Author's Chapter Notes:
It's Wednesday!  What better way to celebrate hump day than with a new chapter?  Okay.  Maybe I can think of a few other ways to celebrate...lol...hope you guys like this one!  :)

Rachel sat, absent-mindedly running her middle finger around the rim of the glass in front of her Saturday evening--chin resting in her other hand--as she took in the scene before her.  Everything felt very surreal and it was moments like this that caused her to wonder if she were living some sort of elaborate dream.  Maybe I'm unconscious in a coma somewhere.  I could be lying in the hospital right now for all I know.  She thought as her eyes traveled around the crowed club.  If I am, she thought.  Don't let me wake up. 

The DJ that had been hired by the record label was busy keeping a steady beat of music going while party goers danced and mingled out on the floor.  Several clusters of people surrounded the five listening stations that had been set up offering previews of JC's new album that would hit store shelves on Tuesday.  Rachel picked up her glass and took a sip of the Coke she'd ordered.  So far everyone who'd had a chance to hear the album only had great things to say about it.  The small black phone sitting on the table beside her vibrated suddenly breaking her from her thoughts.  Picking it up, Rachel flipped it open and read the text she'd received. 

How's the party?

Rachel smiled at Megan's question.  How's the party?  She thought, once more looking out over the crowd of people that had come to celebrate with JC.

Amazing!  But I still can't figure out how I got to be here.

She sent the text and waited, wondering if Megan would respond.  She didn't have to wait long however, and flipped her phone open again when it vibrated a few seconds later.

What do you mean you don't know how you got there?

Rachel smiled as she sent her response.

I mean: How did I get to be sitting at this party?How did I get to be his girlfriend? How did I get to be the one he chose?

Rachel sent the lengthy text and waited, once more taking a sip of her Coke.  Her eyes wandered around the club again settling on the man of the hour--the man she loved--JC.  Once again Rachel shook her head trying to digest everything she was feeling.  It still didn't feel real.  Six months and she still had to pinch herself almost everyday to validate the reality of what her life had become; that she was indeed with the man she'd always dreamed about--living with him, sharing his life, wearing his ring...she sighed as she watched JC laugh at something the guy at the table said to him and startled a bit when her cell phone vibrated once more.

I don't know but is it wrong to admit that I'm jealous?

"I know you are.  I'll make it up to you." She said aloud to herself as she typed the words out on her phone and sent the message.  Maybe Jace would sign a CD for Megan.  She thought.  After all, he does mention her in the liner notes...

"What are you going to make up and who are you going to make it up to?"

Rachel turned at the unfamiliar voice beside her and watched disbelieving--brown eyes locked with green-as Lance Bass sat down next to her.  "Hi." He offered with a genuine smile.  "I don't believe we've met, but you're Rachel aren't you?" He asked.

"Yeah." Rachel replied with a nod of her head.  "H-how did you know?" 

"JC." Lance said, holding out his hand.  "The guy can't stop talking about you.  It's nice to finally meet you." 

"You too." Rachel offered, proud of herself for the calmness with which she took his proffered hand--she was getting better at the whole "celebrity" thing.  She was flattered to find out JC talked about her to his friends, but hadn't realized he and Lance talked all that often.  She felt a bit giddy as she watched the former teen idol press the bottle in his hand to his lips and take a drink of his beer. 

When Rachel had first been introduced to N SYNC, Lance had been her favorite.  Megan had teased her when she'd confessed she thought he was the cutest one but she hadn't cared.  She loved his voice and his shy personality. She would strain to hear his part in every song, hoping that he would have a solo so she could hear his perfect, rich bass voice. Her favorite songs quickly became anything the boys sang A cappella because it was easier to hear his voice more specifically. When everyone kept insisting he was gay and teasing her for liking him, she'd held strong.  However, the magnificence that was JC Chasez won her over shortly after the release of No Strings Attached and she'd been swayed in her allegiance to Lance and the rest was history.

"You didn't answer my question." Lance said looking at her.

"Huh?" Rachel asked chagrined to realize she couldn't remember what he'd asked her.

"Who are you making something up to?" He inquired, his green eyes holding hers steadily.

"Oh." She chuckled and looked down at the phone she still held in her hand as she felt her cheeks warm in embarrassment.  "My best friend." She replied looking back up at him.  "She's very jealous that she's not here with me right now."

"Why isn't she here?" He asked in genuine curiosity, his eyes showing his interest in their conversation.

"She had baby about a month ago." Rachel told him.

"Ah." He bobbed his head from side to side while chuckling.  "Probably not a good idea then."

"Yeah." Rachel smiled.  "Plus, she lives in Phoenix." 

"So what do you think?" He asked.

"Of the party?" Rachel responded.  He nodded.  "It's great!" She exclaimed.  "Granted this is the first release party I've ever been to so I really have nothing to compare it to, but I'm having fun."

"Well that's good." Lance smiled as he took another drink.

"Have you listened to the album?" She asked, curious as to what he thought.

"Yeah, JC gave me a copy last week.  It's really good, but I'm not really shocked.  He was always the true musician in the group.  It's in his blood I think."

"Do you have a favorite song?" Rachel asked.

"Um..." he thought for a moment.  "I really liked the last song, Rewind.  Is that really you singing with him?"

"Yeah." Rachel smiled.

"Very impressive." He said.  "Are you interested in getting into the music business?"

"No." Rachel shook her head as she chuckled.  "Actually make that, hell no." Lance laughed as he took another drink.  "So, JC talks about me?" Rachel asked intrigued, switching topics.

"All the time." Lance replied. 

Rachel's eyes once more drifted over to the corner of the room where JC was now standing by the autograph table talking to a few people.  As if sensing her stare he turned, his eyes connecting with hers, and winked at her.  Rachel smiled.

"He really loves you." Lance offered.  Rachel turned to look at the man next to her.  "JC's been his fair share of relationships over the years, but I've never seen him as happy and content as he is right now...with you."

"Really?" Rachel asked her eyebrows rising in surprise.

"Really." He smiled.  "It's like...it's like he finally knows who he is and where he belongs."  Rachel was quiet as her attention once more focused on JC.  "Well," Lance said standing.  "I just wanted to introduce myself.  I hope this isn't the last time we'll see each other, Rachel."

"I hope not either." She smiled as she watched him leave.

"Later." He offered.

Rachel watched as Lance disappeared once more into the crowd.  Sitting back in her chair she processed the information he'd just given her.  It's like he knows where he belongs.  He's never been so happy or content?  She thought.  Never?  Suddenly feeling a need to be close to JC, Rachel stood--leaving her drink on the table--and made her way over to where he was once again sitting, signing autographs and talking to people.  Sneaking around behind the table, Rachel waited till the group of girls surrounding him left and he was alone.  She put her hands over his eyes and leaned down. 

"Guess who?" She whispered in his ear.

"Hmmm..." He leaned back in his chair and lifted his hands to cover hers, his fingers caressing hers.  Rachel smiled and couldn't resist the temptation to place her lips against the side of his neck.  "Ali, baby, I told you not to come tonight.  My girlfriend's here.  If she catches us she'll kill you and then castrate me."

Rachel dropped her hands and stepped around to look at JC, one eye brow raised as she cocked one hip to the side.  "Who's Ali?" She asked folding her arms across her chest.

~~~~~

JC struggled to keep from laughing at the fire in Rachel's eyes.  He reached his arms out and pulled her down onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist as he buried his face in the side of her neck.  "I knew it was you, Sass." He said, brushing his lips against the sensitive spot behind her ear, smiling when she trembled slightly in his arms.  He nuzzled her ear.  "I'd recognize your perfume anywhere.  I was only teasing."  He assured her as he pulled back and, placing a kiss to the tip of her nose, rested his forehead against hers.

Rachel's eyes remained narrowed as she pulled back slightly and looked at him, her eyes delving into his.  Finally she relaxed and unfolded her arms, winding them around his neck as she leaned forward and pressed her lips against his.  JC groaned softly as he trailed one hand up her back, resting it at the back of her head as he tilted his head to the other side and deepened the kiss.  Rachel's fingers began playing with the short hairs at the nape of his neck raising goose bumps as his other hand came to rest on her leg.  He loved the way she tasted on his tongue and the soft whimper she let out snapped another thread in the fraying cord of his control.  She'd been teasing him all night in this little black dress of hers and he wasn't sure how much more he could take.  His hand stroked the velvet soft skin of her knee then began inching up her leg.

"Woah." Rachel chuckled, suddenly pulling back and placing a hand over his-holding it in place against her leg and preventing him from going any further.  "Woah." She repeated, struggling for breath.  JC gave her thigh a gentle squeeze as he placed a quick kiss to her lips then pulled his hand away from her and brushed his fingertips along her cheekbone.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" He asked.

"You might have mentioned something." She replied, a teasing smile on her face. 

"You're gorgeous.  Absolutely stunning." He told her and she smiled as she put a hand to the side of his face.  

"I love you." She said, causing his heart to thump in his chest.  Her eyes were searching his, as if trying to memorize them.  "Will you do something for me?" She asked pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Anything." He replied without hesitation and he meant it.  He would do anything for this woman.  All she had to do was say the word.

"Will you autograph a CD for me?"

"I already did." He reminded her, slightly confused at the request.

"I know.  But...Megan's really hating the fact that she can't be here tonight.  I figured an autographed copy of your CD might make it so she'll keep talking to me." She once again searched his eyes trying to show him how much this would mean to her.

He laughed.  "I don't think Megan will ever stop talking to you.  Is that even possible?  I don't think you two can survive without the other one.  Have you guys ever gone more than a day without talking to each other?"

"Yes." Rachel informed him.  "And it wasn't very fun." She pouted.

"Really?" He asked.  "What happened?"

"Long story." She replied.  "But basically I did something that really upset her and hurt her feelings and she refused to talk to me for about two days and it was the worst two days of my life.  So if you could sign a CD that I could send her that would be great."  He laughed.

"Sure," He said still laughing.  "Whatever you want." 

"You're the best." Rachel smiled as she wound her arms around his neck tighter and kissed him again.

"Say cheese!"

Rachel and JC broke apart as a flash went off in their faces followed by the sound of someone giggling.

"Get out of here, man!" JC said, reaching his arm out and pushing Joey away, his eyes never leaving Rachel's face.  "You're killing the mood."

~~~~~

Joey kept laughing as he took another picture of the couple.  "You must be Rachel." He said.  "Either that or I'm going to make a fortune blackmailing JC with these pictures." He grinned as he held up his digital camera.  JC groaned as Rachel got up off his lap.  He stood next to her, slipping his arm around her waist as she and Joey became acquainted.

"Look who I found!"

Rachel and JC turned as if one person and watched as Justin and Lance made their way towards them. 

"Hey, man!" JC said with a big smile, withdrawing his arm from around Rachel's waist, as he and Lance shook hands then pulled each other in for a one armed hug.

"Congratulations, Jace." Lance offered sincerely.  "The album sounds great." 

"Thanks." JC replied, his arm once more finding a home around Rachel's waist as he pulled her close.  "This is Rachel." He said, smiling at her.  "Rachel, Lance." He introduced the two.

"I knew we'd meet again." Lance said with a grin.  JC looked down at Rachel in curiosity. 

"Lance came over and introduced himself to me earlier." She explained resting her own arm around JC's slim waist as she looked around at the four guys surrounding her.  "So when's the reunion?" She asked teasingly.  "Is Chris here too?  All we need is for him to show up to get the rumor mills going again.  What?" She asked, noticing the way all the guys were looking at each other then sending accusatory glances at JC.  "Jace?" She asked, the wheels in her head starting to spin.  "You got something you need to tell me?" She turned to look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Baby, I don't know what you're talking about." He responded, refusing to make eye contact with her longer than half a second.  Rachel gasped and stepped back, withdrawing her arm from around him. 

"Baby?" She asked, her face betraying her obvious distaste of the pet name.  "JC, I--"

"Let's dance." Justin suddenly said becoming overly animated as he grabbed Rachel's hand and started walking away.

"No, I don't want to." Rachel said, wrenching her arm away from him.

"Come on." Justin said grabbing her hand once more.

"No!  Remember how you're giving up on women for a while?" Rachel asked looking at him.

Lance choked on his drink as he, Joey and JC all looked at Justin in shock.

"I'm sorry." Joey said.  "Did she just say...Justin is there something you need to tell us?" He looked at Justin in astonishment.

"No!" Justin defended.  "No.  I'm just...I'm just taking a break from dating is all." He said.  "There's nothing wrong with that.  Everyone does it and I..." he paused.  "I don't need to defend myself to you guys.  Rachel, come on." He said grabbing her hand for the third time, intent on finally pulling her away. 

"Justin, stop!" Rachel said, looking at him but he refused to let her go and continued leading her out to the dance floor.  "We're not through." Rachel said, turning and pointing over her shoulder at JC.    "Justin, what the hell is going on?" She asked as he spun her around then pulled her close as the DJ decided to put on a song with a slower beat. 

"What do you mean?" He asked looking at her, the picture of innocence.

"Don't give me that." Rachel replied poking him in the chest. 

"Ow!" He exclaimed rubbing a hand over the area she had poked. 

"Oh, knock it off." Rachel said, rolling her eyes as she put her arms around his neck.  He grinned down at her.  "You know what I'm talking about.  I'm not stupid.  Something's going on between you all and I want to know what it is." She demanded.

"Patience." He replied giving her the answer JC had about a month ago at dinner.  "All will be revealed in time." He promised her.

"And suddenly you're a fortune cookie." Rachel replied dryly, rolling her eyes again.

Justin grinned.  "Confucius say..."

"You're a dork." Rachel finished and they both laughed.  They were both quiet for a second as Rachel wondered if the relationship she had with Justin was anything like the one she would have had, had she had an older brother.  She loved the fact that even though they'd only known each other a few months and really hadn't spent that much time together, they were comfortable with each other--to the point where she could tease and flirt with him, knowing he wouldn't take it seriously and he would come to her seeking relationship advice.  "How're you doing?" Rachel asked sincerely.

"I'm alright." He replied, shrugging one shoulder casually.

"Yeah?" She asked, watching him closely.

He thought for a moment then nodded.  "Yeah." He smiled down at her.  "A friend of mine gave me some really good advice a while ago.  She said I needed to take a break and not rush into another relationship."

"Sounds like this friend knows what she's talking about." Rachel said smiling back.

"We'll see." He said taking her hand and spinning her out away from him then pulling her back in.  "We'll see."

~~~~~~

You awake?

Rachel sent the text to Megan then slipped out of the bedroom as JC went into the bathroom.  Walking down to the kitchen to get a drink of water Rachel was hoping for the slim chance that Megan was up feeding the baby and would have her phone turned on.  She was dying to dish on her night.  Her phone began ringing as she opened the fridge and she answered it as she pulled out a water bottle.

"So?" Megan inquired.  "How was it?"

"Amazing." Rachel sighed as she went into the family room and sunk down on the couch.  She put her head back on the couch as she sat in the dark room and rehearsed everything that had happened that night to her best friend.  "Oh!  And you'll never guess!" She said sitting up and lowering her voice conspiratorially.  She glanced towards the stairs making sure JC wasn't coming down. 

"What?" Megan asked.

"I think the guys are totally getting back together." She whispered excitedly.

"No way!" Megan responded.  "How do you know?"

"Well, I don't know." Rachel told her.  "But...remember how I told you Chris called a few weeks ago when JC was out shooting his music video and said he was just calling to ‘talk'?"

"Yeah." Megan replied.

"And then, remember how I told you I made the comment at dinner when Justin was over about how they should get back together because now was the perfect time and they both just looked at each other and JC told me ‘patience'?"

"Uh-huh.' Megan said.

"Okay, so tonight I'm standing there with JC, Justin, Joey and Lance and I jokingly said, ‘so when's the reunion?' They all just looked at each other then at JC very accusingly.  I asked JC if there was something he had to tell me and he said, ‘Baby, I don't know what you're talking about.'"

"He called you baby?" Megan asked.  "Oh-ho" she laughed.  "Something's up."

"I know!" Rachel replied getting excited.

"But it could all just be coincidence." Megan said, trying to be the voice of reason.

"Maybe." Rachel said.  "But when I asked Justin what was going on he said, ‘Patience.  All will be revealed in time.'"

Megan laughed.  "What is he, a fortune cookie?"

"That's what I said!" Rachel giggled. 

"Rach?" JC called down the stairs.

"Yeah?" She called back.

"You coming to bed?"

"Yeah, I'll be right up.  I'm just getting a drink." She told him.  "I got to go." She told Megan.

"‘Kay.  Tell me if anything gets revealed." Megan replied giggling like a sixteen year old.

"Oh, I will." Rachel giggled in response as she stood and walked out of the room.  "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"We're having brunch with my Mom for her birthday at eleven, but other than that nothing really." Megan told her.

"Alright." Rachel said walking up the stairs.  "I'll call you later. Oh!  I almost forgot!  I totally got you something tonight.  I'll mail it on Monday.  Kiss the baby for me."

Megan laughed.  "Okay.  Bye."

Rachel could still hear Megan's laughter as she walked into the bedroom and ended the call.  Placing the cell phone on her bedside table she took out her earrings as she walked towards the bathroom. 

"Megan's up late." JC commented from where he sat on the bed with his laptop open, fingers typing quickly.  "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, she was up feeding the baby and wanted to know how the party was." Rachel said taking her hair down and running her fingers through it.  After brushing her teeth she walked into the closet from the bathroom and--stepping out of the dress she'd been in all night--pulled down one of JC's old T-shirts and slipped it on over her head.  She turned her head and lifted her shoulder, inhaling the spicy scent of his cologne that still clung to the black fabric.  With a smile she walked through the closet to the bedroom and leaned against the doorframe.  Lifting one leg up, propping her foot on the wall behind her, she looked at JC--she hoped seductively.  "Did I tell you how great you looked up on stage tonight?" She asked raising one arm above her head.

"Yeah." He replied distractedly, his eyes still focused on the computer.  He glanced at her quickly then did a double take a devious grin lighting his face at her seductive pose.  His blue eyes began sparkling.  "But you can tell me again, if you want." He said, quickly closing the laptop and setting it on the bedside table.

Rachel sauntered over to him.  "You know, I thought you were pretty hot stuff up on stage when I was seventeen, but tonight..." She trailed off as she crawled up on the bed and moved to straddle his legs.  She ran her hands up his chest and then wound her arms around his neck as she kneeled in front of him. 

"Tonight?" He asked his hands coming to rest on her exposed thighs-his blue eyes dark and intense. 

"Tonight you were incredible." She whispered, leaning towards him and placing her lips against his.  She moved her mouth slowly and seductively against his for a few moments until JC quickly took charge of the kiss.  Rachel squealed as he let out a growl and suddenly rolled them.  She giggled as she lay looking up at him.  

"No, you were incredible." He said, kissing along her jaw as one hand traveled the length of her leg then hitched it up around his hip.  Rachel sunk the fingers of one hand into his dark hair while her other hand wound around and pressed against his back.  She moaned as his warm lips traveled down across her neck and throat.  "I was dying all night having to watch you in that little black dress but not being able to touch you." He said looking down at her as his hand slid further up beneath the hem of the shirt she was wearing, finally coming to rest on her hip.

"You can now." She told him and he grinned as his fingers caressed her skin.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked leaning down as he scattered feather light kisses across her jaw line.  Rachel sighed as she melted back against the pillows.  "Right?" He asked, leaning back and propping himself up on his elbows as he looked down at her.

"Yes." She breathed running the fingers of one hand through his hair.  "Although some days I'm not sure why..." she drawled.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Sass." He told her looking at her intently, the sincerity of his words going straight to her heart.  "I love you." He vowed.  

"I love you too, Joshua." She told him, taken back by his suddenly serious yet tender words.   She hugged him tightly as he leaned down, settling his weight on top of her.  "I love you too."  

~~~~~~

"What are you watching?"

Rachel gasped as JC suddenly made his presence known behind her.  He smiled as she turned around on the sofa downstairs and looked at him.  Her hair was up in a messy ponytail and her glasses were perched on her nose as she sat in her favorite pair of sweats watching his Cribs episode. 

"Oh! You scared me." She said, putting her hand to her heart as she turned back to watching the show.  "When did you get home?" She asked.

"Just now." He said as he walked around the couch and plopped down beside her, resting his head on her shoulder.  Rachel chuckled as she leaned back against the upholstery and allowed him to snuggle with her.  She laughed when he did the customary opening of the fridge to show what was inside on the television. 

"Ugh!" Rachel groaned.  "Great, now everyone knows what a terrible diet you have."  She said, taking in the multiple take out containers and other junk food packages that lined the shelves of JC's fridge.

"Are you afraid people are going to think you're a bad influence on me?" JC asked as he lifted his head.  "Don't worry." He stretched his legs out in front of him and put his hands on his flat stomach.  "I don't think anyone will notice all the junk food I've been eating since I met you.  Luckily I have a high metabolism and I've worn the same size pants since high school.  I don't think...oof!"  He exclaimed as he drew his legs up when Rachel smacked his stomach. 

"Punk." She replied with a roll of her eyes. 

JC laughed as he put his arms around her and pulled her close.  She protested for a moment but eventually settled down and relaxed back against him.  He kissed her cheek and she smiled as she went back to watching the television.  JC rested his chin on her shoulder and watched her.  She smiled when it got to the part of the show where he sat down at the piano upstairs and began playing the classical piece, Clair de Lune.  Rachel sighed wistfully and turned to look at him, a dreamy expression on her face.

"That is why I made you buy that piano." She said.  "Did I ever tell you about the fantasy I had about you and that piano?" Rachel asked when he pulled back.  JC's eyebrow rose sharply. 

"Fantasy?" He asked with an evil glint in his eyes.  "You had a fantasy about me?"

Rachel nodded.

"Just one?" He questioned and Rachel laughed.

"When I first came and met with you I couldn't believe you didn't have a piano in your house and when I went to the store where we got our bed from and saw that baby grand I could see you playing it." 

"That was your fantasy?" He asked in disbelief.

Rachel rolled her eyes even though she smiled.  "We're not all as dirty minded as you are, Jace." She teased.

"Ha!" He laughed.  "You forget I know you.  I hate to break it to you , but you and I are two of a kind in that regard, Sass."  He replied.

Rachel grinned.  "You want to know a secret?" She asked.

"What?" He responded.

Rachel turned and looked at him, putting her arms around his neck.  "When you play the piano there is something..." she sighed.   "It's very seductive."

JC smirked.  "Hmmm." He hummed.  "I'm going to remember that." He said as she grinned as he pressed his lips to hers.

~~~~~~

"I need a refill." Aubrey said, picking up her glass from the coffee table and looking at Rachel.  "You want another one?" She asked, pointing to Rachel's empty glass.

"No, I'm good." Rachel said lifting the remote--pausing the movie the girls had been watching.  "But I'd take another brownie." She said with a grin.

"Okay." Aubrey said as she walked around the couch and into the kitchen.  Rachel leaned her head back against the couch.  Justin and JC had been in the studio for the last week working on "a project" Justin needed help on and Rachel, sick of being home by herself, had invited Aubrey over for a girl's night after work on Friday.  Rachel had ordered Chinese and Aubrey had brought over a plate of brownies she'd made the day before and the two girls had settled down for an evening of watching chick-flicks and eating junk food.  Rachel's eyes returned to the paused scene in front of her.  Emma was one of her favorite movies and once she'd found out that Aubrey had never seen it, it was the one she'd insisted on watching.  

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Rachel asked Aubrey, curious.  Aubrey struck her as being very similar to the character Harriet in the movie--very cute, sweet and unassuming but a little naïve when it came to guys, which was understandable considering her age.

"Nope." Aubrey responded from the kitchen answering Rachel's question.

"Why not?" Rachel asked.

~~~~~

Aubrey blew out a breath.  "Why not?" She whispered to herself. Why not?  "That is the million dollar question." She said as she put a couple ice cubes in her cup and opened a bottle of the crème soda Rachel had in the fridge.  "If you can figure that out my mother would like to know the answer." She said with a chuckle as she filled her glass then threw the bottle in the trash.

"I'd have thought guys would be crawling all over you." Rachel said from the front room and Aubrey chuckled to herself. 

"You and me both." She said. 

"What's their problem?" Rachel asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Aubrey said, turning to head back into the front room.  However she was unprepared to find someone in her way and stepped back quickly as she literally ran into him.  She gasped as the soda from her glass sloshed out soaking the front of her shirt.  "Dang it!" She exclaimed holding her arms out to the side as she looked down at herself.

"Are you alright?" An unfamiliar male voice asked bringing to attention the fact that his strong hands were wrapped around her forearms, holding her in place. 

"Yes." Aubrey chuckled self-consciously, slightly embarrassed.  "I'm...fine..." She trailed off as her eyes met his.  Her smile slowly faded and a shot raced through her as his clear blue eyes held hers and his lips turned up in a small smile of amusement.  Aubrey felt her eyes widen and knew for certain her face was bright red--she could feel the warmth.  She dropped the glass and brownies from her hands as the reality of whose hands were on hers finally registered.  Justin Timberlake.  The sound of the glass breaking on the floor snapped her from her daze and she stepped back from him abruptly.

"Are you okay in there?" Rachel asked.

"Yes." Aubrey said slightly exasperated with herself as she turned to the counter in search of a towel to begin cleaning up the mess she'd just made.  Idiot!  She chastised herself.  That was brilliant.  All she could find was the stack of napkins Rachel had pulled out when she'd first arrived so she grabbed a handful and began trying to mop up the spill.  Out of the corner of her eye she watched as Justin began opening and closing a few of the cupboards and drawers closest to them as if searching for something.  The napkins Aubrey had grabbed were soon soaked though and she stood, holding one hand under the dripping mess as Rachel came into the kitchen. 

"Just put it in the sink." Rachel said, trying not to laugh as she nudged Justin out of the way and opened a drawer.  Pulling out a few dishtowels she handed one to Justin and one to Aubrey then helped clean up the floor giggling to herself. 

"It's not funny." Aubrey hissed to her, mortified at the scene she'd created.

"Yes it is!" Rachel said sitting down on the floor and leaning back against the counter as she continued to giggle.  Aubrey shot her a dirty look as she stood and rinsed out the towel she'd been using to mop up the floor.

"Dude!  What'd you do?" JC said, coming in and accusing Justin teasingly.

"Nothing." Justin shook his head as he held out his arms.  "It wasn't me."

"Yeah, right." JC chuckled as he stepped around him.

"Of course it was you." Rachel informed him, accepting JC's outstretched hands as he pulled her to her feet.  "If you weren't Mr. SexyBack, able to send girls into a tizzy with just a smile..." She began giggling again as she leaned against JC.

"No, it was me." Aubrey said standing and wringing out her dishtowel in the sink once more, rolling her eyes at herself.  "I didn't see him standing there and ran into him.  I'm sorry."  She offered in apology to Justin.

"It's okay." He replied with a shrug and smile.  "No harm done."

"Hey, Aubrey." JC said as she bent down and began picking up the brownies on the floor.  "How are you?" He asked with a smile.

"Oh, just great." She replied dryly.  Her breath caught as warm fingers brushed hers and she looked up to find Justin squatting down in front of her as he helped to clean up the mess.  He smiled at her and helped her stand once the mess had been cleaned up.  Aubrey took a deep breath and, wiping her hands on a dry towel, held her hand out to Justin.  "Why don't we try that again?" She said with a smile.  "I'm Aubrey."

"Justin." He said with a smile of his own as he took her hand. 

"It's nice to meet you." Aubrey said, her initial shock wearing off.

"You too." Justin offered his eyes alight with curiosity.  He stood looking at her for a moment and Aubrey felt certain he was about to say something to her until JC spoke up.

"Come on." JC said to Justin, unwinding his arms from around Rachel.  "We'll be down in the studio." He informed her.

"Didn't you just spend all day in the studio?" Rachel inquired with a pout as Justin left the kitchen. 

"Yeah," he looked at the movie still paused on the television screen.  "But I'm not watching that." He pointed as he leaned down and gave Rachel a quick kiss then followed Justin downstairs.  "Come get me when the movie's over."

"Alight.  Come on." Rachel said as she shook her head at the men's behavior and linked her arm with Aubrey's.  "Let's go find you a dry shirt."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love jc drunkjc