Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc. are the property of their respective owners. The origianl characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners creators, or producers of any media frachise. No copyright infringement is intended.

This is my first fan fiction...be gentle...
September
San Diego, CA


Rachel finished off the drink in her hand and placed the glass back on the table she was seated at in the reception hall. She quickly adjusted the top of the strapless red satin dress she was wearing, brushed her hair (which she’d dyed a dark brown) away from her face then sat back, surveying her surroundings. The reception hall was full of people and while part of her was still very much aware of the one and only JC Chasez sitting next to her as he talked on his cell phone (and who wouldn’t be aware of that?!), most of her attention was focused on her best friend Megan and her new husband Jackson Taylor.

The bride and groom were dancing together in the middle of the room”completely lost within a world of their own, and Rachel smiled as she observed her friend. Yes, she felt envious towards Megan in some respects, but she was also genuinely happy for her and excited about the love Megan had found with Jackson. The way the pair was dancing brought back memories of the first time Rachel had met Jackson. As she had observed them dancing at another friend’s wedding reception almost two years ago and now at their own wedding, there was only one word that came to mind: devotion. Jackson was as completely devoted to Megan then as he was now and it was obvious to Rachel her best friend felt the same about the man she was now legally bound to.

Rachel smiled as a song from her favorite pop group came to mind. Cause in a room full of people you’re the only one around. And nothing in this world could ever bring us down…Girl it’s just the two of us, the two of us.

JC chuckled beside her. “Did you really just sing that?” He asked.

“What?” Rachel turned to look at him a bit startled. She hadn’t realized he had finished his phone conversation and she instantly melted (again) as her eyes found his. How was it fair that this man could affect her so deeply by simply looking at her?

“You do realize that was one of my songs you just sang, right?” He asked, his blue eyes sparkling in amusement.

“Was that out loud?” She asked her eyes widening, her cheeks warming as his smile grew. Rachel put her head in her hands. Please tell me I did not just sing an N SYNC song in front of JC Chasez. Please. She looked up at him, sighing in resignation as he chuckled.

“Yes it was.” He said bringing the glass in his hand to his lips and swallowing. Rachel watched the movement of the muscles in his neck, mesmerized. “You have a pretty voice.” He offered, snapping her from her wayward thoughts as he put the drink down. He placed one arm on the table and leaned towards her.

“Thanks.” Rachel said with a smile, fighting hard to keep her inner teenager contained which she’d done a pretty good job of doing so far”she hadn’t screamed at him once. It was still unfathomable to her that she was sitting next to, sharing drinks and conversation, and attempting to flirt with the almighty JC Chasez. Her heart was fluttering and she was finding it a bit hard to breathe sitting this close to the man she had idolized since she had been fifteen. Her composure was slipping a little due to all the alcohol she had consumed. The longer she was with him all she wanted to do was jump out of her seat and throw her arms around his neck while she declared her desire to have his children.

“But I’d have to agree with you.” He said, once again bringing her thoughts back from paths better left un-trod. No matter how she might wish otherwise, he was a celebrity and she was just plain, ordinary Rachel Olivia Kline, Interior Design student at Arizona State University. Forever doomed after this night to only drool over this man from afar. But, even though she knew nothing was going to happen between them beyond conversation and some harmless flirting, Rachel was still intent on enjoying her time with him to the fullest.

“Oh really?” Rachel asked, placing one elbow on the table. She rested her head in her hand as she leaned towards him, unconsciously mimicking his body language.

“Yeah.” He breathed his warm breath, laced with the alcohol he’d just drunk combined with the spicy scent of his aftershave and made her head spin. She felt a little out of sorts, not quite sure how to act. After all, it wasn’t every day she had a sexy, world famous pop star flirting with her, and she was pretty sure she had had a little too much to drink since this reception had started a few hours ago (which certainly wasn’t helping matters any).

“So, you never really answered my question about your album earlier.” Rachel said, attempting to distract herself from the way his eyes seemed to be boring straight into her. She swallowed and reached for her glass only to remember it was empty.

~~~
JC, who had been watching her and trying to decide just what to make of this spunky brunette, caught the attention of a waiter and signaled him over. When the young man approached, he handed him Rachel’s empty glass.

“I believe my date needs a refill.” He said.

“Date?” Rachel raised a shocked brow.

JC grinned at her. When Jackson Taylor had called a few weeks ago asking if JC would mind doing him a favor he had agreed. Jackson was a great guy and had never done anything to warrant JC mistrusting him. After all, the guy handled most of his finances. Jackson had told him how his fiancée’s best friend was a big fan of his and that he owed Rachel for helping him get back together with Megan after some sort of misunderstanding they had had and Megan had refused to talk to him for a month. Jackson had explained that Rachel had been dying for years to meet him and asked if he would be able to spare a couple hours to come to his wedding reception to help Jackson settle his debt with he girl.

JC now sat intrigued with the beauty sitting next to him. He had to give her props. She hadn’t reacted the way he had been expecting and bracing himself for as he’d driven down here this morning. Whenever he’d met with fans in the past they all seemed only capable of two things: screaming, or giggling uncontrollably and unable to form complete sentences. Rachel, while speechless for a moment when first introduced to him, hadn’t screamed once.

There was something about her that piqued his interest. And while he wasn’t quite sure what it was, he liked it. He hadn’t felt this sexually attracted towards a woman quite this strong in a while. He’d forgotten how exciting it was.

“So,” She leaned towards him again, a seductive smile on her lips. “When are we going to be able to hear that gorgeous voice of yours on the radio again?”

“That depends.” He answered, fully aware that the alcohol he had consumed was starting to kick in. His brain felt a little fuzzy and he was beginning to contemplate what it would take to get this girl back to his hotel room.

“On what?” She questioned, her big brown eyes looking at him through her long lashes.

“On a lot of things.” He answered vaguely, one brow cocking as he smirked playfully.

“You’re not being very helpful.” She pouted, and JC felt his desire flair for this woman. He sat back in his chair and let his eyes slowly travel the length of her. With her gorgeous eyes, pretty mouth and insanely hot body she was a deadly combination in her red dress and heels. She hiccoughed just then and placed a delicate hand over her mouth, a small giggle escaping her lips.

“You’re drunk.” He commented with a wry grin.

“And you’re hot.” She shot back, making him chuckle.

“You wanna dance?” He asked, dying to find out what she would feel like in his arms.

“I thought you’d never ask.” She sighed as he stood, holding his hand out to her.

~~~
Rachel placed her hand in his and allowed JC to lead her over to the dance floor. As he pulled her into his arms, one of his hands pressed against the middle of her back while the other took hold of the fingers on her right hand. Rachel placed her left hand around his shoulders and glanced at him, ginning when he winked at her. She closed her eyes as he rested his cheek against hers and she inhaled, wanting to remember this moment”engrain it forever in her memory. Rachel prayed the alcohol in her system wouldn’t cause her to forget it all in the morning. The way he felt against her as they danced; the sound of his voice as he hummed quietly along with the band in her ear; the way he smelled. Rachel turned her head slightly and breathed him in. Thank God for Jackson Taylor. When Jackson had told her he would somehow make it up to her when she had helped get he and Megan back together last year, she had had no idea this would be her payment; she sort of felt like she was in Jackson’s debt now. Although, the fact that he’s married to my best friend now should help to make up the difference. Rachel thought wryly.

Rachel opened her eyes and looked over JC’s shoulder, her eyes connecting with Megan’s across the room. Megan smiled at her knowingly and Rachel watched as her best friend shook her head, still in disbelief herself that JC had shown up. Rachel smiled at Megan, then tightened her hold on the man of her dreams and leaned her head against his shoulder, her nose almost brushing the skin on his neck. She bit her bottom lip and felt like giggling as JC’s hand on her back slid down a bit, his arm wrapping around her waist, pulling her against him tightly. She momentarily forgot how to breathe when he lowered his head slightly, his warm breath on her neck wreaking havoc on her senses. Rachel waited, anxious and excited, for the touch of his lips to her skin that she felt sure was coming.

But it never did.

She bit back a frustrated sigh as the slow song they had been enjoying ended”giving way to a more upbeat tempo. JC stopped their swaying and slowly released her, taking a step away from her. Rachel looked at him, noticing for the first time that with her heels on, he was only a couple inches taller than she was. The perfect height for kissing. She thought with a grin.

“Thanks for the dance.” He said, smiling and grabbing two flutes of champagne from a passing waiter.

“Anytime.” She replied with a smile, accepting the flute he handed her.

“Be careful,” He said, one brow raising. “I just might take you up on that.”

She made quick work of the alcohol and felt her head spin a little as the bubbles tickled her nose. “And I might let you.” She smiled coyly at him. He winked at her and Rachel couldn’t help the giggle that came out suddenly, nor could she help it when she reached up and placed a kiss to his cheek.

JC’s eyes remained on hers, his expression unreadable, as he quickly finished his champagne. Rachel felt her cheeks warming slightly and almost apologized to him for her forward behavior until he said, “Do that again.”

“Do what again?” She asked looking at him in confusion as he grabbed her empty glass and placed both on the tray of another passing waiter.

“Kiss me.” He answered, his eyes still holding hers as he tapped his cheek with his forefinger. Rachel felt her heart skip and the corners of her mouth turn up.

“Gladly.” She answered, leaning towards him again. Her quest, however, was interrupted as he turned his head at the last moment and her lips met his. The alcohol induced fog that had begun to settle on her brain quickly dissipated and she pulled back immediately as if she had been burned at the contact. Placing her fingers against her lips Rachel stood looking at him with wide eyes.

After standing for a brief moment, trying to make a decision, JC took hold of her other hand, leading her toward the nearest set of doors. Once through them Rachel found her back being pushed against the wall, as JC’s mouth descended towards her own. She closed her eyes and willingly accepted his advances, feeling giddy and excited as his hands came up to frame her face. She allowed him to continue kissing her for a few moments, until common sense started kicking in. Placing her hands on his shoulders, Rachel did something she never thought she’d do”she pushed him away.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts. His words were slightly slurred but she didn’t know if it was kissing her or the alcohol he had consumed that was intoxicating him. Rachel smiled, hoping it was the former.

“Come with me.” She said with a sparkle in her eye as she took his hand and led him down the hallway of the reception center towards an empty room she’d seen earlier. No sense kissing in the hallway where everyone and their dog could get a front row ticket to the event, when there were a few empty rooms not being used at the moment.

As he followed her, JC’s focus was grabbed by the small tattoo situated on the back of Rachel’s right shoulder. It looked like a couple of Chinese symbols and he was surprisingly curious as to their meaning. Before he could ask, however, Rachel opened the door to an empty room and pulled him in. She closed the door behind him then took his shirt into her hands, pulling him towards her as she kissed him. His own hands automatically went to her waist, drawing her against him. He moaned softly as she flattened her palms against his stomach, her hands and fingers exploring his firm muscles through the fabric. She loved the feel of his lips against hers and, as he brought one hand up to cup the back of her head while his other arm tightened around her waist, Rachel knew she could easily become addicted to the feeling. I’m in serious trouble. She thought.

JC broke the contact between them only long enough to turn and switch their positions (so she was the one whose back was once more against the wall). He tilted his head to the side and Rachel felt tingly inside as both of his hands were once again on her face; his thumbs slowly stroking her cheeks as his mouth moved expertly against her own.

“What does it mean?” He asked as he pulled back slightly and looked at her, his breathing somewhat labored.

“What does what mean?” Rachel asked, confusion showing on her face as she wondered why he was talking instead of kissing her.

“Your tattoo.” He clarified placing a soft kiss on the corner of her jaw.

“Lucky.” She answered, wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning her head back to grant him access to her throat as his lips continued their downward path. She closed her eyes against the sensation.

“And are you?” He asked looking up at her, a sexy grin on his face.

Hell yeah! She wanted to exclaim. “Extremely.” She answered softly, her eyes sparkling, before reaching up to kiss him again.

“I could never get a tattoo.” He said pulling back before their lips met.

Rachel groaned as she dropped her hands to her sides. I don’t care. She wanted to tell him. Was he just going to talk all night? Please. She silently begged him. Shut up and kiss me! She’d spent ten years of her life dreaming about what this moment would be like, but somehow, JC being a chatterbox had never quite figured in her fantasies.

“I’m afraid of needles.” He continued.

“I know.” Rachel answered before she thought about it. When he looked at her curiously she giggled, her cheeks warming slightly. “I’m a big fan.” She finally answered causing him to chuckle.

JC leaned over her as he placed one hand on the wall beside her, his eyes delving into hers as if searching for her motive for kissing him. “You’re not just doing this to get to Justin are you?” He asked a teasing twinkle in the depths of his blue eyes. His other hand came up, his forefinger slowly running along the neckline of her dress .

Rachel smiled as she looked up at him through her lashes. “Justin?” She asked innocently, slowly wrapping her arms around his neck once more. He wrapped both arms around her waist as she placed a lingering kiss to the side of his mouth. Rachel watched as his eyes slid closed. “Who’s Justin?” She asked kissing the opposite corner of his lips then pulling back to look at him.

JC opened his eyes and grinned as he reached a hand up and rubbed his thumb over her bottom lip. “Good answer.” He said, once more closing the distance between them.

Rachel groaned and her knees felt weak as he began to once again weave a magic spell around her with his mouth. She kept one arm around his neck, her other hand sliding down his chest between them, resting against his heart. She could feel the strong steady beat beneath her palm and wondered briefly, how many girls had been in her position before. But at JC’s insistent hands at her waist, his arms once more drawing her tightly against him, Rachel’s wandering thoughts were again focused entirely on the man in front of her. He pulled back slightly allowing her to catch her breath and she couldn’t help reaching a hand up to touch his face. She smiled as his eyes darkened and his hands tightened on her waist. Was she just another notch on his belt? Rachel thought. Did she care? One of his hands left her waist and came up to brush away some of the hair that had escaped her clips, a tender smile on his face before his lips were once more on hers, his fingertips caressing her skin.

After several more minutes of sharing some of the most intensely passionate kisses she had ever experienced, Rachel pulled back slightly. JC rested his forehead against hers and smiled as they both struggled for breath. She licked her lips as his blue eyes opened and he gazed at her, wonder and lust burning in their depths. (Two things she never thought she’d see in his eyes; especially directed towards her.)

“Has anyone ever told you how sexy you are?” He asked his voice low and rough.

Rachel shook her head as her body was engulfed in tingles. “Not recently.” She answered, sighing as he pulled her even closer and kissed her neck. She dug her hands into his hair, holding his head against her, as she tilted her head back slightly.

“That’s a shame.” He whispered against her skin, his lips traveling up towards her jaw, “Because you are.”

“You think I’m sexy?” She asked disbelievingly. Wasn’t this the guy who had dated Eva Longoria and Tara Reid? Rachel was pretty confident in her skin. She knew she wasn’t hard on the eyes, but to say that she was astounded to hear that word in reference to herself, coming from his lips, was an understatement.

He nodded. “Extremely sexy.” He said, placing a kiss to the corner of her mouth. “Dangerously sexy.” He kissed the other corner. Rachel’s eyes slid closed and her lips parted in anticipation of his kiss once more being hers, but the door banging against the wall beside them made them both jump.

“Oh my goodness!”

They turned to look as an older and rather large woman in an overly sequined purple dress quickly backed out of the room. “I thought this was the restroom. I’m…I’m so sorry!”

Rachel turned back to JC as the woman left and they both broke into laughter. He rested his forehead against her shoulder as his body shook with his amusement. Rachel had always loved the sound of JC’s laugh (it always made her smile and effectively raised her spirits anytime she heard it) but to actually experience it in person was ten times better than hearing it in any pre-recorded interview he’d ever done.

“I think that’s our cue to rejoin the party.” She said a moment later, still giggling.

He stood up then leaned forward, placing one final, soft kiss to her lips. “Yeah,” He said. Was she just imagining the regret in his eyes or was he as disappointed for this moment to end as she was? “You’re probably right.” He said as he took a step back. “You know…” he started, “I’m staying at the Hilton just up the street.” Rachel’s eyes widened slightly. “We could…finish this.” He gestured back and forth between them with his finger.

Rachel swallowed as her thoughts raced. Go back to JC’s hotel room with him? ‘Finish’ what they had started? Could her heart take it? Would she survive the night? Or the morning after when he would surely leave? Would she regret it if she didn’t go? Sure, this was the epitome of every fantasy she’d had about the guy (and she had once vowed that if he ever showed any hint of interest”any hint”she would follow wherever he led) but when faced with the actual choice of having her dreams become reality, she was surprised at the nervousness and fear that filled her.

“Can I see your cell phone?” She asked.

“Why?” He asked a bit confused. He hadn’t been expecting that question out of her mouth. In his experience girls were dying to be in the position Rachel was in now. He’d just offered her what millions of girls the world over would kill for.

“Can I see it?” She asked again.

JC shrugged as he reached into the pocket of his dark pants and withdrew a small, black phone. He held it out to her and watched as she slid it open and proceeded to press some of the buttons. After a few seconds she handed it back to him, a smile on her beautiful face.

“I live in Phoenix.” She said placing a hand to one cheek while kissing his other one. She winked at him as she turned. “Give me a call when you’re in town.”

~~~
JC watched as she walked through the door, his jaw slack. His eyes dropped to the phone in his hands and he chuckled. “The next time I’m in Arizona, baby, I’ll definitely be giving you a call.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love jc drunkjc