CH2 – The couple had arrived at their destination at midnight the following night. They were in the beautiful Kauai, Hawaii, the 4th largest of the main Hawaiian islands. It was also the oldest.

They rented a house on the beach, which was accessible for Nicole’s needs. Since it was so late, they decided to sleep & start the fun in the morning.

THE NEXT MORNING, Nicole stood by the window, leaning on her crutches.

Justin came up from behind & hugged her. “Hey, Baby. Want to go down to the beach?”

“Sure. We can sunbath & go in the water.”

Soon, the 2 were laying on the beach sunbathing. Nicole 1st put lotion on Justin. She spread it on his back & into his shoulders.

Justin did the same to her & was now working on her legs. He was also trying to relax her muscles because of her high muscle tone.

Now, they were both laying there, just relaxing. He looked towards her & smiled a goofy smile. She loved that smile. “What?” she laughed.

“Nothing. Just remembering how we met.” They both drifted into memories of the past.

FLASHBACK It was science class for the 7th graders at E. E. Jeter Elementary school. The kids were being paired up for a project.

Nicole was sitting at a lab table by herself, looking down. She hated being paired up because none of the kids liked her. She played with a keychain hanging on her brake as her name was called.

“Wonder what chump will get stuck with her,” 1 boy snickered.

“Nicole, you're paired with...Justin,” the teacher said. The teachers at school were very nice but kids still made fun of her.

A boy with floppy, curly hair & blue eyes walked up to her. “Hi, I’m Justin,” he said shyly.

She looked up at him. She’d had a crush on him for 2 years but they didn’t know each other well. In fact, they never spoke a word to each other before.

Nicole shook the hand he offered & answered quietly, “I’m Nicole.”

He took a seat next to her. “This is going to be so cool. We get to make a volcano explode!”
---
Over the course of the next week, the pair worked on their project. She could tell Justin was well-liked by his close friends but he was also a bit shy.

Justin never heard much from Nicole outside of working on the volcano. He wondered about her. She seemed to open up after a few days & seemed to talk a little with him but only about the work they needed to do. At school, she didn’t say anything to other kids.

He knew she was picked on due to her disability but she seemed really nice & he couldn’t understand why kids were so mean.
---
On the day of the presentation, Nicole was extremely nervous. She wheeled back & forth down the hall. It was her way of pacing.

Justin laughed softly. “Chill. I’ll do most of the talking, it’ll be fine.”

He was right. When it came time to speak, he did the talking. They hadn’t tested the volcano yet so they had no idea what was going to happen.

Nicole dropped the mentos in the club soda bottle & the thing started to fizz.
Too many were put in & it got out of control. It fizzed over the top & a bubble that built up popped. It splattered all over her & Justin.

The other kids in the class looked on in shock. The teacher was mad but slightly amused. “You 2 stay after to clean this up.”

“Yes, Sir,” they agreed.
---
Nicole was embarrassed. The class had laughed at her & she looked like a fool in front of Justin. Just then, he leaned over next to her to wipe the table.

“You know, that was pretty cool. I had no idea it’d explode like that,” he laughed.

“Y-yeah,” she answered, not feeling it was funny.

“Hey. Don’t worry about the other kids. They’re just looking for something to laugh at. It wasn't your fault too many mentos were put in. We both dropped some in.”

They both went to reach for the rag at the same time & ended up bumping foreheads. They laughed softly & Justin said, “here, you got some on your face.”

He gently wiped her cheek & they looked into each other’s eyes.
END FLASHBACK
---
The couple sighed contently. All of a sudden, Nicole was brought out of her thoughts by Justin picking her up. “Justin, what are you doing?” she asked surprised as he headed for the water.

“Dropping you in the ocean,” he answered as if it was the simplest thing.

“JUSTIN!” she squealed & laughed.

They splashed each other for a little while & then decided to go inside.

Justin walked into the bedroom behind Nicole; his arms around her. He kissed her neck lovingly. Her crutches were lost on their way into the room while they continued to kiss.

She smiled as they leaned on the bed. He reached for the strap of her bikini...

END OF CH2


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story