Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: original characters and plot are mine, please don't steal and please don't sue me :)

Rachel woke up Thursday morning to rain hitting against her bedroom window and felt like death warmed over.  Her head hurt and she groaned as she turned over and curled into a ball.  She was grateful the day was dark and overcast.  At least she wouldn't have to try and cover her curtains with a blanket to block out the light even more as she tried to go back to sleep.  Just as she was about to pull the covers over her head Rachel groaned and rolled back over as the familiar ring of her cell phone cut through the pain she was in.  She reached for her phone intent on silencing the evil devise, until she read the name on the screen.  JC.  She flipped the phone open.  "Hey." She said. 

"Where are you?" He asked inquisitively, causing Rachel's heart to skip.  How was it he could affect so easily...and over the phone for crying out loud! 

"I'm at home, where are you?" She asked, closing her eyes and rolling back on her pillow. 

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" He asked.  "I called your office but they said you weren't in yet.  You're late." He teased.

Rachel groaned.  "I'm taking the day off." 

"You're taking the day off?" He asked with a chuckle.  "Why?"

"Can't a girl take a day off once in a while?" Rachel asked turning the volume of her phone down and pinching the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger trying to fight the pounding in her head. 

"What about me?" He asked.

"What about you?" She chuckled.

"I thought we could get together today and go over...something." 

"You'll have to survive without me today." She laughed as she rolled over on her side, pulling the blankets up and tucking them under her chin.  "If you really need to talk to someone go get Tony or one of the other guys.  They should all be there today working."

"I don't want to talk to Tony." He replied, pouting like a child not getting his way.  "I wanted to talk to you about some ideas I had." 

"Well, they're going to have to wait.  I'm off today...and I'm probably going to be off tomorrow as well." She replied.  "We can get together on Monday to talk about your ideas."

"Why?" He asked. 

"Why Monday?"

"No.  Why are you off?"

Are you always this annoying?" Rachel asked with a chuckle.  She didn't want to tell him her reason for taking the next couple days off.  It wasn't that she was embarrassed-after all it was a monthly inconvenience that every woman had to deal with-she just assumed he might be embarrassed if she told him. 

"Please, Rachel?" He asked.  "I know it's your day off, but I really want to see you today." 

"No, JC.  I'm not coming over." 

"Listen, it will only be for a few minutes.  I--" 

"I'm hanging up now, JC." Rachel said. 

"-know it's you're day off, but it'll be quick." He continued as if he hadn't heard her.  "I--" 

"Good-bye, JC." Rachel said as she flipped her phone closed, cutting him off.  She giggled when she thought about what Megan would say if she found out Rachel had just hung up on JC Chasez.  She was reaching over to place the phone back on her night stand as it began ringing again.  Rachel looked at the screen, smiling as she read JC's name once again on the screen.  She flipped it open and held it to her ear. 

"Listen, Sassy Pants." He said.  Rachel's smile grew and she had to bite back a laugh at his sudden nickname for her.  "I don't appreciate you hanging up on me." 

"Well, I don't appreciate you rambling on and on and not taking ‘no' for an answer.  What part of ‘it's my day off' don't you understand?" She asked, trying to sound annoyed.  She heard him take a deep breath and shook her head, rolling her eyes as he blew it out.  She could picture him sitting on the couch, a serious expression on his handsome face as he attempted to figure out a way to get her to give in to him.  "It can't be that important," she said, "that it can't wait a few days." 

"Why are you taking the day off?" He asked. 

"Like it's any of your business?" She asked. 

"I'm just curious, Sassy." He shot back and Rachel giggled.  She liked knowing JC could dish out as much attitude as she did.  "You're seeing someone else aren't you?" He asked.  "That's it, huh?  That's fine, whatever...I just wish you would have told me..."

"Oh, brother!" Rachel laughed.  "Alright, if you must know..." she drawled. 

"I must." He answered. 

"I'm not feeling well, alright?" 

"Are you okay?" He asked, sincerely. 

"I will be...if people would stop calling and harassing me and just let me get some sleep!" She explained with a laugh.

"Do you need anything?" He asked and she smiled, touched at his obvious concern for her-proving that he really was interested in her.

"No, I'm fine.  I'm just going to go back to bed and try and sleep it off.  I'll call you later." She said.

"Alright." He said.  "Call me if you need something."

"I will.  Bye."  She hung up on him for a second time and, after calling in to work and explaining that she was taking a couple sick days, Rachel set her phone to silent.  Burrowing deeper under the covers and closing her eyes-listening to the steady sound of the rain falling outside-she quickly fell asleep.

Rachel stood looking at herself in the mirror, confused as to why she was wearing a wedding dress.  "And the ugliest wedding dress I've seen as well." She said out loud as she turned and looked at the back of the dress.  The bodice was strapless and fitted, while the skirt was big and full and came to her ankles.  She lifted the skirt and grimaced as she saw the shoes on her feet.  "They're as bad as the dress." She said.  The white heeled sandals would have been fine, but for the straps that wound up her leg Egyptian style.  "How did I decide this was okay to wear?  Why didn't Megan say something?" 

Rachel heard a door open behind her and turned, shocked to see Lucy standing there.  "Lucy?" Rachel asked.  "What are you doing here?"

"The colors are all wrong." Lucy said, walking towards her.  "It's just not working.  Everything needs to be changed if you want your reception to go well."

"Listen." Rachel said, placing her hands on her hips.  "I don't have time for this.  I can't talk to you right now about colors; I'm getting married right now."

Before Lucy could say anything Rachel suddenly found herself standing at the front of a church.  She looked over at the man standing next to her and about fainted when he smiled back at her, his blue eyes sparkling.  I'm marrying Justin Timberlake?! She thought. Rachel looked around the church and saw her parents and her high school dance coach who she hadn't seen in almost ten years.  As her eyes traveled over the other people that had come they landed on Jackson sitting by himself.  "Where's Megan?" Rachel asked him, but he just shrugged as someone suddenly came running into the church.

"Wait!"  He called out breathlessly.  "Wait!"

Rachel stood watching as Lance came running up to her and Justin.  "You can't marry Justin." Lance said. 

"Why not?" Rachel asked.

"Because I'm in love with you."

"But you're gay." Rachel said.

"Who said I was gay?" Lance asked.

"People magazine." Rachel stood looking at him, suddenly feeling frustrated.  Turning to Justin she handed him the bouquet of daisies she suddenly realized she'd been holding.  "Here." She said.

"Where are you going?" Justin asked.

"I'm running away."  Rachel replied, hiking up her skirt and running out of the church.  As she ran down the street she realized she was close to her apartment and decided to just run home.  Finally getting to her apartment, Rachel sat down on her couch turning on the television and realized that somehow she'd changed out of her wedding dress and was in her pajamas.  As she sat watching Access Hollywood someone knocked on her door.  She answered it to find Megan standing there holding a little black kitten.

"How come you weren't at my wedding?" Rachel asked.

"I had to go buy you a cat, so you wouldn't be alone anymore." Megan answered, as she handed Rachel the kitten.

"But I'm not alone." Rachel said, looking at the kitten in confusion.  "And I don't want a cat."

"You have to have a cat if you're going to be living here." Megan told her, then turned and left.

The ringing of her cell phone stopped Rachel from going after Megan.  "Hello?" Rachel answered, still confused as to why Megan had insisted on giving her a cat.

"Rachel, it's Benjamin."

"Oh, hey Ben." Rachel smiled as she greeted the boy she'd been the fall back girl for in college.

"Listen," he said.  "I love you.  Will you marry me?"

"Sure." Rachel said, looking down at herself to find she was once more in her wedding dress.

"I'm down at the church."

"I'll be right there." Rachel said, hanging up and setting the kitten down on the ground.  "Be good." She told the cat.  "Please don't pee on anything."  As she walked out the door of her apartment she had to put her hand up to shield her eyes as a million flashes went off.  "Who are you people?" She asked as she heard the continuous clicking of the cameras going off.

"Are you dating JC Chasez?" A voice in the crowd asked.

"What?" She asked.

"Are you dating JC Chasez?"

"I'm marrying Benjamin." She thought, even though somehow she knew she didn't want to marry Benjamin.

"Are you dating JC Chasez?"

"Stop taking my picture!" She insisted.  "I don't want my picture being taken."

"Rachel."

Rachel turned, a sense of relief flooding her as JC suddenly appeared, taking her hand and running away with her.  As they escaped the photographers they stopped.  "What are you doing here?" Rachel asked him.

"I'm taking you to the airport."

"Why?" She asked confused.

"You're going to be late for your honeymoon." He told her as they got into his car.

"I didn't marry Benjamin." She confessed.

"I know."

"Then why are you driving me to the airport for my honeymoon? I'm not married.  I don't have a husband."

"I'm going with you."

"On my honeymoon?!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Yes.  I don't want you to be alone in Hawaii." He explained.

"I'm going to Hawaii for my honeymoon?" She asked.  As soon as the words were said Rachel found herself sitting on an airplane, this time wearing a pair of jeans and a black tank top, ordering drinks and taking the small bags of peanuts the flight attendant gave them.  "I've never been to Hawaii." She told JC.  He smiled over at her.

"I like you." He said.  

Rachel woke with a start as a car suddenly honked right outside her window.  Looking at the clock on the nightstand she was surprised to realize it was almost two.  The rain was still falling steadily outside, and she couldn't help giggling as the memory of the dream she'd just had remained with her.  That was pretty much the most ridiculous dream I've ever had.  She thought as she stretched lazily.  She felt a little better but her muscles ached from lying in bed for so long.  Grabbing her phone she scrolled through the messages she'd gotten.  Two from Megan asking how her day was going and wondering why she wasn't answering her texts, and one from JC.

How're you feeling?

She smiled when she read his text.  Scrolling to the bottom she noticed he'd only sent it about fifteen minutes ago.  Opening up a new message she typed:

Better.  I think I'll live :)

Rachel sent her reply then got up.  She knew she'd feel better after a shower and was actually feeling kind of hungry.  She'd only taken a step though, when her phone vibrated on the nightstand.  Picking it up and opening the text she'd received she smiled.

I was beginning to think you'd died.  I was starting to worry.

Typing out a reply she sent it then tossed her phone on the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

No need to worry.  I'm not dead yet :)

Twenty minutes later, after letting the hot water from her shower massage her sore muscles, and feeling rejuvenated, Rachel pulled on a pair of grey sweatpants and her favorite black T-shirt.  Pulling her drying hair back in a messy bun she put her glasses on and grabbed her phone, heading towards the kitchen.  Opening her pantry and staring at the box of Rice Krispies, the few cans of tuna and the couple boxes of Rice-A-Roni she had on hand, Rachel grimaced.  "I don't have anything to eat and there's no way I'm going out looking like this." 

She walked over to her fridge and pulled it open, hoping that miraculously there would be something appetizing inside.  She sighed at the contents of her fridge.  I'd kill for some onion rings right now.  She thought.  "Looks like I'm going to have to go out."  She looked down at herself.  She'd have to change before leaving.  Rachel turned to head back to her room as her phone chimed again.  Flipping it open she read JC's text:

Up for some company?

Just then, someone knocked on her door.  "What?" She asked out loud, looking back and forth between the door and her phone.  How does he know where I live? Walking the few feet to the door Rachel curiously opened it.

"Hey." JC said, a huge smile on his face 

"Hi." She answered, leaning against the door as she looked at him, pleasantly surprised.  "How...how did you know where I lived?" She asked.

~~~~~

"The internet." JC replied, continuing to stand on Rachel's landing.  His eyes quickly traveled over her, from her hair pulled back in a quick and sloppy bun, to the small brown framed glasses perched on her cute nose, to the sweats and baggy T-shirt she wore. He'd never seen her in such a mess and...she'd never been more adorable.  As he continued looking at her, his mind finally registered the design on the front of her black T-shirt and he slowly raised one brow as his eyes connected with hers once more.  "Cute shirt." He said in reference to the old N SYNC tour shirt she was wearing.  He saw the confusion in her brown eyes until she looked down, then he saw her cheeks redden in embarrassment and couldn't help chuckling as she swore under her breath.  "Are you an Indiana Jones fan?" He asked lifting his copy of The Last Crusade on DVD he had brought. 

"Who's not an Indy fan?" Rachel replied with a smile, her eyes never leaving his and he smiled in return as she stepped back and he walked in to her apartment.

"There's nothing better when your sick than a good movie." He said.  "And this is the best one, in my opinion."

"It's a good one." Rachel said as she took the movie from him and walked towards her television.  JC sat down on her couch, his eyes traveling around the room, taking in the feel of the room.  It was a small space, but it was comfortable and inviting.  Rachel had decorated the room in different shades of brown and tan with red accents here and there.  As she turned on the television and walked towards the couch he smiled up at her.  He felt like he hadn't been able to stop smiling since lunch yesterday.  It had been a long time since he'd been this happy and as Rachel came and sat next to him, JC felt a bit giddy inside.

"You know what would make this day even better?" Rachel asked, looking at him.

"What?" He asked, willing and ready to do whatever it would take to make this woman happy.

"I'm starving." She confessed.  "And I was just thinking how I would kill for some onion rings right now."

He chuckled.  "Onion rings?" He asked.

"I know it sounds weird, but that's what I'm craving.  I was going to go out and get some when you showed up.  Wanna go get something to eat?" She looked at him expectantly.  "There's a Sonic just around the corner." She told him.

"Alright, let's go." He said standing and holding a hand out to her.  Rachel smiled brightly as she placed her hand in his and stood next to him.  "You might want to change out of that shirt though." He winked at her as he squeezed her hand.

"I'll be right back." She said, letting go of his hand and walking towards, what he assumed, was her bedroom.

JC chuckled and put his hands in his pockets.  He wandered around the small front room, looking at the photos she had up, as he waited.  Most of the pictures were of her and Megan. JC picked up a different photo of the girls that had been taken at Megan's wedding last year.  He ran his thumb over Rachel's image, his lips turning up slightly.  She really did look great in red and he hoped he'd have another chance to see her in a red dress soon.  Replacing the frame he glanced over her extensive CD collection.  She was right, her taste in music was very eclectic-rock, pop, alternative, R&B, classical, and everything in between.  It reminded him of his own music collection and he smiled as he saw several albums he owned.  He chuckled as he saw a few all too familiar CD cases.  He counted them.  Twelve.  She even had their European and Asian albums.  She really is a fan.  He thought. I hope I'm doing the right thing.  He turned when he heard her walking back into the room, his heart thumping as she smiled up at him. 

"Ready?" She asked, pulling a pink ASU hoodie over the black tank top she'd changed into. 

"Yeah." He replied, taking her hand as she slipped her feet into a pair of black flip flops as they left the apartment. 

"I can drive, if you want." She offered. 

"No. You're sick." He said.  "I'm driving."

"Okay." She smiled, following him towards his car.

~~~~~

Rachel followed him towards where his Mercedes was parked.  As they got in she smiled over at him, once again thinking about the dream she'd had she chuckled as he started the car.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

She looked over at him as he put the car in reverse.  "I had a dream about you today." She said.

He looked over at her in surprise.  "You had a dream about me?" He asked, sounding intrigued.

"Yeah." She smiled.  "Well, it wasn't about you, but you were in it."

"What kind of dream was it?"

"A crazy one." She laughed then was quiet.

"Well, are you going to tell me about it?" He asked.  "Or were you just informing me that you'd had a dream about me?"

Rachel smiled.  "I was getting married," she said.  "I think.  And my dress was hideous, by the way.  Definitely not what I am going to where when I do get married.  Anyway, then Lucy-bridezilla, I told you about her-showed up and told me that I had to redo all my colors.  Then I was at the church and Lance came busting in telling me I couldn't get married because he was in love with me and I remember saying, ‘But you're gay.'"  JC laughed out loud as she continued relaying her dream to him.  "Then I was running back to my apartment and Megan showed up with this cat telling me she bought it for me because she didn't want me to be alone and that I needed to have a cat.  Then Benjamin called and proposed to me."

"Benjamin?" JC asked through his laughter.  He looked at her in confusion.  "Who's Benjamin?"

"Oh," Rachel pushed her hand through the air.  "He's this guy I knew in college.  We...well, we kind of...um, it's complicated." Rachel said, not really sure how to explain Benjamin or her relationship with him to JC.  JC kept glancing over at her, his blue eyes conveying his interest and confusion.  "Basically, we were make-out buddies." Rachel confessed, reaching up and adjusting her glasses nervously.  "It was never serious between us." She rushed to reassure him.  "He..." She shrugged.  "I was the one he always called when he was between girlfriends.  I broke it off with him a few years ago." She said.  "Told him I didn't want to be the ‘fall-back' girl the rest of my life."

"Hmmm." He hummed.  "Was that the end of the dream?" He asked.

"No." Rachel said.

"What happened next?" He prompted.

"Um...Benjamin called and asked me to marry him.  I said okay and told him I'd meet him at the church.  I walked out of my apartment and there were all these people standing outside taking my picture.  Then you showed up." She turned and smiled at him.  "You told me you were taking me to Hawaii.  So you drove me to the airport and we got on a plane and then I woke up."

He chuckled.  "Are your dreams always that crazy?"

"Yes." Rachel laughed as they pulled into the drive-thru at Sonic.

Ten minutes later they were back at her apartment, sitting on the couch-burgers, onion rings and a couple of chocolate shakes sitting on the coffee table-as they once again started the movie.  Rachel grabbed her container of onion rings and sat back.  She took a bite and moaned in pleasure.

"Good?" He chuckled as he unwrapped the bacon cheeseburger he'd gotten and bit into it.

"Fantastic." She sighed, reaching for her chocolate shake.  "Thanks for going with me." She smiled at him.

"Anytime." He replied. 

They ate while they watched the movie, occasionally talking and making comments about what was going on.  When she'd finished eating Rachel pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around her legs.  Even though she was sitting inches from JC and wanted nothing but to curl up next to him, she wasn't sure what was okay and what wasn't okay to do in regards to physical affection with him.  It had been a while since she'd been in a real relationship with a guy and she felt awkward.  She felt him shift on the couch beside her and her heart leapt.  Her pulse began racing, wondering if he was going to touch her in some way.  Give me a sign, JC.  She thought.  I don't know what to do.  As a few more moments passed-JC doing nothing-Rachel bit her bottom lip, as she put her feet back down on the floor and leaned forward.  After watching Harrison Ford and Sean Connery running and fighting Nazi soldiers for another couple minutes Rachel finally gave up.  Screw it.  She thought.  I'm just going to go for it.  He said he wanted to see if this was real...so let's see.   

~~~~~

JC struggled to breathe evenly, hoping Rachel wouldn't notice how his heart was racing sitting here next to her.  He tried to stay focused on the movie, but couldn't.  He wanted to pull her next to him-wanted to hold her, to touch her in some way-but she sat there with her arms around her drawn up legs, giving him no hint whatsoever that she wanted him to touch her and he didn't want to push her.  He watched from the corner of his eyes as she put her feet back on the floor and leaned forward, her eyes focused on the screen in front of them.

"This is my favorite...part..." He trailed off as Rachel shifted beside him.  She brought her legs up, tucking them beneath her as her knees came to rest against his thigh, and his heart skipped a few beats.  Rachel laid her head against his shoulder and he smiled, turning his head slightly as the movie continued, and rested his cheek against the top of her head.  He inhaled deeply as the smell of her shampoo did a number on him.  He'd never smelled raspberry shampoo before but suddenly decided it was his favorite.  Closing his eyes he moved his arm, placing it around her shoulders and pulling her closer as she snuggled against him.

~~~~~

Rachel smiled as she put a hand on JC's chest and relaxed against him.  She felt him kiss the top of her head and her stomach flipped.  He moved the hand that was resting on her shoulders, his fingers coming up-softly tracing the outline of her ear and playing with the hair that had escaped her ponytail holder.  Rachel shivered at his touch. 

"Are you cold?" He asked, tightening his arm around her.

"No." She whispered, raising her head and looking at him as he looked down at her.  They both smiled and she once again laid her head on his shoulder.  Rachel yawned and felt her eye lids grow heavy.  The food in her stomach, the darkness of the apartment and the warm, comfortable body next to her all worked to lull her into a more relaxed state and before she knew it she was falling asleep.   

Rachel awoke some time later and slowly opened her eyes, yawning.  She snuggled closer to JC, his warmth and the delicious scent of his cologne putting her in heaven.  The movie had apparently ended and the television had been turned off.  Her apartment was dark and quiet.  She could still hear the rain falling outside.  Closing her eyes again Rachel moved the hand that had been resting on his chest down and across his stomach, her arm resting against his waist.  She heard him groan quietly and looked up, smiling as she took in his sleeping features.  His left elbow was propped up on the arm of the couch, his head resting in his hand-his handsome face relaxed in sleep.  His legs were stretched out, his ankles crossed as his feet rested on her coffee table amid the wrappers of the food they'd eaten.  Looking back up at his face, Rachel wanted to reach up and run her fingers over the slight stubble covering his jaw-but that would require moving her arm and releasing the hold she hand on him and she wasn't sure she wanted to let go of him yet.    

Just then, JC let out another groan as he moved, his arm releasing her as he raised both arms above his head and stretched.  Rachel watched him, smiling as his sleepy blue eyes opened and looked at her.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey." He said, the low gravely tone of his voice making her heart flutter.  "What time is it?" He asked, as he looked at her.

"Almost seven." Rachel informed him after looking at her phone.  "Mmmm...the rain always makes me tired."  She stretched.  "Oh, I'm a mess." She said, running her hand over her hair and looking down at herself.  "What?" She asked as he just sat there looking at her.

"You're beautiful." He said.

"I look like crap." She responded with a chuckle.  "Are you still asleep?" She asked.

"No." He shook his head.  "You're beautiful and I better get going." He said, moving to stand.  

"Why?" Rachel asked.  "You don't have to go."

~~~~~

JC sat there looking at her, the tiredness he was feeling quickly leaving as she sat there looking at him.  "Yeah..." He drawled.  "Yeah, I do."

When Rachel had fallen asleep against him he had turned the movie off and just let her sleep-relishing the feeling of having her in his arms.  It had been a powerful feeling when she'd curled up against him-the knowledge that she trusted him enough to make herself that vulnerable to him making him resolve to never break that trust.  If he stayed he knew what would happen and he also knew that with that inevitable outcome the trust she'd given him would be taken away.  For once in his life, he wasn't in a rush to sleep with a girl.  For once in his life, he wanted to take things slowly.  He'd meant what he'd told her yesterday-he wanted to see if what they had was real and he didn't want whatever they had going to be cheapened in any way. 

JC stood slowly and she followed.  He watched as she walked to the television, took the DVD out of the player, put it in its case then turned and walked back to him.  As he took the movie from her, Rachel brushed some of the hair that had escaped while she slept from her eyes, then wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head against his chest.  Breathing deeply, JC wrapped his arms around her as well, resting his chin atop her head. 

After a minute she pulled back and looked up at him, saying nothing though her eyes conveyed everything he was feeling.  He lifted one hand and cupped her face, his thumb caressing her cheek.  Lowering his head he pressed his lips against hers and kissed her softly.  Resting his forehead against hers, JC opened his eyes and stared into hers.  What are you doing to me? He wanted to ask, feeling himself falling-hard.  He rubbed his thumb over her bottom lip.  "I'll call you later." He said, kissing her once more before turning and leaving the apartment.

~~~~~

Rachel leaned against the door, watching as JC walked out to the parking lot.  She raised a hand and ran her fingertips over her lips.  She could still feel his lips against hers and it made a tingle run down her spine.  She sighed as she saw him drive away and finally shut the door.  Leaning back against it, Rachel smiled as she thought about the last couple hours, once again feeling a tingle go down her spine.  How in the world had she won the lottery and ended up with JC Chasez interested in her?  Rachel shook her head in disbelief, walking back towards the couch when she heard her phone vibrate on the coffee table.  Flipping it open she read the text she'd received, a smile spreading across her face.

I want to see you again. 

She quickly typed out a response and sent it to him.

I'm sure that can be arranged.  What do you have in mind? 

Rachel pulled her legs up beneath her on the couch as she waited for JC to answer.

Dinner.  Tomorrow.  What do you say?

Typing her answer-yes-Rachel sent the message then began cleaning up all the wrappers on the coffee table.  She had just sat back down on the couch, turning on the television to see what was on when her phone vibrated again.  Picking it up she flipped it open and read:

Are you dead?  How come  you haven't answered any of my texts today?

Muting the television Rachel dialed Megan's number.

"So you're not dead!" Megan exclaimed when she answered. 

"No.  I'm not dead." Rachel chuckled.

"You've been unusually quiet today." Megan observed. 

"I've been a little preoccupied." Rachel replied, curling up on the couch in the spot where JC had been sitting, the cushions still holding the residual warmth of his body.

"With what?"

"JC."

"What?" Megan's attention instantly grabbed.  "What happened?"

"We slept together." Rachel replied, biting her lip to keep from laughing.

"Are you serious?!" Megan screamed.  "You slept with him?"

"Yeah." Rachel answered; fighting the laughter she felt building.

"When...how...uh...you better start talking."

Rachel chuckled.  "Calm down, Megs."

"Calm down?  Calm down? How in the hell am I supposed to calm down?  You just slept with JC Chasez?!  How come you're not freaking out?" She asked, clearly confused at Rachel's calm demeanor over the phone.

"It's really not that big of a deal." Rachel answered, looking at her fingernails.

"It's not..." Megan trailed off in complete shock.  "Okay, who are you and what the hell have you done with my best friend?"  Finally Rachel laughed.  "Is this a joke?" Megan asked.  "If this is a joke we will cease to be friends.  Right now.  I'm serious."

"I wasn't feeling well today." Rachel explained.  "So I took the day off.  He called me this morning and I told him I was sick, then he showed up a few hours ago and we went and got something to eat then watched a movie and we both fell asleep on the couch."

"So you slept together.  Literally." Megan stated in clarification.

"Yeah.  That's what I said." Rachel giggled.  "We slept together."

"I hate you." Megan responded.  "Here I was getting all excited and nothing actually happened.  You're evil."

"Muahaha!" Rachel laughed evilly.

"Quit being a brat."

"We're going to dinner tomorrow night." Rachel said.

"Where?"

"I don't know.  He didn't say."

"Rachel?" Megan asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you realize that you're dating JC Chasez?!  Ahhh!!" Megan exclaimed excitedly and Rachel giggled.  "Sometimes I really do hate you." Megan said.

"No you don't.  You love me!" Rachel insisted still giggling.

"Yeah, you're right." Megan sighed.  "So..."

"So?"

"So what else is new?"

Rachel chuckled.  "Um...he's a very comfortable pillow and he kissed me again.  Twice."  Megan sighed dreamily and Rachel laughed.  "Okay, seriously.  Does Jackson know you're in love with someone else?  ‘Cause I'm going to tell him if you haven't."  Megan laughed.  "What is it about the boy that makes him so attractive to us?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know." Megan replied, still giggling.  "You tell me.  You're the one that's dating him."

"It's the eyes." Rachel sighed.  "And the arms, and his voice and...the way he holds me and the way he kisses me.  Ah, hell!" Rachel laughed.  "It's the whole damn package!"

"Careful, Ray." Megan teased.  "I think you're falling in love."

"Too late." Rachel admitted.  "Too late."

Chapter End Notes:
hope everyone has a great weekend!!  :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love jc drunkjc