Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter was a little rough to write as it covers a lot of Darcie's history, both in her personal life and when she originally met the boys. The next few chapters are going to involve a lot of memories.

“Don’t disrespect me you ungrateful little bitch!” 

The pain shooting through Darcie’s arm as her father wrenched it behind her back made her cry out. She not only heard but felt the pop as her shoulder dislocated from its socket. Behind her Bronx, her three year old German Shepard, was growling and barking as he struggled against Ami’s hold, desperately trying to get between the man that was threatening his mistress. 

“Dad, please stop!” Darcie cried, tears streaming down her face. 

You are not taking off to go and hang out with those stupid pop boys.” Her father screamed at her as he pushed her to the floor. “Especially not with Chris, what does a man who’s almost 30 want with a 17 year old girl!” 

“Dad it’s nothing, you know it’s not!” Darcie pleaded, “He’s one of my best friends, he has been since him and Dale dated.” 

“And I have no doubt that you’re the one who broke them up.” 

“Jeremy please!” Darcie’s mother pleaded from her spot on the floor, holding her already bruising cheek, “You’re hurting her!” 

Darcie gasped and Ami screamed as Jeremy Fraser pulled his magnum revolver from the back of his pants. Darcie closed her eyes, her whole body shaking. Her father had always had a short temper, but add alcohol to the mix and it was down right deadly. He had pulled the gun on her brother in law once and had spent three months in jail, getting out on a technicality.  

A snarl behind them made both Darcie and her father turn in time to see Bronx break free of Ami and jump at Jeremy. Darcie screamed as her father calmly pulled the trigger, the force of the bullet sending her poor dog back with a yelp, before collapsing in a heap on the floor. 

~ * ~

 

Darcie’s eyes shot open and she fought against Chris’s arms as he shook her awake. Darcie breathed heavily and covered her face with her hands as she let the remainder of her nightmare wash itself from her mind.

 

“You alright?” Chris asked, pulling her to him.

 

Darcie had decided to spend the night when Ami headed out to a club with the rest of the guys. She and Chris had been watching a movie in his bed and she must have drifted off to sleep.

 

“Yeah, it was just a stupid nightmare.” Darcie said, wiping at the tears on her cheeks.

 

“Nightmare or memory?” Chris asked.

 

“Both I guess, it was a nightmare living through it.” Darcie muttered as she sat up.

 

“Darc, maybe you should get…”

 

“I’m not going to counselling Chris.” Darcie told him, “I saw one after it happened.”

 

“Ami is still seeing one.” Chris pointed out.

 

“Chris can we please not start this again?” Darcie pleaded, “I’ve dealt with what happened, I’ve moved on.”

 

“Is that why you’ve insisted that we don’t tell the guys what happened?”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes; she realized that there was going to be no way out of the conversation. They had been having it off and on for the entire time that they had known each other.

 

Darcie’s father had been a drinker for as long as she could remember, but it hadn’t been until she turned twelve that it had developed into an actual problem. Her mother always joked around, blaming it on the fact that his baby girl was reaching her teenage years.

 

It was around that time that he became abusive. Both Darcie and her older sister Dale had been spanked as children, but it was usually reserved for things that needed severe punishment, and even then it had been their mother that gave them.

 

Dale moved out once she turned eighteen and their mother began working nights once or twice a week at the bakery she had been employed at for almost ten years. The first night that Jeremy had hit Darcie was after they got into a fight and he slapped her across the face. He had hit her hard enough to split open her lip, but he had apologized quickly.

 

He didn’t touch Darcie for nearly three months, not even to give her a hug or a kiss goodbye when he went out of town on a conference. Not long after he returned he lost his job and began drinking steadily. With his drinking came an even shorter temper that was usually directed more at his wife, but when Darcie began sticking up for her mother, he began to abuse her.

 

Most times he would hit her when she made his temper flair up, then it became a game to see how much he could hit her before she cried or ran away. Most times Darcie would run to Ami’s house, which was just a few houses down, but then her mother or father would come looking for her.

 

When Dale announced that she was going to be bringing her new boyfriend home to meet the family, Jeremy backed off and didn’t touch Darcie. Of course that lasted for the first three days of Chris’s visit.

 

~ * ~

 Darcie grimaced as she caught sight of her reflection in the hallway mirror. Her black eye had gotten progressively worse through out the day. At least this time she had the satisfaction of knowing that her father was suffering much worse then her since she had managed to duck when he threw one final punch at her. If the crack had been indication, he had to have broken at least one knuckle when his fist hit the wall. 

“Hey kid, I’m ready for our – Jesus, what the hell happened to you?” Chris asked, climbing to his feet. 

Darcie groaned when she heard Chris’s voice. She had completely forgotten that she was going to go to Canada’s Wonderland with him, since Dale had made it obvious that she thought the idea was rediculess way to spend a Friday afternoon.  

“It’s nothing, just got into an argument with a kid in school.” Darcie muttered, ditching her bag in the hall closet.  

“I hope the little shit got suspended.” 

“It’s nothing Chris, don’t worry about it.” Darcie muttered, “Let’s go have some fun.” 

~ * ~

 

Of course she had only been able to keep up the stories for so long. After Chris and Dale had broken up, he and Darcie still remained in constant contact. NSYNC had been in New York City for an interview, and since the interview had been first thing in the morning, Chris decided to fly up to Toronto to surprise Darcie.

 

~ * ~

“You get back here!” Chris heard Jeremy’s angry shout as he climbed the front porch. 

“Fuck off dad,” came Darcie’s reply, “I’m going to Ami’s to study.” 

“Like hell you are.” 

Chris tried the door handle to see if it would open when he heard the sound of skin hitting skin. Luckily the door swung open and he was able to enter the house, finding Darcie sitting on the floor, a hand against her cheek, glaring up at her father. 

“What in the hell do you think you’re doing?” Chris demanded as he stood between them. 

“Chris, what are you doing here?” Darcie asked in surprise. 

“What, since one daughter dumped you, you have to go for the jail bait?” Chris winced at the smell of alcohol coming off of Jeremy.

“Just stay away from her Jeremy; you have no right to treat her like this.” 

“She’s my goddamned daughter; I’ll treat her any way I please!” 

Chris rolled his eyes and helped Darcie to her feet, “Go pack some clothes, you’re coming with me.” 

“Chris I can’t just leave, I have finals next week!” Darcie said, using his arm to balance herself when she was hit by a dizzy spell. 

“We’ll find a way to get you out of them, now go.” Chris said, pushing her gently, “And you, if you lay one finger on her again I’ll make sure to be all over your ass.” 

~ * ~

 

Chris had helped Darcie pack up some clothes, insisting that she pack more then the small suitcase she put together. Eventually he hauled out the two large ones that he had bought her when they began planning her summer vacation on tour so that she could meet the rest of the guys.

 

The entire time Darcie insisted that she wouldn’t be able to go for that long since she would need to be back in time for finals. Chris ignored her and ended up packing almost every piece of clothing that she had owned at the time. Once that was done he led her down the stairs and made sure to keep himself between Jeremy and Darcie before packing up her things into his car and driving down to the bakery where Darcie’s mother worked.

 

~ * ~

 “Chris, Darcie, what are you two doing here?” Samantha Fraser asked as she came from the back.

“Mrs. Fraser, I need your permission to take Darcie out of school and on tour with me earlier then we planned.” Chris told her. 

“What’s wrong?” Samantha asked them. 

“Chris walked in on me and dad having an argument.” Darcie sighed. 

“Some fucking argument.” Chris muttered. 

“Oh dear,” Samantha gasped, “He promised me that he wasn’t going to do that anymore!” 

Darcie laughed bitterly at that, “Please, you of all people should know not to trust anything that comes out of that mans mouth.” 

Samantha chewed on her bottom lip nervously, “I don’t know Darcie, what about your finals?” 

“I’m sure if you say that there was a family emergency the school can arrange to have them sent to her. Justin and Lance still have tutors so I’m sure one of them can over see her final.” Chris told her. 

“Mom, what will happen to you once dad finds out that you let me go?” Darcie asked suddenly. 

“Don’t worry about me baby, the man knows better then to mess with me.” Samantha hissed out, “Let me grab some paper and I’ll write a letter for the boarder patrol.” 

“What are you talking about?” Darcie asked. “Chris is going to need a letter that’s confirms that he has permission to take you out of the country since you’re still underage.” Samantha told her daughter, “Wait here and I’ll be back in a few minutes.” 

~ * ~

 

Darcie had been surprised at how easily her mother had given into the idea of Darcie leaving, especially since she only had a week of school left. Like Chris had said, Samantha told the school that there had been a family emergency and arranged for all of Darcie’s tests to be sent to the tutor that was teaching Lance and Justin. Before she even met the guys Chris hid her away in his house and made her study for her finals, insisting that meeting the other guys would only distract her. Of course she knew that the real reason for it had been to give her bruises time to heal, and there were a lot of them.

 

With Chris’s help she aced through her finals, and she had spent half of the time teasing him, telling him he missed his calling as a teacher instead of a Pop star. Once her finals were out of the way he took her shopping, insisting that after taking a look at her wardrobe, she was going to need new clothes for the tour.

 

Once she was settled and Chris was ready to introduce her to the guys, he invited them over to his place for a barbeque.

 

~ * ~

 Chris watched Darcie pace back and forth, tugging nervously and the hem of her shirt. “Would you relax?” Chris asked, “You’re going to wear a hole in my grass.” 

Darcie shot him a glare before resuming her pacing, “Do not even start with me Chris.” She muttered.  

“D there is nothing to be nervous about. You’ve seen the MMC tapes which mean that you have ammo against Justin and JC. Joey loves everyone, sometimes a little too much, and Lance is quiet and shy.” Chris told her, leaning back in his chair and taking a sip of his beer, “They’ll love you to bits.” 

“You’re just saying that.” Darcie said, walking to him and snatching the beer out of his hand and taking a sip. 

“Hey!” Chris shouted, snatching his beer back, “Your mother would kill me if she knew I let you drink.” 

“It was a sip, not like I downed a two six.” She snapped. 

Chris rolled his eyes, “I don’t know why you think that they’ll hate you. I love you, have since I met you.” 

Darcie sighed and sat down between his legs on the lounge chair. “You had to love me; you were trying to get into my sisters pants.” 

Chris burst out laughing as he sat up and wrapped his arms around her. He slowly began rocking them back and forth. “You’re all I ever wanted.” He sang loudly, out of tune and with a fake southern accent. 

“What are you doing?” Darcie giggled, pushing at Chris’s arms. 

“Trying to relax you.” He sang to the same tune, “'Cause you’re too up tight.” 

Darcie rolled her eyes and pushed harder at his arms, “Okay, you’re hilarious, now let me go.” 

“Not until you calm down.” Chris sang again. 

“This isn’t a Broadway play Christopher; you don’t have to sing every sentence to me.” She said, finally breaking free and attempting to stand up.  

When she looked back at Chris she could see the exact moment an idea hit him.

“I think it’s time to break out the big guns.” 

Darcie’s eyes widened as she started to back up, “Chris, no.”

“Oh yes, I think it’s time, to break out the giggle monster.” 

Darcie shrieked and turned to start running away from him, “Chris I’m not one of your baby sisters, you don’t have to tickle me.” 

“Oh I think I do!” Chris shouted, closing the distance between them. 

He lunged at Darcie and ended up slipping, only making her run as fast as she could. She glanced over her shoulder to watch him pick himself off the ground. When she turned back she slammed into some ones chest. If it hadn’t been for Joey bracing them, she and Justin probably would have fallen over.

Darcie quickly stepped back, a blush steadily creeping up her neck to her cheeks.

“Sorry.” She muttered softly.  

“It’s alright; you’re not hurt are you?” Justin asked, reaching out to steady her as she rubbed her nose gently.  

“It doesn’t feel like it’s broken.” Darcie muttered, still backing away. 

“You sure?” Joey asked, “Justin’s nipples could probably take an eye out.” 

Darcie’s lips twitched into a smile, “There’s a mental image I could have lived without.” 

Chris appeared at her side and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “Guys, this is Darcie; the one I was telling you about.” 

By now JC and Lance had entered the backyard and were looking at her curiously. Joey moved forward and picked up her hand, kissing the back of it, “So this is lil miss Canada.” 

Chris rolled his eyes, “That’s Joey; you’ll stay away from him if you know what’s good for you.” 

“Hey!” Joey exclaimed as Justin cackled and Darcie blushed, gently pulling her hand from him.  

“The fuzz ball beside him is Justin.” Chris said, as Justin held out his hand, “You probably won’t really hang out with him since any conversation will be one sided.” 

Darcie looked back and forth between them, “He doesn’t strike me as the shy type.” 

“He’s not; the conversation will be all about him.” Lance said walking up and grabbing her hand, “I’m Lance, second youngest of the group.” 

“Him you can hang out with, but his taste in music is slightly different from yours.” Chris warned her. 

“Why’s that?”  

“Two words, Garth Brooks.” Joey teased, “You don’t listen to that do you?” 

“Not exactly.” 

“The tall, skinny and anti-social one in the back would be JC.” Chris told her, “But watch out for that one, most girls your age have lost all innocence to that man.” 

“I beg your pardon.” JC said as he moved closer. 

“It’s 'cause you’re purdy JC.” Justin told him. “Let’s get this show on the road; me and Darcie will grab the beer.” 

Darcie’s eyes grew wide as Justin grabbed her hand and led her inside the house, “You two stay out of the alcohol!” 

~ * ~

 

Darcie gasped as Chris shoved a glass of milk under her nose. He must have gotten up while she was lost in her memories.

 

“What’s this for?” She asked, taking it.

 

“It’ll help you sleep.”

 

Darcie took a sip and could barely swallow it, “Chris, this is warm!”

 

“That’s the point, warm milk helps you sleep.” Chris said, climbing back into bed.

 

“That’s an old wives tale!” Darcie pouted.

 

“I don’t care drink it.” Chris rolled his eyes when Darcie scrunched up her nose, “It’s not going to kill you.”

 

“You probably slipped a valium in here or something.” She muttered as she plugged her nose and downed the glass.

 

“I wish I had thought of that.” Chris said as she placed the empty glass on the bedside table, “It would have saved me a lot of trouble.”

 

Darcie sighed and lay back down beside him, letting him pull her against his body. She was well aware how intimate their embrace was, but to her and Chris it had never been a big deal. When Darcie had first gone on the road with them she had often climbed into Chris’s bunk when ever she felt the pangs of home sickness. Chris’s arms brought her comfort that no one else’s ever had.

 

 “Get some sleep lil girl; we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” Chris’s voice rumbled in her ear.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love tour jc justin joey chris lance