Author's Chapter Notes:
This one's almost done so I kind of just want to get it out there haha. Thank you all so much for reading and leaving feedback... it really makes me want to write more :)
“I’ve never had gelato before” I said as we stopped in this cute little gelato shop on the beach

“It’s amazing. Better than ice cream”

“No way” I smiled, “I want to try the lemon one”

“Alright then” Justin smiled at the lady working, “We want one lemon and one strawberry”

“Sure thing” she smiled at Justin. What is it with everyone flirting with him today? I know it’s not just me and I’m not just being jealous. They really are flirting with him as if he was out with his boys and he wasn’t out with a girl. But they don’t care about that because he’s Justin Timberlake. If he weren’t famous and he was just a normal guy no one would flirt with him when we’re out. Even if he looked the exact same and carried himself the same way he does they wouldn’t flirt because it’s not polite to flirt with someone when they are clearly on a date. But they don’t care about that because he’s Justin Timberlake

“Thank you sweetie,” he said as he paid her, “It’s good right?”

“It is very good” I smiled as he grabbed onto my hand, “Good idea”

“Thank you” he kissed my forehead as we walked down the beach, and then quickly noticed we were being followed, “Oh shit. What do you want to do?”

I shrugged but I know he could tell it was bothering me that they were taking our picture. It’s not that big of a deal that they’re actually taking my picture; I just don’t want it to be in the papers across the country. And then they write bad things about me.

“Yeah, let’s go” he said as we walked back to his car, “I’m sorry, they’re everywhere today”

“It’s ok”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah”

“Ok” he said softly as he drove me back to the apartment, “So um… I’ll see you guys tomorrow?”

“I don’t know” I answered softly, already feeling my stomach twist in knots. I do want to see him again but I don’t know if it’s a good idea. I mean, Vanessa is already obsessed with him and we haven’t even been together that long. What happens if we break up? It will break her heart. Then there’s the fact that every girl is madly in love with him. I know he’s a good guy and everything but when the temptation is there and he’s away on tour and there are all these beautiful girls throwing themselves at him, why would he hold back for the mother at home? It doesn’t make any sense. “It depends on what time we wake up and everything. I have a lot of errands to run”

“Whenever you’re done” he said as he turned the car off, “Or we could get together later and watch a movie or something” he paused waiting for a response but I couldn’t even look at him, “What’s going on Izzy?”

“Nothing I just… I don’t think tomorrow is good”

“Sunday?”

“The party”

“Monday?”

“I told Kyle that I’d stay late and help him clean up everything at the studio”

“Tuesday?”

“Vanessa has a bake sale on Wednesday and she put me down for seven dozen brownies”

“Ok. When then?”

I took a deep breath, still unable to look at him. I don’t even know what I’m doing. I could easily go over to his house tomorrow, and Sunday, and Monday and Tuesday but there was just some part of me telling me not to. I’m scared. That’s the truth. I’m scared that he’s going to hurt me. “I don’t know”

“Can you please tell me what’s going on?” he waited for me to answer but I didn’t, “Izzy, please”

“I just… I don’t know if we should be hanging out that much”

He didn’t say anything at first, and I finally gained the courage to look at him but he was looking straight ahead, “Why?”

“Justin please”

“No, you need to tell me why. You can’t just out of nowhere tell me that you want to stop dating. It’s out of nowhere Izzy. We’ve been doing great, you met my fucking mother” he’s getting angry now, “Why?”

“I don’t know I just… Vanessa is really falling in love with you”

“That’s a good thing”

“I know it is but… I don’t… I don’t date. Like she’s never met anyone that I’ve hung out with like that. Because I don’t want her to get attached and she’s getting attached to you. I mean, she talks about you all the time”

“Baby, I don’t see what the problem is”

“Well what if we break up?”

“You are breaking up with me because you’re afraid we might break up?” ok it sounds a lot different when he puts it that way and it’s not just in my head

“I don’t want her to get real attached and then we break up and she’s really going to miss you”

“Who says we’re going to break up?”

“You’re going on tour for three months”

“So what? You guys can come for the weekend and stuff and I have time off that I can get away”

“You’re young. And you should be able to have fun when you’re on tour. You should be able to stay out late and party and meet girls and take advantage of the situation instead of worrying about me and my daughter while you’re on the other side of the country”

“So that’s what this is all about”

“What?”

“You think that I’m going to hook up with girls when I’m on tour”

“No, I didn’t say that. I’m just saying you’re young and you should have fun”

“I’m three months older than you”

“But I have a daughter. She’s my daughter, my responsibility. I have to stay home and I have to take care of her but you don’t and you shouldn’t. So many girls would give anything to be with you and you should be able to go out and party instead of staying home with me and Vanessa making Monster Spray”

“I like doing that. If I didn’t like spending time with you and Vanessa I wouldn’t spend time with you”

“But you need to have fun”

“I am having fun. Listen, Izzy, I’ve had my fun. I’ve gone to the parties, I’ve experienced all that shit and I’m over it. I can’t have any girl that I want I can have any whore that I want. I’m done with that. I’m a twenty five year old man; I don’t want to spend the rest of my life hooking up with random girls. I’m ready to move past that, it’s not fun to me anymore. I’m not looking for one night stands I’m looking long term here. You are long term. You’re not just some girl that I’ll never see again, honestly I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t see you again. You can ask my mother she could tell the difference as soon as she met you. Please do not end this because you think I’m settling for something. I want this more than anything. I love you Izzy” I chose to ignore the fact that he just said those three words to me and quickly opened the door, “Why are you running from this?”

“I have to go Justin, I’ll call you tomorrow”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story