Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm posting this at work.  Shh...nobody tell ;)

"JC, this is The Ivy!" Rachel exclaimed looking at him wide eyed as he pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant Friday night.

"Yeah." He drawled and looked over at her, unsure of the fear he heard in her voice.

"I can't go in there." She looked at him, her chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Because..." He trailed off, his eyes once more traveling appreciatively over the little black dress she was wearing.  When he'd shown up at her apartment thirty minutes ago he thought for sure his heart had stopped.  She'd opened the door wearing this sleek little number-leaving just enough skin exposed that he was dying to expose more-and a pair of four inch heels that made her incredible legs seem to go on forever. 

"Because...because I'm not a celebrity!" She stated firmly, bringing his thoughts back to the present.  He shook his head slightly and gripped the steering wheel.  "There are going to be cameras all over.  I watch TMZ, I know how this works.  I know this is a paparazzi hang out.  I don't want my picture taken.  I can't go in there.  They're going to start asking me questions, then they're going to find out my name and figure out that we're dating.  Not that I'm ashamed that we're dating I just...everyone will know and I...I just don't think--"

"Hey." He said gently twisting his body in the seat, reaching for and grabbing one of her hands.  "Hey, look at me."  She did and he smiled reassuringly.  "We can go somewhere else, Rachel, its okay." He chuckled.   

She sighed.  "I know you're used to all of this, JC but...you're going to have to break me in slowly.  I tend to get a little stressed out in new situations and this..." Rachel gestured towards the restaurant.  "This is a little more than I think I can handle right now."

He chuckled as he laced his fingers with hers and left the parking lot.  "We'll take it slow.  Where do you want to go?" He asked.

Rachel was quiet for a moment as he pulled the car back out into traffic.  "Italian?" She finally answered.  "Somewhere with a view."

"Italian with a view, huh?" He thought for a second.  "Alright." He smiled at her.

"Why are you so wonderful?" Rachel asked, leaning the side of her head against the car seat as she looked over at him. 

"I'm trying to impress you." He winked at her as he gently squeezed her hand.

"Well, it's working." Rachel admitted and he smiled.

"Rachel, you know that with us dating there are going to be pictures taken, right?"

She remained quiet and he looked over at her in concern.  Rachel had expressed her unease a few days ago about her picture being on TV.  He knew she was hesitant about his popularity and the subsequent light that now threw into her life, but he hadn't expected her to freak out like she just had.  He was a little worried.  She needed to understand what was going to happen but at the same time he was hesitant to tell her for fear it would make her rethink being with him.  

"Once people find out about us they're going to be all over the story." He explained.  "They're going to want to find out who you are.  I'm not telling you this to make you scared or talk you out of wanting to be with me because that is the last thing I want.  I'm just letting you know that things could get a little crazy for the next little while."

~~~~~

"Great." She replied sarcastically.  He squeezed her fingers again, then brought her hand up and kissed the back of it before he rested it on his thigh. 

Rachel tried to relax as he drove, but her mind was racing.  Dating JC was turning out to be better than any dream she'd ever had but was she really prepared for everything that came along with dating a celebrity?  She read the tabloid magazines while she was in line at the grocery store, she watched the entertainment shows on television, she knew most of the stuff was made up-but knowing people were going to be making up things about her was an unsettling thought.  Did she want anyone she'd ever known seeing her picture in The National Enquirer?  Did she want all the people back home to read some made up story about her while they waited to buy their milk and eggs?  Did she want her picture posted all over?  Was she ready for this?  Was it worth being with him to endure all of the publicity?  

JC reached over and flipped on the radio, and Rachel turned to look at him, watching as his fingers began drumming on the steering.  She smiled as she recognized the beat and his body began moving.  As the second verse started, Rachel tucked her hair behind her ears and began rapping along with Vanilla Ice. 

JC looked over at her, a huge smile on his face-his eyes twinkling-and his brows rose in admiration.  He laughed out loud as she began rapping along with the last verse, and he joined in.

Take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
Miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My town that created all the bass sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause my style's like a chemical spill
Feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
Conducted and formed
This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to step with this
Shay plays on the fade slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade so fast other DJs say damn
If my rhyme was a drug I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the mic while I kick my juice
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while Shay revolves it.

Ice ice baby.

"Nice!" JC laughed as Rachel repeated the chorus.  "Now I'm the one that's impressed.  How do you know all the words to this song?"

Rachel laughed.  "Megan and I did a lip sync to it sophomore year in high school for a talent show."

"Did you win?" He asked. 

"No." Rachel laughed as she shook her head.  "We did it to impress a couple of guys."

"Did it work?"

"Well it got us dates the next couple Fridays...but not with the guys we were trying to impress."

JC pulled the car into the parking lot of the restaurant he'd decided to take Rachel to instead of The Ivy.  As he put the car in park he turned and looked over at her. 

"What?" She asked, her cheeks turning pink at his continued perusal.

"What other surprises do you have up your sleeve?" He asked. 

"That's for me to know and you to find out." She responded, her brown eyes sparkling. 

"And I will." He promised. "I will."  

~~~~~~

Rachel knocked on JC's front door Monday morning and waited for him to answer.  When he didn't, she pulled his key from her pocket and let herself into the house.  "Jace?" She called out as she shut the door behind her.  She listened for a moment but didn't hear anything.  She'd come by to see the work Tony and his guys had been able to do last week while she'd been out sick.  Walking back towards the great room she kept an eye out for JC. 

After admiring the new look of the room Rachel walked downstairs to see if they'd been able to get the shelves built in the game room.  She smiled when she reached the bottom step and saw the shelves lining the far wall.  Time to call the painters. She thought, turning to leave.  However, a light coming from down the hall caught her attention.  Deciding to be nosey, Rachel wandered towards the open door and smiled as she peeked around the corner.

JC sat playing at an electric keyboard, the headphones he had on plugged into the instrument.  She leaned against the door frame, watching as he sat with his eyes closed, his body moving to the melody his fingers were creating.  She watched as his lips moved silently, singing along to the music that only he could hear.  Straightening, Rachel turned and headed back towards the stairs, intent on leaving him to his work.

~~~~~

"Rachel?" JC called out, surprised to see her disappear from the corner of his eye.  He wondered if he'd just imagined her, until she came back to stand in the doorway.

"I didn't mean to disturb you." She said.  "I just came to see what Tony was able to do last week.  I saw the light on down here and was curious."

"Sit down." He said, lowering the headphones from his ears-looping them around his neck.  She stepped into the room and sat in the chair he gestured towards.  "I want you to tell me what you think." He said, pushing a few buttons on the keyboard.  He glanced over at her then focused his attention on replaying the melody he'd been thinking about and formulating the last couple days.

~~~~~

Rachel sat mesmerized as JC's fingers moved over the keys of the keyboard-a simple yet beautiful melody filling the small studio.  He began humming along, and she closed her eyes as the music he was creating washed over her-her heart melting.  Slowly she opened her eyes as the music stopped.  How is it possible for one man to be this talented? She thought, watching him.

"What do you think?" He asked, his blue eyes watching her intently.

"Does it matter what I think?" She asked.  "You're the musician, what do you think?"

"I want to know what you think." He said.

Rachel smiled.  "It's beautiful." She admitted honestly.  He smiled.  "Is it...is it for your next album?" She asked.

"Maybe." JC answered, removing the headphones from around his neck and standing.  "It's just something I'm playing around with right now, but..." He shrugged.  "Maybe.  We'll see."

Rachel stood as he walked towards her, her heart thumping in her chest.  She was still trying to get used to the fact that she was dating her teenage idol and when he looked at her like that...it didn't help matters.  Her sixteen year old self wanted to jump around and scream like an idiot.  However, the normal almost twenty-seven year old Rachel calmly put her arms around his neck and kissed him quickly.

"I've got to get back to the office." She said, moving to step away, but smiling when his arms came around her waist.

"Do you have to?" He asked, kissing her a few times.

"Yes." Rachel replied licking her lips and smiling up at him.  "I've got a ton of stuff waiting for me since I took off Thursday and Friday.  I'll probably be there late tonight."  She chuckled when JC pouted.  Rachel ran a hand over his face and pulled him down to kiss him again.  When she pulled back a moment later he tightened his arms around her.  "I'll call you later." She said.

"You better." He smiled at her, kissed her quickly one last time, and then let her go.

"Work on that song." She told him, putting a hand to his chest.  "I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when you're done with it." She smiled then turned and left the room.

~~~~~

JC blew out a breath as he sat back down in his chair and smiled.  Rubbing the back of his neck he swiveled around and picked up the headphones, once more placing them over his ears.  Plugging them in, he played the first few measures of his new song, then stopped.  Sitting up straight he thought for a moment then swung around in his chair.  Searching the studio for a piece of paper and a pen, JC found what he needed and bent his head quickly writing down the lyrics that had suddenly popped into his head.  A small smile lifted the corners of his mouth as he began testing them out, putting the words to music.  He felt a rush of excitement go through him as the song began to take form.  Finally!  He thought.  Some inspiration.       

~~~~~~

"What's something you always wanted as a kid and that you bought as soon as you could when you were an adult?" Rachel asked Wednesday evening.  JC looked up from the Chinese they'd ordered and thought for a moment-looking at her across his kitchen table while he chewed.

"A motorcycle." He replied, taking another bite of chow mien.

"You have a motorcycle?"  Rachel looked at him, raising a skeptical brow as she smiled. 

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"You just...you just don't strike me as..."

"What?" He chuckled at her hedging.

Rachel took bite of the beef and broccoli in front of her, then swallowed as she leaned across the table.  "You're just not the motorcycle type, JC." She said.

"There's a type?" He asked, raising one brow.

"Yes, and you're not it."

"What am I then?" He asked with a chuckle, using his chopsticks to put another bite in his mouth.

"You're more the ‘hi, I'm JC and I like to think I'm a badass,' not ‘hi, I'm JC and I really am a badass' type."

"What the hell does that mean?" He laughed.

"Be honest." Rachel said, pointing her own chopsticks at him and narrowing her eyes.  "Have you ever ridden it or did you get it just so you could say you had one?"

"Alright, get up." He said, wiping his hands on a napkin and standing.

"What?" Rachel laughed, sitting back and looking up at him. 

"I said, get up." He repeated, walking around the table and holding his hand out to her.

"Okay..." Rachel said, placing her chopsticks on the table and slipping her hand into his.  "What are we doing?"

"I am proving something to you." He said as he laced his fingers with hers.  He led her through the kitchen and out to the garage.  Rachel watched as he grabbed a set of keys from a hook by the door and laughed when he pushed a button on the wall, opening the garage door, then led her towards a large silver bike.  Letting go of her hand he straddled the object of their conversation.

"What are you doing?" Rachel laughed. 

"Come on." He said, as she stood looking at him.  "Are you coming or not?" He asked turning a key and bringing the bike to life.  Rachel jumped a bit as the noise filled the garage and couldn't help the giggle that escaped as he started slowly backing the bike out of the garage.  He looked once more at her, his grin and the glint in his eyes completely melting her.  She walked the few steps separating them then, and placed her hands on his shoulders she climbed on behind him.  "Hold on." He said turning the bike and pointing it towards the road.  Rachel wrapped her arms around him, her hands resting against his chest as he put the bike in gear. 

It was official.  She'd died and gone to heaven.  Riding with JC on a motorcycle?  Thank you. She said, looking up at the sky.  She bit her bottom lip and smiled as she pressed her cheek against his back.  As JC drove them through town Rachel kept her arms around him, her face pressed against his back, enjoying the rush.

After winding up into the hills behind his house for a bit, JC pulled the bike off to the side of the road.  Rachel loosened her arms from around him as he leaned the bike on its kickstand and finally silenced the motor.  Straightening, Rachel ran her fingers through her wind blown hair.  "It's beautiful up here." She said, placing her hands on her thighs and looking around them.  She smiled as he moved to stand up.  She was about to get off the bike as well when he turned and, throwing his leg back over the bike, suddenly sat facing her.  "What are you--"

Her words were cut off as he leaned forward and captured her mouth with his, his hands coming up, his fingers brushing along her skin then tangling in her hair.  Rachel closed her eyes and moaned.  Her own hands grabbed onto his biceps, then slowly moved up over his shoulders and around the back of his head.  Her fingers dug into his hair and she moved forward slightly, seeking to close what little space remained between them.  

JC removed one hand from her hair as he tilted his head to the side and deepened the kiss between them.  As his free hand came to rest on her hip, gently tugging and bringing her even closer, Rachel moved her legs so they were on top of his and she was sitting in his lap.  JC's hand massaged her hip and Rachel tore her lips from his in an effort to refill her lungs with some much needed oxygen.  She groaned as his lips trailed down her neck and she let her head fall back-his hand still cradling the back of her head-granting him access to her throat.  Her entire body became engulfed in delicious tingles as his lips and tongue continued to roam along her skin.  Before long his mouth was once more on hers-kissing her so intensely, so passionately she knew she was going to spontaneously combust at any moment.  She felt his teeth gently graze her bottom lip as he took it between his own and she feared she was going to pass out.

After the kiss in his kitchen last week JC had been somewhat reserved when it came to his physical affections, but here...here was the man she remembered from Megan's wedding-his unrestrained passion flowed over her, making her want to throw all caution to the wind.  Rachel knew if he asked her what he'd asked her a year ago she wouldn't refuse him.  She couldn't refuse him.  Please don't let him ask. She found herself praying as his hand on her hip slowly moved upward, taking the hem of her shirt with it.  She wasn't ready.  She gasped as his fingertips brushed along the sensitive skin above the waistband of her jeans and tore her lips from his. 

JC looked at her, breathing heavily, his fingers still brushing along the soft skin he'd just exposed.  "Wow." He said, shaking his head.  Rachel chuckled.

"Feel better?" She asked with a cocky grin at the amazed expression on his face.

"Baby, you have no idea." He chuckled as he removed his hand from her waist and brushed the back of it across her cheek.

"Don't call me baby." Rachel said as he moved to kiss her again.  He pulled back slightly and looked at her in question.  "I don't like being called ‘baby'."

"Alright." He said watching her closely.  Once more he pressed his lips to hers.  "Come on." He said, pulling back again.  He put both hands on her hips and moved her back slightly and off of him then dismounted the bike.  "I want to show you something."

Rachel swung her leg over the bike and allowed JC to lead her down an overgrown trail.  After a minute or two of walking through the bushes and tall grass they came to a clearing at the edge of a cliff.  Rachel smiled as the lights of the city filled her view.  "So what do you say?" JC asked, moving to stand behind her as he wrapped his arms around her waist.  "Do you think I'm a badass now?" He whispered as he kissed her cheek.

Rachel laughed.  "No." She turned in his arms and wound her arms around his waist.  "But I wouldn't have it any other way." She said as she decided to be a bit daring and slipped her hands into the back pockets of his jeans.  He smirked at her and raised a brow as she grinned up at him.

"What are you doing Friday night?" He asked as she laid her head against his chest.

"You tell me." Rachel replied.  "What am I doing Friday night?"

He chuckled.  "I want to take you out for your birthday."

"My birthday's on Monday." Rachel said, leaning back and looking at him, surprised that he had remembered her birthday was coming up.

"I know." He said, looking down at her as he swayed them back and forth a bit.  "But there's really not a whole lot we can do on a Monday night."

"What did you have in mind?" She asked.

"I've been dying to see you back out on the dance floor." He admitted with a mischievous twinkle in his blue eyes.

"Oh yeah?" Rachel asked, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as she looked up at him through her lashes.

"Yeah." He said.  "What do you say?" He asked, looking at her, one hand coming up to cup her cheek.  "Will you go dancing with me?"

"When should I be ready?" 

~~~~~~

"Are you at home?" Megan asked over the phone the next afternoon.

"I just walked in." Rachel answered.  "I had to go to the store and can I just say that it amazes me sometimes how stupid people can be?"

Megan chuckled.  "What?"

"Get this," Rachel said.  "So I'm standing in line and there's this couple in front of me and they are all over each other.  And I mean, all over.  She's got both arms around him, and he's got one of his hands in her back pocket and they're standing there kissing and I wanted to say, ‘Really, you can't wait till you get home?  You have to make out right here in line at Safeway?'" 

Megan laughed as Rachel sighed dramatically.  "I'm failing to see where the stupidity comes in." Megan said.

"Oh just wait." Rachel responded as she set her purse down on the counter and began putting her groceries away.  "It gets better.  So, finally the little old woman in front of Mr. and Mrs. PDA leaves and they walk up to the register.  Do you want to guess what they were buying?" Rachel asked.

"Uh...condoms?" Megan asked.

"Ha!" Rachel laughed.  "No.  They have a carton of strawberries and a can of whip cream.  And that's it."  Megan chuckled.  "So they walk up and the girl at the register looks at the two items and then asks, get ready." Rachel warned.  "She asks, ‘Are you guys going to a party?'"  Megan busted out laughing.  "I'm sorry." Rachel continued sarcastically.  "A party?  What kind of party requires you to bring a carton of strawberries and a can of whip cream?"

"A party for two." Megan replied through her laughter.

"Exactly." Rachel said.  "I couldn't believe it."

"What did they say?" Megan asked.

"They looked at each other then the guy says, ‘yeah' and the girl kind of giggles.  I swear." Rachel said, sitting down on her couch and kicking off her heels.  "People amaze me."  She sighed.  "So...how are you?" 

"Is your computer on?" Megan asked.

"Uh, it can be.  Why?" Rachel asked as she grabbed her laptop from the coffee table and lifted the screen.

"Get online." Megan said.  "You need to see something."

"Okay." Rachel said.  "Hold on."  She gathered her hair back into a ponytail as she waited for her computer to wake up.  "What is it?" She asked.

"You'll see." Megan answered vaguely.

"Alright, I'm on.  Where am I going?" Rachel asked once she'd connected to the internet.

"Go to TMZ's website."

"Alright." Rachel typed in the familiar address.  As she waited for the page to load she tapped her finger against the keyboard impatiently.  However, as the front page finally loaded she gasped, her hand coming to cover her mouth, her eyes wide as her heart began racing.

"Is there...anything you want to tell me?" Megan asked.

"Uh..." Rachel stammered as she took in the top gossip thread's headline: JC Chasez and Mystery Girlfriend Caught Cruising, directly above a photo of her and JC on his motorcycle last night.  "Well you...I..."

Megan started laughing.  "Exactly how long have you known JC had a motorcycle and when were you going to tell me?!"

"Uh...JC has a motorcycle..." Rachel's answer sounded more than a question.

"Really?" Megan responded sarcastically and then started laughing. Rachel joined in.  "Is it wrong of me to admit that he looks hella hot on that thing?" Megan asked.

Rachel continued laughing.  "No," she finally said, "Because he is." She laid her head back on her back of the couch.

"Okay," Megan said excitedly.  "You have to tell me...how was it?!"

"How was what?" Rachel asked with a smirk, even though Megan couldn't see her.

"Riding on the back of JC's motorcycle...with JC!" Megan exclaimed.  "Duh!  What else?"

Rachel couldn't help the giggle that escaped as the memory of exactly how it had felt came over her.  She sighed deeply as the butterflies she'd experienced returned-full force.  "It was...it was amazing!  Thrilling!  Mind blowing!"

"So..." Megan asked.  "What happened?  Tell me, tell me!"

Rachel related the events leading up to JC taking her riding then sighed.  "There I was the wind in my hair, and my arms around the guy I've dreamed of my entire life and the only thing I could think was, ‘This can't be real.  This can't be real.'  I kept waiting to wake up and find out it was all a dream."

"But it wasn't." Megan said.

"No." Rachel replied still in shock.  "It wasn't.  I still haven't figured out how or why, but it wasn't a dream.  And then he kissed me."

"It's because you're beautiful and amazing and...wait!  He kissed you?"

"Oh boy did he kiss me." Rachel sighed.  "He's been holding back since the kiss that led to him confessing he knew who I was but last night..." She shook her head, and closed her eyes as the sensations she'd experienced last night in JC's arms came back.

"Last night?" Megan prompted.

"Last night he let go, Megan." She giggled.  "And it was good."  Megan was silent on the other end of the line.  "Megs?" Rachel asked, thinking she'd dropped the call.

"How good was it?" Megan asked, suddenly sounding serious and concerned.

"What?" Rachel asked confused.

"The kiss." Megan said.  "How good was it?  Did you...did you sleep with him last night?"

"What?!" Rachel exclaimed.  "No!"

"Are you going to sleep with him?" Megan questioned.

"What are you, my mother?" Rachel asked sarcastically.  "Why are we talking about this?"

Megan sighed.  "Because we both know it's going to happen.  Are you ready?"

Rachel was quiet as she closed her eyes.  "I don't want to talk about this." She said, feeling herself shutting down in an effort to stop the memories she felt floating to the surface once again.

"Rachel--"

"Megan, please." Rachel plead.  She sighed.

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know." Rachel replied quietly. 

"You two seem really happy together." Megan observed.  "And I'm excited for you, but Rachel...you can't keep running from your past.  Sooner or later you're going to have to confront your fears."

"I know." Rachel answered.  "I know.  I just...I don't want to scare him away.  I don't want him to look at me differently.  Once I tell him he's going to look at and treat me different and I don't want that."

"What do you think he's going to do when you guys do decide to take the next step and you freak out when he touches you?"  Megan paused.  "Rachel, listen to me.  If you see this relationship going anywhere you need to tell him.  He needs to know.  Otherwise he's not going to realize what's going on in your head and when you freeze up or freak out he's going to think he's done something wrong.  He's not going to understand what's going on."

Rachel began chewing on her thumbnail.  "You should have been a psychiatrist." She said and Megan chuckled.  "You're wasting your time being a graphic designer."

"Maybe I'll go back to school when the baby's born." She replied, making Rachel laugh quietly.  "Tell him, Ray." Megan said.  "Trust him.  He's a great guy and he'll understand.  If he really cares about you, which I think he does, it won't make any difference to him.  And this way he'll know he needs to take things slow and let you set the pace."

"Have I mentioned recently how grateful I am to have you as a best friend?" Rachel asked.  Megan chuckled.  "I mean it, Megs.  I know where I'd be without you and I..."

"I love you too." Megan said and Rachel blinked back the tears she felt coming.

"Let's talk about something else." Rachel said. 

"Like what?" Megan asked

"Like the fact that JC is taking me out tomorrow night for my birthday."

"Really?" Megan asked excitedly.  "Where's he taking you?"

"I don't know." Rachel said.  "All he said was he wanted me to go dancing with him and that he's picking me up at eight."       

"Ooh..." Megan drawled.  "Dancing, hmmm?  That could be kind of scandalous..."

Rachel giggled.  "Here's hoping."

Chapter End Notes:
ok, obviously the song mentioned in the chapter is "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice...let me know what you think :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love jc drunkjc