Charlotte shift next to him and he drains his wine glass.

“She cares about you,” Charlotte says softly and Justin winces at the reluctance in her voice, reaching for the wine bottle again.

“Is it sad that part of me blames her for what happened?” Justin asks, concentrating on what’s pouring from the bottle and not from his mouth.

Charlotte pauses. “No…I don’t think it’s sad. I think I’d feel the same way,” she replies honestly, and she watches him carefully as he takes a deep swig from his glass.

“You know, in my own head,” he says glancing at her briefly before turning his gaze out towards the hills. “I never call it cheating.” Charlotte winces and he adds. “Sorry.”

“No…” she says with a sigh. “No I don’t really either.”

“I mean like I said…I’ve never done anything like this – like that – before. I know how it feels. It’s happened to me more than enough times…” he sighs, the guilt burning and fading as his anger burns and fades. Did Amelia really believe that he’d cheat on her? So much that she’d set him up, almost as if trying to prove herself right. “I guess it doesn’t seem like cheating because in every way that really matters my relationship with Amelia is fucked beyond all comprehension,” he continues bitterly taking another large gulp to quell the hurt in his chest and Charlotte can’t help the way her heart has started to pound.

“Yeah except that whole getting married thing,” she teases nervously, trying to remind him and herself that this is a very dangerous game they’re playing.

He groans, letting his head fall back and she reaches over, snatching his wine glass from between his fingers, thinking that’s enough honesty for one night. He looks up startled and watches as she drains the rest of the glass before setting it on the other side of her and giving him a sweet smile.

“You’ve had enough,” she says and he chuckles, rubbing his face wearily.

“I can always drink from the bottle,” he teases, reaching for it and she snatches it from his hands.

“No, no,” she chides moving to set it on the other side of her as well and Justin chuckles.

“What, not gonna down that one too?” he asks and she gives him a rueful smile. He regards her curiously for a moment before leaning his head back and sighing. “How did my life get so fucked, Charlie?”

Charlotte can’t help her laugh and thankfully she’s able to keep her mouth shut on all the ways that she can blame this on Amelia.

“And how the hell do you have it so together?” he asks suddenly, causing her eyes to go wide, confusion settling on her.

“What?” she asks her voice jumping an octave.

“You!” Justin exclaims, bringing a hand out of the water to wave in her direction. “You’re so together, Charlotte,” he says his eyes roving over her face and then down, licking his lips at the thin sheen of perspiration on her chest.

“Me?” Charlotte asks in disbelief and she shakes her head, chuckling. “Are you forgetting that I spent four years and god knows how much money for a degree in a career I don’t even like and now I’m working for Satan in high heels.”

“And you just slept with your boss’ fiancé,” Justin giggles before he can stop himself and Charlotte’s cheeks flame.

“Yes. Thank you Justin.”

“What I’m saying is you don’t know what you’re gonna do and you’re okay with that,” he says and she frowns.

“Well I wouldn’t exactly say I was okay with it-”

“And you just quit, Charlie! You didn’t like it and you quit,” he says looking at her slightly mystified. “I mean that was brave.”

Charlotte chuckles, blushing slightly at his praise. “Yeah I guess I’ve got some balls,” she says with a chuckle and he smirks.

“At least one of us does,” he teases and her cheeks flame. He sighs, a slow smile pulling at his lips “You must have the boys in shambles.”

Charlotte jumps as she feels Justin’s fingers close around her foot in the water and the urge to jerk back isn’t quite as strong as the urge to moan as his fingers start to massage the arch slowly, almost absentmindedly as he tugs her foot a little higher out of the water to examine her nail polish. She blushes, trying to tug her foot back under water and he allows her to but his fingers continue their work under the surface. Friends give each other foot rubs right?

“I…I wouldn’t quite say that,” she stutters, reaching up to rub at her neck, finding it damp with sweat, the heat from the hot tub warming her and if she was honest with herself she’d say that wasn’t the only thing that was heating her up.

“You wouldn’t?” Justin asks softly, his thumbs pushing against the ball of her foot and her leg twitches slightly, a soft hum pulling from her throat as her eyelids flutter in pleasure.

The game is getting more risky now and while his brain is fuzzy from the alcohol he knows exactly what he’s doing. He just wants to touch her, the thin sheen of sweat on her chest teasing him and she’s so close. Butterflies tickle his stomach and guilt burns in his chest but it’s not as strong as it has been, the thought that Charlotte is here to watch him, to make sure he’s walking a line stinging and burning worse than his shame. And besides, they’re just talking and he’s only touching her foot.

“N-no,” she replies, her bottom lip caught between her teeth. “I just…haven’t found what I wanted…”

Her eyes travel over his shoulders and up his neck, their eyes meeting and it’s as if he’s sucked the air right out of her lungs, his fingers reaching around to rub behind her ankle. She feels sweat break out on her upper lip, her body incredibly warm and she wishes she could take off her cardigan.

“What do you want, Charlie?” he asks simply, his fingers working higher and he told himself he wouldn’t do this, wouldn’t go past her ankle but he is curious as to what she will do if he worked the tired muscles of her calves and her gasp echoes in his head, the warm water all around him doing little to quell the stirring in his groin. He swallows hard, moving back down and reaching for her other foot. “I mean, you’ve asked me that before. What do you want?” He chuckles, smiling at her in what he hopes is a friendly way, trying so desperately to remain neutral. They can’t do this again.

You, Charlotte thinks and thankfully Justin’s thumb presses sweetly against the arch of her foot at that exact moment causing her to gasp so the thought doesn’t slip out of her mouth on accident. He’s peering up at her curiously and the tension wafts around them, thick as the steam in the air and she knows she should pull back, should go back to her room but she doesn’t want to leave. She doesn’t want to lose his hands on her skin and the sound of his voice. She clears her throat, trying to clear her head. They can’t do this.

“I want…” she trails and pauses when his eyes meet hers, peering at her curiously and she smiles slightly as she says, “passion.” Justin shivers hard, his fingers stuttering over her ankle as she goes on. “I want love,” she says, looking off into the distance and the smile that pulls at her lips dazzles him, “and lust…and sex…and romance.” Her shoulders scrunch up to her ears as she sighs and looks at him again, not really registering that his fingers are moving up her calves. “I don’t want everything to add up to a perfect equation.” Her eyes go to the hills again, caught up in the thought and not realizing that he’s scooted closer to her. “I mean I want a mess and…and…” she brings her hands up in front of her gesturing as her face screws up searching for the right word. “and chaos. I want someone to go crazy out of his mind for me,” she says with a sigh and then blushes slightly, turning her eyes back towards him. “I mean isn’t that-”

She gasps, finding him directly in front of her, his hands sliding up her thighs and she doesn’t have time to think before his mouth meets hers fiercely. She doesn’t think, doesn’t question as she lets her arms snake around his shoulders, even though her brain is screaming to stop, they have to stop but her body won’t listen, the want curling between them desperately.

She gasps as he pulls her forward, her body sliding into the water and it’s almost like the warmth of his hands as they smooth across her chest, pushing at her sweater desperate for her skin. She kisses him dizzy and somewhere in his mind he knows this is wrong, knows that there will be hell to pay in the morning but he wants her, just wants her and right now in his own head it’s that simple. She’s sweet and she’s good and the feel of her fingertips sliding across his shoulder blades makes all the blood rush out of his head and he thinks no more.

Charlotte works her arms out of the wet fabric of her cardigan, the thin strap of her camisole falling off her shoulder as she floats over him, their legs tangling together in an attempt to keep their heads above water. His feet push off the wall, his hands going to her ass to keep them together as he propels them backwards, scrambling for a way to get her pressed against him. Her knees find the bench on either side of his hips, her hands reaching for the side of the tub just over his shoulders, giving herself the leverage to trap his body under hers. They both moan at the feeling of her pressing against him, her head tipping back at the feel of him solid and wanting under the fabric of his swim trunks. He takes the opportunity to drag his lips down her throat, panting at the feel of her hips rocking against his, her hands reaching to fist in his hair and finding none she lets her nails scrape against his scalp instead.

A shiver travels down his spine, his hands squeezing her ass and he has to fight the rise of pleasure that courses through him. His hands smooth up her back, pushing at the wet fabric of her camisole, the stretchiness of the fabric unwilling to part from her wet skin. It’s worth it when he gets it off though, his breath panting as her chest is revealed to him. Her back arches as he lifts her, the water aiding him in keeping her chest at his eye level, his lips dragging down the valley between her breasts. She cries out as his lips close around one nipple, his fingers rolling the other slowly, trying desperately to press against him but she’s sitting too high. Her fingers claw frantically for his hair, her short nails scratching feebly at his scalp, causing him to moan against her.

His lips close around her other nipple, drawing out a low moan of pleasure as his thumbs hook in the waistband of her shorts and panties, trying to force them down her thighs, the fabric wet and unyielding. She allows her body to float back to aid him, whimpering at the loss of his mouth on her skin but he kisses her feverishly, his tongue sliding against hers as he finally gets her shorts and panties to her knees. She kicks her legs urgently, her hands sliding into the water to grip his waist, her hands slick against his skin, slow from the resistance of the water and he’s never felt more alive than when her fingers tangle in the drawstring of his swim trunks, loosening them around his slim waist and reaching inside.

Charlotte’s hand closes around him, thick and solid and she just wants to touch him, her fingers, drawing lightly up his shaft and he hisses, reaching for her ass again, pulling her down against him. Her hands move to his waist again, feeling the hardness of his muscles, his heart hammering against his ribs. One of his hands comes between them and she feels him slide against her entrance, bringing himself up to press against her clit, teasing her just slightly before smoothing down again and her back arches as he penetrates her.

His hands go to her waist, his pulse pounding in his ears as she begins to lower herself onto him, her forehead pressing to his as one hand covers his on her waist and the other curls around the back of his neck. The combination of the water bubbling against her skin and the way Justin’s body is stretching hers has Charlotte reeling, her thighs trembling and the pull for release is so strong.

“Justin,” she whimpers, her hips coming flush against his and she feels the goose bumps break out over his skin at the sound of his name on her lips. So she says it again. “Justin…”

He growls, his feet pressing involuntarily against the bottom of the pool, shifting his hips up into her and the gentle force makes her gasp, her hands settling on his shoulders as he presses deep inside her.

“Are you okay?” he asks, that nagging feeling back that he’s pushed to far. He’s been told enough times by-

“Yes,” she breathes and it’s more of an exhalation than an answer to his question, pleasure painted across her face. “God, yes.”

He pants, a moan pulling from the back of his throat as he shifts her forward, his arms curling around her back as their chests crush together and her arms wrap around his shoulders. He hears the hitching of her breath, every gasp and whimper as she moves, her mouth right next to his ear. His hands move wetly up and down her back, his chin tucked over her shoulder as he does his best to remain in control. It’s easier this time he finds, able to enjoy the pleasure without the constant worry of pushing his release down. He takes the time to really feel her, feel the slick push and pull of her flesh over his, the softness of her skin as it slides slickly against his.

Her pace begins to quicken, a low growl pulling from her throat as her arms slide from his shoulders, moving to grip them in her hands, leaning back just slightly and he’s mystified by her, her mouth falling open as sounds of pleasure pull from her throat, the new angle seeming to send her to new heights. Her thighs spread wider over his and he sees stars, his eyes rolling back in his head. Charlotte tries to force her eyes open against the pleasure, tries to watch his face as his cheek twitches and his teeth grit as the feeling overtakes him and his eyes close, head tipping back, mouth falling open.

She uses his shoulders for leverage, bouncing hard against his lap, pulling a quiet shout from him, his hands surging under the water to grip her hips and guide her. He pulls her against him savagely, and he relishes in the roughness, his skin on fire, his body begging for release just as she is, pleading with him desperately. His hand moves to flatten against her lower back, pulling her against him roughly and the movement causes her clit to collide with his hipbone and her hands clutch at his shoulders as fire explodes down her legs. She shouts, her voice ringing in his ears as her back arches, pressing her hips harder against his as her body sucks at him desperately, her orgasm wringing her body out like a sponge.

Her hips slow but don’t stop, trying to still bring him pleasure though she’s weak and trembling. Her head lolls back, her breath panting as her hands smooth around the back of his neck, fingers itching for his curls but all she can do is scratch at his scalp. She looks down at him, finding him watching her face carefully, lust wild and potent, darkening his eyes to a stormy midnight blue. His lips are slightly parted, breath coming in quick pants and she rolls her hips quickly, her muscles tired and weak but the passion in his eyes fuels her.

“Fuck Charlie,” he groans, releasing his neck as his eyes roll back again and her hands keep his head from falling back, rising a little higher so that she can slam down onto him, feeling his thighs tremble beneath her. “Oh fuck…”

His hands claw desperately at her lower back before reaching down and grabbing handfuls of her ass, his hips pressing up into hers as his release hits him full force, his forehead resting against her breast bone, teeth grinding as his coats her insides, the feeling sending pinpricks of pleasure down her spine. Her fingers massage the back of his neck soothingly as he chokes on his own breath, every muscle in his body tight, pushing his release into her.

He lets out a loud groan as his body loosens finally, exhaustion and satisfaction making his brain hazy and clouded and he’s so unbelievably hot, the warm water now scalding him. Charlotte trembles over him, her hands still clutching at his shoulders, small whimpers pulling from her throat as she comes down and she can’t breathe, the air stifling around them, the thick steam catching in her throat.

They each pull back slightly, trembling hands sliding against skin wet from water and sweat and their wide eyes meet, their breath panting against each other’s lips. They can do nothing else but stare at each other blankly and let the wild feelings of confusion set in once again.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: fiancej desksex affair love hottubsex