“Felicia James?” a voice rang out over the loudspeaker.

“That’s me,” a girl of about five foot five, with long, dark hair answered as she stood up.

“Are you Ms. James?” Tony asked.

“Yes, I am” Felicia answered as she pulled herself to her full height.

“Ok, let’s see what you’ve got,” Tony said as he put on his new song ‘So Far’. As the melodic beat started up Felicia moved into her first steps that she choreographed for this.

“Wow, she is hot!” J.C. whispered to Tony.

“Hell yeah and she is also one helluva dancer, I think I have found the one.” Tony said looking at JC, while still holding an eye on Felicia.

“Ok, everyone good work, I will have my decision tomorrow, I will contact you or your agents personally, good-bye and good luck!” Tony called out as some 200 auditioners filed out of the huge warehouse.

“Hey Felicia, wait up!” JC yelled as he jogged over to her. Turning Felicia was shocked to see him.

“Hey, sure” Felicia said as she sat her bag back down onto the chair she had retrieved it from.

“Hi, I’m JC and I just wanted to compliment you on your dancing, you were white hot!” He blurted out feeling slightly dumb and nerdy as he did so.

“Thanks. I hope I get it, because it would mean a lot to my possible career as a dancer,” Felicia said as she smiled cheesily up at him.

“Oh I don’t think that will be a problem.”

“Well I hope not,” Felicia said as she placed her bag on her shoulder.

“Are you in a rush?”

“Not really, why?”

“Well I was wondering if you wanted to get a bite to eat, if you haven’t eaten that is.”

“No, I haven’t and that sounds great, where do you want to go?”

“I don’t care, do you want me to drive or do you want to?”

“You can, if you don’t mind ‘cause I’m beat” Felicia smiled sweetly at him.

“No, it’s cool! Now let’s go cause I am starved!” JC said as they walked toward the exit. As they climbed into his car, Felicia sank back into the plush leather seats that greeted her fatigued body.

“So, what do you do? Go to school, work what?” JC asked, questioning her in rapid-fire succession.

“I do both, but mainly I do school and hit the audition circuit whenever possible” Felicia answered stifling a little yawn.

“Sorry if I am asking so many questions, I am just very intrigued by you is all” JC said in a way of an explanation.

“No it’s ok, really. Nothing about me is really intriguing.”

“I doubt that.”

“No, really, I am just rather boring, school and my ambition keep me pretty busy.”

“You aren’t gonna tell me that you are not attached to anyone.”

“Actually I am not, I just got out of a pretty bad relationship a few months ago.”

“Same here and it sucks, its like you devote all this fucking time to someone and then find out they are not the person you thought or rather remembered falling in love with.”

“Amen!” Felicia shouted laughing as they pulled into the Taco Bell parking lot.

“I take it that you have experienced that before” JC said smiling back at her.

“Oh maybe once or twice” Felicia said glibly as she climbed out of JC’s SUV. After ordering and getting their food they headed toward the corner booth.

“So tell me all about Felicia” JC said as he bit into nachos bell Grande.

“Not much to tell, am 25, a performing arts student at UCF, from Chicago, don’t talk to parents, been dancing since I was six-“

“That long? Why are you at the local performing arts school and not Julliard” JC asked taking a long swallow of his mountain dew.

“Don’t even make me go there.”

“Bad experience?”

“You could say that” Felicia said as she stared him directly in his sapphire blue eyes. The pain and anger he saw there startled JC as he slowly set down the soda he had been sipping on.

“Is there something that you want to tell me about that?” JC asked hesitantly.

“Maybe some other time, but I need to be getting back I have work in a few hours.”

“You work the graveyard shift?”

“You bet it’s the only way I can go to most auditions.”

“True” JC, said as he opened her door for her. Closing it he made his way to the driver’s side and got in, gunning the engine to life. They talked non-stop the rest of the way back to the warehouse. As they pulled into the parking lot, JC said:

“I would really like to see you again, mind if I call you?”

“I would too and nope, here you go” Felicia said handing him her business card. “You can reach me at any of those numbers day or night, ok?”

“No problem” JC said as he tucked the number into his jean pocket.

“Well it’s been nice, talk to you later” Felicia said as she pecked him quickly on the cheek and got out of the truck.

“See ya!” JC said as he waited until she was safely in her car before he began to pull away. Felicia gave him a honk, letting him know that everything was all-good as she sped off into the night.

“Fe is that you?” Her roommate and best friend Brianna called out as she heard Felicia’s key in the door.

“Yeah, its me” Felicia answered as she dropped her stuff in the foyer of their condo.

“Hey, where have you been? I thought you would be home hours ago.”

“Me too, except that I met someone at the audition.”

“Do tell!” Brianna said as her face lit up in excitement. “Is he cute? What does he look like?” Brianna asked as she followed Felicia into her bedroom.

“Hold your horses” Felicia said as she rummaged around in her CD pile searching for her copy of the nsync ‘Celebrity’ CD.

“Well hurry up, I ain’t got all night” Brianna said impatiently.

“He looks like this” Felicia said standing up suddenly, while shoving the CD cover in Brianna’s face.

“He looks like who?” Brianna asked as she studied the five cute faces on the cover.

“That one there” Felicia said as she placed her finger above JC’s face.

“JC?” Brianna asked as shock filled her face.

“The one and only” Felicia grinned broadly.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me. How? When?” Brianna asked and her brain began to overflow with thoughts.

“Well the audition that I went for today was for Tony Lucca, who is a friend of his, from back in the day. Well anyway I did my thing and as I was leaving he came up to me and asked me to lunch.”

“You mean you ate with him? Omg! Felicia, I don’t believe you! I let you out of this house for five minutes and you pick up the hottest guy on the planet!” Brianna said as she laughed.

“I can’t believe it myself, but what was more unbelievable is that he asked for my phone number and to see me again.”

“What?”

“Yup, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope he calls.”

“Me too, good luck! Now get your happy ass on to bed or you will never make it at work tonight. Did you tell him by the way?”

“No, Brianna I didn’t.”

“Why not?”

“Bri I don’t think it is customary to tell a possible boyfriend that you are a stripper for a living.”

“No, I guess not, but hey it is the millennium and you do remember what happened the last time you tried living two lives don’t you?”

“Please don’t remind me” Felicia said as she lay on her bed closing her eyes against the memory of Jon and all of the things that had transpired on that drunken night of his bachelor party, when his buddies brought him to the club she was working at the time. She would never forget the shame and horror that filled his eyes that night, when he found out her secret. And she vowed right then and there that she would not get involved with another guy until she was rid of the stripper job, but then again the fates were cruel and they had dealt her the hand with JC in the deck. ‘What am I gonna do?’ Felicia thought as she drifted off to sleep.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story