Story Notes:
nicole is 18 & justin is 21. joey is 25, lance is 23, chris is 31, & jc is 26. nicole is my original character, please do not take it.
18 year old Nicole lay on her back on her bed. Silent tears rolled down her face as she sobbed. ’But John, I don’t want to lose you!’

‘Sorry, I have to go.’


The painful words of the last conversation she had with her best friend only hours earlier replayed in her mind. That was the last time she’d ever see him & it hurt that he played it so casually.

She was pulled back from her thoughts by the phone ringing. She swiped at her eyes & tried to keep the tears out of her voice. “Hello?”

“Hey, girl!” she heard a chorus of five boys say.

She smiled faintly, knowing it was her friends from *NSYNC. She’d met them through a telethon & they had been friends for 2 years.

“We just called to see how our favorite girl is,” Joey continued.

“Oh, I-I’m good,” she tried to lie.

There was a rustle on the line & a soft, southern voice flowed through. “Nicole, we can tell when you've been crying. What's wrong?” Justin asked.

She sniffled as more tears fell. “You boys know me too well.”

“Yes, we do, Sweetie,” JC told her. “Now, what happened?”

“It’s John. He - he left,” she cried.

“What do you mean ‘left’? Did he hurt you? do we need to send Lonnie as backup?”

“No, JC,” she chuckled softly. “He moved away “ for good.”

“Oh, Baby Girl, we’re sorry,” Justin soothed.

“It’s ok. He only hurt my heart. I’ll get over it.”

“Well, it’s his loss,” Lance chimed in.

This time it was Chris who spoke. “Yeah, if he can't keep in touch then he’s too dumb to see how wonderful you are.”

“Thanks.”

“Listen Girl, we have to do a show but we’ll talk soon, ok?” Joey asked.

“Ok. Thanks for the call. Don’t make too many girls faint, ok?” she laughed, feeling a little better.

“We won’t. We only have eyes for you,” Chris answered.

“Love you, guys.”

“Love you!” they sing-songed.

When the call ended, Nicole sniffled. She felt ok now that she’d talked to the boys but her heart still ached with the unreturned love from John.

She’d fallen in love with him in the short time they were friends but he never loved her back. Now he was gone & she was once again alone. She changed for bed, not even bothering to see what her brother made for dinner, & cried herself to sleep.

END OF CH1
Chapter End Notes:
AN: CH2 might take a few days cuz i have no real plan for this fic. if anyone wants anythin put in ch2, let me know.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story