Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: yadda, yadda, yadda, you know the drill. This is fiction.  I don't know anyone from N SYNC.  Don't sue me.  Please.
Rachel heard JC knock on the door as she was finishing her hair.  "It's open." She called out.  "Come on in!" She stuck her head out of the bathroom and smiled when he walked in.   

"Hey." He said with a grin when he saw her.

"Hey yourself." She smiled as she took the bobby pin from her mouth.  "I'm almost ready." She said putting the pin where her hand had been holding her hair up then ducked back into the bathroom.  Rachel fused with her hair for a few more seconds then picked up the aerosol bottle of hairspray from the counter and closed her eyes as she sprayed everything in place. 

"So you're the reason for global warming." JC said as he folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the doorframe. 

"Ha-ha." Rachel laughed dryly with a good natured roll of her eyes then turned to look at him with a small sigh of appreciation.  He looked incredible!  The gray pants and white button down shirt would have been enough for her, but add to it the black vest that he had on and Rachel's heart was suddenly beating wildly in her chest.  She put the hairspray back on the counter, quickly applied some of her favorite lip gloss then turned to look at him.  "Ready?" She asked, as she cocked a hip and placed her hand on it.

"Are you?" He asked with a grin, his blue eyes traveling over her.  Rachel tried hard not to gloat at the obvious interest and admiration she saw on his face. 

"As I'll ever be." She replied, walking around him.  "Let's go.  I don't want to keep Justin waiting."

 ~~~~~ 

"Ah!" JC groaned as he turned and followed Rachel.  "I knew it!" She giggled as he walked out to the front room with her.  She stood looking at him, her eyes sparkling and his heart skipped a beat.  She was so beautiful!  The jeans and long black baby doll top were simple and comfortable, but she had dressed the outfit up with a couple of silver bangles on one wrist, a long silver necklace and some silver hoops in her ears.  She'd piled her hair atop her head, giving him perfect access to her neck.  If the opportunity presents itself later on.  He mused.

"What are you plotting?" Rachel asked, watching him warily.

"Plotting?" He asked, innocently as he tucked his hands in his pockets.  "I'm not plotting anything." He shrugged easily as he stepped closer to her and she narrowed her eyes as she looked up at him.  "What makes you think I'm plotting something?" He asked.

"That mischievous sparkle in your eyes." She replied.  "It gives you away every time Mr. Chasez.  I know your tricks." She said, pointing a finger at him as she grinned.

"Oh you do, do you?" He chuckled, his heart soaring at seeing her smile and hearing the sassiness back in her voice. 

"Yeah, I do.  I'm on to you so you just better watch it." She laughed. 

He reached his hand out and brushed away some of the hair that was falling softly around her face.  He couldn't help it-he had to touch her--and as his fingertips lightly brushed along her cheek he felt a spark shoot through him.  "I've missed your laugh." He said quietly and he watched, entranced, as her face warmed enticingly.  She reached her hand up and held on to his wrist, her beautiful brown eyes holding him captive.  Slowly he lowered his hand and laced his fingers with hers.  "Let's go." He said with a tug on her hand as he walked towards the front door.  "Justin's waiting."

~~~~~~

"Hey you two!"

Rachel turned as she was following JC around backstage and was surprised when Justin appeared seemingly out of nowhere.  "I was wondering where you disappeared to." He grinned knowingly at JC.  "How are you, Rachel?" Justin asked and Rachel was at a loss for words as he turned his sparkling blue eyes her way.  He remembers me? She thought, feeling a giddy excitement fill her.  

"Good." She finally managed to squeak out.  "I'm good.  I'm excited about the show tonight." She smiled up at him.  He'd caught her by surprise and she wasn't sure what to do or how to act.  Who would have ever thought that one day Justin Timberlake would know who she was?  Her inner teenager had more or less gotten used to the fact that JC was going to be a permanent fixture in her life, but she still felt like jumping around and screaming as Justin's smile widened at her.  She felt like asking for his autograph, but managed to keep that to herself. 

"I was hoping Jace would bring you." He said and Rachel felt like melting into a puddle on the floor.  It was a good thing JC was there keeping his hand possessively at the small of her back, reminding her of who she had come with and who she would be leaving with.  While it was true she was, always had been, and always would be a "JC girl," there was something profoundly attractive and undeniably alluring about the one and only Justin Timberlake. 

"Justin!" A voice rang out, breaking Rachel from her thoughts and causing all three of them to turn towards the source.

"Gotta go." He shrugged with a grin.  "I'll see you two later!" Justin said and with that, he turned and sprinted away.   Rachel watched, fascinated, at all the people scurrying around them like mice in a maze.

"Is it always like this?" She asked, turning to JC.

"Like what?" He asked her.

"This." She spread her arms out at the chaos surrounding them.  "How does anything get done with this many people running around back here?"

"Oh, this is nothing." He chuckled, taking her hand and leading her farther back into the mess.  "You should have seen it when we were doing our stadium tours.  Now that was crazy." He said.  "People running into each other, things being dropped all over the place...it's a wonder we never blew any of the venues up."  

"I can only imagine." She replied as they stepped over several large bundles of electrical cords and wound their way around light fixtures, trying not to bump into anyone.  "Where are we going?" She asked.

"Make up." He answered. 

"You mean you're not this gorgeous naturally?" She asked.

"Hard to believe, I know." He winked at her and she chuckled as they came to a bank of chairs set in front of several mirrors.  He plopped down in one and she sat down next to him. 

"Now what?" She asked, watching as several incredibly beautiful-and incredibly scantily clad-girls walked by them.

"Now we wait for Annie."  JC said, squeezing her hand.  Rachel turned and found him watching her and she gave him a few extra bonus points for not seeming to notice the other girls.

"What are you looking at?" She asked.

"You." He replied honestly.  "Have I told you how beautiful you are?"

"A few times." She said smiling.  "You're not so bad looking yourself." She admitted. 

"JC!"

His attention turned from Rachel to that of an older woman that approached them.  "Annie." He smiled as he released Rachel's hand and stood, hugging the woman. 

"Oh, it's great to see you." Annie said as she pulled back.  "It's been too long.  And who's this beautiful young lady you've got with you tonight?" She asked, looking at Rachel.

"Annie, this is my girlfriend Rachel Kline.  Rachel, this is Annie Rossen." He introduced the women.

"It's nice to meet you Rachel." Annie held out her hand and Rachel shook it. 

"You too." Rachel smiled.

"Annie worked with us on the Celebrity tour and then somehow managed to get talked into working with Justin." JC explained as he sat back down.  "And she's been with him ever since as far as I know."

"What can I say?" She shrugged.  "I'm a glutton for punishment." They all laughed.  "Now," she said.  "Let's get down to business.  You disappeared after sound check and things are about to start." She pulled a couple brushes from the cart by the mirror and opened up a small clear container.  Rachel watched as she began working on JC's face.  "I have to ask." She said, speaking to Rachel after catching up with JC for a few moments.  "How in the world do you put up with this one?" She pointed the end of the make up brush at JC.  "He was always the one that was the hardest to work with." JC made a noise of protest and Rachel grinned as Annie winked at her.  "I've never worked with anyone so picky, and that's saying something considering who I'm working with right now."

"It's not always easy." Rachel replied with a dramatic sigh.  "He can be a real pain in the ass sometimes."

"I'm sitting right here." JC said, turning and leveling his eyes at Rachel.  "You better watch it." He warned pointing a finger at her.

"Or what?" She countered with a raise of one brow.  "Yeah, I didn't think so." She replied when he said nothing.  "He's all talk." She said, turning back to Annie.  "He's all bark, but no bite."

"Sweetheart, if you're into biting," he interjected "I assure you I don't disappoint."  He replied arrogantly and Rachel looked at him in surprise while Annie let out a snort.

"Don't make me promises you can't keep." Rachel replied. 

"Don't play this game with me girl, unless you're willing to see it through to the end." He countered.  Rachel stared into his eyes, trying to figure out when exactly they'd stepped over the line of casual flirting and entered the dangerous territory of seduction.  "And you say I'm the one with no bite." He replied when she remained silent.  "It's a shame, really." He mused as he shook his head then turned and allowed Annie to continue with her job.  "You don't know what you're missing out on."

Rachel snorted.  "Arrogant, cocky, son of a--"

"What did you say?" He interrupted her.

"Hmmm?" Rachel looked at him innocently and Annie laughed.

"Oh, you two are priceless!" She exclaimed.  "Absolutely perfect."  She smiled and JC chuckle as he reached for Rachel's hand, his fingers sliding perfectly between hers.  Rachel suddenly heard the sound level of the crowd increase exponentially and could only assume that meant the opener had started.  She looked over her shoulder.

"Do you want to go?" JC asked.

"No, I can wait." Rachel told him.

He chuckled as he looked at her.  "Go on." He said, releasing her hand.  "I'll come find you when I'm done."

"Are you sure?" She asked, already getting up from her seat.

"Yeah." He smiled.  "Just follow the music."

"I'm almost finished." Annie assured her.  "He'll be done in second."

"Alright." Rachel said then did as JC said.  She followed the music until she came to the side of the stage.  She watched the opening act then got sucked into the excitement as Justin cam out.  Rachel sighed in appreciation as he moved across the stage then greeted the excited crowd.  Rachel shook her head in amazement.  After all these years, girls were as crazy as ever over him.  Who would have ever guessed the cute little boy that had started out on The Mickey Mouse Club all those years ago would one day generate this kind of excitement from a crowd?  It was incredible-he was incredible-and Rachel smiled as she began dancing along.     

~~~~~

JC put his hands in his pockets, smiling as he stood back a few paces and watched Rachel.  A huge smile lit her face as she sang and moved along to the music and he cocked his head, his eyes traveling over her body.  Damn, she knows how to move.  He thought.  He wanted to reach out and pull her back against him-dance with her the way they'd danced at the club when he'd taken her for her birthday.  Maybe they could go out after the show and he'd get to dance with her again...

He shook his head and began walking towards her again, sending a silent prayer of gratitude heavenward.  He didn't know how and he didn't know why, but somehow he'd been given another chance with this woman and he wasn't going to take it for granted.  He'd meant what he'd told her the other night-she was amazing and he found it hard to imagine his life without her anymore.  She was everything he'd ever wanted and then some.  His mother's words from a few months ago suddenly came to mind and he smiled.  "One day you'll meet someone and she'll make you forget about everyone that's hurt you in the past."  He'd dismissed her observation at the time, but now realized just how right she'd been.  Other girls may have broken his heart in the past and it had hurt, but he realized now how paltry those relationships had been compared to what Rachel made him feel.     

As Justin continued talking to the crowd and he began playing a slow song JC reached for Rachel's hand.  She looked up at him with a brilliant smile and he winked at her as he pulled her towards him and began slow dancing with her.

~~~~~

Rachel's heart jumped as JC suddenly appeared and grabbed her hand.  She smiled and let him pull her close while Justin began singing one of his slower songs.  He kept one arm around her waist while he brought the hand he was holding up between them, tucking it against his chest.  Rachel laid her head on his shoulder as they swayed back and forth-a million goose bumps breaking over her as JC  began singing softly in her ear-his smooth, clear voice harmonizing perfectly with Justin's.  

I'm not a saint,

I'm just a man

Who had heaven and earth in the palm of his hand

But I threw it away, so now I stand here today asking

Forgiveness and if you could please,

Give me another chance

To write you another song

Take back those things I've done

Cause I'll give you my heart

If you would let me start all over again

Rachel lifted her head and looked at JC as the song continued, swallowing when his blue eyes met hers and they stopped dancing.  Her heart felt like it was going to leap from her chest.  Since he'd released his second album a couple years ago, this had become her favorite song of Justin's.  It was so honest and emotional-the story of a man being stripped and baring his soul to the woman he loved as he begged for her forgiveness.  Rachel's breath hitched as JC released her and slowly brought his hands up to frame her face, his thumbs brushing across her cheeks.  His eyes bore into hers, silently asking her the questions Justin's song raised. 

Was he forgiven?  Did he have another chance?  Could she one day love him again?

"Yes." Rachel breathed, answering his unvoiced questions and before she knew it his lips were on hers.  She slowly wound her arms around his neck as he leaned into her--one of his hands coming to cradle the back of her head while his other arm moved back down to wind around her waist pulling her tightly against him.  He released her mouth for a brief second as he tilted his head then kissed her again, his tongue lightly tracing along her bottom lip as he deepened the contact between them. 

Rachel melted against him as she put her hands to his face, and then moved her fingers into his hair, fully participating in one of the deepest and most emotional kisses she'd ever experienced.  JC was doing more than merely touching her body--he was touching her soul--and Rachel felt like she could fly.  She'd never felt this connection with a man before and it just worked to prove the conclusion she'd come to the other night.  She truly did love him--so much she felt she would burst from it. 

Just before she was afraid she was going to pass out, he released her mouth.  She gasped for breath as his lips burned a slow, fiery trail down her neck and she moaned when he reached the sweet spot behind her ear.

"I forgot how incredible you tasted." He whispered, his lips brushing against her skin and making her shiver.  He kissed her ear, then the underside of her jaw before leaning back, breathing heavily.  Rachel slowly opened her eyes, feeling as if she were in a dream.  "Do you know how amazing and beautiful you are?" He asked, his hands cupping her face.  He pressed a soft kiss to her lips and then leaned his forehead against hers, his eyes holding hers steadily. 

Rachel swore she stopped breathing from the silent message those gorgeous sapphire orbs were giving her.  He closed his eyes and sighed, his warm breath mingling with hers as he wound his arms around her, pulling her against his chest.  Rachel once again laid her head on his shoulder, her nose brushing along his neck as her breathing and heart rate steadied. 

"You guys up for a little surprise?" Rachel heard Justin ask and the sound level rose a few decibels.  "C, you back there man?"

JC slowly stepped away from her.  "That's my cue." He said, grabbing her hand as he walked backwards--holding onto it until the last possible second.

"Wait." She said tightening her fingers around his before he let go as she finally came back to reality.  He couldn't go out looking like he did.  His hair was mussed from her hands being it and with one look at his kiss swollen lips everyone would know what he'd been doing backstage.  She giggled.  "Come here." She pulled him back towards her.

"I gotta go." He said impatiently.

"Not looking like this, you don't." She replied as she brushed her fingers quickly through his hair, trying to hide what she'd done moments before.  She saw his eyes sparkle with amusement as he realized what she was doing.  "You don't want everyone knowing we were back here making out, do you?" She asked, running her thumb across his lips a few times, trying to get rid of the pink lip gloss that had gotten transferred during their heated exchange.

"Why not?" He shrugged with an adorable grin.

"Go on." She pushed at his chest as she chuckled.  With a quick kiss to her cheek and a wink he turned and jogged out onto the stage amidst the crowd's cheers.  "How you guys doing tonight?" He asked and Rachel shook her head as she chuckled to herself. 

She wrapped one arm around her stomach, trying to control the butterflies that felt like they were going to escape, as she brought her other hand up to her mouth.  She pressed her fingers against her still tingling lips and smiled.  She watched as JC and Justin sang one of the songs they'd written together awhile ago and was supposedly going to be on JC's new album--whenever he decided to release it.  He'd told her, when he'd given her the pass a couple days ago, that he and Justin were going to be doing one song together so she was surprised when Justin was the one who walked backstage after the song--not JC.  Rachel watched as Justin was surrounded by several people who helped him change costume then turned and watched, intrigued, as JC sat down at the piano that was up on the stage.

"I hope you guys don't mind," JC said, adjusting the microphone next to the piano, "But I've got another song I want to sing."  Rachel smiled as a few of the girls closest to where she was shrieked excitedly.  "Some of you may have heard this song.  It's been circulating for awhile now.  I wrote it a few years ago and I..." he cleared his throat and looked over the piano at Rachel, his eyes instantly connecting with hers, sending a tingle down her spine.  "I want to dedicate it tonight to someone very important to me." He said.  "Here we go."

Rachel's heart sped up as she recognized the chords he began playing.  Her knees felt weak and she watched, transfixed as JC sang--his eyes staying locked on hers for the majority of the song--his words going straight to her heart. 

I could be the first to let you know that nothing means anything.

Now I'm standing here outside your door, in the pouring rain

And I can't believe,

Nothing's supposed to get to me.

Now I'm in this misery.

I can't be with anyone since I felt our worlds collide.

It's like I almost died.

The way you make me feel, I'm changing,

You got me breaking down inside.

Baby can't you see?

You ruined me for life.

She couldn't breathe.  He finished the song to shouts and applause, and Rachel leaned back against the wall her breath coming in shallow gasps as her heart pounded wildly.  She placed her hand over her chest and looked up when she heard him approach.  Her eyes connected with his and she threw her arms around his neck as she kissed him.  His own arms wound around her as he eagerly returned her kiss. 

She'd first heard the song he'd just sung a couple years ago and had immediately fallen in love with it.  The song was beautiful and his voice was amazing when he sang it, but it meant so much more to her now.  He had successfully gone and made it "their song."  Finally she pulled back and licked her lips.  She didn't know how much more she could take tonight.  Between Justin's song and his and then the amazing kisses they'd shared, her heart couldn't take much more without her fearing for her health--surely it wasn't healthy for it to be beating as strongly as it was for as long as it had been.

"Rachel, I..." He paused as the concert went on around them.

"I know." Rachel answered as she tightened her arms around his neck and kissed him again. 

"No." He said, pulling back and looking at her intently.  "No, I need to say this and you need to hear it."  He lifted one hand and placed it on her face.  "I love you." He said.  He leaned down and placed a soft kiss to her lips that went straight to her heart.  "I love you."

Rachel didn't remember very much of the concert after that--she knew Justin did several more songs, but she couldn't remember which ones.  When Justin finished and found them backstage, asking if they wanted to go to a club with him, her eyes connected with JC's and she smiled when she read the same longing she felt in his eyes.  She had absolutely no desire whatsoever to spend anymore time with Justin tonight.  She only wanted to be with JC-to explore these new feelings and bask in the love shining in his eyes.

 ~~~~~  

"No thanks." JC answered Justin though his eyes remained on Rachel, his heart pounding.  "Maybe next time." 

"Alrighty then." Justin replied with a shrug of his shoulder.  "I'll catch you guys later." He turned and left leaving them alone.

"Are you..." JC paused as he looked at Rachel.  He was surprised to find he was nervous.  "Do you want to go back to my place?" He asked, hoping he was reading the message in her eyes correctly. 

"Or mine."  She replied and he felt his heart soar.  With a smile he took her hand and they walked out to his car.

The ride back was an intense but sweet kind of torture.  He was wound tighter than he could ever remember being.  He wanted to just pull the car over somewhere and coax Rachel into the backseat--but they weren't teenagers trying to sneak around behind their parent's backs, and Rachel deserved better.  Besides. He told himself as he glanced behind him at the backseat of his car.  That seat is way too small for us to do anything really worthwhile back there.  He looked over at Rachel as she sat looking out the window.  She was putting on a calm front but he could tell she was just as anxious as he was about what was about to happen.  He reached over and took her hand, threading his fingers through hers and smiled at her reassuringly when she looked over at him. 

~~~~~

What am I doing? Rachel asked herself as doubt began to fill her.  She could read JC loud and clear and she was suddenly feeling very nervous and insecure about what they were about to do as she sat looking out the window of his car.  What am I doing?  She thought again.  There was still so much she had to tell him but she knew there wouldn't be any talking going on between them tonight.  Am I seriously going to sleep with him? She questioned.  She needed a sign.  Something that let her know things were going to be okay. 

Her heart leapt as JC took a hold of her hand just then and smiled at her and she allowed herself to relax against the seat as they continued driving.  She focused on the feel of his hand in hers, her stomach beginning to quiver and a tingle ran down her spine.  This is crazy.  She thought.  Absolutely crazy!  Any moment I'm going to wake up and find out this whole night has been a dream.  There's no way this is really happening.  But it was, and as JC began playing with her fingers--his thumb tracing circles in her palm--she shivered.  Rachel closed her eyes and swallowed as goose bumps broke over her skin.

Before she knew it he was pulling into his driveway and she was following him inside.  They were barely inside when Rachel found herself pressed back against the wall while JC hovered above her--one arm pressed against the wall above her head while his other hand found her hip.  He leaned into her and Rachel ran her hands up his chest as he slowly nuzzled her ear and softly brushed his lips along her jaw.  He let out a low, sexy groan and she smiled as she wound her arms around his neck and captured his mouth with hers.

He gathered her fully in his arms and somehow they made it from the kitchen, up the stairs to his bedroom, but Rachel really didn't know how.  His mouth was far too distracting and she'd given up paying attention to anything but the way he was making her feel.

"Why..." She began but had to bite her bottom lip to keep in a moan as his mouth moved down her neck.  "I...oh..." The moan she'd been holding in escaped as he pulled her tightly against him and his mouth work its way across her collarbone and back up her neck.  "Mmmm..." She struggled to breathe as he placed a kiss below her ear.  "W-why did we come back here?  My place was closer."

"I have a bigger bed." He answered roughly in her ear.

"How do you know?" She asked with a chuckle as she pulled back and looked at him.  "You've never seen my bed."

He looked at her, his eyes dark.  He unwound his arms from around her and put his hands on her face.  He placed a lingering kiss to one side of her mouth, then the other and Rachel felt herself slowly melting. "Let's just say," he said, his lips moving against hers.  "I've had a lot of fantasies involving you...and this bed...since that day at the furniture store."  Rachel smiled as he brushed his lips across hers.  "Indulge me." He whispered, taking possession of her mouth fully and making her shiver. 

~~~~~

He kissed her slowly, deeply, passionately--taking his time exploring her mouth and trying to memorize the way she tasted.  He worked to slowly move them closer to the bed, one step at a time.  But just as they reached his final destination, Rachel stepped out of his arms.  He stood looking at her, his chest rising and falling as a sultry smile appeared on her lips, making his mouth go dry.  She slowly raised her hands behind her head and began pulling the pins from her hair--letting them fall to the floor one by one--and his stomach flipped as her hair finally fell down around her shoulders.  She looked up at him through her lashes seductively and he suddenly forgot how to breathe.  She was so temptingly beautiful he had to touch her, but as he reached for her she grabbed on to his wrists and kept his arms away from her--pinning them to his side.  With a pointed look she released them then slowly began unbuttoning his vest.  He closed his eyes and his stomach quivered as he felt her hands move up his chest and shoulders, moving the piece of clothing down his arms until it fell at their feet.  She leaned towards him and put one hand on his face while she placed a lingering kiss to the opposite corner of his mouth.  He turned his head in an attempt to end her teasing and kiss her fully, but she stepped away from him again leaving him wanting. 

JC opened his eyes and watched as she again reached behind her and unclasped the necklace she'd been wearing all night.  Her earrings and bracelets were removed next and as she reached around him and placed them on the nightstand he closed his eyes--inhaling the scent of her sweet, intoxicating perfume--his heart skipping a beat or two.  As she stood before him again his knees about gave out.  He stood looking at her for a moment, completely captivated by her, then finally pulled her into his arms and kissed her hungrily.  He soon found himself sitting on the edge of the bed as Rachel placed her hands on his shoulders and straddled him.  Their mouths connected again and again and Rachel let out a few low and incredibly sexy moans as he kissed his way down her neck.  JC smiled against her skin and placed a warm, lingering kiss to her collarbone and felt her shudder in his arms.  He felt the trembling of her fingertips as she touched his face.  He fell back and turned on his side, bringing her with him until she was on her back beneath him, her hair fanning out around her.  He rested his weight on one arm while his other hand skimmed along her neck, raising visible goose bumps as he looked at her.        

"Rachel," He said, speaking at last and breaking the spell between them.  "Rachel, we don't have to do this." He watched as she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him.  The way she looked--her lips beautifully red and swollen, the enticing flush on her cheeks, desire burning in her eyes--made him struggle for breath.  His body was aching for her, but he needed to give her one last chance to back out.  He needed to make sure she didn't feel pressured.  He needed to know that this was what she really wanted.  "I don't want to push you."  He said, as his hand continued to caress her incredibly soft skin.  "I told you I'd be patient.  If you're not ready--" 

She placed a finger against his lips, silencing him.  She pulled his head down and kissed him softly as her arms wound around his neck.  "Je t'aime.  Je a veux." She said in French, causing his desire to flare exponentially as her eyes held his intently.  "I love you." She assured him, his heart thumping in his cest.  "I want to." Her warm breath hit his lips and he was lost.  He couldn't deny her--or himself--any longer.  With a groan he settled his weight on top of her and captured her mouth again, feeling the connection they had all the way to his toes.  Never before had he felt this way.  Never before had someone touched him to his core the way she had and did on a regular basis.  Never before had he loved someone the way he loved Rachel and as he tasted her sweet, intoxicating kiss again and again--as he heard her moan his name softly--he knew.  She truly had ruined him.  There would never be anyone else for him but her.      

~~~~~~

As sunlight began filtering through the windows the next morning, slowly illuminating the bedroom, Rachel stirred.  She fought against the urge to open her eyes and instead burrowed deeper into the pillow beneath her, inhaling the subtle scent of the man whose bed it was that lingered in the fabric.  The house was quiet and peaceful, she was warm and comfortably drowsy, the excitement from the night before had long ago subsided and she allowed herself to just enjoy the pleasantly content feelings surrounding her. 

Against her wishes, consciousness began taking hold of her further though, and she slowly became aware of several things.  The first was JC's strong arms and the way they were wrapped around her as he held her possessively and securely against his warm body.  The second thing Rachel noticed was the fact that his chest moved in and out against her back in the same rhythm her own chest was rising and falling.  They were breathing in unison, as if they were one body, and it made her smile.  She felt him stir behind her, his legs tangled with hers as his arms tightened slightly around her-his lips brushed across the back of her neck sending a delightful shiver down her spine as he nuzzled closer to her before relaxing again. 

Goose bumps enveloped Rachel as she thought about what they'd shared last night.  She'd taken a leap of faith and he'd been there to catch her.  He'd taken it slow--sensing her hesitancy at times and giving her the time she needed to feel comfortable with everything.  Every touch conveyed his passion and devotion.  Every kiss communicated his love in such a way as made it impossible for her to question it.  He'd been everything she'd ever dreamed of and so much more.  She'd been afraid that memories from the past would intrude on them--making being with him difficult--but they hadn't.  He had loved her so completely she hadn't had time or reason to think of anyone else.  As sleep overtook her again, Rachel found herself wondering how she'd ever survived without him and why she'd let fear keep her from him for so long.   

When she woke again a few hours later, Rachel turned over--reaching her hand out for JC--and discovered she was alone.  Sitting up, Rachel held the sheet up against her as she looked at his vacant pillow, then around the room.  "Jace?" She called out, thinking he was probably just in the bathroom.  When he didn't answer she got out of bed and grabbed her discarded clothes from the floor.  After getting dressed she ran her fingers through her hair as she yawned and made her way downstairs.  As she reached the bottom step Rachel heard someone on the piano in the front room.  Holding her breath she sneaked forward the remaining steps and listened as JC's rich, smooth voice filled the room.

I wish I could go back in time
I wish I could rewind--take back all the things I said
And tell you what's really in my head

I didn't know what was missing before
Until you walked out my door
I need you more than words can say
Don't want to waste another day

I need to tell you what I know
Without you my life is just a show
Too many things have come and gone
I need your love

Rachel leaned against the wall as she watched him-his eyes were closed as he bent over the piano keys-her hand resting against her chest as the emotion behind his words and the passion of the music he was playing got to her.  The house grew quiet as he stopped playing. 

"Too many things have come and gone." She heard him as he sang the last part over.  "I need your love.  Ooh girl, I need your love from now on." He paused and she heard him play around on the piano for a moment, then sing a few more lines. 

Give me a chance.

I'll make it right.

Please don't give up,

We can still win this fight!

The music stopped but she stayed rooted in place as he opened his eyes and looked at her. 

~~~~~  

"Good morning." JC smiled as he looked at her over the piano.  Rachel smiled as he got up and walked towards her.

"That was a beautiful." She admitted as she allowed him to pull her into his arms.  He smiled but didn't answer as he bent his head and pressed his lips against hers.  He kissed her several times then pulled back and looked at her.  He had always thought Rachel was beautiful, but this morning she took his breath away.   Last night had been incredible and waking up this morning with her in his arms had been like a dream come true.  He'd watched her for several minutes, completely and utterly captivated by her as she slept.  He'd left her in his bed an hour ago not because he wanted to, but because inspiration had come knocking and he'd needed to get his thoughts and feelings out so they would finally leave him alone.

His smile faltered however when he saw the sparkle slowly leave her beautiful brown eyes as she continued looking at him.  "What's the matter?" He asked concerned.

"Was that the song you played for me a few weeks ago?" She asked.

"Yeah." He nodded.  "It, uh...it sounds a lot better up here on a real piano as opposed to the keyboard, don't you think?" 

"Is it about me?" She asked.  He said nothing so she asked again.  "Is the song about me, Jace?" 

He nodded slowly, wondering what she would say and do.  He'd written songs before with certain girls in mind, but never one this deep--this honest and emotional.  Though what they'd shared last night had been intensely passionate and intimate, and he had given her his heart, music was such an integral part of who he was that he felt like he was giving her a piece of his soul right now by admitting that he had written this song about her.  He watched as she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth as she continued looking at him. 

"We need to talk."

Chapter End Notes:

And the credit goes to...

Song #1: "Another Song" by Justin Timberlake

Song #2: "You Ruined Me" by JC Chasez

Song #3: "Rewind" written by my best friend for this story.

Thoughts?  Feelings?  Questions?  Drop me a line :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love jc drunkjc