Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading :) And the feedback makes my life lol
As the weeks passed things seemed to slow down a little with Justin. He stopped recording at the studio so I didn’t get to see him during the day. And he’s been busy getting his album together I really didn’t get to see him too much in general. I felt as if it were cooling off and maybe the best had already come and gone.

I know he’s busy. He’s trying to put a whole record together. He’s getting ready to tour the country for three months. He has to put a whole show together. But it seemed like everything was so great at first and he was really into it. Even when he was so busy he found time to call. Now he still calls, not as much but at least he still calls. But it seems like all he has to talk about is what’s going on with his tour and all of that.

It was the night of Justin’s release party and I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous before in my life. This is so clearly not my scene. I’m nowhere near as confident or beautiful as all the people that will be there. I feel like I’m going to stick out like a sore thumb.

“I absolutely love how you get to go out to these big Hollywood parties and I get to stay at home and watch your daughter”

“Stop Kyle, I already feel bad”

“I’m kidding” he smiled, “I am super jealous but I love you anyway. And you look beautiful”

“So sweet” I laughed as I grabbed a plate from the counter, “Come on Booboo, dinner’s ready”

“You are not serving macaroni and cheese in that dress’ he grabbed it from me, “Just leave, I’ll take care of it”

“Thank you so much Kyle. Seriously”

“Your welcome darling. Have fun ok? Don’t worry about her. We’ll be fine. Just relax, think of him and have lots of sex”

I laughed as I helped Vanessa into her chair, “Alright Booboo, I’m leaving”

“Bye Mommy!” she smiled and gave me a big hug, “I wanted to tell Justin something… are you ready?” I nodded my head, “Tell him that I think he has nice eyes and that… I like pizza”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Kyle laughed

“Oh Booboo you’re silly” I laughed

“Tell him, don’t forget”

“Alright babes, give me a kiss. And I will see you tomorrow. Thanks again Kyle. I love you!”

“Bye Mommy! I love you more!”



I have never seen anything like this before. It was the big red curtains hanging from the ceiling that I first noticed when I walked into the club. Then there were the huge ice sculptures and the hundreds of people standing around drinking champagne. I turned around in circles trying to take everything in, the lights, the smells; I’ve never experienced anything like this before.

“You look lost” I turned around to see Tim, Justin’s asshole friend, handing me a glass of champagne

“Hi” I smiled as I took it from his hands

“Hey, J wanted me to keep an eye out for you. He had to go do an interview with Rolling Stone but he should be done soon” I nodded my head, “How are you doing?’

“I’m good thank you, how are you?”

“Good, I’m good”

“Are you excited to see all your hard work?”

“Yes, definitely” he smiled, “You look great by the way”

“Oh, thank you” ok so maybe he’s not as big of an asshole as I thought. I think it was just because he was always quiet or something.

“Ahh, you made it” I felt Justin’s hand on my waist and turned around

“I made it”

“You look… amazing”

“Thank you” I smiled before he leaned in and gave me a quick kiss. I swear I still feel weak in the knees every time he kisses me. I also see flashes of light… oh no wait, those were actual camera flashes

Justin laughed and then turned me around so my back was to the cameras, “Sorry, I should have warned you about that”

“Yes. Why are they taking our picture?”

“You’re just so beautiful they want to show the world”

“Oh is that it?” I asked with a smile

“Definitely” he smiled, “How’s Vanessa?”

“Good. Oh she wanted me to tell you that she thinks you have nice eyes and she likes pizza”

He laughed, “Tell her I said thank you and I like pizza too”

“I will” I smiled, “So this is quite the party”

“Yeah, we’re trying” he said with a chuckle. OK, I’m pretty sure Paris Hilton just walked by, and Lindsay Lohan. Oh my gosh, that’s Samuel L Jackson, “You ok?”

“Yeah, it’s just…”

“A little star struck?” he asked with a chuckle

“No it’s just… oh my gosh, that’s Julia Roberts. Julia Roberts”

He laughed and turned his head, “Julia Roberts. You’re very right. Do you want to meet her?” I shook my head, “Are you sure?”

“Yes, positive” he gave me a look as if he didn’t believe me

“Alright” he grabbed onto my hand, “If you change your mind let me know. There is someone I do want you to meet though”

“OK. Who?”

Justin looked at me and smiled, “My mother”

“What?” I stopped, “No, no no”

“What?” he laughed

“You didn’t tell me your mother was going to be here”

“Because I knew if I told you, you wouldn’t have come” he paused, “Of course my mother is going to be here, it’s my release party”

“I can’t meet her, no”

“What? Baby” he pulled me over to a quiet corner, “I really want you to meet her. She really wants to meet you. Please?”

“You should have told me she was going to be here. I would have worn a different dress and…”

“Izzy stop. She’s going to love you. She’s a cool Mom, I promise”

“Fine” he does seem like it’s really important to him that I meet her, “Let me just run to the bathroom and fix my hair”

“You’re beautiful, don’t change anything”

“What if she doesn’t like me?”

“She’s going to love you”

“But what if she doesn’t? She’s like a good southern mother and I’m like… with child”

“Would you stop with that? It’s not a big deal. You’re always afraid everyone cares so much about that. Vanessa is a wonderful girl and anyone would be lucky to spend time with her. We’re not in the 1950s anymore, it’s not a big deal” he said holding onto my hands and looking into my eyes, “She’s going to be mad if I keep her waiting, are you ready?”
I nodded my head and he kissed my forehead, “Don’t be nervous” he said as he grabbed onto my hand and lead me to his mother, “Mom” she turned around with a bright smile on her face and a glass of wine in her hand. Her strawberry blonde curly hair was down to her shoulders and the blue top she was wearing made her eyes look as blue as the sky, “This is Izzy”

I smiled because I didn’t know what else to do, “It’s so nice to meet you”

“Oh sweetie, I’m so glad to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you, Justin talks about you all the time”

“You’re not supposed to tell her that” Justin said with a chuckle as he wrapped his arm around my waist, “Thanks Mom” he said sarcastically

“But it’s true” she smiled, “How are you doing sweetie?”

“I’m good”

“You look beautiful, I love that dress,” she’s pretty adorable. She’s not one of those intimidating mothers, which is pretty impressive.

“I have to go get ready” Justin said before whispering into my ear, “Are you going to be alright?” I nodded my head, “Alright, I’ll see you later” he kissed me gently, then kissed his mother’s cheek and left us alone.

“Should we sit?” she asked as I nodded my head and sat down next to her, “So you work at the studio?”

“Yes” I smiled. “My best friend owns it so it works out well”

“That’s great” she smiled, “So you can kind of make your own hours?”

“Yes” I laughed, “I can take advantage of it as much as I want”

“And you have a daughter right? Vanessa?” she still had a smile on her face. I’m surprised it’s still there. I would think she wouldn’t like the fact that her son is getting involved with someone like me with a child, “How old is she?”

“Five” I smiled

“Aww, how adorable. Do you have pictures?”

“Of course I have pictures” I laughed as I grabbed my cell phone from my bag, “Just on my phone, but…” I said as I handed her my phone

“Oh my gosh, she’s beautiful. She looks just like you Izzy. How beautiful”

“Thank you”

“Aww” she laughed as she looked at one picture of Vanessa covered in frosting

“Yeah” I laughed, “She loves cupcakes”

“She’s adorable. I would love to meet her. I’m here for a few days; you should bring her over to Justin’s tomorrow to swim. We could grill, it will be fun”

“Um sure”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story